3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Dieting with Obstacles (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dieting-obstacles-14/)
-   -   dieting with diabetes #3 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dieting-obstacles/48136-dieting-diabetes-3-a.html)

akrosey49 11-14-2004 04:00 PM

Hi everyone..i have been trying to post for days and keep loosing them :?: congrats to all loosers..and welcome to all lukers :lol: i do that too..we have had more snow trouble but finally got the snowblower repaired so we could clean up the 4 ft mess on my steps..i finally got out of the house yesterday 1st time all week..now its warmed up and raining :?: and very icy out.. i didnt get to curves all week cuz of weather..i felt like a kid on a snow hoiliday but i know i will pay for the absence tomorrow when i go back..are you all thinking of thanksgiving and what you are cooking??we have a crowd here but i only cook the bird stuffing and gravy.. every one else brings the rest..do you plan for diebetic foods or do you take holidays as eat what i want day??...i do both..it does take some planning but worth it..so what do all of you do?? hope you are all having a great weekend ((((((((hugs))))))) rosey :wave:

2round 11-14-2004 06:55 PM

Rosey glad you got through. We have missed your energy. As far as Thanksgiving, this yaer I'm kind of left to what ever the family will be fixing. This outage will take me right up to the holiday and cooking will be out of the question. My main goal is to make wise choices, and watch portion sizes. I will allow for 1 sweet item, after all it's the holidays.

Donna I'm glad to hear that things are getting back to normal for your family. You are right about the having to think about food all the time. It's enough to make you crazy. But you've done well so far you can get back in the groove.

I'm hoping everyone is doing well and keep those readings down. Till later.
Deb

2round 11-15-2004 07:49 PM

Well I went to the doctor today. Bad news, I've got tendonites in my right hand, and am doing this all 1 handed. I've been wrapped till the end of the week.
GOOD NEWS I'm down a total of 11 pounds. So I made my Thanksgiving goal.
Write more later.
Deb

sapphire9 11-15-2004 08:50 PM

HI, good to hear from everyone. Pat - it must be hard to go from parttime to fulltime work. You might want to try having just one meal OP, whichever one is the easiest. Donna, you've been through a lot but seem to be doing well to have stayed on SB for a week! Don't let TOM talk you into carb loading. :cb: 6.5 lbs! Rosey - snowbound -- I hope you get out to Curves -- you're doing so well. I'm going to a restaurant on Thanksgiving so will have built-in portion control and no seconds. :lol: I'm going to enjoy myself. Deb -- great news about the 11 lbs. :cp: :dancer: :balloons: I knew you were getting somewhere! I hope the tendonitis goes away soon. It's a b----h. I have chronic tendonitis in my right shoulder and left achilles, which makes it very hard to exercise. :( O, by the way, I, too have met the Thanksgiving challenge - another 6 lbs gone. Yippee!.

Stepping Out 11-16-2004 01:15 PM

Hi everyone

Sorry I've been away for a while :^: I'm still making progress on my weight. I don't know if I've lost the 10 pounds for the Thanksgiving challenge, but I'm close :) . I STILL haven't done the GTT-stuff happens. :p I have to admit that I'm giving myself reasons why I shouldn't (my weight loss is progressing, I feel o.k., etc.) . I AM watching my carbs & portion sizes, trying to eat more vegetables, etc. Right now, I'm dealing with a lot of health/personal problems :( . I know a lot of you are going through the same things

Deb: I hope your tendonitis clears up soon :)

AKA Rosey: 4 feet of snow-YUCK :p ! I hope it clears up so you can get back to Curves-keep up the good work!

Rosetta & everyone who's met the Thanksgiving challenge: :dancer: :cb: :cheer: WTG!

2round 11-16-2004 07:34 PM

WTG rosetta :bravo: please excuse punchuation 1 hand ya know. our girls have done well the last 2 months.

rosey don't let those excuses creep up on you. your doing great. :) do that dance around the house thing if you can't get out. at least you'll be moving.

homebound you hang tough if your close there's still time. and your in a better place than you started. that's great considering your challanges with excerize.

i'm really proud of us all. we've done really well and overcome some real hardships. it just proves we can do this if we help eachother. this is getting a little long with 1 hand so i'll check in tomorrow.
love ya all
deb

sapphire9 11-16-2004 08:59 PM

Joanne - Glad you're back. We missed you. Sounds like you're doing well even with all your problems. Hope those resolve soon. :grouphug: Pretty good with one hand. Do you play the piano? :lol: Hope that tendonitis goes away before the holidays. Whaddya think about an xmas challenge to keep us motivated? Say 5 lbs?

sapphire9 11-16-2004 09:01 PM

Oops - that part of the post after the hug is for Deb. :dizzy:

paperdoll 11-17-2004 01:59 PM

greetings

well things are slowing down back to my old schedual at work. i am busy making fleece blankets. they are just a fun thing to do and so easy. i think i am back on program drank all my water yesterday and a good start today. sounds like everyone is going great guns on the challenge.
donna you are doing great over 6 lbs.
deb 11 lbs. fantastic. hope that tendonitis heals quickly that must be painful.
rossetta you are doing great too met the challenge, thankgivivg out sounds good i am going to my sister's. that helps with leftovers/
joanne you are doing well also keep trucking.
rosy good job and snow!!we still don't have any.50 out today.
old writer hi
pat

2round 11-17-2004 07:16 PM

it's me ole southpaw. rosetta your on for the next 5. we can get that for sure.

pat glad youre schedule is back to normal. i'm hoping mine will be next week. we're having problems getting this plant off the ground. so i'm not eating the thanksgiving bird just yet. but boy we are going to have a great christmas. and the blankets sound like a nice craft for the holiday.

rosey hope your pc is working, if so don't be a lurker.

donna i'm looking for you too. hope your ok.

well we're really busy tonight. hugs for all.
deb

sapphire9 11-17-2004 08:31 PM

:wave: Hi, y'all. Pat - sounds like you're having fun? Are the blankets for xmas gifts? Deb - do you mean you may have to work on Thanksgiving??? Bummer. I'm hungry so I'm off to eat my apple for the day. Toodles.

stephanielsat 11-17-2004 08:41 PM

hi everyone. i am new to this site. i am so glad i found you all. i am type one diabetic of 21 years. i am 25 years old, so i have had diabetes most of my life. i am currently 145 pounds, and trying to hit 120-125 pounds. it is soooo hard. i run, but as most of us, i have to eat to replenish low boodsugARS. sometimes all i can do is cry from the frustration. i am really tired alot, i use an unsulin pump, and try to run as often as i can, which is usually 3 times a week. not enough. does anyone else suffer from teh high bloodsugars after working out? and the lows during? its like a battle i dont know if i can win. but i am really glad i see i am not alone. god bless you all. and thank you for having me

stephanielsat 11-17-2004 08:45 PM

oh i also need to add, i lost about 20 pounds two years ago, but i go back and forward between 143-146. i dont know what i am doing wrong. i dont over eat, i dont think, but i know i eat more due to low bloodsugars. i take more insulin due to high bloodsugars...it's so tiring

akrosey49 11-17-2004 10:39 PM

Hi everyone...i did get back to curves :cp: i went monday and also today..i got compliments today..someone noticed my progress.. thats was fun..makes me more inspired..congrats to all of us for doing a good job and supporting each other..we got the snow removed then it rained and melted and last nite and today you guessed it more snow..typical alaskan winter :lol: am so proud of all us loosers :lol: i know ive lost just not sure how much.. i am working on panoramic x-mas ornaments.. you make all the scenes with sculpey baking clay.. bake them and then put wet clay in clear glass ornaments and put the tiny items thru the top.. and arrange them..sorta like building a ship in a bottle..they are alaskan themed and yesterday iwas making moose as small as 1/4 of an inch..time consumming but fun..as all have to fit thru that little hole..i sell them locally..those fleece blankets sound fun.. are they the ones that you fringe and tie?? as i have made those..its neat to exchange ideas and im up for any challenge..yay for all of us..((((((((hugs)))))))) rosey

akrosey49 11-17-2004 10:44 PM

Hi a quick ps ..welcome stephaniesat we must have been posting at the same time..didnt want you to think i ignored you.. we are a great support group..im diebetic type 2 but my dad was a type one.. am sorry you are frustrated..i know it seems like all we focus on is food when all we want is to weigh less :?: hang in there..rosey