Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2001, 11:28 PM   #1  
I will be successful

Question scoliosis

i have scoliosis (severe spine curveture) and put on a bunch of weight when i found this out, (i have a hump on my back that i was trying to hide) i can only be mobile for about 15 minutes, like walking, but when im done, i have unbelievable back pains. i am wondering if anyone is suffering from a simular problem, or can offer any advice? i am wanting to lose about 150lbs, and am having no trouble with eating different, just the exercise part. i get such bad pains that it totally ruins my motivation. if anyone can help/offer support, i would love to hear from you
Old 06-24-2001, 09:12 PM   #2  

Hi. I don't have scoliosis, but on another message board, one of the ladies does. She is unable to remain standing for any length of time. Here is a website she posted recently.

http://www.scoliosiscorrection.com/index.html

I don't know if you are interested in reading some on it, or if you have already done so.

The website that she has it

http://pub76.************/bsunshine35446 Her name is Mosken and she lives in Norway. Please come over and see us. It is a chronic pain message board. Perhaps being able to talk to her would help.

Anne
Old 06-25-2001, 11:59 AM   #3  

I have severe asthma and can't exercise and I'm stilling loosing fine. It may take you a little longer, but you will get there. On another site there was a similar question and there is a video for chair aerobics so you might want to look into some exercising that doesn't hurt you back. No one wants that!

I used to weigh 356 pounds and I now weigh 169.2 so you can see I did lose.
Old 06-25-2001, 12:13 PM   #4  

Congratulations!!!! on that great weightloss. What program did you follow, if I might ask. That is so great, and the incredible willpower to do this.

Anne
Old 06-29-2001, 10:33 AM   #5  

I am a dedicated follower of Weight Watchers. It works for me and I like that I can adapt the plan to my lifestyle. I follow the low carb option.
Closed Thread