Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 03-26-2008, 12:23 PM   #1  
GG

Question Who takes ACAI Berry? IT works!

Hi,
Oh my gosh I have more energy and feel so much better. It is not for weight loss just overall feeling better. I take pure Acai from Amazon Thunder. I researched all the brands before I started taking it. It was even on Oprah as a super food. I do feel better. It takes about a week. I was just wondering if anyone else out there took it. Be careful of off brands. Some do not have enough Acai in them. Usually the cheap brands do not have enough Acai in them and the way they process the Acai strips the nutrients out of them. Anyway just wanted to see if anyone else has had the positive response I have had from it. I love it.
GG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 01:24 PM   #2  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GG View Post
Hi,
Oh my gosh I have more energy and feel so much better. It is not for weight loss just overall feeling better. I take pure Acai from Amazon Thunder. I researched all the brands before I started taking it. It was even on Oprah as a super food. I do feel better. It takes about a week. I was just wondering if anyone else out there took it. Be careful of off brands. Some do not have enough Acai in them. Usually the cheap brands do not have enough Acai in them and the way they process the Acai strips the nutrients out of them. Anyway just wanted to see if anyone else has had the positive response I have had from it. I love it.
I used to drink a few ounces of Fruta Vida, which has Acai berries in it, every day for a few months. I loved this stuff, and it does work great! The only thing is, it is expensive and is not feasible for our budget. I really miss the Fruta Vida- I had so much energy when I was drinking it without the heart racing, and it did help calm my appetite down a bit. My overall health improved dramatically- within weeks, my skin was soft and clear, my memory improved, hair and nails looked shiny and healthy.
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 01:29 PM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I drink a hemp shake that has some acai berry in it and I also tried mango acai berry zinger from Celestial seasonings. Like blueberries and tea, acai berries do have quite a bit of antioxidants in them.

Some things I've read though is that you really need the real berry (frozen) or the freeze dried form to get antioxidant benefits from the acai berries. Apparently they are very sensitive and break down easily which is why we don't see them in the stores as berries and also their antioxidant properties diminish if not taken in their original form (again fresh, frozen or freeze dried).

I just think they are another antioxidant and if they happen to be in items I buy (like my hemp protein powder) and they give me more antioxidants, then good.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 09:17 AM   #4  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

I just found out that my grocery store has an Acai Berry juice (mixed with other natural juices) in the organic section for $5.99 for a 64 oz bottle.

I bought it yesterday- not the same as Fruta Vida, but I did feel a little bit more energetic after drinking it. I LOVE the taste of this juice- I wish we could buy the berries fresh. The only downside is that 8 oz of this juice is 100 calories, so I'm splitting it up and drinking it several times a day to get the energy kick.
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 07:35 PM   #5  

I started taking Natrol brand. I think Natrol is generally a good brand(?) I do sort of notice a difference but I have a hard time taking care of myself so I don't take it regularly like the directions say
shootingstar67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 07:41 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 250/150/135

Height: 5'4

Oh look, they have a myspace page LOL

http://www.myspace.com/amazonthunder
ShannanA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 08:29 PM   #7  

How much is the amazon thunder brand?
Lovemylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 08:47 PM   #8  
it's always something