3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Dieting with Obstacles (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dieting-obstacles-14/)
-   -   dieting with diabetes #3 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dieting-obstacles/48136-dieting-diabetes-3-a.html)

2round 10-19-2004 10:16 PM

dieting with diabetes #3

Well night #2 and I'm still tring to get the sleep cycle turn around. But feeling surprisingly good. I'm starting to feel like I have a bit more energy. That's going to be a real plus working this outage. I haven't jumped on the scale in 2 weeks, so not really sure what it will show. Right now I'm trying to concentrate more on the way I'm feeling. And how the cloths may be fitting.
I've always found in the past that the scale seemed to be my down fall. I'd obcess over the number and not how I was feeling. So I'll wait awhile before I take that step. :dizzy:
How is everyone doing with the challange. Any new results, or new tricks. Thanksgiving is right around the corner. So lets hear those sucess storys.
hope everyone is doing well.
deb ;)

sapphire9 10-20-2004 03:29 PM

Hi, Deb - Looks like we're alone for the moment. Great work on stayinng OP. :cb: I think you're smart not to let the scale be your measurement right now. I'm still having trouble getting on the wagon. I do alright during the day but then I blow it at night. Last night was especially bad and I ended up getting a bag of grease from Micky D's. Feel lousy today. That should teach me. :rollpin: Take Care.

2round 10-20-2004 07:36 PM

Rosetta don't give in, remember to just keep trying. I had a little slip my self today. This schedule is starting to take it's toll. When you first get started your body dosn't know when to eat or sleep. This morning I woke up around 11:00 and was starving, but still sleepy. So I went to the kitchen, fixed myself a PBJ ate it and went back to sleep. I'm really kicking myself right now. But I'm just going to try to move on and not dwell on it. :(
Hope everyone will not have any trouble following us over :?:
Mean while you hang in there, I'll be thinking about you tonight and sending good vibes your way.
Deb :D

DonnaD 10-21-2004 12:11 AM

Hi All,
I know I haven't been around for awhile, but after getting my blood test results my doctor said I really needed to get off atkins. My body like my mothers did, produces sooo much cholesterol and my shot thru the roof from bad to OMG! So I'm back to WW. I joined last thurs. A friend of mine at work joined tues and I went to get weighed after only 5 days (and I wasn't very good on the weekend at all) and I lost 1.4lbs. I feel like that no carb stress is off me, but I do still try to avoid the whites (potatoes, rice, flour etc..) but I still haven't licked it. But believe it or not, even with carbs back in, the numbers are starting to inch down a little. I'm also trying to exercise at least 4 mornings a week to start. My husband bought me a gazelle ultra. I've only used it once but it's pretty cool. I can watch the early morning news without blasting the tv because it's so quite(the :tread: makes so much noise) I could only do 20 minutes but it's a start.

Deb, how are you feeling since starting the diabetic atkins? And how's work?
I know you work some killer hours.

Pat, I'm trying to remember the last thread, but I think you went off lipitor. What happened? They just started me again. I was on it before and went off because of shoulder and arm pain, but the doctor said to give it a chance again as the benefits outweigh those side effects which usually ease up some, so we'll see. Are you on something else with better results. (and I wonder if it's in my head, it's only been 4 days and I swear my shoulders and arms hurt already)

Rosey, sounds like your doing great. WW is a great program. I'm not counting carbs though. Still having trouble sticking to points. I blow it at night during dinner. If I didn't have to cook I probably wouldn't eat, but once I make it, I eat it, even the stuff I shouldn't have. It's been a little worse lately. My cycle is all screwed up. Think it's peri-menapause(sp?) aaahhhh :eek:

Well, I know I've missed some posts, and responses. I will try to jump back in. I still think this is a great group here. Welcome to the newbies.

ttyl

paperdoll 10-21-2004 03:35 PM

hi all

been trying to be good but so many temptations and dh keeps tempting me. how is everybody else doing?
deb understand you nights dh works nites and it is hard with everybody else working days.
rosetta hang in there nights are bad for me too.
donna i fell so much better off lipitor, he gave me something else but that was the same and i haven't called back. don't know what my cholesterol is doing. find out in dec.
hi to the rest of you. pat

akrosey49 10-21-2004 03:36 PM

Hi everyone.. i am back.. we were out of town for a dr apt for dh..why are we always changing the post ?? my last group we had posts numbering in the thousands before we started a new one..just wondered??seems everyone doing well.. i had a few oops whiles out of town(a pece of pie won :?: ) but am back at it today..meadow asked about counting carbs and ww..i avoid high carb foods when i can..white flour etc..use whole wheat products and lo-carb products.. and count my ww pts but for the carb food items i also write down the carbs..like locarb bread..2 ww pts.. 6 crbs per peice..when i reach my pts allowed for the day i stop.. also with the carbs.. you need a carb counting book..it helps..i like the frredom of choice with the ww etc..ive noticed i have more energy.. my sugars are great.. and im moving better..im not trying to focus on the numbers altho they are impt..i just want to feel better.. dont know if ive lost as didnt know where i was when i started.. the curves scale didnt go that high and boy was i embarassed :?: i got to see my grandkids while we were gone.. i love those hugs..donna sry about the collesteral thing..i take zocor and dont have any side affects from it except my numbers went from 236 down to 168..my dr was very happy with me..hope all have agreat day drink your water((((hugs))))))))) rosey :wave:

2round 10-22-2004 07:44 PM

Hey gang :tired: Still hanging in there but man am I beat. The good news is tonight will be the last in a week and then a get 1 whole night off. :lol: Thank goodness this is only going to last a couple of more weeks. WE hope :crossed: I'm still watching the carbs but have to admit its harder with this goofy schedule. Any tips on how to make it easier would be great. And also how not to become bored with the whole thing. I'm starting to crave something different. I'm hoping this will not be the undoing of me :(
Rosey aren't we glad one piece of pie won't win the war. I know all to well sometimes they just call out to you and you can't resist.
Pat hope your feeling better and the cholesterol is doing ok. Try watching you fatty foods that should help.
Donna keep us posted on how the WW is working I may need a switch.
Well everyone have a good night.
Deb

sapphire9 10-25-2004 09:04 PM

Hi all. Took some time off to clear my head. Helped a little but I'm still struggling. Hopefully, this week will be better. My biggest problem is at night so I've decided that I'm going to eat low cal earlier in the day (lots of little meals) and then have slim fast at night and see if that keeps me away from temptation. I don't like to cook just for myself so I tend to get takeout meals so opening a can is much easier. :rofl:

Donna - good luck with WW. That may be good for you longterm with some modifications for diabetes. I take Lipitor and have no side effects. I took Zocor before that with no problem. I switched because my ins. stopped covering Zocor. How's that Gazelle? Is it as easy to use as it looks on tv?

Rosey: Forget the pie. Just get back on the wagon and keep going to Curves. I think you're already feeling the positive results. How're those crafts going?

Deb: Maybe it's time to weigh yourself to see how the program is going. It's a risk but if you've lost weight then you may be motivated to stay on lo-carb for awhile longer. Have you tried making up a bunch of little snacks to take to work? Cut up veggies, a little piece of laughing cow low calorie cheese, pieces of fruit, etc. Hang in there.

2round 10-25-2004 10:45 PM

Hey everyone, I know I've been MIA for a couple of days. Had a day off and was helping hubby paint the house. Then it's been back to work and the hecktic schedule. Hopefully this is only going to last another couple of weeks.

Rosetta by the time I get home the only thing I want to get on these days is the bed. But I did notice that my shirts seem to have a little more room in them. And it felt good. So I'm still pluging along, and not feeling like I'm craving the carbs as much anymore. But I do miss my rice. That's one thing we're big on in Louisianna. But oh well.

Hope everyone is still with us. I really like hearing from all you gals.
have a great one
deb

2round 10-29-2004 07:46 PM

Well here I am. Been looking at the post for days. And nothing. Has our little group fallen apart. :cry:
DEB

sapphire9 10-29-2004 08:38 PM

:) Hi Deb. I've been reading but just haven't felt like posting. :shrug: The others will come back eventually -- or new ones will join. Saw the doc yesterday and weighed in. As bad as I thought. Time to get serious. How are you doing? If your clothes are getting loose that's a good sign. Keep it up. I'm not a rice eater but I have a hard time giving up bread, especially sandwiches. And bagels - our office has bagels & cream cheese every Friday and I'm having a hard time ignoring them. Sort of sets me up for the weekend. Are you celebrating Halloween? I'm not looking forward to Monday because people usually bring in their leftover candy and I'm a fool for bite size Snickers, etc. Well, I'm going to pass that up this year. :p I hope you get some rest this weekend and don't have to do more housepainting. TTYL :cool:

akrosey49 10-30-2004 04:30 PM

Hi everyone.. am so sorry i have not posted.. i have been so busy..trying to get my greeting card order done thats 300 cards that were ordered and i finally finished it yayyyyyyyyy.. and the curves every other day.. babysitting the grdd and then a retired husband under foot :lol: its a wonder i remember my name oh yah its rosey :lol: anyways diet going fine starting to feel like curves is really helping im moving easier and better and have more energy..am not going to worry about the numbers for now..just glad i feel great..have a happy haloween every one buy the candy you dont like for the tricksters then you wont be tempted :?: :) :p ((((((((hugs))))))))) rosey :wave:

Stepping Out 10-30-2004 05:53 PM

Hello Ladies

Sorry I've been AWOL for awhile. Haven't been feeling that great lately :dz:
I saw a new doctor this past week, and I'm going for a 2 hr GTT sometime next week to determine if I'm a type 2 diabetic. My sugar has been borderline for some time, but I've never had the test. :crossed: I hope it comes back o.k.-I've got enough health probs already! :dizzy:

Hope you're all doing well. This is a hard season of the year to be watching what we eat, but we're ALL WORTH IT! :eating2: :yes:

Have a great weekend!

paperdoll 10-31-2004 07:51 PM

i am still here. feeling much better, now i have the energy to do some other things so may not be here as much till i catch up. food is so so. i think i have lost 5 lbs, happy halloween! pat

2round 10-31-2004 09:27 PM

WOW I thought everyone fell off the face of the earth. Glad to hear from everyone. Tonight I've got one heck of a pounding headache. But trying to work through it. Eating has been ok. But I'm just not really hungry much on this screwed up shift.

Pat 5 pounds is great. You know every pound counts with our numbers and thats half way to the challange. :bravo:

Homebound don't let the GTT get you down if it comes back positive. We are here and have all been through the same thing. you've got lots of support here. :crossed:

Rosey I wish I had your energy. At the rate you move you should weigh 97 lbs. :lol: Keep up the work at curves, if its getting easier then you're doing something right. :strong:

Rosetta I'm still painting on that dang house. Don't let yourself stay in the dumps. Try bringing something else to have with everyone on Friday in place of the bagles. Low cal meat and cheese wraps are good, and you would be surprized they make a great breakfast. You can even make them with a lite cream cheese and that way you'd still have half of your bagle combo. And you wouldn't have to cook a thing. I'm thinking of ya. :flow2:
Deb