3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Dieting with Obstacles (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dieting-obstacles-14/)
-   -   Fibro thread #33 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dieting-obstacles/9420-fibro-thread-33-a.html)

Ally0306 09-19-2001 07:37 PM

Meme...Is this the usual stock up plans for the winter in case of power outages or because you think we are heading for war? I haven't gotten that far yet. Just worrying about flying to San Francisco in Oct.
Mima......remember their concept of old is anyone who shaves.
Joanne.....Yeah, I have dumped store bought pizza. Only a few frozen ones can be doctored to edibility too. I made Boboli pizza crust this week with Ragu quick sauce and a whole 8oz container of Mozz and 8oz of pepperoni for my kids. And they didn't like it.... might as well stick with crappy old Dominos.
Happy.....where are you? Do you hear from Tootie?

MemeToo 09-20-2001 01:57 AM

Both...combined. It is stock up for winter about 6 weeks early just in case! :)

I used to sub almost every single day...did that for too many years. But kids were different back then...not as mature I think. Also, it seems the parents took more interest in their kids 15 years ago, too. I tried it again a few years ago and had one 3rd grader call me a ***** because I called him down in the lunch room. Threatened to call another boy's Dad to come get him and he just laughed and said, "Go ahead, I won't get in trouble. I'll just get to go home and ride my four wheeler the rest of the day." The kids used to beg their teachers to get me when they were out...I loved to teach...but I finally couldn't take the stress anymore and started telling the teachers, "No"! There was one special ed teacher I still went in for for a little while after I said I was quitting...she was dying with cancer and I knew 2 of her sisters. She only had 8 kids and her class was not too bad...and the kids were soooo sweet! I also subbed as an interpreter for some deaf children since they had such a hard time finding someone who could sign. But I quit for good when my daugher had her first baby 5 years ago because I started keeping her kids for her. I don't miss it! I thought I would since I had subbed for so long. I still had teachers calling me 2 years after I quit even though my name was no longer on the list! It is hard to get substitutes here. My daugher-in-law just started back teaching 6th at the private school where both of my grandsons go. She says it is awesome to be able to have prayer before school and before lunch every day and not get in trouble for it! Also, she says all the kids are from Christian homes and very well mannered. She only had 20 kids, too. I used to go to a private school but the kids there didn't come from good homes...most of them only went there because they got kicked out of public school! :lol: No...Candice...I did not get kicked out of school...I lived in a rough neighborhood in the middle of Detroit...schools were MURDER literally...I actually saw one boy get killed and my own councellor was raped in the hall.

I'm talking too much...need to go to bed I guess and see if I can sleep tonight!

Mima 09-20-2001 07:41 AM

Hello

The nice thing about working is that when you have a day off, you really appreciate it. I am working next Thurs, and Fri .I survived yesterday by being tough and separating kids. What can you do with 27 kids-it's ridiculous!!!I do love that school and all the teachers in it and the principal is wonderful.And I do get pd. on top of my retirement.I'm supposed to walk with my aunt today but it looks like rain. Maybe we will go to the mall. I want to get my shopping done early because I have to do the teacher test right before Christmas. No kids there. Meme-please slow down. I worked with kids in a Catholic school and it was wonderful-I couldn't pray because I was employed by the federal gov. but I used to sneak off to Mass in the off-sit bldg. And the kids were wonderful.Ally-the security is great in the airport-I have to fly in Jan. so I am concerned too. My girlfriend is coming home from Italy tonight!!!!Hi to all-and have a peaceful day. Mima

Joanne D 09-20-2001 10:24 AM

Hey There

Hi Everybody.........I know that teachers are having a difficult time of it right now. Here in my area they don't have enough to man the classrooms. In some areas they are using people with just a highschool diploma.
Every day we will have a new thing to worry us. My main objective will be to pray that we will all stay safe. Right now you couldn't pay me to get on an airplane. I am sure their are many more people with the same idea..That's one reason the airlines are in so much trouble.
Mima..Shopping for Christmas?I am one person who keeps saying I got to get to that. My sister is already finished.
Mimetoo ..I wish sometimes I had the space to stock up. I hope I don't need it. Keep well.
Hello Ally,Happy and Candice..How's the arm? Joanne

Happy Canuk 09-20-2001 11:50 AM

Hello to all

Well firstly, this is the second time I am trying to do this. I guess the computer thought I was getting really long winded in the last post, and a power surge shut it down. Anyway, I hope you are all well.

Joanne, I envy the fact that you can walk like that. It is wonderful. I guess I just plain lack the motivation to do that by myself. Soon the walking group will start again, and I will get back at it. Hope you are well and not living in fear. That would be terrible.

Mima - The best thing about working, is the days off. You really do appreciate them. When you just have them off, you wish you could work. Have a nice walk today.

Meme - Preparing for a lot of things:D I don't have to stock up as I think I have enough food to feed an army. Don't know why, but I guess when there are good buys on, I just stock up then. Anyway, I am sure we could eat well for weeks:lol:

Candice - Oh Candice where are you! I miss the photos of your flowers. Come tell us how you are even it it just says a couple of words. I hope your arm is starting to feel better.

Ally - Boy, I find it hard to throw out food sometimes. I guess I was raised to not waste it because of all the starving children etc. Used to tell my mom to send it to them then, because I didn't want to eat it.

I hope that the stress of the past week and a bit has passed some. I know that my muscles were a lot tenser. I am not a real worrier, so I won't be to worried about an impending war until it happens. My philosophy is why waste time worrying about something that may never happen. It works for me, and has for years. There is plenty of time to worry if it should happen.

Well better go, before the computer cuts me off again.

Anne

Happy Canuk 09-20-2001 11:57 AM

something to share

I really liked this and wanted to share it with you.

http://sidero.net/icq/christian1.html

hope you enjoy it.

Ally0306 09-20-2001 07:18 PM

Happy...thank you for the rose and beautiful words and the music, of course.
Teachers....last nite I watched an old Andy Griffith show and it was when Miss Krump starts teaching. Well....she is the meanest thing you ever saw. And then I realized that my earlier teachers were of the same grain. I was scared of a few of them. I would never, ever, ever have talked back or been rude. The thought of being punished by them put fear in my heart.
Then I remember my 5th grade teacher who was so appalled that two boys jumped me outside in the bus circle that she marched right thru the line of busses not letting them leave til she found the bus those boys were on and she hauled them out of there. Her own daughter was in 5th grade at the time and that must've struck a nerve.
Little did I know that those boys LOVED me.
One died of AIDs, and one is in prison.
My kinda guys.

MemeToo 09-21-2001 12:16 AM

Thanks, Ally...I needed a laugh! You are soooo funny!!!

I twisted my knee this morning and am now on crutches!!!

Candicej 09-21-2001 03:33 AM

I'm here but feelin' kinda blue cause I can't do anything!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need to keep busy physically and get things accomplished to keep my mental status normal...I know Meme...I'm not normal!:lol: never was!!!!!!!!!! Physical Therapy wears me out and hurts too! Oh, I fell in the garage too and hurt my right hand and arm! So hard to click my mouse:eek: my upper body is getting so weak...I just hate this!!!!!!!!!!!!! No one understands! (could use some sympathy here!) :^:

We did have a good time with the boys home for DH's 50th last Saturday. I stayed op but had banked points to use up on cake and icecream!!!!!!!!!!! I'm craving carbs so I know I'm getting depressed about not being able to get anything done!

Anyone know how the mail is running I have some film to send to Seattle but don't want it to get lost with all this airport stuff! I'm still in shock at all this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not feeling any anger yet but sad....I hear this is normal too!

Still can't type much...........
Took me forever to get through all my email since I haven't been on in a week! Some of it would not open Anne and Meme............so I just deleted it!

Hi, Joanne, Mima, Ally, and Toots:) Meme and Anne too!
Hibiscus opening.......... :smug:

Mima 09-21-2001 09:16 AM

Hello

Hello-I have that stupid intercostal thing in my ribs again. It hurts!!!I put my stretchy wrap thing around it to see if it helps. Seems I keep aggravating it. Down to only walking for a while which I haven't done and am now craving carbs. Wken I talked to my sister-in-law she told me how much chocolate she had been eating but I don't have any in the house-that's good. I ate over my pts but not bad. Didn't go for a walk yesterday because we thought it was going to rain. Whine-whine whine. Church service at Christian Singles-that will be good.Dishwasher coming at 11:30-good . My daughter's boyfriend got a job. Good. I'm alive-good. I feel for you Candyce in your frustration.Love to all-in these trying times. Oh yeah-girlfriend home safe from Italy. Good. Mima

Candicej 09-22-2001 02:27 AM

Sorry about your ribs hurting Mima! :^: Speaking of ribs.......I used to love to eat smoked ribs but they are too high in fat and give me indigestion!:(:mad: ;)

What is that intercostal thing Mima?????????????:?:

Meme how's the knee????? I heard on the news that neurontin among others causes hunger pains and then weight gain! I have it but haven't tried it yet.

Happy are you feeling better?

Ally and Joanne hope you gals are hanging on, I'm about to fall off the cliff! :cry: I hear form the doc Monday on what we will do next. The arm is not better!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's a hug for all of you ailing folk!:o

Mima 09-22-2001 07:35 AM

Hi

Hi everyone-got a good night's sleep last night but everyone was in my dream-not unusual for these times I think. I went to a nice service last night and then out to eat with some of the people and yes-I had the pie but I gave away 1/2 of my icecream.I made myself walk yesterday-I was getting so depressed.I'm going to take my step-grandaughter to the movies today. We are going to see the new Mariah Carey movie which is supposed to be boring with good singing.What you don't do for kids!!! Candyce-the intercostal thing is pain under my ribs on my left side which I keep aggravating. Chiro says that when it heals it forms scar tissue and that tissue is weaker than regular-hence it keeps tearing.Probably what happens to you with your arm a bit-who knows. Happy-I put that elastic on and I think it helped.I know that stress aggravates it because my TMJ disappeared and now I hold my stress in my stomache.Hope everyone is ok. Mima

Mima 09-22-2001 04:34 PM

Hello again

I know I already posted but my best girlfriend came over this morning and told me she has a fatal pulmonary disease that she got from taking redux and phen phen. She is getting another test on Thurs. but the prognosis does not look good. Pray for a miracle,She has a 12 year old daughter and has to be careful who she tells because she does not want her daughter to know now.Just wanted your support. Mima

Happy Canuk 09-23-2001 05:51 PM

hello

Mima, so sorry to hear about your friend. That must be quite a blow to both herself and you. Her daughter is so young. I know that you are going to be hurting with the added stress, but try to do some meditation. Also, hope your ribs are feeling better - that really hurts.

Alley - Hello. Candice hope you are doing ok. I hope you didn't hurt anything else with the fall. Meme - Hello, Joanne - Hello

It is so nice out today, about 82 above or so. Hotter even tomorrow. I can take it, however, as I know right around the corner will be snow.

Hope you are all having a great weekend.

Candicej 09-24-2001 03:48 AM

Happy what a cute kitty!:)

Mima.......I read about the scar tissure and healing and tearing and my doc said that is why they do surgery to remove the old scar tissue so it can heal better and quicker. But I don't want surgery!:eek::mad: :( How was the movie???????

Ther nerontin make me anxious....supposed to make you sleepy! I'm taking it for anxiety and it is causeing more. Meme does this happen to you??????????????? In the beginning anyway?????

Hi Ally, Joannne and toots no sleep showering with the neurontin for me yet!