Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 05-19-2005, 05:12 PM   #31  

Oh Meme, what a little sweetheart she is. I like that name you picked for her. Who wouldn't love her.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 05:56 AM   #32  

Good name meme-Happy Birthday and I am so glad about your foot!!!!Ankle I mean. We got out a day early so went back to hotel and got my stuff-except for the phone charger!! and came home. I don't transition well when I get home because Brad is so messy!!! I can't change him and I am tired when I get home so I should just bite my tongue!! He has a drs appt today because something was elevated in his urine sample-never a dull moment. I am thinking it might be prostate. Least we are in MA. I would NOT want to live in FL in the summer but my son doesn't mind. Everything has air so you only have to go out when you get in your car.
We are in a new building at work , with picture windows that go all around the room with a view of the rolling hills and mountains. That area of MA is so gorgeous. Man, did I get compliments from my friends.They were glad to see me.And vice-versa. Always something to do or talk about!! But I ate dessert. And the IBS is not good. 3 days off. We are going to a Southern Gospel concert tomorrow night. Pray for Brad please. Mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 07:26 PM   #33  

Default Hey There

HAPPY BIRTHDAYHAPPY BIRTHDAY Meme= I can never get this right!!!So I guess I did it twice!!
What a cute puppy!!!I want one .Mess and all...
Happy. I hope you are feeling better.. I still have a cough. Now my hubby is getting it..He has been coughing all day.. Neither one of us will sleep tonight..
If we get rain I will probably run outside and do a rain dance!!
Hello Mima- Warm weather is something you have to get used to..I guess.. I can take it but rather not... I have lived here all my life..
Tammy - Just a few more days..
Bye Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 06:34 AM   #34  

Good morning-I was so tired all day yesterday-why do I work? I will go back tomorrow night for 2 days and then have 7 off and work 4 more, Next time, I definitely won't work that many days!!! We will be going to a conference in the middle of it. Brad went to doctor-he has to take a new med because the diabetes is putting stress on his kidneys. As he was going out the door, he remebered what was elevated and I looked it up. I am going to lunch at a Tea Room-taking 2 girlfriends for their Birthdays, It was supposed to be an awful weekend, but now it's not, weatherwise, that is. Going to a concert tonight-Jacob Brothers. At our new church. Bye for now Mima
Old 05-22-2005, 04:32 PM   #35  

OK. I just typed a short message. Hadn't even finished it. Now it is gone. Don't you wonder where they end up???

Joanne, I wrote that I had just told Bob that I need to be walking with him again. He walks faster than me, but if we are at the track, we get to say hello when he passes me! lol With the school situation, I am more upset at the way they did things than I am with switching to 4th grade. I get along with the other 4th grade teachers so it will be fine. Parents in the community are NOT happy with the shake-up. I'll be spending my summer reading and learning about 4th grade!! Take a picture of your rain dance. I'd like to see it.

Mema, Nika is adorable!!!! It makes you just want to reach out and cuddle her. I won't say that outloud since Kramer is laying on the floor beside me. He'd get jealous.

Mima, hope things are going Ok with Brad. He will be in our prayers. How was the concert?

Bob and I went to Wal Mart today and picked up boxes. He had told the guy in the meat dept. to save some. I think I have 25-30 broken down boxes in the back of the van. I figure the school can provide the duct tape to put them back together since they are the ones who are making us change classrooms.

9 days of school. Actually, 2 years and 9 days. But who's counting!!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 08:15 PM   #36  

I'm ok .....surgery went fine but I am still not able to eat alot and very very sore..even hurts to breathe and I can't even lay down do to the pain..been using the recliner........gotta go rest...........I knew the Fibro would make the pain worse but didn't think it would be like this!
Candicej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 09:18 PM   #37  

Candice, take care of yourself. The more that you move, the less the pain will be. Sounds crazy, but it worked for me. I know the Fibro does make it worse though.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:01 AM   #38  

Default Hey There

Candice- Tammy is right..The more you move the better. Walk around in your house every once in a while. It helps the pain ..
I am almost over my cold. My hubby has it now.. The Dr. put him on antibiotics . Now he has a good reason to complain..
I am going to get back to the T/M more now.. It is really hot now.. I will take some days to walk to the beach though. I hate being cooped up..Walking is one of the best exercises. I have decided that the water at the spa is just too cold.. I had cramps in my legs and toes the last time I was there. I don't want to shiver when I am doing exercise.I wish I had a pool!
Hello everybody...Joanne
Old 05-24-2005, 01:31 PM   #39  

Glad you are feeling better Joanne. Stay away from your hubby so you don't get it back!!

Cramps are not good when you are exercising! Be careful.
Old 05-24-2005, 02:17 PM   #40  

Praying for you Candice!!!

Nika is keeping me busy. She is using her paper a lot ... but also having a few accidents along the way. She's just too cute! Everybody adores her. I took her to church with me Sun. night. We only meet for about an hour so I left her in the van in the shade with the windows down ... I have a soft sided carrier for her. Almost everyone at church has a longing for a puppy now! Hubby is not too fond of small inside dogs but this one has him ... hook, line and sinker! Of course, the 4 grandkids want to just STAY here now. They all came over Sat. to see Nika and didn't want to leave. We're going to AL this weekend and they are fighting over who is going to get to keep her! I told them I'm going to just take her with me. I have 4 families who want her this weekend. No shortage of 'puppy-sitters'.

I know you'll be glad when school is over Tammy and I'm glad your happy at home, Mima. (even if you are having to work some) Hope you're feeling better Joanne. It's hot here, too. And people are coming and standing around in my driveway looking at trailers. I sold 3 yesterday. I don't mind when they buy but I sure do hate it when they just want to TALK!

Anne ... don't they have another yogurt drink you can do instead of the Nourishe? Have you lost any weight yet? I have a friend at church who is doing that and she told me Sunday that she's lost 12 pounds. She stopped losing week before last and I told her she wasn't eating enough. She looked at me like I was crazy. I told her to eat a little more for about 3 days and then go back to what she was doing ... she did and she dropped 5 more pounds. I'm staying the same ... I'll gain a couple of pounds and then it'll drop back off in a week or so. Then I'll get hungry again and back it comes. I'm ok with that as long as it's just the same couple of pounds.
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 06:11 AM   #41  

Good morning-home again, home again, jiggedy jig-for 6 days and it's supposed to rain all of them, IBS acting up-that's why it's hard to work. I guess I should go on a liquid diet. Without milk in it, Candice-glad your surgery is over!!! Each day will be easier. Guys-can I trade this HORRIBLE weather for the heat. Both ways, you have to stay inside!!! Brad's favorite restaurant in Ft Myers burned down-hope they have it rebuilt before we go back!! Going to a meeting at church for our Fair-I nixxed the choir-good thing because I spent time in the bathroom. I have to be careful I don't do too much!! Brad is good-he just has to take a med so his kidneys won't be stressed. Bye for now Mima
Old 05-25-2005, 02:06 PM   #42  

Meme, I have to watch what I eat, as far as sugar content - or the yeast problems becomes terrible to manage. They have YOP by Yoplait, but it has lots of sugar in it. I think Boost does too. It all has over 300 calories, so what is the difference if you eat 300 calories worth of food or drink a drink?? Food is better for you. I don't know - I will have to think about it.

I will bet you have no problems getting a puppy sitter

Joanne - You aren't working hard enough in the pool if you are cold Our pool is only around 80 degrees and if you stop moving you do get cold. The worst part for me is getting INTO that pool, after that I am fine. Walking is good.

Candice - hope you are feeling better. Takes a little time to get feeling better after any surgery.

Mima - gosh, that IBS has got a hold on you. Mine is so much better. Once in awhile it gets going, but mostly it is manageable. It does hinder ones life, that is for sure.

Well, I went and had some acupressure massage and boy did that help the glutismaximus muscles. They are feeling soooo much better. Then, I went to the Chiro, because after getting them relaxed, my spine moved. You just can't darn well win. Anyway, today, I am feeling a little stiff and sore, and if it is NOT better by tomorrow, may have to go back.

Hope you all have a good day.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 07:17 PM   #43  

Default Hey There

Happy- I get cold really easy.. I also have thin blood. I have lived in the south all my life. People who live in cold countries have thicker blood. I see a lot of ladies and gents down here swiming in the Gulf in the winter months,who are just here for a season. We who live here year round would never go in the Gulf during the winter months.The water is just too cold..I need warmer water..
I have to agree, 300 cal. is the same no matter how you get them.. What works for some though doesn't work for others. I need more solid foods. It may be just in my mind ,but, a drink is not the same as food to me.I can get by on just a small cup of yogurt for a lunch.. Then I am really wanting food at dinner..
Mima- Come on down and share the heat!!! It is getting into the 90's now.. The coast areas of central Fl. isn't getting rain. My yard is drying up. My hubby doesn't want to turn on the sprinklers. He keeps saying it is going to rain. I say go outside and wait for it.
Meme- My cold is better. Now my stomach is hurting. I feel like I have a ulcer.. I am keeping maalox in business. I take Prilosec but it isn't doing the job. I guess I took so much cold med. That triggered something..It is always something...I too keep gaining and losing the same 2 lbs.. I may have to get down to business with a closer eye..I am bound to creep up. I stay right on the edge all the time..
Hello Tammy, Candice..Joanne
Old 05-26-2005, 06:05 AM   #44  

If you have an ulcer-Prevacid is the one to take but it's by prescript. I had stomache pain all day yesterday but I think I am better. It's still raining!!!!!!! At least we are not on the coast. We have to get to the cenmeteries in between the raindrops! Hey Candice, how are you doing? Better I hope.
Went to a Church Fair meeting last night-the couple in charge are dynamos-we are so fortunate. I will do my part but I don't feel motivated yet. Gotta get this work thing over. And not work so much again!! I get too tired and my stomache acts up and I don't need the money. How's that!! I'm not sure I would go to the chiro and have massage on the same day, Anne. Massage-Gotta make an appt. Thanks for reminding me. Well, Carrie is the Idol but I was so happy to see Vonzell perform. It was a good show!! Bye for now Mima
Old 05-26-2005, 10:48 AM   #45  

WORK!!! Gotta do that!!! Too much to do today. Gotta do all my laundry, clean my nasty house, take the puppy to the vet and my business taxes are due so I have to enter the last month (or two???) in the books and then fill out the papers to file. Tonight I'll have to do my hair and pack for AL (we're leaving at 3 tomorrow and I'll have Garrett and Kaylyn from 10 to 3.) We have 3 people coming to pick up trailers this afternoon so I'll have the paper work on those to do plus I have to start teaching at 4.

Ain't Life Grand?
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote