Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 115/115/58

Height: 5'2"

Default Medication Mayhem; But Determined To Beat It!

Hi everyone, (Sorry this is so long, but I'm sure you'll understand why, if you see it through to the end...)

Well, I am back here after almost 4 years, and picking up my weight loss challenge only 5kg lighter, from where I left off.

Back in August 2008, my head had an unfortunate incident with a door, which has left me with permanent nerve damage, and subsequently, permanent pain, requiring Gabapentine to ease it.

After 12 months overcoming the brain infection which I procured as a result; the Prednisone injections in the base of my skull; discovering I'm one of the rare few who are allergic to Tegretol, and subsequent trouble with my eye, the Gabapentine finally got the chance to work, and has helped a great deal.
Unfortunately, less pain comes with nausea, fatigue, dizziness, fluid retention and weight gain.

Back in June, my marriage ended, but I stayed in the marital home until 6 and a half weeks ago, and have relocated 148km away with my 2 teenage children; and have started Uni at the gloriously mature age of 39.

With the lifestyle change, has come the desire to shed the extra weight which has plagued me for more years than I care to recall, so I can exact a full transformation.

Unfortunately, the aforementioned medication seems determined to hinder my weightloss. Ever since arriving here, I have been working hard on my eating and activity level. I have been tracking it and according to the information I have given, I should be losing about 2.5kg per week; therefore, after 6 and a half weeks there should be a significant weightloss, but I am only just noticing it now.

Despite the medication, however, I am determined to lose weight. I don't care how long it takes; I just want it gone.
I do a fair bit of walking at Uni and my fanatical house cleaning give me a fair workout, but I also have a Cardio Twister which I would like you to encourage me to use, if I forget to mention it in my future posts.

I am not on a particular diet; I eat one or two meals per day, and don't snack, as a rule. Stir-fry is one of my fav things, so have this on a regular basis...mixing it up with different meats, veg and flavourings...mmm...filling and nutritious. I try and keep the food I consume as nutritious as possible, but coffee is my naughty pleasure, and I will have to cut down the sugar...empty calories...I consume 3 or 4 per day...not too bad, considering I spend about 20 hours a day, awake. The rest of the time, I drink water.
If I have lunch, it is usually a mug of soup with a slice of bread.

I hope to visit regularly, and give and receive plenty of encouragement.
Whatever your respective issues, I hope you don't become too disheartened, and give up. Stay, and hopefully we can help each other through the tough times.

I look forward to getting to know you all alot better.

Best wishes,

Snowflake

(p.s...If you made it this far, thanks for staying the distance...lol)
Snowflake_35 is offline   Reply With Quote