Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 09-23-2012, 01:53 PM   #1  

Default Finding an endocrinologist

I plan on finding another doctor, because my regular doctor doesn't seem to be helping me with my hypothyroidism. I have had very thick hair all my life and in the 6 weeks, I've been losing it in an alarming rate (at least to me). Each time I wash my hair I can lose at least 2 softball-sized handfuls. When I brush it, I can get another handful. I can even feel the difference in the thickness when I grab it up to put it in a ponytail. (It feels at least 25% thinner.)

If you have found a good doctor, please let me know things such as how you found that doctor, what questions you asked prior to making an appointment, and what to look for in a good endocrinologist.

Thanks so much for any input.
Ms Shapen is offline   Reply With Quote

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Endocrinologist visit left me more confused polleta PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support 13 11-08-2012 03:50 PM
Endocrinologist Follow Up! Firesoulx PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support 23 09-10-2012 03:01 PM
Ip - Tips For Newbies jordanna Ideal Protein Diet 516 07-08-2011 11:37 PM
Endocrinologist said.. only true way to lose weight and keep it off is WLS.. WTH?? lovegoddess1977 Weight Loss Support 14 02-07-2011 12:51 AM