3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Does it Work? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work-11/)
-   -   Full Bar??? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work/128479-full-bar.html)

crzydoglady180 12-30-2008 06:19 AM

full bar type recipe

I too saw these bars advertised and after reading the ingredients and posts here I knew I could come up witha similar recipe and avoid spending the 2.00 per bar price. this recipe is similar to how you make rice krispie treats and there is some sugar in them, but the full bars have sweeteners in them as well! Try it and tell me what you all think!
5c puffed wheat cereal, 2 C fiber one, 3 C mini marshmallows and 3 T light whipped butter or light buttery spread. Directions are the same as with rice krispie treats.
Adding dried fruit or other spices you could come up with your own fave flavor and subbing PB for the light butter you could make them PB flavored. Follow with the full glass of water and you have a good sub for the full bar diet!

windogsmom 01-02-2009 02:06 PM

recipe

Surfmom,

I like your recipe idea. I was thinking the same thing. As much as I cook and make up recipes I'm sure I can come up with something similar.

Can someone please provide the main ingrediants that are in the Fullbar? I would really like to try to come up with a recipe that would be similar or work the same way. (not to mention, cheaper).

Jannylu 01-03-2009 09:46 AM

Sale on Full Bars

:) Just wanted to let everyone know that the Full Bars are now carried at Jewel Osco Stores. Starting on Friday, they were buy one get one free with your Jewel Card. The price was $1.79 so this is a very good deal. I bought a bunch of Caramel Apple and Cranberry Almond. These are very satisfying. The cashier had lots of questions about them as she had never heard of them.
I figured they couldn't hurt and if nothing else will add a lot of fiber to my diet!
Jan

BelovedImzadi 01-06-2009 01:43 PM

I was thinking about trying these full bars but I see that Amazon has odwalla bars for less than $1 a bar. I've found those to be pretty filling.

I think the full bar does more than fill you up with fiber. I think it helps regulate blood sugar, as well.

coufs 01-07-2009 07:21 PM

Found Cheap FullBars!

I was once under the care of Dr. Snyder (creator of FullBar). He was going to do a lapband for me but my insurance wouldn't cover it. Anyway, I found him to be a very decent man. So, when I saw the ad on tv, I was very intrigued. However, I don't want to spend $30-50 dollars for a two week supply.:o I found FullBars on Amazon.com and Target.com at $19.99 per box of 12. I was even able to purchase the ChocoChip for $16.97 for a box of 12.

I've been using the FullBar now for about a week and I believe it is doing its job. I am eating smaller portions at lunch and dinner and have stuck religiously to my diet. Another plus with the FullBar is that I have been able to satisfy my salty-sweet cravings with them.

Good Luck to all!
~coufs

4pawsmom 01-09-2009 11:43 AM

Cheap Fullbars

Woohoo! thanks coufs! I just ordered the cranberry almond bars from Amazon - big savings.....:D

BoiseShan 01-09-2009 12:53 PM

Guinea Pig

I'm going to give it a shot. Just ordered four boxes (one of each flavor) from Target.com that my DH and I are going to try.

Wish me luck!

Suzanne 3FC 01-09-2009 09:43 PM

If they have them at target.com, they might have them in the store :)

coufs 01-10-2009 11:55 AM

At Target Stores?

Before ordering from Target.com, I checked with my local store. They did not have them in stock. :( It would have been much easier to buy locally and less expensive (no shipping costs).

Try calling the store first before heading to buy.

~coufs

BelovedImzadi 01-11-2009 02:39 AM

I would not buy them from Target, personally. If you get the three month supply (getting one month free) from fullbar.com it ends up being just over $1 a bar. It saves more money than buying from target.

desertdiva2u 01-12-2009 04:42 PM

coufs I bought my Fullbars from a local GNC store. I joined GNC as someone here recommended and received a discount on both boxes. I bought two flavors- peanut butter and the cranberry/almond flavors deciding if they worked that I would do the three month plan next time directly from Fullbar.com site.

Today is the first day using the Fullbars so I don't have any long term evidence to post. To be honest all I want those bars to do is be able to reduce the portions I eat at two meals a day. I am still deciding on what type of diet to go on permanently. I have a long way to go and I need something that will be a permanent food change NOT a "diet". Right now I am just making good food choices and eating healthy. Exercise is my pitfall and I need to learn to move more.

truffles 01-12-2009 10:23 PM

I tried a fullbar a couple of weeks ago--got mine at GNC. Today was the first day of eating the fullbar. It filled me up, but I need to find a diet to begin. I think I will modify the South Beach diet since fullbars have so many carbs. I believe the fullbar will make me fill full, but I will need to gain self control. I CAN do this.

ImSlayer 01-13-2009 06:14 PM

Looks like it works

Hi everyone, I have just finished my second box of fullbar and have lost 7 lbs. My husband even commented on how noce I am looking. :hug::dancer:

coufs 01-14-2009 09:36 PM

FullBar and going strong

Hi All,

It's good to see we're all working on our diets. I've been eating a FullBar before lunch and one before dinner for about two weeks. The first week I jumped into it and I was a little disappointed because I wasn't really feeling full. However, this week is a completely different story!!! I can barely finish a very small lunch and dinner. Wow, what a difference. I can figure that I am eating the FullBar and drinking the water and waiting long enough before I eat. The good news is I'm eating right and have lost 7 lbs. since 1/2!

~coufs

purplerose 01-17-2009 03:01 PM

Hi all,
Thanks for all the great posts and updates. Please continue the updates for those of you trying full bars. I am very interested in making my own full bars. The crispy rice and marshmellows with fiber one sound like a good option. I think I will try them and see if they work. 7lbs in 14days is awesome. Those are the kind of results I would like to see. :)