3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Does it Work? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work-11/)
-   -   Full Bar??? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work/128479-full-bar.html)

eightiesbabe 08-02-2009 06:28 PM

I bought a three month supply a couple weeks ago and kind of half-way did it in the beginning. my doctor recommended it because the next step for me is lap band surgery, I have fought my weight for 30 years and I am just plain tired! I want to do it while im still young enough to benefit healthwise (and I would really like to fit into my nursing uniforms again). I think just about any diet will work for you if you are consistant with it and exercise. Diets like fullbars are just a tool to help you change your behaviour. I have lost almost eight pounds just messing around and started doing it full time just yesterday because Im so pleased with the results. The thing that concerns me is there doesn't seem to be any kind of maintenance program. You cant just buy these things for life, what happens when you reach your goal? any suggestions. By the way, the Fiber One cereal was a good suggestion, its the first fiber product that I have tried that doesn't make me completely sick. I am not so hot on the daily metamucil (Im a nurse so I know that it is non-stimulant and doesn't lead to dependance), but still the idea of daily laxatives do not sit well with my history of bulimia. I will keep you posted on my progress, I hope this works, I have tried everything----I mean everything! good luck everyone. J

sumu1 08-02-2009 08:23 PM

I picked up on at a drugsore and tried it. It was the peanut butter flavored. I thought it was pretty good. It's a simple concept like fiber pills and drinking water before a meal. It can't hurt to try it...

eightiesbabe 08-03-2009 01:49 AM

Anythings worth a try at this point, a lot of the women at the hospital where I work are going out of town to this doctor, they are all losing weight but it is basically prescription speed with not a lot of monitoring, its scary to me since I fought a diet pill addiction in my younger years. It is also scary considering these women are healthcare professionals and know better. I think this plan is pretty safe, drug free and with a little exercise it should work, it is either this or surgery!!! like I said, I am just plain tired of fighting it after all this time! Keep me posted of your progress and if anyone out there has had any lasting success since it has been out please let me know! Jolene

miacraig 08-03-2009 11:26 AM

serious problem with this product

if this product expands the upper stomach and makes you feel full...guess what happens when or if you quit using it: your stomach is used to being expanded, and you eat even more to compensate for the full feeling that full bar gave you, and voila: you gain even more weight! the only way to functionally lose weight is not with gimmicks or quick fixes, but rather by mentally retraining your brain to curtail bad eating habits. Secondly when you do eat, you MUST adhere to a sensible diet that severely curtails sugars, processed foods, excessive carbs, cut out all soft drinks, fast foods, eat vegetables, fruits, etc.
Good Luck!

Jensaloser 08-03-2009 11:40 AM

so far so good

Hi everyone! I'm new here and had to start in this forum.

I feel as though I am finally no longer a slave to the "quick fix" mentality. For me my downfall was emotional eating and I have learned how to deal with many of the underlying issues which is key when your weight issues are due to emotional eating and food addiction.

So I am so excited to say that I am finally doing it the right way this time which unfortunately turns out to be the slow way. Nonetheless, I have no desire to fad diet or take pills. The only pills I take are my multi-vit and my super B.

With all that said, I will admit that I tried a Full Bar the other day out of curiosity. It tasted very similar to Cliff Bars and it was indeed satisfying. There are no harmful ingredients and are all natural.

What I think I'll try is having a full bar for mid morning snack. This seems to be one of my trigger times of the day. For some reason (and my breakfast habits aren't the reason because I do eat within an hour of waking and I have a serving of Steel Cut Oats w/ a serving of honey, half of container of organic applesauce and a 1/8 cup of walnuts with a glass of prune juice).

By mid-morning my body is craving snacky food. I've done so well on my new lifestyle change but this mid-morning snack attack is driving me nuts. So I will try this for a while and see how it works.

As far as all the other foods listed, well it is true that we can think up a myriad of different foods that have just the same affect but for me it is a convenience thing. One of the things that kept getting me off track in the past was the calorie counting, meal and snack prep etc. It is just too time consuming. So some things have to give. If it means making a healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner I'm willing to spend a couple of extra bucks on the convenience of a Full Bar for mid-morning snack.

-Jen

~I don't believe in coincidence, I believe in God and I am not lucky I am blessed!~

eightiesbabe 08-03-2009 02:46 PM

I am hoping to figure something out for maintenance. Since starting I have cut my serving sizes in half and it has really been helping (and really eye-opening). I am hoping I will be able to gradually cut them out without foregoing my progress. This is all jumping the gun a bit because I have only lost eight pounds and I have over a hundred left so I hope I have time to figure it all out! My main problem is implementing exercise into the whole thing with my work schedule. I work evening shift and dont get off work until 3 am sometimes. I then sleep almost until it is time to go to work. I can't exercise in the gym at work without being all sweaty and having to huff-grunt-and puff in front of all the 20-something skinny girls ( I would rather die lol). Anyway, the fullbar system is working fine for now but its not now that concerns me with this plan. Jolene

MarySnidget 08-03-2009 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eightiesbabe (Post 2857674)
I am hoping to figure something out for maintenance. Since starting I have cut my serving sizes in half and it has really been helping (and really eye-opening). I am hoping I will be able to gradually cut them out without foregoing my progress. This is all jumping the gun a bit because I have only lost eight pounds and I have over a hundred left so I hope I have time to figure it all out! My main problem is implementing exercise into the whole thing with my work schedule. I work evening shift and dont get off work until 3 am sometimes. I then sleep almost until it is time to go to work. I can't exercise in the gym at work without being all sweaty and having to huff-grunt-and puff in front of all the 20-something skinny girls ( I would rather die lol). Anyway, the fullbar system is working fine for now but its not now that concerns me with this plan. Jolene

That's awesome you have lost eight pounds! My friends mom is doing this and said the same thing, she has noticed a big difference in her diet. So far she has lost about 5 pounds from June to July. She'll eat one for a snack in between lunch and dinner and sometimes after dinner. I was even thinking about trying them. She goes to the local ymca for water therapy (she has fibromyalgia) and will walk on the treadmills; I went with her one day and she was doing the huffing and puffing and three girls started making fun of her and she just told them that at least she knows she's burning calories instead of wasting time and bugging the employees and then started to point out flaws. Which I know it is mean but I did have laugh at them because of how red they went and how blunt she was about it.

Keep up with the Fullbars, I would like to know how they are going for you and for everyone who is trying them. I think my friend's mom is starting to loose her faith in loosing weight because she's not seeing the results fast enough.

SouthernGal07 08-04-2009 12:17 PM

Hello everyone,

I tried Fullbar and it didn't work for me. I never felt full and I still ate the same portions and lost no weight. I decided to start using the SlimQuick products a few weeks ago and I've lost 15 pounds so far. What I do now to eat less food is drink 2 glasses of water before a meal don't even need the bar.

BizzyBar 08-05-2009 03:49 PM

Full Bar Works Great for me

Hi gang:
ok -so starting diet #423

Target = 40% total body weight

Started full bar yesterday - was TOTALLY FULL... and ate small portion for dinner.

Today = it was late breakfast and still full at 3:45pm.

Cant take pills - and even multivitamins give me the shakes..

This is it - do or die!!

I give full bars two thumbs up!

eightiesbabe 08-07-2009 01:54 PM

Thanks everyone for your input. I used Wednesday as my "day off" according to the plan you get one day a week off. Okay so it didnt go too well, I didnt gain back any weight but I ended up binging on yogurt with granola and ate a couple of bagels with strawberry cream cheese (oh yea and that slice of pizza with ranch)all this along with my regular meals (which I was actually pretty good about). There seems to be a significant difference when I am not eating the Bars. Another benefit is that I am drinking more water, I actually feel better than I have been, not so drained. Maybe because I just feel better about life in general (today lol). Jolene

Molly1424 08-11-2009 10:27 AM

so far, so good

I have been using fullbars for four days. I am buying them at GNC each day because I have been disappointed by so many other products in ths past. So far magical. I am full. It is easy to make good food choices when I am full. Maybe more important and surprising, for the only time I can remember I am not thinking about food every minute. I lost three pounds, and I am not waking up hungry despite the fact it has been hours since I had a bar or ate. So far wonderful.

livkuz 08-12-2009 12:35 PM

Diarrhea?

OK this is embarrassing but it's info that I need. I ate a Cocoa Chip Fullbar prior to 3 meals for 2 days. By the end of the second day I had diarrhea. By the next day the diarrhea was pitch black. It resolved itself over several more days. The ingredients seem pretty straight-forward to me and to my health care provider but in order to see if there might be a connection, I emailed Dr. Snyder asking if he was aware of anyone having similar symptoms after eating Fullbars. That was about a week ago and there has been no response. So, I'm asking this community - anyone have cramps, diarrhea, or black stool after eating fullbars?

catwoman1964 08-13-2009 09:08 AM

Full Bar Just started 3 days ago!

Just started FullBar - bought at Costco (15 bars for $16.49).
Will keep up to date with progress!
Good luck to me!:dizzy:

TheRose76 08-13-2009 08:27 PM

Good luck catwoman. I bought two boxes also at Costco. I don't eat them twice a day though. No need to. I drink my water with a bar and yes it does fill me up , but i only eat one if I am going out to eat with friends or if I am really hungry and afraid of overeating. I don't feel I need them all the time right now. I haven't hit the scale but the clothes are looser. I beenhitting the gym more and eating more fish.

Molly1424 08-14-2009 09:53 PM

fullbar, still going strong

I started a week ago. I continue to feel full. I am not thinking about food all the time, I am actually feeling free. My jeans that would not zip a week ago by about two inches zipped this am. I do not weigh myself because often if I do not lose as much as I hope then I binge, I do not want to take a chance. I checked around, it seems All Star Health online is the cheapest I can find the bars and aquafill. Right now I have a box I bought at GNC for $19.20 for 12. If anybody has any tips about getting the bars cheaper, or how to make them work better, I would love to hear. :carrot: