Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 04-05-2008, 04:58 PM   #1  
Diane

S/C/G: 180/170/145

Question

Was wondering if anyone has purchased and used the Malibu Pilates machine advertised on tv with Susan Lucci and others? My main questions are if the chair works well, springs hold up, and did you see results from the workout on this chair? I know pilates itself works, but don't know about this chair and it is pretty pricey at over $300.

Hi everyone

I looked through the last three pages and did not see any comments or inquiries on this.

Has anyone ever tried this program? the informercial had me hooked today when I saw it.

Take care

Diane

Last edited by nelie; 06-14-2008 at 10:42 PM.
littlerozzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 05:55 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Never even heard of this but it amazes me that they can charge nearly $400 for something that looks like a step stool.

Not that it necessarily applies to this but Consumer reports did a review a while back of a bunch of infomercial exercise machines that promised to work the abs or what not. They basically said all of them were overpriced and a $20 ball did a much better job.

I don't think you'll get a miracle out of it and you could probably get the same results with mat pilates.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 12:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 170/170/130

Height: 5' 3"

I saw the infomercial for this the other day. It looked interesting. If you search on around on the net, you can find people that have tested, used and reviewed the product.

From what people posted, the equipment doesn't seem as sturdy. And for $300, I would be cautious.
sushigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 155/155/120

Height: 5ft 3 inches

I learned a lesson getting the Treadclimber and overpaid for it and didn't use it. I'm buying used and cheap from now on.
bburleson is offline   Reply With Quote