Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 03-24-2011, 12:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 303/275/160

Height: 5'9

Unhappy 2nd week feeling like i cant make it

Im really struggling today. I have been on a strict program for 2 weeks but working on losing for months. I have systemic lupus and fibromyalgia. I am really trying to work out but be careful. The low impact video I have been using was recommended by my rheumatologist as was my 1500 calorie a day lowish card high protein diet. I have been doing really well and haven't felt hungry like I am now at all. The sugar withdrawl sucked but I have been making it. Today and yesterday though the work outs have been causing me terrible pain and I feel weak and exhausted and starving. Physically hungery not just feeling bad and wanting to eat away my sorrows. Im wondering if maybe my metabalis is starting to wake up and the stress of it all is maybe causing a flare up. I feel fat and miserable even though I have already lost 7 inches. Does anyone else have an idea of what is happening and what I can do to help myself through it. I can't keep feeling like this I will never be able to stick to it, but I do not want to give up I have already come so far!

Last edited by sticking2it; 03-24-2011 at 12:21 AM.
sticking2it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:17 AM   #2  

7 inches?!!!! In 2 weeks?!!! All I can say is wow just keep that in mind
strangewayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:18 AM   #3  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

wow, the loss is amazing, but how you are feeling isn't. Its tough when you have a flare up. DId you discuss with your rheumatologist what to do when you have these flare ups? It often seems that just when everything is working, our bodies try to make it harder on us. Maybe upping your calories to 1600 for the time being and taking a day off of exercise will help. DOn't stop with the exercise, but give yourself a day off and rest and maybe get in a hot tub or hot bath to quell the complaining muscles.
hope you feel better soon, and keep on trucking, your loss is amazing. Good for you!
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 190.8/185/140

Height: 5'8"

Are you taking dietary supplements? If you are deficient in Vit D or magnesium you can sometimes get achy. When on a restricted diet we should make sure to get in our supplements. Although your condition could be the cause....

Also, could you be in ketosis from your low carb diet? If so, initially ketosis can cause achiness but does go away.

I also agree to easing up on your exercise. I think making an effort to move more and simple range of motion for your joints might be all you should do. Concentrate on your eating and ease into the workout again later.

Don't quit now...you've gone throught the hardest part!! Take a quitting is not an option approach...those joints can only feel better with less weight on them! Eating more and fattening foods will not make your pain go away, just keep reminding yourself of that!
Good luck!

Last edited by serendipityberry; 03-26-2011 at 11:48 AM.
serendipityberry is offline   Reply With Quote