Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 07-18-2017, 01:55 AM   #1  

Default Hypothyroidism Without Options

i've had hypothyroidism for about a year now and everything i try always fails. i almost can't stand it anymore, i can't take showers without bursting into tears for half an hour. i do everything i can, but since i'm only 17 most aspects of my life are out of my control. i can't drive to a gym, buy my own food, i don't know what to do. they doctors all say my levels are normal but nothing helps. i don't fully know what i'm asking for, but thank you to anyone who took time to read about me. love to all.
younganddone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 08:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by younganddone View Post
i've had hypothyroidism for about a year now and everything i try always fails. i almost can't stand it anymore, i can't take showers without bursting into tears for half an hour. i do everything i can, but since i'm only 17 most aspects of my life are out of my control. i can't drive to a gym, buy my own food, i don't know what to do. they doctors all say my levels are normal but nothing helps. i don't fully know what i'm asking for, but thank you to anyone who took time to read about me. love to all.
Hi there

I too have Hypothyroidism (autoimmune thyroiditis, also known as Hashimotos.) -- I understand what you're going through. I have a couple of other autoimmune disorders as well, and I do not *feel* well (despite my doctors saying labs are fine.)

I am about to start doing the Elimination Diet (similar to Autoimmune Paleo) in attempts to reset my body and see if I have unknown dietary triggers.

It's not an easy road, I've had autoimmune thyroiditis for 10 years now.

You are not alone
JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 10:45 PM   #3  

Find a holistic doctor.
Mrs. Fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 11:09 AM   #4  

Default Take a Free T3 and Free T4 test

Start with reading the site “Stop the Thyroid Madness” and see if you can pick up the book at the library. Get the doctor to do the Free T3 and Free T4 test and learn how to read the results (most doctors prescribe based on the useless TSH test). You didn’t say what your Doctor put you on for your thyroid, if anything but you may need something with T3 in it. And for diet, you may want to try an elimination diet like Clean but for many thyroid patients the answer is eliminate gluten. You need to figure it out for you though. Good luck.
Slimmersixty is offline   Reply With Quote