Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 07:50 AM   #46  

And we were worn out from moving but I hate lethargic. That's why I could never take muscle relaxers!
Well, they have moved in upstairs-except for the dad. The satellite guy came yesterday and, after much hassle, we are on the upstairs -eventually we will be on the same DSL, which I am a little skeptical of because it has to come from a router.
We are going to try Magic Jack for phone-I guess you have 30 days. Just trying to get expenses down and help Debbie at the same time. Only problem so far is that the toilet upstairs runs if you don't flush it correctly and you can hear it downstairs. That's a Brad problem but I know how to fix a flapper.
I am wondering if tha methotrexate is causing my ibs. ??? Pretty sure it helps. Hope you get relief Migo. I still have all that Tramadol-I keep saying I will take it in an emergency but I don't but I wouldn' want it to interact.
Jim is still in NJ -not sure when he will be home so I may see suzanne for Mother's Day. We are all going to Bob's-Pam's mom and sil too. It's so nice-we already know Pam's parents from bob's big cookouts.
Put my old curtains in kitchen because Debbie didn't want them and they look awesome. Found some lacy ones for lr for $4 at Wlmart and if i find something else, i won't lose much.
I am on Trazedone and Immipramine and 2 Tylenol pm-sounds like I would overdose but all our low dosages. I started out on just Trazedone and it worked. i was up all night in the beginning and that was 25 years ago.
Have a great day-everyone. Joanne, enjoy your daughter's visit and RELAX.
Mima
Old 05-08-2009, 10:21 AM   #47  

Default Hey There

Mima- You lucked out. I went to wallmart and couldn't find anything in curtains I would have. Our daughter not coming this weekend. She called and said she had a bad cold.. One of the other teachers had it last week and she thinks she caught it from her.. It worrys me,she catches everything that passes her..
Tammy- I always took a hand fan and a big hat to any of those parks. That and a good rain was what saved me.The heat will be bad.. It han't rained in a long time..
Kate- I hate turning in someone. She is a smart lawyer and should figure it out soon that she has to do something with that dog.. She would know it was me and I just don't want hard feelings with a neighbor.. I'll just stay away from that area..
I hope all of you have a great Mothers day. Our son has invited us to his house.. Maybe after all these holidays are over I can get back on my diet closer.. I am going to dust off the treadmil as it is just too hot for me to walk much outside.We ate pizza last night at my sisters and my weight was up 3 lbs today. I know most of that is fluid. That is a lot of my problem. I retain..
Stay healthy...Joanne
Old 05-08-2009, 02:29 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 267/261/145

Height: 5'2

Hello everyone. It's a bit cloudy here today but still no rain in sight. We are hot here too, Joanne. Even Queenie makes her "visit" outside in the afternoon quick. I have the A/C set at 74 right now but will gradually turn it up as it gets hotter. We usually leave it set at 76 for the duration....anything warmer than that and I can't sleep at night. I can understand how you feel about turning this neighbor in. We also live in a close knit community and we all try to look out for each other but, there always seems to be one bad apple in the basket. And of course no one really wants to say anything. I always remeber what my mother told me when these kinds of situations crop up..."Chickens always come home to roost..." and if she is a lawyer, she must be aware of the potential liability issues this dog could cause. Good luck to her.
I'm still playing with those few pounds myself....take them off, put them on. I'm trying to be more aware of my portion sizes too. I've been doing some exercises in the pool but am having a hard time staying motivated on the elliptical. I just don't think 2X a week is going to cut it...I need to commit myself to every other day! Exercising just feels so hard this time of year and in this heat! I know...maybe I should have some cheese with my "whine"....
Off to vacuumn....I'm just so lazy today! Uggggh! Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there!!
Old 05-09-2009, 07:34 AM   #49  

Well, I was going to take off 5 lbs with all that moving but I guess I will be happy with maybe 1. Haven't been walking-And that stupid plantar fasciitis is back-along with my back hurting. Been doing some yard work-bad! back to my foot exercises.
Going to a shower at 10-made a casserole with gluten free rice pasta-no one will know, It;s got the ricotta and sauce and cheese. it's an easy recipe-baked penne.
Let's see-it may rain this afternoon. But not tomorrow. Suzanne is picking up Jim at the base tomorrow-what a happy day!!!
I used to catch everything when I was teaching-especially the little kids. Doc told me to wash my hands and not touch my eyes, nose , mouth.
Then I bought an air cleaner with a hepa filter-pd a lot for it-but I had the least sick classroom in the bldg.
Oh the pitter p;atter of little feet upstairs-must have been a 2 year old who ran, ran, ran. payback from when Mike was small and we lived upstairs. Landlord would come to the door and yell up. This was only a visitor.
Bye for now-Mima
Old 05-09-2009, 10:24 AM   #50  

Default Hey There

Mima-Debbie told me she cleaned all the desks and everything touchable in her room to try and get rid of most of the germs.. One of her students is sick and she guesses the rest will be getting a cold now.. Now she is sick. She used up all her sick days when I was sick .I talked to her last night and told her to go to a Dr. if she gets worse..A lot of good that will do. She is 52 and will do as she pleases.
Kate it is also really hot and humid here. Christie is just panting before we go too far. Being a pug she is close to sidewalk/ground and gets hot fast..
Another saying "what goes around comes around". Someone else will make a complaint..My family says I should have.. I wish I had a pool. I could go to the spa. I belong to silver slippers ,but, the pool is just too cold for me..They say it is 82 degrees but it feels like 70..
The arthritis has flared up in my shoulders and it hurts down both arms. I think I will just take it easy for a couple days..
Hello Everybody.. Have a good day tomorrow..
Joanne
Old 05-09-2009, 12:45 PM   #51  

Joanne, sorry to hear that your daughter won't be visiting. Hope she feels better soon. The pool at the Y seems much cooler than they said it is here too. The warmer water would be much better for us.

Kate, I can't seem to lose any more lately. I did so well there for a while, and then things just went nuts by me being so busy. I'm sure I'll really eat healthy at Disney!!

Mima, I was healthier while I was teaching than I am now. I guess I was immune to whatever the kids had. Now I get colds more often.

Tomorrow I'm meeting an aunt and a cousin at my other aunt's house. She was taken to the hospital last week and is now in a nursing home. Her house needs a good cleaning. She wouldn't let any of us do anything because she is very stubborn. We figure we can go in and clean while she isn't there. I don't know if she'll ever get to move back home. She turned 93 last month, and she just isn't able to take care of herself like she used to.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:50 AM   #52  

That's a great thing to do, tammy. My sil has to move her dad to a nursing home, he just went into assisted living and he is on hospice.
Will be visiting auntie for a while. On our way to Bob's. Bringing her child's desk to her great granchildren.
What an awesome shower yesterday. It was so much fun to sit with the ladies from bible study. jessie got 3 baby quilts!! All different. And some beautiful knitted sets and enough clothes for a long time.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all. Hope your daughter gets better quickly. Joanne.
65 and windy!! Don't miss that humidity.
Are you gone Anne?
My foot kicked up big time yesterday but seems better today-back to the exercises. Mima
Old 05-10-2009, 05:08 PM   #53  

Just returned home from my aunt's house. I am one tired puppy! My aunt that was there said she is sure the other one will not be coming back to live there. My cousin and I hit the basement and started going through things and pitching. My aunt, SIL, and nephews were upstairs taking care of things. My aunt is a definite pack rat, so there was so much to go through. It is going to take a long time. My aunt is her executor, so she is planning an auction for sometime in the future. No rush on that right now though.

Glad the shower turned out well. Sounds like some nice gifts.

Happy Mother's Day to all.

I won't be back on till we get back next weekend. I still haven't finished packing, and we need to take Maurice to the doggy hotel yet tonight.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:53 AM   #54  

Have fun at Disney!!
I went and cleaned out my aunt's house one time and she had saved lots of newspapers etc. It was awful.
We had a great day-Brett and ASngela stopped in unexpectedly-but it was nice. She gave me 2 pictures of them andd lilacs which I am allergic to!
We went to bring the desk to my aunt and had a nice visit. My cousin Pat came in-she has had surgery on her hand-it looked like mine with the bump-she also has fibro. I think I will get a cortisone shot in it tomorrow because I have to go to work and write. My brace makes it feel better but it's hard to write with it.
Bob and Pam had a nice barbecue and we had cake. Bad Mima. Brad had to leave the bedroom during the night because I had so much gas. I made fruit kabobs -may make some for Suzanne's big party for jim on sat. He's home-now they have to adjust to being together again.
We are putting the camper in our space this weekend. Gotta clean the bed -the mice love campers.
Hope everyone had a nice day yesterday. Mima
Old 05-12-2009, 09:00 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 267/261/145

Height: 5'2

Good morning all...and I do hope it is a better one for me at least! Had an eventful day yesterday. We had been hearing some "gurgling" coming from the toilets and sink during our showers and while doing laundry for a few days. Well, enough to say that we couldn't believe that our 2 1/2 year old septic system on our 2 1/2 year old house was full already! There is only the two of us with interim visitors during our winter months. I was thinking that something was terribly wrong here and that the system may not have been installed right or that it was full of sand or something along those lines. I was getting ready to do battle for sure! Had a septic company come and pump it out. Come to find out, the filter was clogged up, which doesn't allow the "water" to drain into the drain field. Thank God it wasn't something serious as I just don't think I have another "fight" left in me! And to start yesterday morning off, I stepped on a fire ant nest first thing while walking her royal highness. I am soooo allergic to those little nasty things that one of my ankles is swollen and oozing that poison out of it. Just another fun day in my life in Florida! On a good note here, my pulmonary doctor who takes care of my sleep apnea lowered the pressure of my CPAP machine down significantly because of my weight loss yesterday. That was a great thing for me. I would like to wean myself off the machine completely by next year. That means more weight has to come off so I better buckle down and get to it! God, my ankle is itching like crazy right now but it is too sore to touch!!
I have yet to go to Disney....and I live only an hour and a half away. I just think it is too crowded for me and hubby would have a hard time walking the parks all day. Some day I would like to see Epcot though. Since we don't have children, we never really had the desire to visit the place. Being around that many screaming kids might just undo me!
Hope everyone is having a great day. We are suppose to get some rain this afternoon and tomorrow....heard this all before. We'll see. I have yet to see the weatherman on channel 12 predict anything right! We are desperate for the rain though...big wildfires south of us. I can't bear to think of all the wildlife that is being destroyed. Please do keep praying for rain here if just for that...I'm just a ray of sunshine today, huh??
Enjoy the rest of the day...have to try and soak this ankle. Even the Benedryl isn't working this time around.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:14 AM   #56  

Oh those fire ants-hope the poison disappears quickly!
Going to get my 7 bottom teeth cleaned today! and go to the chiro.
Not sure about that Magic Jack phone-couldn't dial out from the other room.
Free trial!!
Sure glad your septic system is ok-we have one and also well water-1700 for the filter I should have gotten 7 years ago. Love not having the smell of rotten eggs.
Bye for now-Mima
Old 05-13-2009, 10:09 AM   #57  

Default Hey There

Kate - I usually put pure ammonia on bug bites..It kills the poisen in the bite. Put it on a piece of paper towel and apply to bite for a short while. A dr. told me once to make a paste of soda and put on bites..
Today is laundry for me.. I just have to do things one day at a time.. I need to put some fertilizer on some plants. God, we need the rain..Nothing is blooming or really growing..
My shoulders hurt all the time.. I think The arthritis is going to do me in before my time..
Not too much for me to whine about.. Back later.. Joanne
Old 05-13-2009, 11:34 AM   #58  

Good morning.

Mima - sounds like you have now settled in to your new part of the house. Hope they clean those 7 teeth well I went to the dentist on Monday morning and had to have a small filling done. Haven't had a cavity for a very long time.

Kate - hope you get the itching under control soon. I don't think we have those type of ants here, thank heaven. There are some nasty ones though. Glad you got your tank fixed. Glad I don't have to worry about water or septic tanks.

Joanne - That arthritis can get very mean and painful. Hope it eases for you. When it is flaring it is just plain nasty.

Tammy - I guess you will be gone now, but I sure hope you have a wonderful trip.

I have been so busy the past week that I have not had a minute to sit and just play on the computer. Today is MY day. I am starting to get things ready for our trip, as we will be leaving on Saturday and will be gone for 3 weeks. My daughter still has a broken arm and it will be like that for quite some time. It is a big bone that broke and it will take months to heal. She has started PT now for range of motion exercies but no weight bearing. She has low blood pressure, got up to fast and fainted. Sprained the 3 finers on her other hand, along with bruises and rug burn and a black eye. Such a pretty sight! I saw her on Saturday, a week after it happened and she didn't look that good. It will be healed by the time we go though. Glad she didn't land on her broken arm!!!

Well, I hope you all have a good day.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:42 AM   #59  

I am alive,
I am not dead,
I am awake,
I'm not in bed.

I cannot sleep,
I am in pain,
I cannot sleep,
Because of rain.

April showers
Leave by May,
But this rain
Seem here to stay!

Can you believe we have rain in the forecast every day the rest of the week? I'm trying so hard not to complain because I know in a few more weeks it will be hot and dry and we'll be wishing for rain. Joanne ... I can relate to the arthritis doing you in before your time and it's a lot worse when it rains.

I've been trying to do a little every day to clean out some of the junk around here. I bought a new jewelry chest that stands in the floor and sorted out all my jewelry one day. Today I went through all my CDs and put them in order ... WHEW ... I had a lot more than I thought. I bought boxes and I had a rack so I alphabatized them all. I want to take my room apart and do the blinds, curtains, etc. tomorrow & Fri. We'll see ... it's supposed to RAIN! May not feel up to it. We were supposed to go to Gatlinburg over Memorial Weekend but I think hubby has backed out of that. I wanted to go to my cousin's husband's 50th BD party in NC a week from Sat. but he said he didn't think he could get away to do that, either. I'm disappointed on both. I really need a break from this place but doesn't look like I'm going to get it any time soon. (Unless I just pack up and go alone! Now there's a thought.)

Hope everybody else that's taking vacations has a wonderful time! (Tammy, Anne)

Kate, wish I could send you some of this wet weather we're having! And Mima, hope you get over your ant bites quickly. I hate itching.

OK ... I know,
Enough's been said,
I am going
To go to bed!

I'll pray the Lord
My soul to keep,
And also pray
I get some sleep!!!

by Me(me)
Old 05-14-2009, 08:24 AM   #60  

Cute, meme. There is a big party for Jim Sat night. Suzanne is getting anxious.
Danny is gone for Idol. He will do fine. He's better than the one who made it.
It's going to rain this afternoon. That's why I have pain. hey, I have 9 teeth-have to go back to get something done to my crown-coating.
Going to clean the camper. Ready for tomorrow,
Your poor daughter, Anne. Is she going on the trip?
Bye for now-Mima
Closed Thread