Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 12:28 PM   #31  

Mima - glad to hear you made it safely and are now enjoying warmer weather. It is beautiful here, but certainly NOT hot. No snow and none in the long range forcast, so everyday without it shortens the winter. It is 16F right now, but of course, going up to about 42 today and tomorrow, well that will be a little blast of summer - up into the 60's!! Have the windows open and that nice cool, fresh air is making it's way in. I sure hope all goes well for your daughter.

Joanne - glad you had a good trip. I was the same way when I held my gbabies. It is just overwhelming to see these perfect little ones. I got to get my hands on a 7 week old baby last Monday (my 2nd cousins baby). What a pleasure it is to hold those wonderful little beings.

Tammy - Well, now you get to go visit with Kate. Aren't you just the Florida traveller It is sooooo nice to be able to meet the people you talk to. Perhaps, one day, you will come visit me during the summer.

Kate - Did hubby find a new car? I hate not having my own car, but one day I guess we will be down to one. I won't like that, as I like to come and go as I please. I guess you reap what you sow, Kate! My kids don't come asking for money, but they do need occassional babysitting and that is fine with me. It might be more if I lived closer, but when I do go babysit it is for a few days usually. I love it though, as I get to spend time with my favorite little people. I would NOT want to do it all the time, however. They have parents and it's there job to raise them. I have already, been there, and done that! It seems that my kids decided everything they hated, when growing up, would be gone for their kids. We will see how that works for them. All these parents want to be "friends" with their kids, instead of parents. Friendship comes later, after they have grown up. Just my thoughts.

Here is a website that has some good daily menu planning sheets if you want to take a look. You can print them off http://lds.about.com/od/visualmusica...l_planning.htm

I am making chicken broth right now and then will make soup later on today. Also, doing up some Cranberry Chicken as I LOVE that.

Everybody have a good day and get out and enjoy it.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:56 AM   #32  

Here's a funny to start your day. Hope you enjoy it!

Don't send a man to the grocery store
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YFRUSTiFUs

Where are you Meme and Candice. I haven't posted for awhile, but you two are really late. Come say HI!
Old 11-05-2009, 10:05 AM   #33  

Mima, keep us posted on Suzanne.

Anne, I love having the windows open too to let in the fresh air. I just may get to visit you sometime! How do you make cranberry chicken? I'll be checking out those sites.

The Emmaus Walk begins tonight, so I won't be on here until Monday probably. Everyone have a great weekend!
Old 11-06-2009, 10:30 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 267/261/145

Height: 5'2

Good morning all. I'm doing a quick post and then off to have myself a "me" day!! I'm making some whole grain banana muffins and key lime tarts for some friends today. Got all my housework done yesterday so I can do whatever I like today....(which may end up bathing Queenie)....we'll see.
Thanks for the youtube giggles, Anne. That was a funny clip about the pound cakes! Yes, hubby did find a 4 cylinder Chevy Tracker to run back and forth to work with. He seems very pleased with it so far and I have already detailed the pick up truck so it looks like it came off the showroom floor! I still need to re-clean a couple of tiny areas of the carpet but it looks 100% better without all the dust and dirt and such. The leather seats had a conditioning treatment too. It actually feels good driving a "big" car for a change!
Having a lot of discomfort with the PT on my shoulder past couple of days. It feels like it is giving me a stiff neck....kind of like if I had slept wrong on it but haven't.....know what I mean? At least the dentist didn't have to "build up" the tooth for the new crown so I saved about $300 on that bill. That made my day....
Off to get my cooking done. Anne, I would be interested in that Cranberry Chicken dish as well. Could you post the ingredients for us??? Hope everyone enjoys their day....very windy here in FL past few days and a bit cloudy too. Cooler weather is suppose to be moving in this weekend....can't wait to get my house opened up again!! Bye for now.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:45 AM   #35  

Default H

Lost my post in the middle of finishing off. Oh well ,I guess it is best to not bother you with my whinning.. Been running to doctors and labs this week. not feeling all that well lately..
I am looking for a me day too. I seem to be busy all the time..
Everybody have a good weekend...Joanne
Old 11-06-2009, 03:14 PM   #36  

Hi. Candice gave us this recipe a few years ago. I think it was something like 6 points on WW,. It really is good.

CRANBERRY CHICKEN (One of my favorites)

1 1/2 to 2 pounds chicken (boneless and skinless) (I use chicken breasts)
1 can (16 oz) whole berry cranberry sauce
1 bottle (8 oz) of French, Thousand or Catalina salad dressing (I like it best with the Catalina dressing)
1 package of dried onion soup mix.

Mix cranberries,dressing and soup mix in crockpot and then add chicken and make sure it is coated.
Cook on low setting for 8 hours. Mmmmmm!!

Can also use pork chops in place of chicken.

great over rice, noodles or potatoes.

Can also be done in the oven.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange chicken in a 0x13 baking pan. In a medium bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients. Pour mixture over the chicken and bake, 45 minutes for boneless chicken. or 1 hour for bone in chicken.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:35 PM   #37  
Being A Better Me!

S/C/G: 211/191/150lbs

Height: 5'5"

Hey guys.... I'm back again... I'm doing horrible. My fibromyalgia has just gotten worse. It hurts so bad to move but I need to in order to stay healthy... but my weight keeps rising. I feel so lost. I keep gaining weight and my pain just keeps getting worse.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:02 AM   #38  

Hi Migo-sorry about your pain. Do you go to a rheumotologist? You need to keep moving. Do you have access to a pool? And a hot tub>
When I first got fibro , I could hardly walk-it took a long time to feel better.Right now I have hip pain because I have been walking.
Been waking up at 4-do not like that. Probably the time change.
Suzanne has been sick for 2 days.
We went to the beach to look at the hotel Bob and Pam are going to stay at in Feb. Now they are booking it. This is going to be a riot-I can see pam walking to the beach in her wedding dress. She is coming down next week so we will have lunch.
Art meeting this morning-it's been so busy and I am not settled in. But mostly.
Sorry you haven't been well, Joanne. It's always good to hear from you Anne, and Tammy -hope the walk goes well. Mima
Old 11-07-2009, 11:42 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 267/261/145

Height: 5'2

Good morning all. Joanne and Migo....right there with ya! I have been having a terrible time with the FM lately. Not quite sure what the next step should be because this time it doesn't seem to be subsiding at all. Maybe it's time for me to see a rheumotologist to see what other treatments are available and do some blood work to see what else might be going on. I can hardly evn get out of bed in the morning. Stretching does help some and I try to keep moving all day because if I stop....I freeze up. I sure do get tired by the end of the day!
Thanks for the recipe Anne. I will have to make my own cranberry sauce with Splenda because of the amount of sugar in regular but I have done it before and it isn't that difficult. Cranberries have a lot of natural pectin so it should be thick enough for your recipe. I'll let you know how it comes out?
Mima, you are on the west coast of FL, right? Sounds like you are closer to Joanne than me? Just wondering....
Hubby has today off so he is running around getting his new (used) car set up for work. He has to cover the seat and steering wheel, put floor mats in....his job sends him home pretty dirty sometimes and he wants to keep the vehicle from getting too crapped up. Always looking at the resale aspect of it!
Finally opened up the house last night....and it is sure windy here! Queenie was good about barking too for a change! Ususally she barks at every little thing when we first open up the house until she gets used to the noises and such. She did much better than I anticipated last night.......hope I haven't spoken too soon!!!
Enjoy the rest of the day, folks! Hope everyone is hanging in there!
Old 11-08-2009, 01:13 PM   #40  

Just got home from church-Brad's stomache is upset and I have headache-probly from the chlorine.
I signed up to tutor at the school affiliated with the church.Now I just have to drive there! But I will,
I have had a lot of fm lately-My feet hurt in the am and all I take is Tylenol.
I am on the West coast but not near Joanne but we did meet in Tampa. It was so nice.Maybe we can do it again/Brad was going to a train show.
Nap time. Mima
Old 11-09-2009, 02:11 PM   #41  

Default Hey There

Must be the weather.. My arthritis has been giving me a fit, lots of pain. I have been on antibiotics for a bladder infection. I see a uroligist next week. One of the things I least like to do..
The storm will miss us. i was hoping for some rain out of it..Joanne
Old 11-10-2009, 06:58 AM   #42  

It's so humid. I loved the Waist Watchers group I went to yesterday-really nice ladies.
We went to a health fair yesterday-Brad got his flu shot and I found out I can have my cataracts operated on, I can't read signs and I have night blindness.
Art this morning. Shot this afternoon.
Meeting Bob's gf at the beach tomorrow for lunch. She's flyiing down to check things out. .hi Joanne -hate those Uti's . I take a med each day to prevent them.
I bought a set of Psalgraff sp? dishes at the Salvation Army store-service for 8. 29$
Hi all-Mima
Hope you had a good weekend Tammy. and Kate and Anne
Old 11-11-2009, 06:45 PM   #43  

Default Hey There

Hello Everybody,, We did not get near enough rain yet.. I an disappointed.
Mima-I plan to rejoin Weight Watchers next week. I just can't seem to do this alone.. I guess I haven't learned as much as I thought.. I know the plan. I guess I just need group support.
I spent some time this afternoon with my brother and his wife. They are here from Az. till the first of December. They have a large R V they travel in.
Tomorrow I go get blood work and pneumonia shot.
This is short.. I am not feeling very well. Indigestion is no fun..
Joanne
Old 11-12-2009, 08:09 AM   #44  

My ibs has been kicking up too.
It's a girl and she is fine. Suzanne's bloodwork was normal. Praise God.
Lillian Elizabetabeth-Sue's mil said that those 2 names didn't go together and Sue got mad and mil wouldn't go on the elevator. Lillian is Sue's grandmother and Elizabeth is Sue's middle name.
I did an exercise dvd/ Ouch.
Meeting Pam -Bob's gf at the beach for lunch.
Hey Kate and Tammy-are you ok? And Anne.
Bye for now-Mima
Old 11-12-2009, 09:33 PM   #45  

I have tried to get on here a few times this week, and it wouldn't let me any of those times. I was surprised tonight when it worked! Technology is wonderful.

Kate, I hope your shoulder is feeling better by now. If you want to come and do detail work on my van, I would appreciate it. Glad to hear Queenie did ok with the open windows.

Joanne, are you feeling better? I know running from doctor to doctor can wear a person out. Enjoy your time with your brother and his wife.

Anne, I copied down the recipe, and I plan to try it soon! Sounds delicious.

Migo, hang in there! Keep coming and chatting. Sometimes just venting does a person good.

Mima, I like the name Lillian Elizabeth. Does my vote count?

The Emmaus Walk was amazing. We had a couple of women who I didn't think were getting much out of it. By the end of the weekend, everyone was blessed. The Pilgrims as well as all of us on the Team. My Talk was the last one of the weekend. I felt like it went well. People said it did, but I always wonder if they are just being nice. lol I know it hit home with some people, and I actually stopped reading from my papers and was just talking to them. Had my arms flying around too, but I always talk with my hands!

I have had a terrible time with exhaustion this time. I'm always tired after a Walk weekend, but usually by Tuesday I'm doing ok. Not this time!

Hope I don't have any more problems getting in here!!
Closed Thread