3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Dieting with Obstacles (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dieting-obstacles-14/)
-   -   PHYSICAL CHALLENGES ~ March Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dieting-obstacles/195661-physical-challenges-%7E-march-thread.html)

Justwant2Bhealthy 03-01-2010 02:31 PM

PHYSICAL CHALLENGES ~ March Thread

:wave: WELCOME EVERYONE ~ Please join us in our thread: to give support and encouragement; to share ideas, and/or just chat with one another about everyday issues ...

This special thread is for anyone with any kind of physical obstacle and/or challenge like SB, CP, MS, MD, PK, Lupus, Osteo, Arthritis, Rheumatism, or any other condition (s), whether genetic or acquired (like injuries), that causes some physical limitations and/or difficulties.

:D HAPPY MARCH EVERYBODY! :D

:flow1: SPRING IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER! :flow1:

:hug: ROSEBUD :hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy 03-01-2010 02:51 PM

:wave: HI LADIES ~ well, we have another gorgeous and :sunny: day out there today. It is nice and mild too; above 0C too. Just perfect for getting some shopping in as well. Went to pick up some fresh fruit and veggies plus a few other things we needed. DH had to get a new shovel as his other one cracked; and we were so blessed to find one on for sale 50% off today.

I also found some non-salted and roasted peanuts in a shell for a snack; the protein is good for me and I have to take the time to shell them so I like this idea much better. When RONNI suggested peanuts, I went hunting and found some without salt; but the only ones they had were in the shell, but I really like them better nice and fresh.

So I got some walking in today and felt really good too. Am keeping on plan and doing well this month. I am dedicating March to a complete on plan month. Anyone else up for that challenge to see who wins? Hopefully, we all could do that; it would be nice.

Hope all our friends are feeling well out there; and do take care ... ROSEBUD
:flow1:

TheTigz 03-01-2010 04:18 PM

:woohoo:HAPPY MARCH EVERYONE!!!:woohoo:

Hope everyone is well. Had a crazy few days. A couple of doozies with back pain and a couple of chaotic ones as well.:dizzy:

Made the lentil soup at last! Yayyyy! Tastes so gorgeous and I've frozen a massive tub of it too. Only bad thing is the side effects! http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a315/flo71/fart1.gif You know what I mean! We won't be lighting any matches in here soon! Peee-uuuuuu! Had smoked haddock and salad for dinner tonight, was lovely too.

"I'm so excited And I just can't hide it I'm about to lose control and I think I like it"

Get the new car tomorrow! And all the garden stuff is being delivered. Got a headache just now trying to think of all the things we need to do this week and how to fit them all in. Life just seems to get busier.http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a315/flo71/crazy.gif But I know that this weekend the kids are away at their bio-daddy's and SO will want to go cruisin' in the new wheels, so I have that to look forward to to keep me sane.

Anyways, need to go and do some paperwork now. :cry:

Take care all XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

ronni62 03-02-2010 09:30 AM

Tigz-LOL!:lol3: You just crack me up! Hope you have fun in the new wheels!

Rosebud-Glad you were able to find some unsalted peanuts. I never thought I'd like unsalted nuts, but when I tried the unsalted almonds, I actually like them better than salted-tastes just keep changing for the better! I'll join your March on-plan challenge, even though you've already "won" because I messed up last night-having major evening eating issues lately, but back on track this morning and not too much damage from last night. We were even able to take a walk last night, but not too far (about 6 blocks) as there is still a lot of ice on the streets and sidewalks.

Purple-hope everything is well with you and yours and you're having a good week!

Well, must go get my crown started today, as I'm now the newly coronated queen of Iowa:lol:-just kidding, of course, but have to get the tooth with the root canal crowned, so it doesn't fall apart, I guess. Still having lots of numby-tingly-burny feelings in the legs and back and having sleep issues because of it, but the headaches and the gastric issues seem to be letting up. I don't know if it made the news anywhere else with all that's going on, but there's a new study out that states that women with MS are more likely to have migraines-funny, that's something I had asked a neurologist a long time ago, but he just laughed at me. Guess I'm not as dumb as he thought:p!

So, ok, I must get showered and ready to go-not looking forward to the dentist again-can you tell? We are having some beautiful sunshine and some melting of this nasty, white stuff, so maybe we'll be able to walk a bit again. Of course, we'll be going to Walmart today too, so we'll be able to do some laps around the store;). Ok, really, I guess I have to hit the showers. Talk to you all later! :hug::hug::hug: for everyone!

TheTigz 03-02-2010 04:34 PM

If it could go wrong today, it has gone wrong today! ROFL! It has been SOOOOO bad I am too stressed to eat chocolate!!! All I've had for dinner tonight was a lovely salad, no meat, no carbs, just veg and some salad cream. Damn it was good. As a result I don't feel as tired and stuffed and crappy. Or at least I hope its that, I could be delirious, its quite possible LOL!

Got the new car - eventually YAYYYYY! It drives lovely and has everything but a coffee machine and a portapotty in it. There was a snag with some paperwork, but it was sorted in 30 minutes.

Got the garden stuff delivered today as well - missing 2 wooden panels GRRRRR:tantrum:. Sorted and coming tomorrow - probably LOL

Garden bench came and it looks great, but it does not seem to be built for the more generous butt and everyone will need to sit on it VERY CAREFULLY!

Had one of those days where everything seems to happen at once with phones going, people delivering, making hats with the kids for school and getting glitter EVERYWHERE, dogs taking themselves off to the park...http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a315/flo71/gsd.gif CHAOS REIGNS!!! YEEEEEHAAAAAA!!! But on the bright side, my DS came home from school NOT covered in mud for the first day in 4 weeks, so mustn't grumble! :lol:

Tomorrow is now lining up to be just as busy as today. God I wish things would slow down. They won't though, at least for the next 2 weeks. Got this fundraising night a week on Friday and still making jewellery for it. Will need to photograph it all and count how many pieces I have made now. But finding the time..... ahhh-hah :hyper:

Well no rest for the wicked:s: need to go and finish some more paperwork and letters.

Take care all and remember:

If it looks like a turd
Smells like a turd
Tastes like a turd...

You need locking up cos you're eating turds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Justwant2Bhealthy 03-02-2010 09:35 PM

HI LADIES ~ well, we were blessed to have another gorgeous day of :sunny: and they are predicting that until Thursday. I hope that is true cuz I love all this sunshine and mild weather. Our thermometers said we got up to +5C -- if they were correct; of course, the sun was on our side at that time, but it was sure close to that anyways.

I just stayed home and did my bills and other stuff around here; we had to go hunting in our spare room for the envelopes though. Finally found them in a suitcase up on top of our stationary cabinet: I had put them in there for protection; me thinks that sometimes, I put things away just a tad too well. :lol:

We had leftover roasted chicken and piles of veggies for dinner. This is now one of my most favorite dinners to have; I'm glad that I may becoming addicted to healthier fair these days. I won't mind that at all. Dh is in the other room watching Sergeant Bilko with Steve Martin; that's a good movie -- we love that guy, and I can hear him laughing away.:D

TIGZ ~ sounds like your life is in constant motion, but that can be expected with little ones, I'm sure. Hope things settle down for you by the weekend.

HI RONNI ~ I hope your appt with the dentist goes well for you tomorrow; I know how you feel. I really dislike going there myself; thank goodness, I don't have to go again until July, and that's just for a cleaning ... yeah! :carrot:

HEY THERE, PURPLE ~ We all sure hope that you are feeling well; and that all is well with your family. We have missed your cheery visits this week; you don't usually stay away so long unless you are away on a holiday or deliveries. Take good care of yourself now.

Time to go put my legs up and read for awhile; have a wonderful Wednesday ladies ... Rosebud :flow1:

Justwant2Bhealthy 03-03-2010 09:24 PM

:wave: HI LADIES ~ We had another gorgeous :sunny: day again today ... what an awesome blessing this week has been for us here! It got all the way up to +5C again today, and so far, it is still only -4C tonight. I hope you are all having nice weather too!

We spent our morning doing our weekly housecleaning, plus I did some laundry too. We decided to do some spring cleaning while we were at it, becuz it was so lovely with all that sunshine beaming in through our south-facing windows -- it felt like a spring day.

The snow was melting and falling off the roof; while the snowfairies were out cleaning the streets and hauling the excess snow away to the snowdumps today. We cleared off the front deck yesterday; but there's a bit left on the bottom that has to melt yet, but maybe soon, we'll even be able to go and sit out there for some fresh air.

Our NIKO keeps asking to go out there becuz it is so mild and sunny right now, and he is just tall enuff to see outside through the big livingroom window. Plus I have been opening the front door to let more sun in, and he will sit there for ages looking out at the cars and people going by. They are now saying that it should be nice right through til Friday ... yeah! :carrot:

DH picked up some parts to do a brake job on the car today; he's gonna do it himself to save some $$$. A nice fella has offered the use of his garage to do the work so that is nice of him. I will be praying for mechanic angels to guide and help DH while he does these repairs, which will be very soon.

My sister, NUMPSTER, wants us to go down for a holiday to see her place in June sometime, so the car has to be in tip-top-shape for such a long trip as that. I am also praying for good health as well since we haven't been down there for a very long time, and DH is really looking forward to a trip there. We had actually originally planned to go down in the fall, so we have to see what happens. I love fall and would love to see the trees turn to the fall colors again down south sometime.

PS to PURPLE ~ I just recalled that on at least a couple of other occasions, your PC had crashed on you and you had to clean your hard-drive and reinstall everything again and that can take awhile (and you are connected to your DH's PC as well). Am still sending up prayers for your sister and that your DAD is feeling well too. Have a great week, my dear ... :hug:

Hope all you ladies have a wonderful spring-like day tomorrow; time for my tea and to curl my legs up for a good rest tonight too ... Rosebud :flow1:

rebeccamichelle777 03-04-2010 07:07 AM

osteoarthritis exercises

I was tired of feeling disappointed when I looked into a new work out regime and could not do nearly 70% of the exercises due to squats, lunges, jumps, etc...:tantrum:

So recently I did some brainstorming on how to get a good lower body or overall body work out without ending up with swollen knees for the next 2-3 days.:flame:

I've had osteoarthritis since my teen years, thanks to my parents :thanks: for never having my serious injuries taken care of properly when I was very young.

I'm 40 now and have created some osteo-exercises that are safe for extremely painful knees or shoulders & hips.:goodluck:

http://osteoarthritisexercises.blogspot.com/
Here's the link to the blog I was talking about that I made for us ol' ladies.

Thanks Rebecca

Justwant2Bhealthy 03-04-2010 05:14 PM

Rebecca ~ I'd love to have that link to your exercises, but becuz you are a NEWBIE, I cannot PM you and visa-versa ... :lol: Sooo, we'll have to wait until you have been a member for 20 days and 20 posts. The only other way is for you to copy and paste them inside a post, if that is possible ... :D

BTW ~ :welcome: to 3FC's and to our thread; we would love for you to join us whenever you like to share ideas and just chat too. This is a great site with lots of info and lots of caring and supportive people too!

TheTigz 03-05-2010 06:26 AM

Sounds good Rebecca, I'd like a copy when its possible. I was looking the other week for exercises for the disabled and found a few videos on youtube that I have yet to find the time to look at ROFL! But I am very interested in what your regime is.

Welcome to the forum BTW.

ronni62 03-05-2010 03:52 PM

Hi, everyone! Well, we've survived our week of dentist appts. and other running around. Wish we'd have a week when we just get to stay home and veg out a bit (along with the schooling, of course). I've been so tired that I've gotten nothing done regarding the housework this week at all. But, I still can't sleep at night because of the creepy-numb-tingly sensations in my leg every night. I just seem to flip and flop:(

We have had some really nice sunny days this week and have been able to go out walking a couple times-short walks, because we still have wind and it does get a little chilly after a few minutes, so I guess we walked about 1/2 hour today. Felt good, but now I feel totally wiped out.

Now, of course, I need to figure out something for supper:?:. Don't have any idea what to make-maybe burgers or barbeque with lots of veggies.

Hope you all have a great weekend! :hug: to all!

Justwant2Bhealthy 03-05-2010 11:04 PM

HI LADIES ~ we had another beautiful :sunny: day today with warmer temps again -- about +5C or maybe even higher. All the rest of the ice melted into slush on the front porch so DH pushed it off and we were able to take down our Christmas decos to put them away.

I wanted to wait until a warm day when none of them had any snow our ice on them so they wouldn't get damaged, but our naughty NIKO chewed the plug off one of our candy cane lights sets when were weren't watching. I had gone to the kitchen to put dinner on while DH was bringing in the rest of the stuff and discovered the little rascal before he ate anything ... phew! Gee, gotta watch these young things all the time, just like a toddler; although he is supposed to be 2+ years old now. :dizzy:

So we had steak and mushroom medley and a salad for dinner; DH had his usual pork chop, veggies, and some rice. Most meals we eat almost the same thing, but sometimes I make us something a bit different. I used to work as a cook in restaurants so I am a little more accustomed to making more than one thing at a time.

I spent some of this evening just resting up my legs while reading and sipping on my tea. Hope you all have a great weekend too ... Rosebud :flow1:

TheTigz 03-06-2010 04:01 PM

That just about sums it up. Totally overdid it today - wearing my "I'm with Stoopid" tshirt with the arrow pointing up. lol SO has finished the back garden, looks fantastic. So proud of him, he's done a great job. Unfortunately, the front garden, I decided looked like a bomb had hit it, so..... silly muppet me did it. Weeding, pruning, pulling out bulbs from plants I hate that the previous people here had put in and let take over the whole place. Did it all from the comfort of my "magic stool" ROFL that could mean so many things, "magic stool". I wish I could have one of them everyday! Sometimes I start shouting for someone to get me a crowbar, but I digress... LMAO Yes, my "magic stool" is a little stool on wheels that I use for all kinds of jobs that I would not be able to take on without my "magic stool". I should sell them on Ebay, "Magic Stool" used, but in great condition! ROFL Man offtrack again. Anyways.... front garden is now looking tidy and presentable and no longer embarrassing.

Had such a busy week its just not funny and next week will be the same if not worse. Jewellery is going well, needed to get more bits in as I had ran out of a number of essential items. Ladies night is on Friday, so trying to get as much made before that. Will remember and take pics... at some point...LOL

Well I am off to curl up in a little ball and feel sorry for myself...:D

Take care all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Justwant2Bhealthy 03-06-2010 08:42 PM

HI FRIENDS ~ we have been so blessed this week, it is amazing really; another full day of clear skies and :sunny: and warmer temps ... awesome!!! DH said that someone told him the trend will end soon, but this was like a lovely spring holiday in the middle of our frosty Canadian winters. The snow was really melting quickly today with water running down the side of the road. If this had kept up another day, I'm sure the sidewalks would have been clear too as they were peeking through ...

Our porch is totally cleared, so NIKO spent a couple of hours out there basking in the sun and watching the world go by. We even have some, dare I say it ... green grass showing around the big fir tree and feeder; so the doves were ecstatic about that! They found a mound of seed there and were in food heaven ... :lol:

I had some leftover steak and romaine salad for lunch; and we had fish and a coleslaw salad for dinner (plus some cukes & tomatoes). I had a few sweet potato fries and DH had his regular ones with his fish. I just stayed home and did stuff around here while DH did his own thing.

HEY PURPLE ~ hope you are feeling well this week; and everything is going OK in your neck of the woods.

Have a super restful and relaxing Sunday ladies ... Rosebud :flow1:

Justwant2Bhealthy 03-06-2010 08:51 PM

HI TIGZ ~ your MAGIC STOOL sounds like a wonderful gardening tool; a good way to save your back, and you probably could market those things, if you wanted to, esp with so many people who love gardening but that also have health issues too.

DH and I have some dryer drums which sit about 2-3 feet off the ground and I find them so handy for putting flowers and salad gardens in. DH has found me 2 so far but I hope to have at least three: one for flowers, one for salad stuff; and one for green & yellow beans which grow really well in them. I would have more, but we'll see how that goes.

I have a nice bed along side this place; and DH says he will make a few more out the front for more perennial flowers too. I hope to put beans and chives in the side bed; I already have lots of flowers in 2 of them. I might try to get some double blooming irises for the front; that would be nice.

I love gardening too, but always have to rest up afterwards too; so now you can spend the rest of your weekend recuping ... :hug:

rebeccamichelle777 03-08-2010 04:10 AM

Hi theTigz & Justwant2behealty.

I drew some laughable stick figures doing the exercises, it's hard to tell what they are doing. ;) LOL

I will take photo's of the exercises and post them in the next few days!

Rebecca

eclipse 03-08-2010 02:32 PM

Hi everyone! I'm new to this thread. My name is Jeri, and I'm 33 years old. I've lost over 40 lbs in the last 6 months, and I have almost 100 left to go. I'm dealing with some physical limitations that are making being active a real challenge for me. One of the main things I'm dealing with is pelvic organ prolapse. It causes me pain and discomfort, and is negatively affected by excercise. I can't lift weights because the strain makes it worse, I can't run or do vigorous aerobic excercise for the same reason. I'm also dealing with sciatica and other back pain, which sometimes makes even standing up straight a challenge. While water excercise can work for me, I don't currently have regular access to a pool. When my back is feeling decent, I can do WATP videos with some modifications, but that's about it. I'm focusing on diet for now - but it's hard. For the first time in ages, I really feel like I WANT to excercise. . .but I can't, and that sucks.

Anyhow, that's me!

Justwant2Bhealthy 03-08-2010 10:22 PM

THANKS REBECCA ~ yes, the photos might work a lot better than the stick people ... :lol:

:welcome: JERI ~ you probably could do chair aerobics and hand weights; stretchie band work also. YOu can sit to do a lot of them; I saw on a site that you can use balls while sitting as well. With some imagination, you can come up with quite a few exercises to do while sitting. I strained my lower stomach a while ago, but with some rest, it is now much better. I just have to be careful not to do anything that stresses that area. You might find laying on a couch or bed doing some exercises would be helpful. I like the Tai Chi as it is just doing slow-moving lite motions with your arms or legs that don't overstress any one muscle group; and you can choose which ones to do or not do.

We had another day of gorgeous :sunny: and +10C -- even the sidewalks were melting today. NIKO and I spent at least 2 hours out on our deck basking in the sun. I like to take a book and read out there at this time of year as there are no buggies until June ... yeah! :carrot:

Hope you all have a terrific Tuesday tomorrow; take good care ... Rosebud :flow1:

rebeccamichelle777 03-09-2010 12:29 PM

I just finished making a blog for it on blogger. the blog is called osteoarthritis exercises.

I made illustrations for all the exercises I use myself that work great. I never have any annoying swelling or pain with these and they really burn your buns.

Can't wait to share the link as soon as I am able!

Be talking to you two soon, R.

TheTigz 03-09-2010 04:47 PM

Godammit!!!! I wrote a post on here this morning, previewed it and didn't submit it! Dammit!

Was probably quite boring anyways lol

Just can't remember what I said :dizzy:

Anyways, take care all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Justwant2Bhealthy 03-09-2010 08:04 PM

HI LADIES ~ well, we had another lovely :sunny: day today -- that must be some kind of record for us, so many in a row like that. I actually hope that it continues but my weather forcaster said that some clouds may be moving into our area sometimes this week; I couldn't get that to come up for me yet tonight. Seems that the internet is having all kinds of problems lately; esp the IE. My personal homepage only comes up once in a blue moon these days; not sure what is going on with them these days but sure hope they get that all fixed up soon.

So I just did stuff around home today including some mending. Made a nice pot of homemade meatball and veggie soup for lunch. We had deli chicken, veggies, and salad for dinner. Had a good day; NIKO and I spent some time on our porch, and I did some reading while catching some rays too.

THANKS REBECCA ~ I appreciate that you took the time to do that and will be glad to see them. Since you are an artist, you probably could do nice sketches too. :D

Hope all our friends here are having a good day; and everyone is in good health and spirits too! Take good care now ... Rosebud :flow1:

Justwant2Bhealthy 03-10-2010 09:32 PM

:wave: HI LADIES ~ we awoke to more :sunny: this AM but some clouds rolled in and stayed til late afternoon, but the temps stayed up there despite that at +9C for most of the day. Our forecast is calling for 2 more days of sun too, so that will be awesome! :carrot:

Our snow is melting quickly too; we can even see some grass here on our front lawn and near the fir tree. Two doves decided to have a swim in a puddle in our laneway which is on a downward slant so it is one of a very few that is clear already; and the males are trying to impress the ladies, so I'm sure that spring can't be too far away.;)

Been having some really good on plan days lately; I'm getting better each day and have had NO JUNKIES so far this month. Going for a record of no junkies this month; hope I make it ...

I made some homemade Turkey-Vegetable soup for lunch today and it was delish; we had pork steaks with veggies/salad, and brown rice mix for dinner tonight. You can get a pretty good idea of my meal plan each day as I share with you all what I am eating each day. I had a ham & cheese omelette for breakfast this morning with 3/4 of an ww english muffin.

I am also slowly cutting down my bread & starchy complex carb consumption a bit at a time; I share it with NIKO and he is quite happy about that. I am making good progress with that; this seems to be working much better for me than trying to cut too much out all at once.

Take good care ladies, and do have a terrific Thursday tomorrow ... Rosebud :flow1:

Justwant2Bhealthy 03-11-2010 09:58 PM

HI LADIES ~ whoah, it's been awefully quiet in here lately ... hope our ladies are all OK out there!

PURPLE ~ hope you are feeling OK and that all is right as rain in your life right now. Still sending up prayers for you sister that she is healing well from her surgery. I hope your PC hasn't crashed on you again either ... am sending up prayers for you too!

We had another :sunny: day today with some wind, so it was a bit cooler but the temps came up to the high 50's F which was a bit of a shocker for here. It does cool off at night and will be for tomorrow too with some clouds moving in, but the sun will return ...

I made some more homemade turkey vegetable soup for lunch today and we had fish, veggies, salad, and I had a few sweet potato fries for dinner tonight. So far, so good on my NO JUNKIES challenge; none for this month!

Take good care, and do have yourselves a Fantabulous Friday everyone ... Rosebud :flow1:

ronni62 03-12-2010 08:47 AM

Hi, everyone! Sorry I haven't been here in a bit, but not feeling very well lately. As I had mentioned before, the MS has attacked again, so wasn't feeling well and very tired and now, I've developed a sinus infection and fluid in one ear. I'm so tired that I fall asleep every time I sit down, even holding the laptop computer last night-lol! Good thing I didn't drop it:eek:!

Rosebud-Your weather sounds just wonderful lately! We've actually gotten into the 40's F just yesterday. I can't believe you've had 50's! That's just incredible! Spring really may be close:flow1: I'm glad you've been able to stick with your plan too. You keep inspiring me. I've not been on plan every day, but I have done it this week. I have the problem of eating when I feel bad, both physically and emotionally, but, then, of course, I feel bad because I ate poorly, and on and on. But, I do now understand that each meal is a new start rather than thinking that as long as I messed up already, I just as well quit. Keep up the great work, Rosebud! Your fish and sweet potato fries sound yummy!

Hi to everyone else too! And, welcome to Jeri! We may be gone later this weekend and early next week, as my MIL is having a mastectomy so we'll be going to MN to help her out-I'm sure this is not the way the boys wanted to spend spring break, but family is what's more important. Hope you all have a great weekend! :)

Justwant2Bhealthy 03-12-2010 05:46 PM

:wave: HI RONNI ~ glad that you were able to get in here for a wee bit ... so before you couldn't sleep and now you can't stay awake! :lol: I prayed that GOD would help you sleep; do you want me to pray the other way now? ;)

I used to have some annoying hand and leg tinglies a few years back; I chalked them down to low-sugar syndrome or hyperglycemia. I would get up and walk around or come on my PC for a while and that would usually help; but if it was particularly stubborn, I'd pull out my secret weapon which was 'BEER' ... it always worked. I know that it has sugar in it and it helped me immensely with my pera or peri-menopause systems too -- and most often it would only take about 1/2 cup to 1 cup and I'd lay down and feel much better, then go right off to sleep.

Still have your MIL on my prayer list; thanks for the update ... will pray extra for her, your DH, your family, and for you too. Your family has more health issues right now than most, I think; so I am surrounding you with prayers every day. I'm sure the boys would want to give support to their Grammie at such an important time as this ... they are good boys! They can make that up some other weekend I'm sure.

We had another glorious day of :sunny: and in the 50's F again today; the sun is just in the northwestern skies and thinking about setting and it is still 50 F in the shade ... I just checked our forecast and they are predicting sunshine and similar temps for the next four days; that would be awesome!

Try to take good care of yourself and don't overdo it when you go up (or is it down?) to see your MIL; just enjoy each other's company and give her lots of hugs ... Rosebud :hug::hug::hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy 03-13-2010 08:44 PM

:wave: Just poppin' by to say HI ... we have had 2 more days of awesome temps and lovely :sunny: here. Went shopping yesterday; got some good walking in too. Today, just stayed home and enjoyed this gorgeous weather; spent some time on the deck with NIKO and did some reading. Not much going on around here right now, as DH was off doing his own thang ...

Our snow is melting more and more each day and we have lots more grass showing around our place. Have been eating well on plan, and am doing well on my NO JUNKIES March Self-Challenge ... yeah! :carrot:

Hope you are all well; you are all in my thoughts daily and I am sending up some special prayers for you and yours too ... Rosebud :hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy 03-15-2010 09:37 PM

Well, we had another :sunny: day today and oh the gorgeous stars out there last night and tonight; so close that it seemed like you could almost touch them ... so lovely! With all this sun, our snow is melting like crazy; more than half our front and side lawns are now melted, so with a few more days like this, it should be almost gone (and they are predicting sun for the rest of the week too) ... :carrot:

I just stayed home today and did housechores while DH was out and about doing his hobby thing. Made a roast of pork with lots of roasted veggies; so we have lots leftover for lunch tomorrow and probably another dinner too. I want to wash our car tomorrow as it got all covered in mud when we went for a drive recently; and it's good exercise too. DH says that he will help me do that tomorrow.

I'm keepin' an eye open for my tulips and other flowers in my garden; to see when they will start coming up in the side beds. I am waiting with baited breathe ... the ones that came up last year were lovely.

I think spring is on the way for sure; I am hearing some other birds singing in the trees too -- couldn't see what kind they were as they were too far away, but I am expecting to see the robins anytime now. Some of the bigger birds are already starting the mating moves; the male ravens are getting aggressive and the male doves are swooning ... :lol:

Hope you all are having wonderful weather like we are; have a great week ... Rosebud :flow1:

Sani 03-16-2010 10:13 AM

An awesome sunny day, and here I sit doing what should be my classwork. It is bad enough being an older college student, but Spring Break should really be a break!

I did get to the gym this morning to ride the bike for 30 minutes since I knew I would haven't time later. Will have to do my weights later...at home.

So while I sit and type, I will do some butt squeezes and count down the hours until I get to see my son play his first tennis scrimmage of his high school career. We are all excited! And it will be in the mid 50s today! Nice :)

Justwant2Bhealthy 03-16-2010 04:49 PM

:welcome: to 3FC's and to this thread SANI ~ We were blessed with another :sunny: day again today too. Ya, that would seem like a drag having to stay indoors and type when it is so nice out; but you could take some breaks out in the sun for a few minutes here and there ... good to refresh the mind anyways! :D

Yeppers, can't forget to do those butt squeezes :o ... they are essential and can be done while you are typing too. ;) I often do toning exercises like that whilst I am on my PC and when waiting for things to come up as my PC is a bit slower than others. I have my hand weights and stretchie bands right here handy to use; the rest I just do sitting here.

That will be fun watching your son do a tennis match; hopes he does well. I'm not sure if spring break is the same time here in Canada but I did here from RONNIE that it is in the US this week. Hope you get to enjoy at least some of this time. Do come back and visit us as we love company. Some of our ladies are MIA now.

RONNIE is away giving much-needed support to her MIL and family while she has surgery. We hope that PURPLE is doing OK and the same for her family as they have a lot of stressors and health issues right now too. We went up town today so that I could pick up a few essentials; so I got some good walking in today. We are having chicken drums with bbq sauce and new potatoes, salad, and green beans for dinner ... smells so yummy!

Take good care everyone and hope you have a wonderful Wednesday ... :hug:

valpal23 03-17-2010 10:59 PM

phew. okay. hey everyone. *stumbles in*

soooo.. winter is almost over.

I went to the olympics.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...7&id=180500192

and my brother rolled my car. but he's okay.

hmmm... otherwise life is good. Unfortunatley for me I figured out the amantadine for ms fatigue is no longer working so im hoping to switch meds soon.

and im headed to winnipeg this weekend for a friend's bachlerette party. life is steady that's for sure. I had to stop running for the winter because I ended up with planter fascitis but that's on the mend :)

yep the olympics were amazing

*hug* all the best friends I will try to be back sooner rather then later

valpal23 03-17-2010 11:02 PM

whoops gave you the wrong link. here it is; i hope

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...3&id=180500192

Justwant2Bhealthy 03-18-2010 10:05 AM

HIYA VAL ~ so nice that you dropped by again ... will definitely go look at your pictures. My PC has been giving me some grief the last few days and esp tonight. Every time I try to post, it does something weird, so I'll try to get this one in fast ...

Glad you had a great time at the Olympics; what an awesome experience that must have been for you, and all the memories you have now. I know, life goes on ... we are all trekking along. You have a busy life and a lot to deal with a full-time job and your house and apt; your family and dealing with MS health issues too -- you have a very full plate.

I spent my day today catching up on the laundry, still not done. It was another awesome :sunny: day today ... just had to get out there and enjoy it. We have had over two weeks of straight sunshine here, probably as much as 3 weeks in row, that has to be some kind of record for here and the temps have been up into the 50's F for much of that time. Today was a bit cooler with some winds, but still warm again; perfect for hanging a few clothers outside (had to hang them on the deck rails as I don't have a line here).

I'm thinking of buying a deck clothesline; it fastens onto the side of the deck and you pull it out to hang your laundry, then push it back in when you are done. Our landlord was supposed to put one up for me; but never did, so I am taking action myself. I don't relish spending so much on hydro this summer to dry clothes; and it makes the house too hot also. It is portable, so I can take it with me when we move on.

Our SIL is moving at the end of April to a small house in the country; so they will finally have some peace and quiet; and with her DH having heart health issues, they both will benefit from that. I have been praying hard for this for them and glad for them. She is giving us her livingroom rug for our spare bedroom and that will help keep the floor warm in there.

Had a great OP eating day; I have been doing quite well this month ... no junkies this month. I picked up some roasted peanuts in a shell (no salt) and have a handful of them for a snack if I get hungry, they are healthy for us (lots of protein and good fats). I find that I don't overeat the non-salted ones like I did the salted ones; this is a great victory for me ... to find a healthy snack to replace the other stuff.

We hope to get down south in June this year (if all goes well with our car) for a long overdo holiday to see my sister's (NUMPSTER's) awesome new home/bed & breakfast place; it is so nice. It will be an adventure to us as we are going to go on the ferry from Manitoulin Island to Tobermory too; we always wanted to do that and they are going to meet us there. Some of our family was from Manitoulin Island, Barrie Island, and St. Joseph Island, so I have always wanted to see that area, and so does DH.

HOpe you have a wonderful weekend at your friend's party; congrats to her. I'm so glad to see you having so much fun with all your friends and travelling and enjoying life to the fullest. YOu are making marvellous memories for the future ... take good care of yourself and yes, indeedy, don't be a stranger now as we love hearing from you ... Rosebud :hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy 03-18-2010 10:10 AM

HI LADIES ~ the internet was acting up so badly late last night that I couldn't post, so (thank GOD) I saved all my posts and am just copying them in today ... when I got up this AM, it came back on ... glad that they got that all sorted out! :D

We have a lot of clouds today and had a tinsey, insey, bitsey amount of ***** that was barely detectable and that has now stopped. It was coller this AM (around 0 C so we had to put the heat back on). The sun is trying to peak through and may succeed; but we knew this awesome streak had to come to an end eventually. We took full advantage of it whilst it was here.

Hope you all have a very pleasant day!!! Rosebud :flow1:

TheTigz 03-20-2010 09:44 AM

Hi Ladies,

Long time no post LOL! Hope everyone is fine and fighting the good fight.

Not been so good myself. Having a real bad patch with back and leg pain. Its nearly as bad as when I ended up in the wheelchair. I've had to go back on my sticks and "try" to rest as much as possible LOL. Its not even an option. The past week I've been so sore I've been crying in pain and for the first time in a while, I've been so sore I want to die. Don't worry, I'm not suicidal, that ended when I had my kids and is just not an option for me anymore, but I did try a number of times since being a teenager. But I hope it maybe gives an idea of what level I am at with it. I am sure there are lots of you out there in the same position.

Can barely walk a couple of steps with the sticks just now, which is also driving me nuts as there is so much needing done and that I want to do. But I just can't do anymore than that. I am also losing what little muscle there is in my left leg rapidly, so after the pain HOPEFULLY settles and calms down, I am looking at a balancing act of physio and exercises to build the muscles again and not set myself back into this level of pain again. It sucks.

My ladies night went great. Lots of people bought and loved my jewellery and I've even been commissioned to do a few specialist pieces for people. So I am well happy with that. Here are some links for pics of the stuff I made, please excuse the quality of the pics, my camera has a problem with white balance.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...lgarden009.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...lgarden008.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...lgarden006.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...lgarden004.jpg

Will need to order in more beads etc as I am running out before I start again. Will stop me from going insane in the brain with tha pain tho!

Garden is all finished now and is looking amazing. I need to get seeds planted for the front garden and the kids will help me planting bulbs etc. Just need some good dry weather again. Kids are away visiting bio daddy this weekend, missing them like mad and God knows what crap he will fill their heads with this time. Will spend most of next week sorting them back out. This week they are having a bake sale all week to raise funds to send a child to school in Africa. Been asked to bake cakes - lmao, oh dear. Will just need to buy some this time. Also been asked to hand in 2 recipes for a fundraising cookbook. Don't know if everyone else is the same, but when I do cook, there is no recipe!

Get some chicken, get some veg, throw in pot with stock, cook.

or

Pierce the lid several times and microwave for 8 minutes. Hey presto - Chicken Ding!

They want pics as well ROFL. Will give them one of son before Spaghetti and one after!

Well talking about Chicken Ding has put me in the mood for an Asda Chicken Curry and believe it or not, sitting here having a moan has also taken my mind off the pain for a little bit. Therapy it is.

Take care all and keep posting! It may seem a little thing, but reading the posts here keep me for one going. Rosebud keep up the good work and love to Niko.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Justwant2Bhealthy 03-20-2010 07:30 PM

DEAR TIGZ ~ I'm sorry to hear that you have been having such a hard time with so much pain over the years and now too. I'm glad that you have battled thru that pain and are here to bring up your lovely children: they are your blessing to our world.

Today, I overdid it a bit too; we had to go up town to pick up some things and so I was feeling good and thought -- wow, I'll take a good stroll around and get some extra walking in. We ended up going back twice because we forgot some things; so I ended up walking around four place and now my feet and legs are throbbing, but hey, I used up some calories today for sure.

I will just rest and relax now for the rest of the weekend; and I hope you will do the same. I have to use canes too; when I really overdid it in the past, I too had to use 2 of them to help me be able to walk. When we moved here, I was so exhausted and in so much pain that I had to use 2 canes for a while even here at home and I had to rest a lot to let my body recover.

I love the pics of your jewelry -- and so happy for you that your selling party went so well. That is exactly the kind of stuff I was talking about; the girls here also make chokers (a kind of necklace like you do too), and I see you make earrings too. They also make stretchie bracelets and necklaces, plus long beaded necklaces, and I really like the silver bracelet with the different beads and charms on it. The butterfly necklace set is really pretty too.

Well, I just think they are all very nice and that must have taken you some time to do them all. Good thing that they are something that you can do whilst sitting down too. Have you ever thought of doing stretchie bead bands for glasses? The ones that you put on glasses to hold them around your neck like reading glasses, etc ...

Your good sense of humor will go a long way to help you deal with your pain and your limitaions; as does coming here and reading and visiting with others who really do understand how you feel. We also live with this every day of our lives. Many years ago, some of my pain was so bad that in a prayer I told GOD that couldn't imagine living with it for the next ten years.

Then, in my mind, I heard this comforting whisper ... "Don't even try to get through the next ten years -- you only have to get through the next second of the next minute of the next hour of this day ... and I will help you." And HE did ... That gave me such a new outlook on life and renewed my hope and helped me cope from that day forward; and before I knew it, the pain started to subside.

I found ways to deal with it; new ways to help myself heal by resting more often. DH was the one who suggested the canes; and that also was a huge turning point for me too, as I didn't realize how much they could help me. I also now use ski poles to help me walk in the winter time and on rougher, uneven ground like on grass; as they give me more balance and my arms help keep me upright and take the burden off my back (as do the canes).

I picked up some seed for the side gardens today: regular and garlic chives which are perennials and will grow here and at our lot perpetually. I also got some green beans and summer turnips, which are both easy to grow and good for us with lots of vitamins.

Now, you get lots of rest this weekend while the kiddies are at their Dad's place; and try not to worry about them so much. I will send up some prayers for them and for you for relief from your pain; and healing for your body and mind as well. Can't hurt and can only help, IMHO ... :hug:

TheTigz 03-21-2010 06:58 PM

One day my life will slow down - I have to believe that. I have an ever growing list of things that need done and just not enough hours in the day/days in the week to do them in. Sometimes I wonder how I managed to get so overweight whilst running about like a blue-ar$ed fly and barely having time to fart let alone eat. Then I remember, oh yeah, there's that thing with the pain and the not being able to move after all the running about.

I don't lack energy and I don't lack motivation. If I was not disabled, I would not be anywhere near this size and that just pee's me off. I sometimes feel it is the price I have to pay for the good things in my life and there are lots. My kids, my dogs, my SO, my home, my car, living in one of the most beautiful places in the world... list goes on. I must be due another catastrophe, things have been going too well.

Anyway, enough crap.

VAL - Any pics of Bode Miller? :drool:

ROSEBUD - Strangely enough, I've been asked to make some spectacle chains for a neighbour! And thank you for your kind words, prayers and :hugs: They mean a lot.

I'm going to go now and take my tensions and annoyances out on Ebay!

Cheers all, take care XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Justwant2Bhealthy 03-21-2010 08:39 PM

HI LADIES ~ we had an absolutely gorgeous day with :sunny: all day long, so we just had to go out for a drive to enjoy that. We were out for over 4 hours in total and that was fun. We went out to one of our favorite lakes to see if the ice was melting yet, and it is just starting to right now.

We also went looking at houses that were empty too; a few actually have people in them now. I just hate to see houses sitting empty for months or even years, when I know there are people who would love to live in them, if they would just be more reasonable and put the prices down a bit.

TIGZ ~ maybe you can get someone to help you for awhile; at least to get the essential things done until you are feeling better. Just do what you can in the meantime. :hug:

We had a lovely roast beef with lots of veggies for dinner tonight; got it on a great deal of only $2.00 lb which is a bargoon for here and it was nice and lean and yet still very tender too. I'm afraid I have to confess that I blooped today and caused a blip in my March NO JUNKIES challeng. DH picked up some chippies and I ate about 5-7 before I remembered, "Oops, what am I doing eating these things; I just ruined my own challenge ... :lol:" Oh well, I managed to put a halt to that and at least I didn't eat over a serving which I think is 10 of those little rascals.

I may have ask DH to ban his snacks from the car until we get home; he said he was hungry and opened them and started munching right in front of me. But actually, I am proud that I caught myself in time; in the past I know I would have eaten more than I should have. Sooo ... I will continue on til the end of March; I'm not giving up. My challenge now is NO JUNKIES for the rest of the month ... :D

We watched a movie when we got home: an old classic comedy while we waited for dinner too cook. Hope you all are having lovely weather like us, and are able to enjoy it; take good care ... Rosebud :flow1:

Justwant2Bhealthy 03-23-2010 09:15 PM

HI FRIENDS ~ We were blessed with even more :sunny: today too! It is cooler here right now, as the temps have dropped a bit, but all this glorious sunshine makes up for it. I actually like this time of year when it's sunny and there are no buggies ... :carrot:

I just took it easy today, as I overdid it a bit the last few days and paid for it with sore legs and feet and fatigue. I did get one giant tote filled with all the decos from the tree, but that took me all day yesterday to get it done; and I was zonked by the evening ...

So, I put my legs up for awhile this afternoon and fell asleep ... Thank goodness I woke up just in time to put dinner on -- we were just having fish & baked fries (mine were sweet potato fries), with coleslaw, tomatoes, and baby cukes, so that didn't take too much time.

HI TO PURPLE ~ still am sending up prayers for you and your family, and your PC; we miss you and hope that you are OK!!! :hug:

HI TO RONNI ~ sending up lots of prayers for you and your family at this time of loss. I sent up pile of prayers for your Dad, LARS -- and I am so thankful for GOD's grace and mercy: that he went home peacefully and quickly ... :hug: to you all!!! :hug:

HI TIGZ ~ hope you are feeling much better today and having fun with your kiddies back home this week.

HI VALDINE ~ it was so nice to have you visit with us again recently; hope you are feeling well and that you get your meds all straightened out soon too ...

I just did our usual daily stuff today, but that gave me extra time to send up some prayers for all our friends here, who have special needs at this time. Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday tomorrow; and do take good care of yourselves ... Rosebud :flow1:

rebeccamichelle777 03-24-2010 04:54 AM

Okay now I can post my url for osteo arthritis exercise blog!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebeccamichelle777 (Post 3183677)
I was tired of feeling disappointed when I looked into a new work out regime and could not do nearly 70% of the exercises due to squats, lunges, jumps, etc...:tantrum:

So recently I did some brainstorming on how to get a good lower body or overall body work out without ending up with swollen knees for the next 2-3 days.:flame:

http://osteoarthritisexercises.blogspot.com/

Okay ladies here is my blog for my osteo arthritis exercises I use in my interval training. Hope they are useful for other people with limited mobility also.

Rebecca:D

TheTigz 03-24-2010 05:14 PM

Watching American Idol, hehehehe, sipping on a low-cal hot chocolate and typing at the same time. If you see a big brown splash, I've got them all mixed up LOL

Well......... I am my own worst enemy! LOL. Spent the last few days Spring cleaning ROFL. I have a massive sense of achievement... and a massive pain in my back! We moved to this house just under a year ago and it was so quick in getting organised, we never decorated or anything, just moved in and said we would deal with it later. Well, we're getting there! YAYYYYY! SO has been installing some second hand doors we got from Evilbay and has been painting the woodwork. Previous tenants painted it grey:?: Now its lovely brillaint white. Looks great with the wood floors and doors now. I've been gutting our daughter's room and re-organising so she has more space. Also sorted through 5 years worth of documents (massive box of em) ended up the shredder overheated! But its another job done and a another one of my list. I'm a bit OCD with lists, started them to help remember things and it sorta took on a life of its own. I've also been eating very well the last few days, mainly because we've just been soooo busy, but I am sure I've burned off a fair few calories. Now I just need the sun to start shining and I can hit the garden! Rest???? You must be joking! LOL This is the torture of my life, I have all this energy, this enthusiasm and a body that can't cope. Godammit. It literally is torture for me.

Thanks for the link Rebecca. Looks similar to some of the stuff I do with my band, but I can't take credit for making the exercises up, need to thank Avon for that.

Rosebud - Send me some sunshine! And stop over-doing it! LOL

Well, I'm off to email my mum. Sending her Rebecca's link as my mum has osteoarthritis too, and strangely enough she was also a ballet dancer.....hmmmmm:?:

Take care all! XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX