Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 05-30-2006, 11:20 PM   #61  

Thanks so much for your response. I am not really sure how this works. How many of you is there? Do I talk to everyone at one time? I guess it is like being in a group of friends...Cool!
I have been overweight my whole life but not working is making it worse. I guess I am depressed too because of all the changes that the Fibro has caused in my life. Gotta kick my own butt and make some changes for the good but that is easier said than done.
Great to talk to you all. Thanks again for welcoming me.
flash2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 11:56 PM   #62  

Hi Flash. Welcome to our group. I hope to get to know you.
Yes, we just chat. I know how hard it is to keep your chin up, when everything else is hurting. I have Osteo Arthritis and FM. My two constant companions - I really could do without them, however Try to keep a positive outlook. Stress is the real killer here for us.

Meme- Happy Birthday. 59 now, you say???

Tammy - I am going to see her this weekend and THIS time I will NOT forget my camera. You will see pictures by next week lol
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 06:51 AM   #63  

Anne said it right for all of us Flash. Stress is awful, and it definitely makes things worse. Trying to stay positive is hard with everything that happens in our lives, but that's the best thing.

Anne, hooray for baby pictures!!

I didn't make out specific lesson plans for this week, so we're just kind of winging it the last few days. The kids keep waiting to see what I'll think of next. lol Yesterday afternoon we made State of Ohio flags. I had patterns and samples, but apparently some of the kids didn't pay any attention. Oh my! A couple of girls asked if we could put them up in the hall until the last day of school. I told them to go for it. We now have an interesting display of flags. Most of them are nice.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 07:22 AM   #64  

Hi from work!!!It's hot finally. Enjoy your days at school Tammy. Flags!! Great. Hi to all. Mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 10:26 AM   #65  

Default Hey There

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEME
I hope uou have a GREAT DAY.
My stress test is over and done with. I won't get the results till the 6th June ,unless the Dr. finds something..Next is the eyes. In between is other Dr. appointments for my hubby and I. It is a steady circle..
It is really hot here now.. no rain and I am about to lose some of my plants. we pour the water to them but it is not enough..
Got to go...later...Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 09:54 PM   #66  

Mima, Hello to you at work! It's been hot and miserable at school. The fans just aren't cutting it. Glad tomorrow is the last day.

Joanne, all of your appointments sounds like me for a while. I need to make another one with the family doctor after I have some tests done, but I just keep running out of time. Wish you'd get some rain to help your plants. I already lost one of my hanging baskets. One of the girls in my class gave it to me, and it didn't look super healthy to begin with. Once it became mine at home, it didn't have a chance. No green thumb here at all.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:52 PM   #67  

Hi to flash2 and welcome. Nice to meet you. Fighting Fibro is no fun ... a support group helps a little.

Thanks for the happys gals but you're a little late ... it was a week ago last Sat. and yes ... I was 59. It's the big six-OH ... next time. Daughter had a little cookout for me at her house and son asked me if I was still 49 and holding. I said I guess ... he said was I going to finally turn 50 next year. I said I didn't think so. He yelled ... hey sis, Mom's not going for the big FIVE-0 next year ... she's gonna stay 49 another year. Daughter said WHAT are you talking about ... Mom's gonna be SIXTY next year. He was dying laughing. He's always teasing me because I don't look my age. We went out to lunch once and he had someone from his church come by our table ... he made sure he introduced me as his mom. He told me after they left he did that because he didn't want rumors getting around that he was seeing another woman. He's so funny ... but he was serious. We were at another restaurant once and a friend of his asked him if I was his sister ... I think it's cute that he's afraid to eat out with me alone!

If this weather doesn't break soon he won't have to worry about being seen out with me ... I won't be able to walk. As soon as I get up and try to move, everyone will know I'm not a young chick!!! This rain is absolutely killing me. We've been having thunder storms almost every single day but it's been hot, too. Joanne ... wish you had some of this. Hope your tests turn out ok.

Congratulations on the new baby Anne! You, too, Mima! I agree with Tammy, we want to see some pictures of these little ones. I bet Tammy will be relaxing at home now that school is out! I need to clean closets and wash windows ... notice I said NEED to! What I really need to do is go through all my STUFF and gather up everything I haven't used in the last 2 years ... have a yard sale and get rid of it and then give what's left over to Good Will. Yeah ... that's a plan. (Notice I said NEED to!)
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 10:32 AM   #68  

MEME, I sure agree with the weather hurting. I can tell the day before it rains because of the humidity. That is so wonderful that your son has to explain "the other women". My son is a male version of me so I can't do that. He is just alot taller cause I'm only 5'1". But his wife and I are the exact same size. We can borrow each others clothes and shoes. My daughter is just like her daddy. She is 22 and wears a size 3. I am really not sure where she came from..hehe.
Were are you all from. I live in Tn. and am a friend of Amy's of the 3 sisters.
This is great to have someone new to talk to.
How do you all do all the cute pictures? I'm really behind the times with the computer.
Well, better go eat.....Is that sad or what!?!? Flash2
flash2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 06:55 AM   #69  

Hi guys-glad to be home and not working til August.
The peppermint seems to be working. It's coated like aspirin,. I am so much better. I take 2 in the morming so I can have coffee.
I work in a brand new building and we freeze-lots of layers. Then outside it's in the 80's. Sometimes I just go out to warm up.
Boy am I hurting!! We have rain-sorry Joanne.
Can't wait til July so I can see Evan!!
Hi flash. Meme is in TN too.Sure is a beautiful state .Mima Happy Belated bd Meme-Joanne and I think you are a baby compared to us!!!
Old 06-02-2006, 11:45 AM   #70  

Default Hey There

Mima- I am glad the peppermint is working. I may give it a try. I am so tired of taking medication. There are always after effects.I am well aware of cold rooms. Why do they have to keep Dr. offices and other places of business so cold. I guess because the employees are required to wear more clothes. I always take a extra shirt or sweater to Tops.We meet in the Library room and it is like a meat locker.
Meme- There was a flyer in our paper today advertising land close to C00ksville and Crossville,Tennessee.5 acre wooded lots for 39,900.Is that near you?Is that like selling swamp land in Fl.? You are a baby next to me. I never thought about my age till a few weeks ago.I better get on the ball and start walking more.
Flash- I live in Fl. A mile from the Gulf of Mexico. Who is Amy of the 3 sisters?
Hello Tammy . I more appointments to keep up with for the nwxt 2 weeks. I have to write them on a list to keep up with them. No fun. I am starting to think abnout short term/long term memory.
Hello Happy,Candice...Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 03:13 PM   #71  

Joanne ... you are soooooo funny. Don't know of any swamp land near me but 39,900 for a half acre - would depend on where it is. There are some acres around here I wouldn't pay $900 for! Then again there is some very valuable land around here, too. I'd say there is some worth far more than that.

More storms today. It's supposed to clear off tonight and stay that way for two or three days ... then start again. Maybe I'll at least have a couple of days relief.

VBS tonight and tomorrow ... I have the music. It's only for ages 4-12 so maybe it won't be too bad. It's their first Bible School ... should be interesting.

I haven't heard anything from the old church or pastor in a couple of weeks. I gave hubby the church books and my key and told him to take them out there to the pastor and tell him that the registrar for the website is unlocked and he can move it anytime he wants. I basically took the site down but it's still on the old hosting service and can be moved. I told him to tell him I've given everything back and closed this chapter out and I just want to be left alone. I'm sure he is still blaming me for other people leaving his church, though. A preacher friend of ours from MI called last week and told us that this other pastor's father had been up there to visit and told him a bunch of stuff about us leaving his church and it wasn't true. He wanted to know (from us) what really happened. So I just told him ... since he had been told lies. He said he didn't think it had happened the other way ... he just couldn't see us doing that. How sad! Don't they know that they are talking to OUR friends when they say stuff like that and our friends are not believing them? How dumb can you get??? It still bothers me that they are spreading lies about me ... but what can I do about it? I've just been praying for them. I guess God will have to straighten them out. It's beyond me!
Old 06-02-2006, 05:04 PM   #72  

Flash, I live in southwestern Ohio. We are near Dayton.

Mima, glad the peppermint is working!! We also have rain. Too much over the past 24 hours. Roads and fields are flooded. Over 5 inches of rain overnight. I took the usual way to school this morning. Mistake. It took me 15 minutes longer because of all of the water covering the roads.

Joanne, I keep notes for everything anymore. I am getting so forgetful.

Meme, that is definitely sad that those people are telling lies about you! Praying for them is all you can do now. God will straighten them out as He sees fit.

School is officially finished. Now we'll see how the summer goes and if I'll be back in the fall. I have mixed emotions. I love the kids, but I just hurt so much that I know I am not doing my best.
Old 06-03-2006, 12:35 AM   #73  

Tammy ... that's exactly how I feel most of the time. I don't know how many times I have cancelled piano lessons lately because I knew I couldn't give my students what they really needed ... just hurt too darn bad to concentrate on the problem at hand (or to care what the problem was). And when I'm not hurting so bad I'm spaced out on Darvocet so I can't think! I just spent 2-1/2 hrs. standing in front of little (and not so little) kids teaching them to sing and sign songs and it about 'might-neart' killed me as my MIL says. I'm beginning to think I'm going to have to give some of this stuff up. But ... gotta make it through 3 hrs. tomorrow morning and I'm home free. Those kids had so much fun tonight ... they sang their little hearts out. Pastor's wife came and asked me tonight after VBS if I would lead them Sun. morning and let them sing before the service. No one at the new church knew I had worked with kids before ... I think they were surprised. She asked me how long I had worked with children. I rubbed my chin and said, Oh ... only for about 40 years!
Old 06-03-2006, 05:45 AM   #74  

Meme-your talents are wonderful. I have a funny problem-the people at Brad's church keep asking me to do things. And I do stuff for my church. I did say no to VBS there because Mike will be up. They have me down for Nursery in August and I volunteered to help paint scenery. I am working on Pastor's retirement at my church and the Fair-I have to collect for the Fair too. This all makes up for not doing ANYTHING in FL. Of course, I have been at work so I haven't done anything/
Peppermint didn't work yesterday-But at least I wasn't running to the bathroom-just a lot of pain. I have one observation-when I have the fibro pain I don't have as much IBS and vice versa. Go figure. It is definitely related-rheumo told. me.
Pouring today-bringing things over to church for flea markret-love to get them out of the house!!!! Then I will take a deduction because I have a floppy disc digital camere in there and will have my old laptop as soon as I can get my stuff off. They will sell those on e-bay and give money to the church. Speaking of church, we still don't know what is going to happen ith the Pastor retiring. Mima
Old 06-04-2006, 09:03 PM   #75  

Meme, that's awesome about the signing and singing! LOL about the 40 years!!!

Mima, I haven't been asked the past 2 years about VBS. They all know what kind of shape I'm in. I know they are hoping that after I'm not in school and relaxing more, maybe I'll be able to help out again with Sunday school during the year, and Bible Club on Wed. nights. Maybe I will fell more like it if I'm not teaching all day.

Today was graduation. Last night I sat and cried and cried. I dreaded today. It was great! I teared up a bit, but I was ok, and I was oh so proud of Tim. Went to a couple parties then I came home to take a nap. A really party animal.