Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 05-09-2011, 10:14 AM   #1  
Piseag beag boidheach

Height: 1.79

Default Gastric reflux, low fat, wheat free diet.

Hi

I started going wheat free one month ago, after suspecting that part of my stomach and digestive problems were because of it. I started feeling much better, although I was sick with was supposed to be gastroenterocolitis twice. Last week I ended up in the ER because of very strong pains in my stomach, and had an ultrasound that said I had gallbladder stones and an inflammed gallbladder. Another trip to the ER and another ultrasound said I don't have any of those, but I was sent a preventive diet that is low fat (including chocolate, of course). Now, last Friday I had my appointment with a gastroenterologist (first time I went to one), who put me into an even more strict diet for gastric reflux, apart from sending me more medicines and blood tests.

Now, the main problem is not the eating (though I fell into temptation and bought a small packet of gluten free cookies), but the fact I am pretty much refusing to eat the food that is done at home because I get this disgusting image of a stone stuck in my gallbladder :S (I might have it or not, I have an appointment with another doctor on Friday and he might send me more tests). Does anybody has recipes, ideas or suggestions for this? (heartburn friendly would be the best, as they usually work for heartburn and low fat diets).
Teacher2B is offline   Reply With Quote