Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2001, 01:49 PM   #1  

Angry Fibro thread #33

Hi everyone. Hope you are having better days. This has been the worst week and it won't go away. The added stress sure causes some pains, but little compared to others.

Mima, Ally - You are right. There are not enough tears for what has happened. They just start out of nowhere.

Meme - I hope you are feeling somewhat better by today. Are the new meds helping at all or just making you feel worse.

Candice - Hello

Phyllis if you are able to read this, please let un know how you and your family are. Your daughter and friends are in New York.

Joanne - Hi, and I sure hope you got some of the rain. It has gotten nice here again and heading up to the late 70 or 80 today. Sure can't complain about the weather.

Thought you might want to have a look at this. It was posted on another site I visit. It is very nice.

http://home.covad.net/~georgelsjr/Tr...rld_mourns.htm
Old 09-15-2001, 07:01 PM   #2  

You're right Happy.... I forgot about Tootie and her family in NY. Hope things are OK.
Am still bursting into tears.
I hear the regular TV on.....that sounds ODD.
Ate potato salad today, uh oh.
Old 09-15-2001, 07:22 PM   #3  

Default Hey

Hello Everyone- Happy we did get quiet a lot of rain. Sadly some people got more than they wanted and have lost a lot from flooding.
I did not pay as much attention to the weather this week as I would have . There were many more things going on in this world more important. I wonder what and where will happen next.
Memetoo I hope you are feeling better.
Hello Mima and Candice.
Bye...Joanne
Old 09-16-2001, 07:27 AM   #4  

Default HELLO

I took a break from the news last night to watch a video-The Producers-the original movie of the play that is on Broadway.I got it at the library. I have been searching for a flag unsuccessfully so I hung red white and blue ribbons from my balcony.Going to church this morning soon and then to continue my flag search. Not much seems important right now except our connection with others. My cousin was supposed to come from CA. yesterday but his plane did not leave.I have 4 friends in Italy but they are continuing their plans. When you are on vacation, the real world seems far away. I have been doing a little yoga and it is helping my shoulders but I have to be careful of my ribs. Have a peaceful day and sorry I didn't reply to each one but I look forward every day to the posts. Mima
Old 09-16-2001, 03:11 PM   #5  

Hi Mima...I can't find a flag either. I have one from when my father died but it is in a box of things that came home from his funeral and I can't bring myself to go dig it out. That would just get more tears started.
I also kept eating potato salad and finally had to throw it in the garbage.
It is nice to have people to talk to out there in the world. Hope everyone is coping OK.
Old 09-16-2001, 06:52 PM   #6  

Default Hey

Hello Mima ,I too just have to take a break from the news from time to time. My hubby and I took our lunch to the beach to eat today and stayed awhile and read and just watched the people and the boats. Then I took a 4 mile walk.
Ally, usually the flags that we get at funerals are really big. We had a olderer one that we put out. We were going to light a candle the other night but as it was windy and we were having a stormy windy night we just turned on the light in the yard. I have watched so much and everytime I see those planes fly into the WTC it seems like the first time. We are still in a state of disbelief. But life goes on.
Hello to Happy,Candice and Memetoo.
I have been trying to pay attention to my health. I hope you all are well....Joanne
Old 09-17-2001, 07:53 AM   #7  

Default Good morning

I'm up for the second time-the first time at 4. Boy-Joanne-picnic at the beach and 4 mile walk sounds great.No luck finding a flag but I hung red , white , and blue ribbons. My daughter is going to look today.Mass was so nice yesterday and lots of people there.I have to work tomorrow and Wed.-first grade. That sure can take things off your mind.I put a shutter up outside yesterday!!!Now I have to get some screws that a re actually long enough.And I walked and stopped to visit a friend.Been real good on my food plan-but WW leader is not going to be there so I will go next week. I just remembered-she went to CA. She will have a story to tell. Bye for now-hello everyone !Mima
Old 09-17-2001, 09:25 AM   #8  

Default Good morning

Well, I hope this day finds everyone feeling a little better. I think it is time to put life back together. I know that it will be hard, but I find a steady diet of the news on the TV is NOT a good thing. Life must continue on in the same manner as before, or they really have won.

My son came home this week. Took a week off between jobs, so it was nice to have him here. He lives about 7 hours drive from here, and works in Ft. McMurray (the Oil Sands-largest oil base in Canada).

My little granddaughter started dancing lessons on Saturday. She didn't want to wear her leotard and body suit - she screamed when they put it on her (she is 3 yrs old); however, when she got to dancing and saw another little girl wearing exactly the same thing, she was happy. Kids are so funny.

Joanne - a picnic on the beach and a 4 mile walk sounds ambitious. I love the lake, and it is looking so beautiful with all the leaves turned gold. I must take some pictures this week. It really is the prettiest lake. There were still people swimming yesterday, but the day was pretty nice. The nights are sure getting cooler - down to almost freezing.

Mima - good luck with your little ones. That would be fun.

Ally - That is not a very good diet (no food). I hope that soon things will start to improve for you. I heard a physciatrist say that people will feel guilty about being happy and smiling, but that is the first step on the road to recovery, and that it must be done. I actually watched Grumpier Old Men 2 last night and had such a laugh. Walter Matheau and Jack Lemmon were so hilarious; I could only thing that they are both gone now, but sure did enjoy it.

Hi Meme and Candice - Where the heck are you!!!

Everyone have a great day.

Anne
Old 09-17-2001, 10:04 AM   #9  

Default Hi

Good Morning- It is a nice morning. I haven't turned on the TV yet this am. I watched Band of Brothers last night. It seems really strange after the past week. My Father was in on the invasion of Normandy. He used to tell me the story of finding a chicken in a French farm yard and cooking it in his helmet. He was a colorful man of French extraction from the bayous of La. Or his father was and he was from South ,Ga.He has been gone many years.
Happy we thought leaving the house was a good way to clear our thinking. We only live 1 mile from the Gulf.
Mima.. Walking is the one thing I can do to give myself time alone. My hubby is retired and wants constant attention. He works in the yard but otherwise has no hobbies and has no desire to have any. My sister and her friend will be here in about 1 1/2 weeks and that will give him a male friend to talk to. I hope he talks his head off. My neighbors are very busy people and much younger than we are so we rarely see them. I have found many things I can and want to do as I don't work anymore. There just isn't enough time in the day for them.
Hello to all the other nice people . Ally. Did throwing out the potato salad make you feel like I did when I threw out the ice cream?Guilty for wasting it? Bye you all...Joanne
Old 09-18-2001, 06:39 AM   #10  

Default Hello

Hi everyone-of course, the one morning I had to go to work-I fell back asleep but I feel rested. Gotta be rested for 6 year olds. Thanks for the joke-Meme.I got a burst of energy yesterday-could have been the allergy pill- and did a whole bunch of work. My ribs are hurting again from doing a yoga video. I always have to try something. The yoga teacher at the senior center said I could have a tear. That would be easier to fix than my shoulder. I am getting sick of this-it's been a year and a half. Like the shoulder.Rambling-hi to all-gotta go. Mima
Old 09-18-2001, 07:34 PM   #11  

No guilt about throwing away food. I find strength in that. I also like to be able to throw something away on my plate. I usually lick it clean. That is out of habit, though, not hunger. So I like it when I can bring myself to throw something out.
That is also the only way I know it will not get eaten. And I have been known to try and retrieve things from the garbage so must mix it in with the coffee grounds.
Yes, Happy.....life does go on. For a few days I felt guilty over any pleasure I felt in anything, including eating.
I can't do that forever and once this week found myself actually eating something while watching the news. That means I have become aenesthetized and it is not getting under my skin right now.
I also spend way too much time talking political mumbo jumo at work with men who are itching to go shoot someone....
Gotta stop that too.
Candice and Meme...you OK?
Joanne and Mima.....OUr newspaper printed flag posters for us as our town will be out of flags for a while.
Old 09-19-2001, 02:40 AM   #12  

I'm here! Just nothing much happening here. I've been reading everyone's posts every day, though. Hubby and I went to Wal Mart tonight and stocked up on food, water, batteries, etc. and filled up everything with gas. He filled up our 50 gal. drum and all our propane tanks last weekend. We have a large camp stove, a big grill with a burner on the side and a generator in case things go south here. We have such bad winters and the power goes out a lot here so we usually try to stay prepared...thought since everything looks so bad we'd get an earlier start this year. A few years back the power was off for nearly a week here. We have large kerosene heaters, oil lamps and battery camp lamps, too. We also keep lots of bottles of ice in our freezer so if the power goes off everything will keep. When things get bad the kids all pile in here since we have a finished basement and lots of room. We try to stock soup, spaghetti, beans, tuna etc. and keep several loaves of bread in the freezer along with at least 20 gallons of bottled water in the garage. Then, in the spring, we try to use it all up and restock again in the late fall. It is a lot to keep up with but if times get bad (or the weather does, one) it will all be worth it. We spent $300 tonight and still didn't get everything we might need if the power goes off for awhile. I'll try to finish up next week. I also need to do some baking and freeze a few things. I'm still so tired all the time...it is hard to get everything done.

I'm having to go pick Ross up at school everyday at 3 and then hurry home, cook dinner, eat and go downstairs and teach piano until 7 or 8. I'm barely keeping my housework done and take care of Jenna during the day. Today I spent 3 hours on the couch. Jenna is so cute when I lay down. She likes having me there, in the living room while she watches TV but she doesn't want me to go to sleep so every 5 or 10 minutes she gets right up in my face and says, "Meme...you seepin"?

This weekend I'm going to try trading on ebay...wish me luck!!!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Old 09-19-2001, 05:02 AM   #13  

I'm so tired...4 a.m. and no sleep yet!!! The new meds. have messed up my whole system! (Plus...too much on my mind I guess!)
Old 09-19-2001, 05:50 AM   #14  

Default Hello

Hi everyone.Well, first grade teachers are in a special category-I forgot how hard it was. The noise level is so different than 5th where you have to do so much teaching. I was reading the little ones my favorite book-I'll Love You Forever-when the little goy in the front said-"you're an od teacher!" I could tell he wanted to take it back but he was speaking the truth. Well, that old teacher is going to wear her size 8 chinos to school today and pray to survive another day. Then I have to tutor and someone is coming over at 6 to do the Christian Single Newsletter-of which I am a proofreader. But I have tomorrow and Friday off. Yeah-Now I was saving my money for a trip to Italy but I'll have to start walking now so I'll bethere in June 20002. A girl at work who is a travel agent said people were canceling all over the place. Maybe things will be better later. Bye for now Mima
Old 09-19-2001, 09:52 AM   #15  

Default Hello

Ally- The newspapers all over must be printing flags. There was one on our St Petersburg Times today. I am throwing away a piece of pizza today. My Hubby and I worked in the yard yesterday and I was so tired I didn't plan dinner. He said lets eat that pizza. It wasn't very good anyhow. You try to dress up these store bought pizzas,sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.Some excuse huh?
Mima- My daughter teaches 2nd grade mentally challenged children. You should see her at the end of the day. She is a very small girl with a large attitude. The parents love her as do the children. Some of those children are bigger than she is. She has a intern and another teacher in the room. I wish I had her will power. She is a size 3. Very aware of her diet and exercise.
Memetoo - Take care of yourself. It sounds like you are trying to do too much. Small Grandchildren are a handful.
Hello Happy and Candice...
Joanne
Closed Thread