3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Dieting with Obstacles (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dieting-obstacles-14/)
-   -   Fibromyalgia #197 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dieting-obstacles/249279-fibromyalgia-197-a.html)

Joanne D 09-09-2012 01:32 PM

Hey There

Thanks or the information Sandramac.. Getting on the floor for any reason for me is not a possibility. I cannot get up without a lot of help.. Both knees are gone. I have a replacement in one but not the other due to my health..
I had another ex ray of my back. Negative,, So..I gather it will just take time to heal..
Yes the grandchildren are a joy.. Maybe your son and his wife would think about adopting. My son never had children.. His wife has two grown children. Not the same for sure. They are nothing but a drain on them. My son lost his home helping his wife keep one in rehab. I feel sure that is not the end of that . They live with us now. On top of that my son a Grad design Architect has lost his job,due to the market being gone, he hasn't found another since. Things are not easy in that field right now.He is 54 and maybe they want younger men/women..
They help us a lot .I am grateful for that..
The country needs a change.. It couldn't be any worse.
Hello to all my friends..
Have a good week.. Joanne

Candicej 09-10-2012 01:53 AM

Hi Joanne and Sandramac

Joanne...was hoping your pain was better..I'm sure your falls did not help.I cannot take arthritis meds either or pain meds...I am having lots of back pain this year plus hip pain.....I use orthoics in my shoes and it helps some.Tell your sis E hi for me and hope she has some good days where she can do things.

Sandramac...I use tennis balls alot and have a pressure point hand held thingy but can't always get into the right palce...it is a wand that looks like a thumb on the hook end that you push in your trigger points...will try to find that web site to look at your board..thanks for sharing:)
I have cats too and a dog..no gkids yet but soon......

Candicej 09-10-2012 02:20 AM

Sandrmac..I could not find your site or the back board???????????????????????

Mima 09-14-2012 06:55 AM

Good morning. I am so sorry you fell Joanne.Hope you get some relief.
I am doing pretty well-the only thing that bothers me is my right leg-I get shots for bursitis but it seems there is an underlying cause. I do my exercises but not sure I have one for the upper back of my leg-.
Leaving for FL on the 23rd of Oct. Been really nice here. Little Adalyn is ceawling-she's almost 8 months. Lily is going to dance class for toddlers..
Just made a quilt for a baby shower and now knitting a sweater for Lily.
Bye for now/Mima

sandramac 09-15-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candicej (Post 4463069)
Sandrmac..I could not find your site or the back board???????????????????????

Hi, Candice, and all who are interested:
I am unable to post links, yet, due to my junior membership, but if you go to the site Lose the Back Pain dot com, (all one word) by typing into the address bar of your browser, then, after the dot com, type into your address bar the following: /back-pain-relief-products then press Enter on your keyboard, you should come up with the page showing all their products. I have no stock in this company, but I have read Jesse Cannone's book, and I use several of the products listed on the site. The Trigger Point system is the board I am currently using.

If you have painful points on your body that most of us call "muscle knots," or if you can press any spot on your body that is painful, and pressing it causes pain to radiate to any other place on your body, you probably have active trigger points. There are 11 specific spots that are used in identifying fibromyalgia, although I believe it is really 18 points. Personally, I have all 11 points, and I used to receive injections of dilute marcaine into my trigger points located in areas I cannot reach with my hands. Most massage therapists I have been to are either too timid to really press these painful spots, or simply are not aware of their existence.

By following the DVD instructions that accompany the board, and referring to the photos in the manual that also accompanies it, you can locate and treat your trigger points yourself. The pressing and releasing, followed by stretching, and moist heat or a warm bath have helped me immensely at times when even pain meds have not worked.

Let me know again, if you cannot find the page. I really have been helped by products on LoseTheBackPain, although I haven't tried all of them, but I am not affiliated with the site other than as a grateful user of the products and ideas listed and explained there.

Good luck, and I hope we all can continue to give one another personal support here; sometimes,there is nothing like hearing that something worked for someone else. We all have to get really creative, sometimes, to deal with our pain!

'Bye now...Sandra

Happy Canuk 09-16-2012 08:59 PM

Hi everybody.

Jo Anne, sorry you are still not feeling good. Makes life just a little harder when that happens. Glad your son and DIL are there to help you out.

Mima - not long before you pack up again. Glad you are feeling not too bad. Sometimes after surgery, it takes awhile for that sciatic nerve to settle down.

Candice - I think this is the link you need - go do products at the top
then scroll down to that trigger point mat. Looks interesting.

http://www.losethebackpain.com/back-...elief-products

Sandra - thanks for that link. I also you the hook thing for trigger points and it does a pretty good job. I also have a back magic product that I like. Keeps the curve in the back, that is so important.

It's a nice day here and will be for the next 7 days in any case. Around 70F. The nights are getting colder though, and this morning there was frost on the roof tops. I love the Fall weather.

Haven't been feeling too well, being lightheaded and so darn sleepy. Dr. ran some tests and it appears I am hyperglycemic, so need to add more protein each time I eat and need to have something every 2-3 hrs. I have felt like a prisoner in my house, because I wouldn't dare drive my car as I might get to feel like I was going to pass out. The past couple of days have been better.

I hope everybody has a good week.

Happy Canuk 09-16-2012 09:05 PM

Here is another site - one for the Back Magic http://www.backmagicworks.com/index-2.html

Joanne D 09-17-2012 10:04 AM

Hey There

I am seeing the Dr. again today. I am going to ask for a MRI .. I need to get rid of this pain.
My son and his wife are a good help. Sometimes too much of a help.. I want to stay independent as long as possible.. The hubby seems to be going downhill . he wants only to sit,sleep and will eat and bathed when pushed..
The days are still in the high 89's and 90's here. I will be glad when it gets cooler.
Have a good week everybody..
Joanne

Candicej 10-04-2012 03:14 AM

Thanks Happy and Sandra..I looked at them and might give them a try..I have the hook thing and like it but can't get to all my spots and use the tennis balls alot and have a cushioned curved thing I also stretch my back with...no bumps on it for trigger points though. It is my hip/pelvic/lowerback pain that is my main problem right now and sitting up straight is very hard cause it makes my pelvis and hip hurt...so try to sit in a recliner or on the floor (reclined of course) or up walking or stretching when I can. AND>>> I love my pilates machine to stretch me out and tone my muslces. I booked marked the pages to go to later....gonna run them by my son first:) (the DO)

Joanne hope you can get an MRI and get some relief from the pain!

Candicej 10-04-2012 03:17 AM

I'm gonna be a first time grandma in February and it's a girl:):bb::bb::bb:

Joanne D 10-04-2012 10:46 AM

Hey There

Congrats. Candice. I remember when my first Grandchild was born. Now he has two babies of his own ,which, makes me a Great Grand Mother now..
I had a MRI and have a herniated disc. I am seeing a orthopedic Dr. on the 9nth. It has taken two months of pain to finally see a Dr. that may help me.. I find it hard to understand the reasoning of why it takes so long to get health care these days.
I watched the debate last night and was amazed to see Obama smirking .No class.. I guess he thinks he has it all tied up.. He may have and what a shame that would be..
Have a good weekend everybody.
Joanne

Happy Canuk 10-05-2012 06:53 PM

CONGRATULATIONS Candice. It is SUCH an exciting time. My first gd is now 14 and I remember being beside myself waiting for her arrival. With my own kids, I just wanted them out lol Anyway, you will surely enjoy this baby.

Joanne - sorry to hear you have a herniated disk. Sometimes PT helps and other times it is surgery that is needed. Mine ended in surgery. Hope they can figure out something for you that makes you feel better. In the USA they can do this surgery pretty easy in the office of the Dr. At least that is what I read. It saves the 4 or 5 months of healing time.

Take care and look after yourself.

MemeToo 10-16-2012 01:04 AM

Hey everyone ... I'm still alive!

Congratulations, Candice. There's nothing like 'em!
Sorry to hear about all the sickness & back problems. Joanne, sure hope you don't have to have surgery!

I haven't been feeling very well myself. Haven't really been doing much lately. Nothing much to report here. Hubby retired and hasn't been home very much since. He stays gone or on the phone. Don't see him much during the day and at night he is either on the computer, phone or asleep. I'm not really complaining! ha I'm just doing what I have to do and not much else! I think the pain has finally pretty much taken over my life.

Joanne D 10-16-2012 10:09 AM

Hey There

Hello Everybody.
Happy, I say a Dr and had a very long visit to his office. I was not a happy camper when I left. I told my son I was unsure about the whole thing. Two blocks down the road it hit me and I was really upset and told him I could not do what they wanted. I called my primary and made an appointment and then the next day called the first Dr and cancelled the whole thing..
My back is and will get better. The primary injected my Bursa and told me these things take time and that he couldn't believe what the other Dr's wanted me to do. Like stop the coumadin.I could have thrown a clot and that would have taken care of all my problems.Considering the controversy about spinal injections I felt among other things to leave things to take care of themselves.
I believe when something doesn't feel right you don't do it.
Meme- So the hubby has retired? good that he is not under your feet all the time.. Mine is another story. Feel better.
have a good week. Joanne

Candicej 11-07-2012 10:58 AM

Where did you all go again?

Joanne..good you are geing some rain then....glad the kids are helping you.

Happy I need you zip.......code