Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 10-16-2014, 09:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4 with Cuban curves!

Default Unusual Spotting during cycle?

This is a bit personal, but I was wondering if anyone here can shed some light on what's going on here. I called my gyno's nurse yesterday and haven't heard back yet.

I've had some unusual spotting in the middle of my cycle for the past few months. The first couple times I just assumed it was nothing, but now that it's more consistently happening I'm starting to worry. It started again yesterday, still going on today. Essentially it's just very light spotting, with cramps and yesterday I was really nauseated. My TOM isn't supposed to start for another 10 days. I think I ovulated somewhere between 6-8 days ago (not sure though, didn't test, just from observation) At my last gyno appointment I was supposed to get a pap but I never got any results from the gyno (probably bc we were more concerned with possible thyroid/diabetes, which all came back normal thank goodness, just vit D) Now I'm just concerned that something could be wrong, and I really want to start TTC January 2015, so I want to know everything is ok! What do you guys think? normal? or do I need to go back to the gyno?
Claygirl1518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 09:18 AM   #2  

Well, it's been four days now and I'm still spotting and cramping. My doctor's nurse still hasn't called me back, which is kind of irritating. Hopefully it's just readjusting to my diet, but this is longer than I've ever had spotting before, usually it it's in the middle of my cycle it's only 2 days, not 4. I guess this is too much information for most people since there are no responses... thanks for reading anyway though!
Old 10-18-2014, 09:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/197/120

Height: 5'5

Are you on the pill by any chance? If you are, have you missed a couple of pills?
Otherwise sounds like hormonal imbalance to me, but I'm not expert. Do you also have acne, mood swings, increase/decrease in appetite? I used to be very imbalanced before taking the pill and I had all of these symptoms including random spotting and cramps.
muguet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 09:47 AM   #4  

I'm not on the pill, but I haven't been for about a year now. The spotting started a few months ago, and this month it is worse. I don't really want to get back on the pill because I had so many bad symptoms, and i want to Try to conceive in January. I think you're right, some kind of imbalance is going on. Hopefully the doctor's nurse will tell me what to do next. I've read other places that some people start spotting like this because they cut put carbs. I haven't cut out all carbs, but I eat a lot less now than I used to. Do you think that could do it?
Old 10-18-2014, 02:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 223/197/120

Height: 5'5

I'm not sure how carbs actually affect hormones..but I found this website for balancing hormones:
http://wellnessmama.com/5425/balance-hormones/
I personally try to avoid caffeine and sugar a week before and during my period since I find it affects my overall wellbeing a little too much.

This website seems good to evaluate the type of spotting you have and whether or not you need to consult a doctor:
http://www.everydayhealth.com/pms/sp...n-periods.aspx

good luck, I really hope you can figure this out!!
muguet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 04:08 PM   #6  

Thanks Muguet! I read the everydayhealth website a couple days ago, which is why I called my doctor's office, because the spotting has been going on for about 4 months, unfortunately they haven't called me back. I'll check out the wellness mama blog though!