3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Dieting with Obstacles (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dieting-obstacles-14/)
-   -   PHYSICAL CHALLENGES ~ August (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dieting-obstacles/178091-physical-challenges-%7E-august.html)

Justwant2Bhealthy 08-15-2009 07:27 PM

HI PURPLE ~ well, I am starting my post all over again becuz of those ads on the right side of my screen; if your mouse even just touches the edge of the ad, it pops up and won't leave as it should: it keeps putting up more pop-ups. So it caused me to lose my post altogether ...

Anyways, I was asking you if you are taking any ANTIBIOTICS for your tooth extraction becuz that can cause what my doctor calls "YEAST-INDUCED ECZEMA". As you know that is what I had on my right palm and ankle and it is now all gone thanks to 2 things: #1 -- an anti-fungal salve and #2 -- pat drying my spots with paper towels, instead of cloth towels. If your immune system is taxed or compromised in any way, it makes it harder for your body to fight this off.

So glad that you are feeling better, and that you had a good visit with your family too. Nice to see you back here posting as well; we always miss your pleasant posts when you are not here. We were picking blueberries; which grow naturally here. We have lots of clay soil here, but also lots of sandy areas too where blueberries just love to grow.

That's a funny story about Cadbury going after the milk; I'm sure that he just thought he was helping them out with their spilt milk ... :lol: Yes, NIKO is a real character too, just like our funny girls were. I think furry canines not only give us much love but they also supply us with lots of fun and laughter too, which is why we love them so much, I'm sure!

We are having hot days again (100+F in the sun, but thank GOD some clouds have rolled in and the temps are cooling off for us to 80F in the shade now). My prayers have been heard and answered as we are having our summerfest here this week; and it was a big day today, so we don't want people dry-roasting out there. DH was busy helping them out today; doing his duty for GOD and his community ... :lol:

It's been too hot here to do much cooking; so we've been eating very late some nights. We've been having EZ things like stir-fries, hamburglers, hot dogs, and bangers (big lean sausages) ... whatever is quick and easy to make. The hot temps here are very unusual for this area; and we will be glad when it gets back to seasonal August temps (which is usually in the 70's F). The clouds have provided some relief; I hate to think what the temps would have been like today, without them. :dizzy:

Well, DH should be home soon for his dinner; I should get my legs up for a while, as I haven't put them up today. Was doing a lot of reading and such on the net today. Take good care ladies and hope you all have a SUPERBLY RESTFUL SUNDAY!!! :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

purpleorc 08-16-2009 09:22 AM

Hello fellow chickadee's

Well the past 24 hours have been fruitful and I have managed to get my household chores done for this weekend. I have washed the towels, bed linen and clothes. So have been a busy bee. I did the last of the clothes laundry today which I pegged outside and prayed it stayed on the line rather than in next door :o with the wind being so strong. The wind is not a cold wind but lovely to help it not feel so hot with the sun. I had visions of going round and asking can I have my smalls back please :^:

ROSEBUD Until recent years we did not see blueberries in our shops but in the last few years they have taken off with people whom want to eat a healthier dinner. I noticed in the gardening magazine that my parents have delivered you can purchase a blueberry plant to grow. I am not sure that if any farmers plant this crop to be harvested and sold in supermarkets. Most of what I see is imported from USA.

I am not on antibiotics now though was quite a few weeks ago for the abscess I experienced. I did hear that certain drugs may induce flare ups of eczema. So it maybe another reason as to why I have a flare at the minute. I am on steroidal cream which is now getting things under control nicely. A few more days of that treatment then on to moisturising cream that I am prescribed until it is complete vanished. A flare up comes so quickly but takes so much longer to get back to normal. I know also from the drugs that are called antibiotics it may give you thrush either oral or genital. This is because it kills all bacteria and we do need a certain amount in our body to remain healthy.

Yes dogs can give you so much pleasure in so many ways with their own personalities and traits. Not to forget the mischievous antics that they get up too. I will be seeing tonight the further adventures of Cadbury the chocolate covered Labrador I want to see what other things he's doing that maybe he shouldn't. One thing comes to mind that when my parents had a dog many years ago one of the naughty things he did. They had a bowl full of unshelled nuts well until he was caught "red pawed" shall we say he had been helping himself to the nuts from under the coffee table :D, The crafty little blighter was going into the other room and going behind the sofa and eating his stolen wares there. It was not until the day that the sofa was pulled out to be hoovered did the misdemeanour come to light. Needless to say after that the nuts were put out of reach. Goodness knows why he had got a taste for them :dunno:

DH took me out for lunch today so that has made things easier for me. I had chicken for lunch with vegetables so a reasonably healthy dinner. I don't envy the poor girls that cook the dinner it must be very hot in the kitchen as I know this place does not have air conditioning. It is a new business so luxury items like air conditioning come down the the list of priorities. She is building up the business successfully and has a solid client base of mainly the elderly. The food is something they would cook at home plus at a very reasonable price for senior citizens of £3.00 or with a desert I think it is either £3.50 or £4.00. So at least they get one good home cooked meal down them a day. If they do not eat so much else through out the day they would still remain healthy.

Hello :wave: to LIZABETH, NUMPSTER, VAL, MEOWEE, RONNIE & IARADAJNOS I hope you are all enjoying your weekend off whatever you maybe doing. I hope the weather is not too hot and humid where every in the world you maybe. A special mention to MEOWEE to say I am thinking of you. I hope that you have made a little progress on that road to recovery :hug:

Must shoot so till next time take care ladies and I will drop by soon

:wave:purpleorc :hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy 08-17-2009 01:06 AM

:wave: HI LADIES ~ we had another scorcher today, and it took longer to cool down; we have all the screens open on windows and doors. Relief is finally here. They say it is supposed to be cooler tomorrow ... sure hope they are right, as we need a break from these unbelievable hot temps!

HI PURPLE ~ glad you got things done that you wanted to today; and even went out to lunch today. That new little restaurant sounds great; love the idea of home cooked meals for a decent price. Seems your energy levels are improving for you and that's great.

YES, you can buy BLUEBERRIES plants, but my books say that you need 2 different kinds of plants to cross pollinate them; kinda like apples, for instance. Most places that sell them should know that and sell the right two types. Like we had to buy 2 different kinds of apples trees; one is a pollinator -- the crab apple, and the other is the regular apple tree. They also like acidic soil: meaning sandy soil. They now sell high-bush blueberry plants and these are much easier to pick too, than the low-lying ones we have here.

Well, we had chicken with new potatoes, salad, and veggies for dinner tonight; and had a mini-sub for lunch (made with a whole wheat hot dog bun) and a cup-a-soup. I just took it easy today and did some reading and other small stuff today, including my usual daily stuff. Didn't feel like doing much in this heat; you just want to go to sleep.

Well, it's late, so time to go to bed now that it is cooler too. We have a few errands to do this week; our toaster broke so we need to look for another one. Take good care ladies and please do have a MARVELLOUS MONDAY tomorrow!!! :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

purpleorc 08-17-2009 12:09 PM

Hello and afternoon

Well today the weather can not decide what it wants to do one minute it is black clouds in the sky threatening rain and then the next it is brilliant sunshine. The sun seems to have won for today as we have had no rain :carrot:

Today we have had steamed vegetables with some lamb I had already cooked in the freezer so I just defrosted that to have with it. For dessert I did a sugar free protein pudding that I had once bought off the INTERNET. They do seem very filling so the high protein content does help keep hunger at bay.

I have already made the pack up for tomorrow to take to the MS centre and made a yogurt sugar free jelly to take also. I have already prepared the sandwiches we are having for tea whilst I was doing the pack up. So I am well on my way to having tea sorted.

ROSEBUD Aha that goes a long way into explaining why my friends had two plants it must have been for the pollination purposes. Though theses plants were low to the ground rather than the higher blueberry crop you have described.

Well my energy levels plummeted last night so I went to bed early and did not get up that early either. I haven't done anything today that was not the bare essentials. I suspect this is linked to the fact I require oxygen therapy to top them up again.

Friend just dropped around whilst I was in the middle of posting this so a break in the proceeding and I finishing making tea as it was getting on for that time. It was nice to see him briefly for a cuppa :coffee: and a catch up on events. He also has a dog but he is very elderly now at 14 years old with a few health issues. At night apparently he paces up and down for no reason it is made worse for they has they have a wooden floor and you can hear the tapping of his nails as they make contact with the floor. At night noise seems that much louder especially when you are trying to get some shut eye.

I hope you have another method of cooking toast bar your toaster. Here in the UK most of our cookers have a griller or broiler I think it maybe known to you. Years ago they used to be above the areas where you boil water etc about eye level. Then in there infinite wisdom they decided to put them at waist level beneath the area were you boil water but above the oven itself. I understand that not everybody is tall like me but it would be nice to have that choice as it means now I can no longer see how toast is fairing. The amount of toast I have burnt is unbelievable so I tend to stick to the toaster as much as possible. I use the very little as I have a George foreman grill for my meat/vegetables that need to be cooked in this manner. My toaster though at times can be a be lethal, not dangerous lethal I may add. What I mean that once in a blue moon it decides to launch you toast into space. It then ricochets into either Rizzie's water bowl or his food bowl on numerous occasions. It doesn't do it frequently enough to buy a new one so we stick with our faithful space launching toaster :D

Nothing else left to rabbit on about for now so I will go and tackle a few pots in the kitchen left from tea. Tell next time ladies take care and hope you have had a fabulous MONDAY

Justwant2Bhealthy 08-17-2009 10:56 PM

:wave: HI LADIES ~ the weather was much, much nicer today; cooler with a nice breeze all day. It was so heavy at some point that it broke off one of my church chime rods, so DH has to fix it for me. Guess I'll have to nail him about it tomorrow as he told me that he would fix it tonight and didn't; did something else instead, then was off to bed early ... hmmm ... I think he forgot!

HI PURPLE ~ hope your therapy and picnic all turn out well for you and your DH tomorrow. We went up town and found a new toaster without all those electronic buttons that stop working after a while. It didn't cost much but we figure if it even lasts a year, it is worth it for the low price. We bought three new ones at much higher prices and they all conked out on us: the most expensive one, the electronics got all screwed up and we couldn't get it to work anymore. The second one caught fire. The third one just died and did nothing ... DH was so peeved by that point that he tossed it out the door, and I mean literally out into the back yard! After he calmed down a bit, I insisted that he retrieve it and just throw it in the trash! :lol:

We have had many adventures with toasters ourselves; so far, this new one is working pretty good. I really like the fact that the slots are extra wide to accommodate English Muffins and Bagels, becuz I found some bagels here for only 220 C's for the whole bagel; and I love having them for breakfast: so quick and easy. I think WW has one for only 150 calories but they cost quite a bit more here.

Your friend's dog may be unsettled or uncomfortable if he is pacing a lot at night (unless he has always done this). It may have something to do with his health issues; are they serious ones? Could he be too hot? I know NIKO gets up and moves around a lot when he is too hot, and we've had hot and humid weather here lately. Ya, 14 years is getting up there for a dog; our girls were 14 and 15.5 years old when they passed.

I got quite a bit of walking in today (kudos 2 me); but I did eat a bit more than usual ... OH WELL, tomorrow's another day. I have days like that now and then; but I think that it may all even out in the end though. Had a small lunch and dinner (credit moi); but the faux pas came in the snacking area, so I can learn something through this experience for the future. "Eat good food; but not too much! :lol:

My feet are a bit sore; always pay a bit when I over do it. Time to put them up and do a bit more reading in my books; got two on the go now. Take good care ladies, and I hope that you all have A TERRIFIC TUESDAY!!! :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

purpleorc 08-18-2009 09:47 AM

Hello and good afternoon fellow chicks

I have just returned from my oxygen therapy today so thought whilst I have this cuppa I will take the opportunity to make a short post. The weather cloudy but not cold in any way.

Last night took a stroll with DH for my daily exercise with the heat of the day gone it was a lovely walk I must say and we both enjoyed the experience.

ROSEBUD Took my pack up with us today but my picnic is an indoor variety ;) so nothing as glamorous as you. Unfortunately one of our volunteers was not here this morning to help DH with the tanks this was due to the fact her father had past away. I would not imagine he was that old as she is only in her early twenties. Not a nice area to eat outside as it is an industrial estate and no such spare space available.

So helped DH as much as possible with the operation of the tank after I had completed mine. I have never operated one so was reliant on DH instructions. At least we did not have to cancel and everyone got their oxygen therapy treatment who had booked which is the main thing.

My friends dog's health issues goes with anyone getting old, your hearing going and your sight not what it used to be. Due to the eye sight failing she bumps into things occasionally. Though in the dog world 14 is a ripe old age.

There was a documentary on the other day and it was called 100 years and the girl guide movement. It is now the centenary of their forming. It showed how they helped in both the first and second world war. Also there ethos that no one was to be excluded not matter what race, colour , creed, religion or disability. One of these values connected with disability children shamefully were classed as ineducable if they were disabled so children born or acquired disability had little or no formal education. The guide movement addressed this issue and set up a school called trefoil (after the three leaved clover badge synonymous with the guides) to give education to these forgotten children. The school closed in 1975 I think when by this time children were being integrated into schools as they should have been in the first place. The programme brought back memories for me as I was once a brownie then went on to be a guide. I went camping on several occasions to various campsites near by. I even went to a camp were there was guides from other countries that was so good getting to know those girls but learning something from their culture.

Nothing further to report today plus I am rather tired after treatment. So I am going to have a little rest to recharge those batteries. Till next time bye bye and take care

Justwant2Bhealthy 08-19-2009 02:06 AM

:wave: HI LADIES ~ well, the weather here today was really nice; a little warmer than they expected, but with an terrific breeze all day that made it so very lovely. I had hoped to go out to the lot today or tomorrow, but other things got in the way of that plan.

DH was having a few problems with the car; albeit minor, but they have to be dealt with. He had to take a load of stuff to the dump and that's when he noticed it; he managed to change one part himself and has to take the car in tomorrow AM for the other minor thing (a sweaky bearing or something like that); hey, it could be a lot worse. He is trying to get the car in tiptop shape for the winter; don't blame him on that really, plus, we may have to buy a couple of new tires this year too.

So, all I did was minor house stuff around here today; tomorrow will be doing some laundry while the car gets fixed up. We hope to get away on Thursday or Friday, so we'll see; the weather reports sound encouraging.

PURPLE ~ I am so glad that your therapy went well for you; and that you and your DH were able to figure things out so that all the others were able to get theirs in too; that was so nice of the both of you too. Kudos 2 you both for getting that walk in.

We don't do a really fancy picnic but we do have a picnic lunch each time we go away. I just buy us stuff that we really like and why not? We all need to take good care of ourselves I think. I really like to make mini-subs or sandwiches; or if I have chicken on hand, we take that (as you know, I love chicken). I take my container of cut-up veggies and dip (just lite ranch dressing) plus lots of fruit and pudding cups (mine are sugar-free); boiled eggs or cold beans; just anything that is healthy and/or filling really.

We took our BBQ up to the lot BUT we have never used it up there yet. So, we plan on bringing it home again soon since we are quite happy with the varied lunches that we take from home, which are much easier for us anyways and less hassle really.

I picked up a professional stainless steel thermos the other day to take coffee or tea. The one we had is great for iced drinks but not for hot ones; this one is supposed to keep it HOT for a long time, so we'll see when I try it out next time we go. We often eat our picnic indoors, but it depends where we are, of course. Sometimes we go to a picnic place or by a lake or sometimes to the cottage or wherever. We ate in our car when we went blueberry picking to avoid those huge horse flies; I don't know what they are called elsewhere, but they are the 747 of flies and they pack a horrible bite. I got one bite on my face that left a bump bigger than a quarter in size. :yikes:

Anyways, I just had a shower and it's getting really late; I fell asleep on the sofa, but woke up around midnight. Will have to get some more sleep as soon as I'm done on here; I just didn't want to miss posting if at all possible. Hope all you ladies are doing well this week and we hope that you have A WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY tomorrow!!!

TAke good care of yourselves ... :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

purpleorc 08-19-2009 08:53 AM

Hello ladies

Just returned from the weekly grocery shop which is kind of murder at the minute with the kids been off school. So many people down the aisle that it make shopping difficult oh for when they go back to school :D Sound right grumpy but you can really tell that children are off school by the numbers in the day it is normally relatively quiet. Though of course parents take time off in the school holidays to care for the children so then they take the opportunity to go in the day time which is a luxury to them with normally being at work.

Today if very hot and humid though made easier by a breeze but I sure does sap your energy with have this heat. I do not know how you all cope with the really high temperatures of summer day after day. Plus carry on with your normal daily routine of house work it is beyond me. Let alone hold down full time jobs which you may have done at one part of your life.

ROSEBUD I hope you got some sleep after waking up on the sofa in the early hours of the morning. The trouble is for me sometimes if I take a nap in the day I can have trouble going to sleep at night or wake up rather early in the day. Then by the afternoon I am flagging and needing sleep so thus becomes a vicious circle.

I also have a flask though not the profession stainless steel variety. The one I own keeps things hot for 8 hours. Though I would say it would be 6 hours kind of piping hot then after that it does start to cool down rather but it still is warm at 8 hours and just about drinkable. I always take our flasks when we are out for a trip on the road it sure does cut down on the costs of coffees or teas in service station which are costly. We even take our flasks on holiday so our day trip out we have a coffee whilst out. I have also bought 4 drinks bottles that inside the middle section can go in the freezer and this becomes frozen. Then when you make your drink or water this middle section goes in keeping water cooler for longer period of time. We saw these bottles on offer when on a grocery trip buy one get one free or known here at BOGOF. We have used these on road trips also and have proved successful.

:fr: those horse flies sound vicious little blighter's, I have just had a look on the INTERNET to see what they were. I think nearly all varieties of horse fly are in North America lets hope they don't want to take a holiday across the pond to the UK :D

I hope those minor tweaks with the car have been sorted today so that the car is in prime condition for the forth coming winter months. Do you have to put chains on your tires in winter to give grip on the snow? I have seen this method used once on television but I do not know if you have to take this precaution.

Well today on our shopping trip DH went through the normal rigmarole of looking for a cheap brand of drinking chocolate that is low calorie. Well I have tried all that is on offer and to be honest they are horrid :barf: Nothing comes close to the Cadbury drink chocolate 40 calories per mug and you just add water. Well today I ended up calling him Scrooge (he his anything but normally so generous) but he has this bee in his bonnet about the cost of the drinking chocolate. Yes I know it is costly but you get what you pay for. I am very good with the house keeping money and can make meals reasonable prices per day so my one little luxury (not to mention chocolate fix per day ;)) Would you believe it the word Scrooge did the trick he relented and put the chocolate in the shopping trolley himself. When I did the shopping myself and did not need help he only ever saw the grand total so to speak so never questioned it. Though going shopping weekly has opened his eyes to the prices I think it was a rude awakening at first :D

Must make a start on writing to Auntie in Cyprus as it is my turn to write but just have not seemed to get round to. So I want to make a concerted effort over the next few days to write it and post it. I gave a card to my mum for my niece's birthday this Thursday I am sure she will be thirteen as she is three years younger than the eldest of 16. The two younger nieces are only 16 months apart. So for my sister when they were little it was a tough time but it is OK now they are older as they are close in age. Ranging from 10 to 16. After this summer there while be only one child at primary school gosh it doesn't seem that long since they were starting school. Now two will be at secondary school and one starting college in September.

Well time to go and write some of this letter so till next time ladies look after yourselves and take care

Lizabeth2 08-19-2009 11:39 AM

This morning

Hello all! My computer was acting up and trying to fix, I deleted cookies and then had to find out how to get back here. Anyway, I hope your eczema is better by now, P O. I get it on my elbows and they tell me it's cause is my hypothyroid but I cannot see why.:dizzy: We never did get to pick blueberries and the season is almost over. A call to the farm tells us they are still open but it takes longer to get the same amount.
The heat is 84 today and it wouldn't be bad if it wasn't so humid. I am trying to clean out some cupboards and get rid of stuff not used including dishes. I don't have large amounts of people at one time anymore and don't need a lot. :^: I have this forgetful mind and even though I read all the posts, I forget main themes. Forgive me. I will have to write things down as I read. It seems as though I can't reply until all posts are read.
I hope to get to farmer's market today. Worked so hard in house yesterday that I just feel like being home and watching my favorite 'soap'. LOL
Have a good one, all.:carrot:

Justwant2Bhealthy 08-19-2009 07:54 PM

:wave: HI LADIES ~ the day started out with lots of clouds so we thought it would rain for sure; but if it did, it was so light that we missed it. :lol: In the late morning, we had a humongous cloud over the town; really awesome to see as someone took a picture of it and I saw it on the net. DH booted it home, but it moved away and nothing came down on our part of town at least. :) The gardeners would have liked to have some rain today and some of them pulled out their hoses when it passed us by.

We had a very blessed day today. DH was out and about on his bike, and was talking to a friend who mentioned that he had a camping trailer for sale, so DH went to see it. I bought it for our lot, so we can have a place of our own to stay out of the elements. It is an older one and needs a few repairs, but nothing that DH can't handle. They are going to deliver it to us later in the week. GOD has blessed us so much this month; and we are so very grateful and thankful to Him for this blessing ...

HI PURPLE ~ I often say to DH, how did we stand to work in the summer years ago? Firstly, I think the temps are much hotter now than before and we were younger then, and if there is less humidity, it isn't as bad. Also we usually worked indoors, so it wasn't so bad. However, I do remember one factory that was horrifically hot to work in; we would just be poaring with sweat, so the owners had some big turbo fans brought in for the workers, then along with the huge doors wide open, that helped us a lot.

Our kids are getting ready to go back to school right now, so there's lots of sales on for clothes and school supplies right now. Those freezer containers sound really nifty; I bet we have something like that here somewhere. We will be trying out our new thermos tomorrow if the weather co-operates with us. Most of the time, I can rest in the afternoon, but I can't sleep; so I just put my legs up; read something and rest. If I go to sleep too early, it seems that I wake up in the middle of the night like I did last night; and that's not helpful either ... ;)

You know, NUMPSTER wonders why in the heck we live up here with all the bugs that bite us here. Thank goodness, that there are so many other things that are nice here; like the clean air and natural beauty; the slower and quieter pace of life; plus the awesome lakes, rivers, and streams; oh yah, and don't forget the snow. Just as many people come here for the summer and winter.

The bugs are only out for one short season (summer), so the rest of the time they aren't an issue. It is almost manitory here to have a screened in room or porch to sit in and relax in the evening. That's why we are putting one in our cottage right from the start; and we'll use the finest screen that we can get and afford.

HI LIZABETH ~ don't forget that when you are posting, that you can use your mouse to scroll down the page and read what each of us said that day. This makes it much easier to answer us -- I read a bit and then scroll back up and type; and repeat the process until I am done all my posts. Hope this is helpful info for you.

Hope you had fun at your farmer's market today. Kudos for you for doing lots of housechores (that's exercise too); and all that walking today at the FM all counts too (credit you)!!! We just pick enuff blueberries to give us some for cereal, crisps, or muffins (which are DH's favorite: banana-blueberry muffins). Sometimes, when they are on sale; I grab a bunch and put them in the freezer: it's easier than picking them. DH's sister just happened to show us a place that was easy to get to this year; and that was nice of her. She didn't want to go alone; and she shouldn't since we have black bears here, and it's not wise to take a chance like that.

I'm sure PURPLE is really freaked out by now ... she's probably thinking, I don't think I'll be travelling to Canada any time soon ... there's too many bugs and bears; and extreme weather: hot temps and sub-zero winters with mountains of snow!!! :lol:

Actually we are born here and so we love it; we are used to it. I guess you have to be hardy people, but sometimes, we just like to talk about all the extremes we have here. It's a favorite CANADIAN past-time to talk about the weather. ;)

Well, kept on plan good today; made up for the other day too (credit moi); just took it easy today and rested my over-exerted legs. Made a quick dinner and DH wants some frozen yogurt for dessert later, so that will be nice too.

:wave: HI to MEOWEE (hope you are feeling somewhat better); and VAL (hope you had a great trip: anything to report to us yet); and RONNIE (hope you and yours are well); and to NUMPSTER and her DH: long time no here; and to BEVERLYJOY: see you posting in another forum now and then; so glad you are doing so well these days!

Take care folks and please do have A THOROUGHLY, ENTHRALLING THURSDAY!!! :lol: :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

Lizabeth2 08-20-2009 07:04 AM

Tons of rain here yesterday almost 3 inches in an hour! Our hummingbirds and other birds must know it's coming. They were at feeders quite frequently. I think our old earth must have tilted because we are getting weather that the Northwest U S usually gets and they are getting heat.
So I didn't get for blue berries and have decide that the freezer bags of them at Wal Mart are jsut as good especially the small ones.
Rosebud, thanks for good advice on scrolling to re read. It works. We have tons of bugs here also especially the mosquitoes with the wet summer. They bite me but not my hubby. I use skin so soft on arms and legs to discourage them.
Purple, we have not been on a picnic since last summer. How I miss them. However, our family reunion (on my mother;s side) is this weekend and I hope to see and have long conversations and lots of good eating at a favorite picnic place near here. Many of family are coming from all up the East coast of US.
I had a lovely breakfsdt. Eggs, vegies (lots) and toast/ Lost 2 lbs. past week.

purpleorc 08-20-2009 05:05 PM

Hello fellow chicks and good evening

When I say evening it is fast fading day light and the skies are turning to night. In another hour the day light will have all disappeared. Today the weather turning out grey and dreary first thing. Evening getting a short sharp rain burst but as soon as that was over and done with the weather vastly improved. This afternoon we had lovely sunshine with a great breeze so it was soon dry on the pathways and you would never know there was any rain.

Today for lunch we had a simple lunch of salad, jacket potato and salad. For a change I really enjoyed this meal though DH is not so keen on jacket potatoes but will eat them once in a while. Left up to me I would eat far more of them as I am very fond of them.

This afternoon popped out for a short while to the local shop as I forgot to put coffee on the shopping list so stocked up on that. I had a lazy day really today after last night when the weather turned extremely humid to the point it effected me. For the first time during this type of weather it took a toll on my walking. I looked like an old woman of 90 hobbling along and as stiff as a board. Though during the night the weather got fresher and less humid and magically my legs where back to normal very rapidly. I did make today our sugar free banana and chocolate deserts that you freeze as I had a few bananas that were very ripe and just great for this job. It made three which is great as I have one left in the freezer from a previous batch of an odd number.

LIZABETH Glad your pc is sorted and your back on this site. That is the trouble if you do not save your favourite sites. Fortunately I have the know how now to do this but prior to this I would have to write them in an email post them to DH and then have him resend this email back to me. Then the long task of putting them back in again. Over the years you sure do collect a fair amount of sites you use for reference. It was such a palaver to do this to save my favourites I am so glad I know how to do it. Besides I am fortunate I have a big enough hard drive for it to be partitioned into different sections and if the pc is wiped clean it is only the one certain drive and I may save information on other sections of my pc. The only hope is that my hard drive does not break down which it has done on one occasion in the past.

Gosh what a lot of rain in such a short period of time. It is a wonder the drains and earth was able to take that deluge of rain. I am sure that if that had happened here there maybe some areas that would have experienced flooding. I am lucky as I am on higher ground and well away from waterways such as rivers and canals. Someone I knew last year had there bungalow flooded so everything virtually had to be replaced. Not only that there was the upheaval of waiting for the property to dry out before re-plastering could take place and redecoration of every room. It was a stressful time for them both especially when they are both pensioners themselves.

I am envious of you and the visiting of hummingbirds to your garden like Rosebud has. I have nothing so exotic or so pretty for that matter. I mainly get crows and pigeons to our back garden. If I am lucky I may see a robin, chaffinch and blue tit but they are very few and far between.

:carrot: Well done on losing 2lb this week excellent work, Keep up the good work :carrot:

Hope the family reunion goes well this weekend. Our family reunion of my DH side of the family was about a month ago when his Auntie and Uncle came over from Cyprus for a months long holiday. It was sure nice to see everybody and catch up. It is so infrequent that we do these get together gathering of the clan.

I am not sure why hyperthyroidism would cause eczema :dunno: but there again I was not a psychiatric nurse. The physical side of health that I have picked up along the way or have just taken an interest in so read in more depth to increase my knowledge.

ROSEBUD This morning on drawing back the curtains in the kitchen he saw a funny sight of a row of pigeons just gorging on the grass sides put down the newly formed embankment between us and the new school. They must have though it was a right good feast of easy pickings why an earth they did not cover the seeds with a light covering of earth is beyond me :dunno:

Our school children do not go back to school until September so that is not that many weeks to go now. So I am sure many parents are busily getting new uniforms and pens/pencils etc required for that particular school. Each school can vary in what is needed. My sister has had to buy a school uniform for one of my nieces starting secondary school. She has one sister at the school but they are very different sizes. This girl in question is a little bigger as she is disabled so unable to move about so readily as other girls. She is the one with the problems with her hip with a condition called Perths disease. Every 6 months she has to have an xray and see the specialist to see how she is fairing. Some grow out of the condition but the severe cases of this condition may need a hip replacement at some point to alleviate the pain and suffering of this horrid condition. She is on a cocktail of pain killing medication to help bring the pain level to some sort of control.

Quote:

I'm sure PURPLE is really freaked out by now ... she's probably thinking, I don't think I'll be travelling to Canada any time soon ... there's too many bugs and bears; and extreme weather: hot temps and sub-zero winters with mountains of snow!!! ;)

This brought a smile to my face when I saw that. I know every country has it bad points and good points. I would choose to go when it was possibly spring just as the snows had melted then the temperatures would not be too hot for me to enjoy what the country has to offer. You say Canadian favourite pastime is to talk about weather well us British are not far behind you on that one. We are moaning it is either too hot or too cold or not enough rain, I think we are never happy :dizzy:

Well I think I have rattled on long enough it has taken me over an hour to write this :?: I must be losing my typing speed over the years as I lose some of the feeling in my fingers well that is my excuse and I am sticking to it ;) So till next time ladies I bid you good night :faint:

purpleorc 08-21-2009 06:13 AM

Hi Ladies and good morning

I have made it on here today at a much earlier time than yesterday. Not sure what the weather is suppose to be today. At the moment it is partially clouded with short bursts of sunshine poking through.

DH is taking me out to lunch no where fancy but to the café up the road that does nice meals for a reasonable price. All home cooked typed meals and ones we all grew up with. Best thing for me is that there is plenty of vegetables on the plate so that I may fill up on that not pushing my calories way over what I should be eating. Though I am mindful now rather than before eating everything on my plate as I had been conditioned to. I will now eat what I should which was a hard habit to break. Like many of my age will remember the phrase that was repeated constantly " There are children in Africa starving who would be glad of that". So no food was wasted and it was make do and mend era. So undoing years of conditioning has been hard. I do not waste food at home but there I put on my plate the correct portions for each adult male or female accordingly.

There is a programme on at the moment on the BBC following the work of two London brothers who are in the business of pest control. Though where they can they use the old traditional method of using the jack Russel terrier. The dog is so quick at killing rats or occasionally mice it is done humanely. It is more humane in a way than using poison or traps. Not that the lads kill everything they have caught and released pigeons, fox cubs and when every possible relocating bees nests to a safe location. One of the most bizarre infestations was that of the Indian moth (well I think it was called that) in this couples house a moth must have laid its eggs into some food namely dried food in this case then the lava had hatched to then eventually become fully fledged moths. The process was then obviously repeated with the new born moths and by this time there was hundreds in this kitchen no bigger than your little finger nail. This place to get rid of that infestation it had to be fumigated with an industrial pesticide and the property vacated for 8 hours after that so that it was then safe for humans. For the first time I have seen what bed bugs look like for some reason I though they were much bigger critters than that. Sorry now folks I better I made your skin all itchy and I have given you the creeps about vermin etc.

Rizzie had his traditional sulk after I ended up washing his smelly front paws from his poor aim he has. The vet said he was not the only dog to urinate like a female dog. She has had other customers asking her how to make it do it like a male. She told them that you can't simple as that. It took him ages to stop sulking this time. Mind you took some persuading to get into the shower in the first place. Considering I was only washing his feet I got wetter that normal. Good job I was going to shower after I had seen to him as my hair looked like a bedraggled rat. Poor Rizzie did his Oscar nomination piece before hand of sitting there shaking and looking rather sorry for himself. I wish he did not think it was so bad in water he has been like this since we got him. I do it as quickly as possible with nice warm water, I get none on his face and I never force him in. I give him a big fuss afterwards with a treat but still as bad as ever for him.

This afternoon I will prepare the vegetables for tomorrow meal so that I am ahead of the game then I will store than back in the fridge. I am trying to be good at the minute and use what meats I have in the freezer. So that then over the weeks once I have cleared the meat I can gradually replace it again with some different joints of varying meats. Hopefully having more chicken and turkey. Unfortunately I do not have that much in at the moment so we are getting through the red meat at the minute. Though yesterday was a vegetarian day which I like to have now and again. I have some lovely different sorts of vegetable burgers by a company called Grassingtons. Off the top of my head they do cauliflower cheese burger, spice bean quarter pounder and vegetable quarter pounder. They are not too high in calories and can be incorporated into calorie counted meal.

Well I must go and finish getting ready for lunch as I have only got dressed. No hair done so look like a scarecrow ;) Nor no make up. Not that I where a great deal. I put face cream on (mainly due to keeping eczema at bay) I then have eye liner and lipstick. Some time I put mascara on but I normally have such a bad aim and get some on my nose. Goodness knows how I get it there but there more on there than on my eye lashes :D Till next time ladies take care and keep up the good work.

purpleorc 08-21-2009 06:12 PM

Good evening ladies or should I say nigh on morning ;)

Just a test ladies, having trouble with internet explorer version 8. Will not let me type in browser text box it just shuts internet explore down. I have tried in vain to uninstall it but it is not letting me. Was just testing to see if it lets me type in this forum. In the future will have to swop to firefox to allow me to type in the browser box.

Test over and out :D Looks positive on allowing me to do this bit of typing at least providing it lets me post. Hoping nothing else decides to have gremlins in the works ;) as I have only just reformatted my pc a few weeks back.

Goodnight sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite ;)

Justwant2Bhealthy 08-22-2009 01:17 AM

HI LADIES ~ I'm finally back ... we have had two really busy days and tomorrow our camping trailer is being delivered so we have to go back out again to be there so the guy puts it in the right place. DH spent the afternoon trying to get things moved out of the aread that we want to put it in; he's almost done with a few blocks to move in the AM.

THANKS PURPLE ~ for holding down the fort for us here; I have been so busy and then very tired at night that I dropped to sleep and didn't wake back up til the AM. Then had to make a quick lunch and out the door again ... :lol:

Hope you got your PC issues solved by now; shame that it would be interfering with coming on here, since you like to come here so much. That's the problem with some new programs; you hope they will make things easier but sometimes, they have some glitches in them that slow them down too.

LIZABETH ~ congrats on releasing 2 lbs forever!!! Glad that scrolling tip helped you as well. Lots of rain there too I see; we had some light sprinkles on and off today, but heavy rains late tonight which I think have stopped now. Glad that you found us again too.

Well, I am very tired tonight; I am actually nodding while typing, so I will come in tomorrow when we get home to fill you in all the details our the last few days. So take good care ladies ... :hug:ROSEBUD