Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 10-16-2018, 06:28 AM   #1  

Default Please any help? X

Hi,

I’m 50, going through menopause,have pcos and fibromyalgia, depression and anxiety. Great combo!

I am on here for help as a last resort as the weight is just piling on and I seem to have absolutely no energy, desire, willpower to do anything about it.

I’ve always battled with my weight but this is the heaviest i’ve ever been at 15.13. I’m 5’4.

I thought maybe some of you lovely ladies may be able to help and offer some advice, esp if in the same position.

I’ve just come off fluoxetine and the dr has prescribed Amitriptyline for insomnia and chronic pain from the fibromyalgia , so i’ve Been on that for 4 weeks now, not a lot of help with the pain, has helped a little with sleep but the 3 tabs give me a headache badly so will need to stick to 2 (20mg) to see how that is.

I have been up and down with my weight for years.. up to 15.9...then down to 11...and then up and down constantly.

I usually cut cals to lose weight and use the wii step and walking...but its not that easy for me now as i’m In constant pain...but I just can’t bear to put on any more weight. The depression and pain is very bad at the moment and my weight isn’t helping..

I would so much appreciate any help I can get from their forum.

Many thanks ❤️
Drizzle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 11:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi Drizzle68: I'm 54 with FM, hypothyroid, and unconfirmed Celiac disease (because I refuse to gluten up for a test after several years of eating wheat free). There's a really good thread that's pinned in the 'stickies' of the Dieting With Obstacles forums. It's called Fibromyalgia, I suggest you take a look there first. Lots of good info and support although, as you know, it can be difficult to keep up with social media when you aren't feeling your best. I take it you are in the UK as it looks like your weight is in stone? Hang in there. Exercise is not as important to weight loss as you might think. As the saying goes it's 80/20 https://makeyourbodywork.com/eating-vs-exercise/ In my pre-FM days I used to be a fitness instructor and a physical rehabilitation assistant.
You might also want to join MyFitnessPal (free online forums like here) and join the 'Fitness With Fibromyalgia' Forum. I'm on there too and there seems to be a bit more chat activity there. Lots of information, scientific studies links, personal experiences, and support. Here's the link: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/e...h-fibromyalgia
I will try to remember to check these forums a bit more often in case you come back for a look
Liana

I forgot to add - I am thru menopause just last year so I understand what else you are having to deal with. hugs!

Last edited by canadjineh; 11-05-2018 at 11:40 PM.
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote