Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 07:03 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 267/261/145

Height: 5'2

Good morning all. Up very early this am (4) with hubby and have gotten most of my housework done already! Need to vacuumn and damp mop floors later. Had the A/C on past couple of days but opened up the house this morning because it got so cool overnight....51 degrees here. Need to get the Queen out for her walk too. She is back to normal....keep our fingers crossed I didn't speak too soon!! Need to get her brushed out some more too so I can put her flea treatment on for April.. She sure is a hairy dog!!
Trying to get back to phase 1 of SB diet and having a hard time not eating the good carbs. I've gotten so used to whole wheat or multigrain everything that "white" stuff tastes weird to me now! Making some stuffed zucchini boats for dinner tonight. I grilled the "boats" last night and let them drain. I will fill them with a hamburg mixture and top with cheese and tomato sauce before baking off. Goes great with a salad for dinner. Hubby will be working long hours this week so I have to get creative with do-ahead dinners he can reheat.
Hope everyone enjoys their day. I will check back later after walking and cleaning. Bye for now...
Old 03-30-2009, 07:10 AM   #17  

I hope the moving will help me lose weight because going out to eat doesn't help. I had chicken and mashed potaoes and the frosying off the cake.
We got some rain!!! and it's raining back home/
Sorry you have to go back for the mole , Anne,
Just the chiro this week. Brad had more blood tests to see why his potassium is elevated. A hormone test!!
Saw a video of Jim having a bd cake in Afghanistan.Wow!!
Lunch with gf. Kate, I think my aunt gives the dog Prikosec. I would check online to see if that is ok. Mima
Old 03-30-2009, 09:32 AM   #18  

I meant to ask Anne....where on the body was this mole located? I have a perfectly round brown/black "beauty mark" type mole right over my top lip. I have thought about having it removed but the last mole I had removed was on my arm and called a "blue nevis". The needles to numb it weren't bad but that cutting and pulling sensation almost had me throwing up! Just the sensation of grabbing it with the forceps to cut it away would lose me....but if I knew it would be done by laser, I might go for it. I suppose I would have to do a consultation to find out how they would remove it. I didn't realize they could do these types of moles by laser. How long did it take to heal, Anne?
Old 03-30-2009, 10:41 AM   #19  

The mystery is solved. Brad asked the bug lady to look at droppings that were in bathroom cupboard-remember my quandry back in Feb. She said they were from a mouse or snall rat-eeeeeeeek!! Well there have been np more signs but brad wants to put sticky paper there. it happened after a COLD spell.
Mima
Old 03-30-2009, 01:49 PM   #20  

Height: 5'6"

So glad the Queen is back to her normal self.

Finally after days of the rain the sun shines once again. I may not get in a long walk but I am going to try to do two laps today on the track before I go home.

Had a good weekend. Went to the movies, bought Easter goodies for DD's basket, ended up eating a Reeses Peanut butter egg! ACK! 11 fat grams, but boy was it good. I could've eat the whole pack, but didn't.

I did get in 4 solid hours of cleaning. My mom came over and helped. She is such a slave driver! We only like my room and my bathroom, the rest of the house has had it's spring cleaning.

Going to bible study today. Beth Moore's "Esther, it's tough being a woman" . That's it from me...
Old 03-30-2009, 07:14 PM   #21  

Default Hey There

Hello Everybody..
last night was very bad for me.. The toilet broke and the hubby had to turn off water till morning.. We only have one toilet in this house.Needless to say I didn't sleep well . Just too upset.. Our son came over and put all new "guts" in the tank. Now we have a water saver and didn't have to buy a new toilet..What a saving.. Just 33.00 and his time..
The hubby wants me to buy Easter goodies too.. And make him some fudge.. I will look on WW site for a good one..I hate doing things lke that as I want to eat them..
I sure wish we had got more rain.. We live a mile from the gulf. It is really hard to get a lot of rain as it passes right over us before it stalls.
I am trying to increase my walks . Christie has gained weight because she isn't walking enough. She is a pug and gains fast. I have her on weight control food. I watch the hubby to keep him from giving her too many treats. But ,You know how that is.I not only have to watch my diet but also the dogs!!!!
When all you girls get through with your moving and spring cleaning. Think Of me.. I have that to do too..Being the worlds biggest pack rat ever and this house is small sorta. I just have to get rid of some things. or use them up. I have boxes of craft stuff and things I haven't worn in years. Why can't I just give them away???
I hurt all over tonight.. I will be glad to go to bed early.. I take Christie out and then can lay down. She goes into her crate and is there for the night. I can't let her loose in the house when we sleep or go out. She will take the place apart..She likes her crate and goes right to it at her bed time.This is the only dog that I have ever had that I had to do this with..
Joanne
Old 03-30-2009, 09:48 PM   #22  

Hi Kate. That mole was on the side of my nose. It looked like a blackhead at first. I tried squeezing it, but nothing............then it got to looking like somebody dabbed me with a ballpoint pen. The laser just leaves a red mark, and a small hole where the mole was. Didn't hurt at all - just fast little tiny zaps. Had to put some laser gel on it for the first couple of days, so it wouldn't get dry and scab and leave a scar. After a couple of weeks, it did form a sort of whiteish scab, and it came off . It is still alittle red, but fading daily. I just didn't want anybody cutting on my face. What a mess that would have been, because I am quite fair and I scar very easily. Go for the counceltation and find out about it.

Hi Joanne. Nice to see you are doing ok. Glad the toilet didn't cost an arm and a leg, but even if it had.......it is kind of necessary lol

Mima - a RAT???? We don't have rats in Alberta. We do have mice, however. I have only seen 2 rats in my life, one in Los Angeles, and the other in Vancouver.

Well, time to get off this machine. Have a good night.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:22 PM   #23  

Thanks for the info Anne. I think I may just go for that consultation. I've had this mole my whole life and for some reason have just recently thought of getting rid of it. It's an interesting little thing and is probably the very first thing people notice when they meet me!!
Mima, I've had a few "rats" in my life...nothing exciting about finding the crap they leave behind!! Just kidding....but I really didn't know they exist in Florida! At least not the furry 4 legged kind.... Hope you don't have a problem getting rid of them! Kind of like crappy tenants....
Joanne, I spent the whole day cleaning today. Every nook and cranny got it including the baseboards.The only thing I didn't get to was the windows! Even the screened patio got hosed and scrubbed! The pool too! Just had this "get'r'done" attitude today I guess. I'm sure I'll pay for it physically tomorrow...
Poor hubby didn't get home until 7:30 tonight and was beat from driving RT 95 all day. He's already in bed and going back to work at 5:30 tomorrow morning.Sure is quiet around the old homestead all day... Just me and the "Queen"!
Joanne, I used to be a collector of things. I decided life was too short to try and find room for all my "stuff' so I eliminated. It is so much easier not having all those things to worry about. If you don't use it every few months...get rid of it! That chaffing dish for entertaining that's collecting dust? Get rid of it...Those boxes of remnants of fabric waiting to be sewn into a quilt? Get rid of it...My hubby is Polish...that means he doesn't want to throw a thing away...but guess what? I get rid of it! No quarter given...if you aren't using it, it goes! The organization is wonderful...and so neat and tidy. Have a big old yard sale and make yourself some mad money!
Need to get some rest. I think all this activity is going to catch up with me and I need to prune and weed around the Areca palm hedge tomorrow. It feels like the weather is going to get hot ,hazy and humid very soon so I want all the hard, sweaty chores done by the time it gets here. I hope you all enjoy your evening. Beth, watch out for those Reeses PB eggs....I had a whole dark chocolate bar the other day. No wonder the scale isn't moving!! God, it sure is tough trying to age gracefully, huh?? Bye for now....
Old 03-31-2009, 12:46 AM   #24  

I need to do spring cleaning and get rid of a bunch of 'stuff', too. But ... taxes first. Haven't even started them yet. Went to Nashville to the Dr. today (Rhum.). Long trip. Hubby took off and went with me this time so at least I didn't have to drive. He didn't do anything, as usual, just wrote out scripts. Ross went home last night so maybe things will calm down here (after I get the taxes done.) Hopefully they won't be too bad this year, I was very good at keep records up last year but I still have to write everything in the books to give to the CPA. I dread it ... my hands are killing me already. (No ... never did put all that in a computer program so don't ask.)

Hey Beth ... you and I live in the same state. I live half way between Nashville and Knoxville. Most of my folks are from NC ... around Asheville where I lived for several years and I lived in MI from age 9 'till 26 ... but I was born in Richmond, VA. So .. don't really know where I'm from. HA

Well, as I said, Ross went home. He went to Youth Convention with our church youth last weekend. First time he had ever been away from home alone. He came back tired and said he wanted to go home. I called his parents and they said that was fine so his mom came and got him. He had a good day at school today so I'm hoping it all works out. Thanks to all of you who were praying for us.

Talk about hurting worse ... oh my goodness ... I feel bruised. I told hubby tonight when we got home, I feel like I've been in a wrestling match and been body slammed. My ribs ... all the way around, front and back ... hurt when I take a deep breath. Part is stress, I'm sure and part is the weather we've been having. Then, I think the rest is the change in seasons. I always hurt when the seasons change. Put all 3 of those together and you have a recipe for diaster.

Going to take a pain pill and go to bed. I absolutely HAVE to get up and get started on those taxes tomorrow ... if I don't my husband and my CPA are going to kill me.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:12 AM   #25  

I don't use the computer either, Meme. We had to pay out so much because I didn't send in my quarters. That makes upset-to pay!
Hey beth, our women's ministry is doing that same bible study-I should have gone but I didn;t. will when I get home.
We don't have that whatever anymore. We probably have tons of mice back home. But I put down decon. You live with them back North.
Chiro at 9.
Kate-my aunt gives the dog a Pepcid AC. Works for her. Hope Queenie is nice.
Hey Joanne, I have moved so many times I got rid of a lot of stuff. It's amazing how it accumulates. After 4 years here, it;s piling up. Got rid of a big bag of clothes. I wear the same ones all the yime-My faves.Once you start, you can't stop.
Sounds like Ross is doing better, Mima
Old 03-31-2009, 10:10 AM   #26  

Get rid of the junk! I hate stuff laying around. My mom is a big pack rat. Once I moved out on my own I started doing the same thing. Then I moved and I enough stuff in a 14 wide trailer to fill a 2,000 sq. foot house! LOL I realized I had a problem then and started trying to do yard sales. I realized how much work those were so how much I hurt afterward. So I started taking my stuff to a consignment shop. I am really lucky that we have a really nice shop that really moves the stuff. If they can't sale it they take it to goodwill. I don't mind either way it's out of my way and I don't have to deal with it. Most of the time I get at least a $20 check each month.

Rats...I have only seen on rat before. I think their tails are so nasty looking...ewww. We have field mice. We bought a foreclosed home in 04. It had mice, OMG at the mice! LMBO My DH put decon under the house and that first winter we kept smelling this horrible smell. It was dead mice. Yuck! After doing some research we found out that you shouldn't use that stuff in your house. They eat the poision then go crawl somewhere to die. When they rot, they rot from the inside out leaving the worst smell ever. Now we have a ton of mouse traps under the house. I haven't seen or smelled a mouse in about 4 years.

MemeToo- I live about 30 miles east of Knoxville. Just off interstate 81. My parents moved down from Pike Co., Ky when I was two. While that's home to them, East Tn. is home to me. I don't think I'd ever want to live anywhere else. The only complaint is the air quality in the valley.

Mima, we are in the 3rd week. I actually bring everything with me to work to do my homework. It's a lot to do if you don't work on it a little bit everyday. I think Beth Moore is a great speaker and she speaks the truth in a nice way. This the first study I have done with her stuff and I am really liking it.

Tonight I go to my weekly meeting and it's a special field trip. We are meeting the dietician at a restuarant. Not sure how many will show up. I am taking DD with me so we can shop before. There is a large shopping center in the area. She is excited. Next year she goes to 6th grade and is talking about buying name brands. ACK.. when did she grow up so fast. I am not big on having all name brand clothes. A few things is nice but seriously I can't afford to dress my child, or me in all name brands. craziness.... I am trying to teach her that there is more to life than just name brands. But I guess she will learn that with time. I have promised her she can buy one outfit tonight. Hope she doesn't pick out something that costs a fortune.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:38 PM   #27  

Okay ladies, I know it is late but hubby didn't get home until 8 pm and I've cooked, cleaned and made the set-up for morning coffee . This job he has really bites the big one! Know what I mean?? I try like heck to keep up with these things but I think it is finally getting to me. I have to keep in mind that at least he has a job!Times are so hard for everyone that I feel guilty complaining over my husband's work schedule but these long hours are tough for both of us. I need to find a resource for bit**ing!!
Finally getting some much needed rain this evening..lots of it. My neighbor's kids came to walk the dog with me tonight and they are having a very difficult time. Their dad isn't getting any hours at work (he's the A/C guy) and mom is cutting back on things. The kids are going to lose their cablevision TV because it is now considered a luxury. The problem is...dad still has his cigarettes and beer. Now that really pi**es me off! Sorry ladies, but some things are just meant to be challenged! I'm going to have a hard time keeping my big mouth shut over this one! Lord, help me! These neighbors are good people with a very caring mom who pays attention to raising her kids but their dad is a real deadbeat. He does as little as possible with the kids and just sits around drinking Budweiser and watching Nascar on TV. It's unfortunate that mom has to deal with it. Welcome to Flori..DUH! Okay, enough of the neighborhood gossip.
Had to put the A/C on today and I get the feeling we are in for some hot and humid weather. It must be spring in Florida!! Poor Queenie is already showing me she is not happy with the "indoor routine". She's slowing down on her walks and is generally not as "excited" about being outside. It's amazing what animals can sense and the way they react to things. She just knows it's coming and adjusts herself to it. We should all be so adept at life!
Okay, off to bed. Another long day tomorrow. Hope everyone is feeling healthy and happy!! Will check back tomorrow.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:50 AM   #28  

Good morning. We should do the Beth Moore study back home. I never was one to get the name brands of things for my kids. I told them if they wanted those expensive sneakers that I would pay towards them and they had to pay the rest. Mean mama!!
It's hot here!
Hope I don't get hit with the computer virus.
Last day of Art. Things are getting done slowly.
Bye for now. mima
Old 04-01-2009, 10:25 AM   #29  

Good morning everyone! Another hot, humid and cloudy one here. Looks like more rain is coming. That's okay, we need it so badly.. I'll just find things to do inside. Watching the news this morning about that computer virus. Microsoft has offered a $500K reward for anyone who can thwart it. They have a special cleaning/sweep tool you can download for free off the Microsoft website. I'm going to check it out just in case. My firewall and virus protection runs in the background everytime I turn on my computer but they are saying nothing is going to be effective against this one. Hope everyone gets through this "infection" period. Hope everyone is well.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:53 PM   #30  

Just popping in real quick. Wet and nasty out, blah. The front going through makes me hurt all over

I am so sleepy my eyes are crossing! LOL Andit's not even 1:00 yet
Closed Thread