Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 09-10-2005, 02:46 AM   #61  

Eating my head off now and having withdrawal from getting off the Prednisone. I really hate this worse than anything. Bad feeling. My stomache has hurt off and on all day and my knees feel rubbery. Thought I was going to pass out this afternoon. Low blood doesn't help any. I woke up at 6:30 and up shortly after 7 then crashed about 11 for nearly 2 hrs. Got back up and worked a couple of hrs. and crashed again for an hr. I just feel drained. I ate all afternoon ... lots of carbs & junk like mac & cheese, chips, ice cream. Hubby checked my sugar when he came home because I was so weak ... I told him it would be sky high but it was only 90 ... weird. I went out for supper and got a big steak ... need protein! I hope tomorrow is better I need to get some work done. I'm tired of feeling crappy. My sinuses have stopped bleeding and my cough is a lot better ... at least I'm not coughing every breath like I was. I only have 3 more days on the Prednisone, then maybe I can start getting back to normal.

Been griping a lot lately ... sorry about that. I'm usually more positive. I'll get over this. If not ... I'll find a way around!
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 05:24 AM   #62  

Meme-when you don't feel good, you are entitled to gripe. Finally, I had a sort of pain free day-also second day witjout med. I think it was making me sick. Doc will be back Monday. Fair Day-What beautiful stuff we have!!! And priced to sell-hope someone buys it. If I get weak, I'll go lie down in Church Hall. Up at 4:45-good night's sleep. Bye for now Mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 08:51 PM   #63  

Meme, going back to work after being sick and then trying to clean your house too? You had to be exhausted. And then your family expects you to drop everything for them. I agree about setting some boundaries. I need to do that in some areas of my life also.

Mima, I can relate to parking and taking a nap! Bob and I did that when we were coming home from vacation once. We knew we couldn't keep going, so we stopped in a little town and parked beside the library and slept. It was great!

Anne, the story about Acts 2:38 was great!!!

Weekends always go too fast. I spent quite a bit of it working on school things again. Maybe I'll get into the 4th grade groove one of these days. lol
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 06:06 AM   #64  

Well, the Fair went well-still recovering. But I made it through the day. Went to Brad's Church picnic yesterday but I was a Zombie. Suzanne came over and did her wash and we went for a walk. She met someone online and had coffee with him Sat. But he's from CT. 100% Italian. She said he was a nervous wreck. Hasn't dated in 5 years. Too funny. I have to clean up today and we have to shop=probably last big shopping before we travel. It;s going to be hot today. Have a good week tammy. Mima Hi all!!!
Old 09-12-2005, 01:43 PM   #65  

You're right about weekends going fast. I spent nearly all day Sat. working on my cousin's website. They have a utility trailer business like ours and have been wanting a website for a year but were waiting until they got the dealership on dump and enclosed trailers. Now they are ready and I'm trying to get their site up and running. Takes a lot of time and tedious work. They're sending me pictures an info. via email and I'm getting the domain set up for them and making the site ... headaches.

Speaking of headaches ... had a bad one all day yesterday. Don't know what that was about. I've upped the topamax to 40 2X a day and soon to be 50 ... they had stopped and I was hoping that was the end of them. I sure hope my migraines are not coming back!!!

I started a women's trio at church and we sang for the first time yesterday morning. We only had the one song ... they liked us so well they made us sing it again last night! (Either that or they thought we needed more practice!) I took the other 2 women a CD with another song to learn on it last night and told them they had better start practicing ... got a feeling we'll be singing a lot! I ordered us 2 more CDs last night off the internet with several songs ... one has Christmas songs. We don't have another trio at church. One of the women gets so nervous she nearly passes out ... I just think that's so funny because I've been singing in front of people nearly all my life. Not in church ... didn't start singing in church until I was 19. I now have about 40 solos memorized that hubby has put the accompaniment tracks on CD for me. I sing quite a bit. My daddy used to call that 'canned music' he hated it. He liked for me to play for myself when I sang.

I nearly passed out again yesterday, too, but not from fright. Don't know if it was low blood or the heat but we went to Sears after church and when we came out I got sick to my stomach and dizzy and felt weak. Hubby stopped at a station and got me some water. I thought I was a gonner. The van was really hot ... could have been the heat ... I think my blood has dropped some more, too. But ... I had just eaten another steak. I've been trying to eat a lot of protein. It's so hot and dry here. We could use some rain and cool weather. The grass breaks under your feet.

Joanne ... don't know abut you but with me IBS is funny. I don't ever know WHAT is going to set it off. I can eat salad, for example, every night for 2 or 3 weeks and then, all of a sudden, eating a salad will just kill me. Or sweets ... they won't bother me for a while but then eat a rich dessert, there you go ... and go and go and go ... What's with that???

I gotta go talk to our missing link and get her back in here somehow ... got problems (don't ask). Tell you what ... my email address is [email protected] If I don't already have your email address, email me and send it to me so I can try and figure something out. Thanks
Old 09-12-2005, 08:44 PM   #66  

Mima, glad that the fair went well. I agree about it being hot. I had recess duty!

Meme, good luck getting the website up and running. I can't do anything like that, and I'm always amazed by people who can. I also get nervous being in front of people! When I had to give my Talk on the Emmaus weekend, I was shaking like a leaf until I stepped behind the podium. That's when God took over for me.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 06:51 AM   #67  

Good morning-doc called with results of blood tests-My thyroid is not low-I guess I didn't need extra-was starting to feel shaky. I have an infection so he is going to call in Amoxicillin again. It worked once before. And my sugar was 140. I had eaten 2 pieces of bread at lunch. I have to get better before I leave. Hot today-massage!!! Yeah. Mima
Old 09-13-2005, 11:34 AM   #68  

Default Hey There

Tammy- I hope you are getting used to the change of grades. My daughter is getting things under control in a timely manner. She should have those 1st graders whipped into shape real soon.
Mima- When did you say you were heading back to Florida? You should try to come to Tarpon Springs this year. I would love to show you around.
Mema- You are the busy one for sure. I bet if you had free time you would still find something to fill up the time..Take care of yourself.
Happy. We are getting into to low 90's and high 80's here. Still hot.. I walked 2 days and then the old oa said hello in my feet/ankles. I can usually walk through the pain in my back and legs but not there.My brother says this is the "Golden Years". I see a lot of rust setting in. Got to keep moving though.
Hello Candice..How are you? Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 06:02 AM   #69  

Good morning-I forgot to comment on your prednisone withdrawal, Meme-that's waht it does. I think the small dise I take is causing problems-bleeding, blood sugar!! I went for a massage yesterday and she sure found sore spots. Then we did the BIG Shopping.Probably last one before we leave in middle of October. I would love to come to Tarpon Springs Joanne. I should have plent of time. I heard it was a beautiful Place. My cousin's 2 daughters had their baby girls one day apart. One lives with her. I thought I would make a casserole and a pie and bring them over. Actually it's a 50 minute ride. They also have a 2 year old grandson who is having a real hard time. Better her than me except she teaches full time!!!!!!!!!! tehn they all are going to move into this huge house near the other daughter. they will be ready. Bye for now Mima
Old 09-14-2005, 12:19 PM   #70  

Looks like we need a new thread. I'll go start one. SO ...

DON'T POST HERE