Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 07-05-2006, 07:23 PM   #16  

Hi everybody.

Mima - Fat is one of the things that is bad for me and IBS. The other is sugar, or pseudo sugars.

Joanne - soon it will be finished. I would absolutly HATE neighbors like that. However, I wouldn't do any thing, as they would probably retaliate somehow. You just don't need that. With luck, they will move!!

Candice - Nice to see you. I do hope you are getting along better and not injuring yourself!

Tammy - well it doesn't sound like a very good time on the picnic. Perhaps you need to pick a SUNNY hill I haven't read DaVinci's Code yet, although I have had it here for a very long time. I did read Angels and Demons and it was a really good mystery. Also have read his other books, which were also not bad. I WILL read DaVinci's Code one of these days.

Meme - hope you had a good time, doing whatever you decided to do.

Not much new here. I am finished working my part time job, and am now on casual. However, Casual is pretty busy. I am working just about everyday this month, anyway.

I have a pinched nerve somewhere on my left arm, and the numbness goes from the elbow down through the little finger and half of the next one. On my right arm, I am having a bout of Tennis Elbow. Hurts like heck. That is the result of the accident we had a few years back. Flares up every now and then. Wish it would all just go away!!
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 08:54 PM   #17  

Anne, I agree about a sunny hill!! Even a jacket or blanket would have been nice. I have Angels and Demons on my list of things to read. It sounds like you are staying pretty busy with your jobs. Think of the money that you are making so you can buy me something!! lol Do you think you could have carpal tunnel in your left arm? sounds alot like me. Mine was both arms, had surgery on the right one. Haven't done the left one yet.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 01:11 AM   #18  

Sounds like you all had a nice 4th ... well, everyone except Joanne. Sounds like you have crazy neighbors. You should get a barking dog or something and pay them back a little!

Rain here the last couple days and cooler ... hurting bad with all I've been doing, too.

We had a nice cookout Tues. and then it started raining. We all loaded up in our van and our friend's truck , went up to the county fairgrounds and watched the fireworks (both have handicap plates so we parked close). Couldn't have been better. The rain didn't start until our cookout was over and we were ready to leave. It was just sprinkling then. When we got there, we were able to park right in front of a building with a large overhang and only one other family was there. We all took our lawn chairs under the overhang, out of the rain which was coming down pretty good by then. We had a cooler of drinks and some blankets and sweaters ... it got really cool after it rained. We were right in front of where they shot off the fireworks, we couldn't have had a better seat if we tried. The fireworks were beautiful ... boasted to be the best in the Upper Cumberland. They spend thousands on them. Good day and evening. Went downhill from there. Daughter is moving ... helped her all day today and have to go back tomorrow. I'm about dead after entertaining Mon. and Tues. Too old and too sick for all this ... Going to bed!!!
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 07:11 AM   #19  

That will be me soon. Finished Blink-couldn't stop. But I didn't finish the scenery for VBS. She wanted me to make it larger so I did and a couple of parts aren't right. So I figured it out when I was supposed to be sleeping last night. Had to go on the couch because Brad was snoring so loud, And Debbie is coming at 8.!!!!!
I have been eating a lot of sugar!! I eat wheat free cookies and applesauce etc. I know I can't have sugar substitutes. I am going to get a feeding tube-that will simplify things.
Bye for now. Mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 01:54 PM   #20  

Meme, Tim and Jessica went to fireworks the other night and they said they had some great seats too. Makes all the difference in the world, doesn't it? Sorry things went downhill after the fireworks.

Mima, Hope you got some rest! Bob snores too, so I can relate. I need to head to the library and look for some more Dekker books.

Our church is starting a lending library, so I've been gathering books that I've read. I'm keeping some of course, but I thought someone else might be able to use some. I suggested adding Christian cd's to the library, and they said they hadn't thought of that. I'm taking some of my cd's that I never listen to for someone else to enjoy.

Hope everyone is having a good day. I just made lemon bars. Tim had a doctor's appointment so he couldn't work the lunch shift today. I made the lemon bars for the woman (owner of the place) who took his place. She also teaches with me and makes fun of my lemon bars. She tells everyone that to eat them you have to use a straw or a spoon. The first time I made them it was almost that bad. They tasted good though!! lol
Old 07-07-2006, 06:15 AM   #21  

Amazing!! I needed you guys when I sold my house-at midnight I was sitting on the steps crying because I couldn't finish cleaning it-fibro so bad. Son was not out yet. I had hired someone to clean and they did a terrible job. Luckily it's all in the past!!!
Brad is fixing the whirlpool tomorrow!!!
Young lady tried to sell me some Cutco-I showed her the ones I had, Told her I couldn't afford it. A paring tool is $25 !!!!!!!!!I didn't like that she kept asking me personal questions.
I saw baby Keith yesterday. He is gorgeous!!! Debbie was pretty good-she told the salesgirl all her ailments. But then she cut her jacket on purpose-thinking it's jealousy because I was oohing and aahing over her brother.
Going to a get together today with my co-workers from testing! I am bringing the chicken and rice. It's a gorgeous day.
Bye Mima
Old 07-07-2006, 11:53 AM   #22  

You all are scaring me with the moving stories..I will be doing it all by myself when the time comes....and do I ever ahve a lot of stuff...I save everything!!!!! My kids need homes so they can take there stuff but they are still in school so it is here.

Meme..I am sending you a small package of some non-fishy fish oil in packets..try it and see what ya think..I take it. Mailed it today.

Happy..put some of that Fibro 24 stuff on it..I put it on mine and it helped some, I also used it on my neck and back and that felt really good. They say you can spritz some in your bath water or drop a towlette in ..but I am wondering about our sensitive female parts..will it sting???????? I just got over another yeast thing....... Today was biofeedback day then ran errands..boy I hurt gotta hit the sack!
did laundry, watered, and got my eggplant lazagne(sp) ready for supper.

Joanne..crazy neighbors sound like DH's family!

Tammy.....I have often wondered aobut my tennis elbow and carpul tunnel but they tell me they think it comes from my shoulder area. If you marinade the tofu and then bake it or stir fry it it is like chicken..really, DH didn't know the difference. I love rice in any form....stir fry onion and garlic and celery then add your cold rice from the day before and toss in tofu, or cooked chicken or beef and a little maridnade and yummmy! Fresh ginger tsp.- fresh garlic tbs-lite soy 1/2 cup- and some dark peanut oil- and a tsp of honey...stir well and use as needed for flavor. Keeps well in the fridge. Great on zucchini too.

Mima..yeah on the whirlpool I will be there with bells on
Candicej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 06:24 PM   #23  

Candice ... thanks ... where did you get it? Did you order it or get it from a health food store?

You need to start cleaning out and THROWING AWAY stuff now. I wish my daughter had done that before moving time. She had her house up for sale a long time before it actually sold. If she had cleaned out her cabinets and bathroom closets, etc. before time to move it would have helped. When I went over to pack up her bathrooms Wednesday afternoon she told me to just throw away anything that had expired. I opened one closet door ... the stupid closet was the whole length of the bathroom and had four shelves all the way across and was FULL of stuff. I said outloud to an empty house, "you're dreamin' kid." I wasn't about to read all the expiration dates on all that junk. I just loaded it all up and took it over. I figured if she didn't want it SHE could throw it away!

I took today off and did nothing. Felt good but I'm still tired.
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 07:15 PM   #24  

Meme - where was your daughter? Wasn't she helping? That is a huge job, and even worse if NOBODY went through stuff and got rid of it. I am NOT anywhere near a packrack. I toss out stuff regularly. Glad you got a day to relax.

Candice - do what Meme says and start to weed through all the stuff NOW. Then, when you go to move, make the boxes for the room they belong in. It just makes life easier.

Tammy - I LOVE lemon bars and lemon loaf, and well, ANYTHING lemon Don't bake much anymore because if I do, we end up eating it and we just don't need it. Don't buy baking either.

Mima - Hmm, I wouldn't need any of that stuff either. Have lots of my own. Some new company comes along and they has parties. The Pampered Chef was one expensive one. If I need something, I just go to Walmart or one of our Canadian Dept. stores and get it. Far cheaper.

Joanne - hope those neighbors have settled down. It is terrible to be 'stuck' by these people. I hope you are feeling better.

Going out for dinner shortly with friends of ours. Then for breakfast in the morning, before they leave. I am already tired from a week of work, and hot, hot weather. You guys are used to it, I am not. I don't like it that hot. 75 degrees suits me JUST fine.

Have a nice night.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 10:40 PM   #25  

Meme, you are way too busy!! LOL to just taking all of the stuff to her without checking the expiration dates. Bob checks exp. dates. I use stuff forever. GET SOME REST!!!

Mima, woo hoo to Brad fixing the whirlpool. What time would you like us all to show up?

Candice, I am learning not to save everything like I used to do. When my parents passed away, we had such a time going through everything. I don't want to leave that job for Tim. I had some kind of test with electric shock thingies to test for the carpal tunnel. Maybe I'll try tofu sometime.

Anne, it seems like when I bake anything it is always something lemon (almost always). I know I'll be baking something for church in a couple of weeks for snacks between services, and I'm sure lemon will be involved. The lemon bars I made yesterday were Betty Crocker so it was easy. Took 1/2 to Kay, then the 3 of us split the rest with Tim getting most of that. It was in an 8X8 pan, so it wasn't huge. Hope you enjoyed dinner and breakfast with your friends.

Pampered Chef is really expensive. The way I got some of the things I bought was by having a party. I have some things saved back for my niece when she gets married, which I thought would be last summer! She and Ryan have been together 5-6 years, I think it's time. The best Pampered Chef item I have is kitchen scissors. Even my husband said that's that best thing since sliced bread. We use it all of the time. He just cut up a whole chicken the other day and that's what he used.

I have a zillion pieces of Tupperware that I've had for years. Bought most of that before Tim was born when my sister-in-law was a dealer.
Old 07-08-2006, 04:30 AM   #26  

Well gals...I have been through all my closets and attic and basement over the past 3 years...took me that long...and I boxed up stuff for my boys and the grandkids I don't have yet. I became a pack rat after I quit teaching and my health got really bad for about 10 years and stuff just accumulated and I started to buy things and keep them on hand for gifts incase I could not get to the store. This does come in handy since I do not go out much. I keep thinking I will need this some day. When we moved here we were in a much bigger house and we squeezed all of our stuff in here!!!! So many things I don't use do come in handy at some point..I just know I will be doing all this by myself and I will not beable to find anything once it is packed up and moved. I used to be so good at labeling and keeping things up. It would help if knew for sure when and where we were going, things still in the air at this point and of course I'm busy in the yard now. You all come for a week or two and get me organized!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tammy..I used to be a Tupperware dealer, really liked it too but I bought too much stuff, have whole box I have never used and dip into every now and then for gifts. I did that when I was subbing off and on.

Meme..I put the info in the package, we first got it at a local HF store and they went out of business so the last box I got on the internet. I only take it when I don't eat alot of fish or walnuts. You might not like it, DH doesn't but my son does.

Happy ...I like it around 75 too..just can't take the heat or cold anymore. DH doesn't want our cats to move with us..I hate to give them up, they are my babies. They stay in the basement..I couldn't take all the hair all over 9 I would be consumed with cleaning)and them getting into things. 4 is too many to have up here anyway..we used to just have outside cats. This way they can run and play and sleep without the daily worries of having them up here. They come up and play when DH goes to bed

I need some rest...didn't get much sleep last night after my trip out. That eggplant lasanga I made was really good..tasted like parmesan. Very easy .......
Candicej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 06:58 AM   #27  

I'm like Anne-I have moved so many times-seems so-I do not keep stuff. Still have stuff in attic from business but it's too dusty.Throw out junk mail the day it comes. Usually!Best thing is that we have a flea market at church so they get stuff!!!
You would not want to see my bathroom-it's all aprt-there is a leak he has to fix before he can put it together, Luckily, I was at the party. You should have seen the desserts-gourmet and many. She is German so there were tortes-I had a piece of apple cake and took off the almonds. But I would have liked the strawberry cheesecake or the champagne lemon peach dessert. Awesome. She baked for 2 days and used 8 lbs of sugar.
Going to try to finish scenery this morning.
Mike is leaving tomorrow to travel and I am going to see my Evan next week!!! Bye for now Mima
Old 07-08-2006, 09:05 AM   #28  

Candice, I'll come for a week or two and you can just give me gifts!! My mom used to buy things for gifts just to have on hand too. I'll start doing that in the fall, keeping things in the closet for Christmas.

Mima, we are better about getting rid of the junk mail the same day it comes since we moved. At the other house, we could move things from one room to another, but here we don't have as much room. (which was our point in moving here!) Those desserts sound great. Hope Mike has a safe trip. Glad you'll be seeing Evan soon!

Plans for today - finally get things moved in the computer room, do some dusting and sweeping, empty a couple boxes that are sitting on the porch.
Old 07-08-2006, 11:01 AM   #29  

Default Hey There

Hello Everybody- Yes,the neighbors have settled down. I see where the near neighbor to them have their house up for sale. I guess they got tired of the upset. Maybe thay just want to get something bigger.
It is in the high 80's and low 90's here.. It rained all around us yesterday. my hubby was ready to throw a brick at the weather man.. I guess we will Have to get outside and water today.
I just finished making a top and pants outfit.. I decided I better get things out of the way. I need to finish the quilt for my daughter.. I quilt everything by hand so it takes a long time to finish.
I try to walk 3-4 days a week too. I used to walk 7 days a week for a hour. I seem to lose motivation. I need to work on that.. Guess I am getting younger.. I injoy reading too much..
I don't bake much.I might eat it. I made a banana cake last week. My hubby ate the whole thing in 3 days. I had one small piece.. Now if it had been chocolate I would have been in real trouble..
I am one to pack rat.. I hate to throw away what I might use some day..Not good!
Meme- I think if I was going to help someone move,I would be sure they were there to help. You are too good..
Mima- I wish I had a hot tub..my son has one and says come use it,but, he lives 15 minutes away.
Happy.. 75 is a great temp. We have that in the spring. Sometimes when it rains. Then we get the steam..
Tammy-Junk mail goes straight to trash here too. You won't be sorry to retire. You will be busier than ever. And if you're not so what. You put in your time.. When my hubby retired he got depressed. I bought him a dog. I got all the work of keeping the dog and the house clean.
Candice- When are you moving.. Send us your lasanga recipee.Sounds good.
Better get busy. Bye for now.. Have a good weekend everybody...Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 09:14 PM   #30  

I can understand why those people would want to move away from the rowdy neighbors. That's great that you do quilting! I can remember my grandmother making quilts. I agree with you about the reading. Once I sit down and get interested in a book, every other thought goes out the window. I think I will enjoy retirment. Seems like I can always find something to do. lol