Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 07:22 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 253/228/145

Height: 5'7"

Hi I am new to 3fc and just found your group I too have FM and for the last 7 months I have not been able to walk with out great pain I put on about 60 lb on top of the 40 + I needed to loose. I finally woke up and joined WW. Any one else out there who can't move ? What are you doing for exersize? I hate to mention it was about 75 today. About me I have 4 kids 3 are on there own. I live with a 14 yo daughter who is finally watching her weight with me. I have 3 standard poodles that are the loves of my life. I thought for a min. I missed having a man around and bought my first boy then a girl and then another boy. I tell my older kids if they don't have kids soon I will get # 4 lol Thanks for listening Victoria PS don't hate me because I am warm
Old 01-28-2009, 10:14 PM   #107  

Mima, it sounds like a good plan for you to make a move when you return north.

Kate, I go to webmd quite a bit.

Victoria, we won't hate you because you are warm, but we might ask if we can come and visit!!

We're dropping into single digits and wind chill below zero tonight. The snow has stopped thank goodness!
Old 01-29-2009, 12:43 AM   #108  

Tammy..poor Maurice....he can't be tall enough for that much snow..he would sink right in!

Mima...sounds like a plan...

Kate....accident prone I am....DH love Prime Rib but we do not have it much cause it has so many calories! HIs mom always had it for company. Hope you feel better..I get stressed too when company comes even if it is just for a bit. I feel crappy too now....ready for some warm weather..I know I will come visit you! LOL

Shrinking...WELCOME....boy you have found the right place....FM, Poodles and other pets and weightloss. What colors are your other dogs? My kids are grown and no grandkids yet.......
Old 01-29-2009, 02:30 AM   #109  

Hello Shrinking Me. Yes, it does sound like you've found the right board. You should feel right at home here ... and there's lots of room!

Sounds like Tammy is snowed in. I wouldn't mind being snowed in for a few days. It did snow here, and we haven't had school for a couple of days but not enough to actually snow people in so I still have to 'go and do' if you know what I mean.

Good news, (I guess). NO Ministers are coming this weekend. I'm sure there will be some coming later but they all cancelled for this weekend. I, for one, am NOT sorry. My best friend is having a jewlery party Sat. at 2 and I really want to go so now there's nothing to stop me. Only problem is, this puts us further away from getting a new pastor.

Had an awesome youth meeting tonight. Youth leaders met with the Elders before church and we ran a lot of ideas by them. They were very supportive. Then we had about 25 upstairs for our youth meeting (13-18 yr. olds). They seemed very excited. I sang with them for about 10 minutes before class. The Elders met again after church. I went with friends to eat and hubby met us afterward. When we got home hubby had a big surprise for me. He said, "you have 2 weeks to get a 'sermon' ready." I said what are you talking about. He said, "I told the Elder board you would take the Wednesday night service in 2 weeks." Since we don't have a pastor, the men have been taking turns doing the services. I was really surprised. The Wed. night service is from 6:30 to 7:30 and 45 min. of that is a teaching/lecture forum so that's what I will be doing. I've only done this once before for adults - and not as long. Of course I've done it countless times and on many subjects for children and youth but this may be a tough crowd! You guys want to come and help me out? You can add enough comments to take up 30 minutes of my time!
Old 01-29-2009, 06:32 AM   #110  

That's quite a challenge, meme. Go for it. I used to speak at Alanon but I've never done it at church.
Shrinking Me-water exercises are the best to start with.Plus chair dvd's . You def need to move-staying put makes fibro much worse. Last night i went to swim-not for long-and then in the hot tub and put the jets on my back.
Also. massage is great.
We were so happy to be back in FL yesterday. The plane we would hve taken went out 3 hours late but it still got here. But we had a head start.
Southwest Air is the best.
Gotta pay bills today. And the tax stuff is trickling in. I really should get Brad to help me. He could do the business. But I have kept the records so he might get confused.I have a stash in my checkbook with all kinds of money set aside for different things. He will be in big trouble if i go suddenly.
Got good sleep. The other book by dekker is Blessed Child/
Auntie's blood is almost normal-praise God. We went to see her on Sunday and I was playing with her great grandaighter-she told her mother I was there and she was shy but that I had a beautiful new haircut-she's only 3/ and very precocious.
Got to find out what left a centimeter long terd while we were gone. I didn't think there were mice here. We do have pest control/ Any ideas Kate.
Bye for now-hubby is stoll snoring on the couch but I am going to put the tv on anyways. Mima
Old 01-29-2009, 09:54 AM   #111  

Good morning. Sorry you are having such nasty weather, Tammy and Candice. Glad that it has warmed up for you Kate and Mima. I guess Meme is kind of in the middle. It has been beautiful here in Alberta. Nice and warm, with temps up into the high 30's and today, heading into the 40's. Almost feels like a Spring day.

Mima - sounds like you have a plan. Hope you like living in a basement, because I sure don't. They always smell musty and that gets my allergies going, so I try to stay away from them. I am REALLY, REALLY sensitive to mold and must. Glad you made it back to Florida safely, and that you find out what kind of beastie you have around. I hope it isn't a RAT! We don't have those here, thank goodness.

Candice. Perhaps you need to go buy one of those metal thingys that they use for fingers to protect them, and put one on your toe; or just STOP doing the things you aren't supposed to be doing so it can heal!

Meme - that sounds like a little bit of a challenge for you. Have fun with it. Also, have fun at the jewelry party.

Kate - Did you go find the roasts at the market? I like to have company for a day or two, but then I like to get back to MY "normal" whatever the heck that is

JoAnne - Ihope you are feeling better. You had better be resting!

Welcome Shrinking me. Some days are harder than others to move around, depending on whether or not the FM is in the legs. When that happens, each leg feels like it weighs a ton and they are soooo hard to move.

My foot is still really sore, so I guess it's back to the Dr. The Celebrex has NOT helped it at all. I need this fixed because I have a hard time walking for long, or being on my feet.

Love the pics of the dogs. They are so cute. Makes me wish I had one - NOT! I like to come and go as I please now, without worrying about pets, and I HATE to bother others to care for them when I am gone. I do, however, miss having one every now and then.

Have a good day, everybody.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:32 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 267/261/145

Height: 5'2

Good morning everyone! And welcomed to the "FM club", Victoria. Mima is right about staying active...don't just sit because you will stiffen up and have difficulty moving around. I am doing a lot of stretching with a yoga DVD. That helps a bit as does just walking with my "Queen". I try to concentrate on my posture when I walk, too. You know, suck in the gut and tuck in the butt! I tried Celebrex for about 3 weeks and like Anne, I didn't get enough relief from it to make it part of my medication routine. Even the Tramadol with Advil is not working as well as it had in the beginning. I have a doctors appointment at 1 pm and will mention this to him. Unfortunately, I don't know what is left out there that could help. Having the stenosis in my lower spine is what has been giving me a lot of problems lately but don't have a clue what the treatment could be for that. I'm almost afraid to ask at this point! I would love to schedule a massage regularly but the extra expense isn't possible right now. Too bad insurances wouldn't cover that!
Mima, I'm thinking maybe gecko poop? But then again, it might be too big for that. If it were mice or rats, I would think there would be more than one turd; where geckos only have the "one" . If I think of another critter, I'll let you know. I still have a "tax person" do my yearly returns. I never got into doing my own taxes because of the business where we needed someone with tax experience. I just don't want to learn anything more about bookwork at this point in my life. I take care of all the finances in our house too. I do try to keep hubby informed on where things are and how much just in case. He probably has his own little stash somewhere knowing him! He's tighter than bark on a tree, I swear! He's a hard-working man but he has always loved having money in his pocket too.
Meme, good luck with your sermon. Wish I had some suggestions for you but I was never good at the public speaking thing. I'm sure you will do well up there though. You seem very devoted to your church and that positive attitude makes the difference.
Didn't make it to the store yesterday. The housework took longer than expected so I need to go right after Dr.s visit today. I'm not crazy about red meat, would rather eat chicken 7 nights a week...but hubby loves his beef. I'll indulge him because it is on sale! Hope everyone enjoys their day....and Joanne, hope you are feeling better. Kate
Old 01-29-2009, 01:06 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 253/228/145

Height: 5'7"

Thank you everyone for your nice comments. To answer a few questions I have 3 standard Poodles 1 black boy and brown male and female. My brown boy is Poo Bear he is huge 65 lb at 8 months my girl is small 50 lb and only 23" her name is Bell Well you ring my Bell Tootsy. They are sooo sweet to me. It has been hard to walk them a lot with the FM attacking my legs. The more I do the more I hurt.
This is about the 3rd time it has gone into my legs the last time I weighed in at 130lb so I am not beating myself up about the weight. Although it sure will help everything to get it off.
I pray each day for all who are suffering in this weather and yes your all invited for a visit.
Is there any way the turd is a bug??? Could you have brought it in at the bottom of a shoe or package
I Broke 240 yea!
Old 01-29-2009, 04:50 PM   #114  

Schools were closed again today, and it's not looking good for tomorrow. Most of the main highways are clear, but they are having trouble getting all of the other roads cleared. We have a huge mound of snow piled up in the middle of our cul-de-sac. Tim backed into it earlier today when he wasn't paying attention. We went uptown for lunch. That's the first I've been out since Monday and I was ready to see people!

Meme, I think it would be fun for us all to show up and help you out!

Anne, it does sound nice in Alberta. Maybe I'll come and visit tonight.

Kate, one of the older women in my water aerobics class used to call out "suck and tuck" all the time. I had forgotten about that till I read your comment.

Victoria, I have a 6 month old chocolate dapple dachsund named Maurice. He is right about 10 pounds now. He is so funny, and he definitely keeps me entertained. Congrats on breaking 240!

I'm 5'8", and I'm hoping to get down to 170 or so. My doctor thought that would be good for me. I'm 53 years old.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:25 PM   #115  

Well, we are stuck again. Our county is on a Level 3 Emergency which means only emergency personel are permitted on the roads. If you are out, you can be arrested. It is snowing and blowing again, and many roads are drifting shut, even the main roads. We've had at least 13 inches of snow in the past couple days before this new stuff started. I'm supposed to have class at the Y in the morning, but I'm sure it will be cancelled even if we go down to a Level 2. I'm tired of winter.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:20 AM   #116  

Well, my toe was feeling alot better untill the doc messed with it...or his assistant, they gave me some stuff to put on it after it heals tohelpthe new nail grow better but said it might not grow right and they will have to work on it some more.

Had to shovel to get out today, the plow was supposed to come but they didn't....then it drifted and had to shovel when I got home. Good exercise but I have to wear boots and it puts pressure on my toe..so that is not good. I am supposed to wear open toe things right now...my Birks work good int he house but not snow.

Meme..you will do fine with your lecture sermon. I remember back when growing up on youth Sunday....I always had to do something and I am terribly shy and not a public speaker at all.....hated speech class in HS and college.

Happy..our other basement was awful damp and musty...here so far so good, but there is a lot of light that comes in because the back of the house is open. I can't stand the musty smell either.

Mima.....DH pays most of the bills here I am just responsible for the ones I run up! LOL....I keep telling him to make me alist so I know what there is if her goes before me......he has not done it yet.

Tammy...you best stay put...we don't want ta have ta come bail ya out now!

Kate..what's a greco..a lizard? Men love their red meat. WE do not eat it much.....fish and turkey and chic here.

Shrink.....those are big dogs!!!!!!!!! Do they live in the house with you and sleep in the bed?.....Yes the FM is not fun.....you will have allkinds of pains and stuff that know one else can understand so just come here and tell us! The brain fog is the worst!
Old 01-30-2009, 05:11 AM   #117  

Good morning. There were a lot of terds. I vacced them up and there are no new ones so I will save one to show the bug ldy when I see her. We did have a skink-gecco like creature-in the house before. It was only when we were gone that it happened.
I do not do my own taxes-just get the stuff ready o mail to the acct. That;s a job in itself. I want to get all the deductions.
The apt is not in the basement-we don't have one. You walk in and it's right there. It did have some mold when the ac wasn't on last year . I didn't have any trouble last week. It's filthy so I will pay someone to clean it when we get water.
I have been fighting a UTI all week-time to call the doc as it woke me up.
Brad has a wicked cough so maybe he will join me. Knock on wood-I haven't been bothered by the trees,
I have exercises for the spinal stenosis, Kate. Best thing is electrical stimulation from chiropractor but it doesn't last. I do exercises every day amd that helps. Simple ones. I have to pick up my new med and take it once a week.
Bye for now-Mima Oh Tammy-that's rough weather!!!!
Old 01-30-2009, 09:47 AM   #118  

S/C/G: 267/261/145

Height: 5'2

Good morning everyone! Raining like crazy here this morning but I won't complain...we desperately need the water. The lawns look terrible right now. Mima, watch out for those "skank-geckos"...they are poisonous to animals if ingested. Horrible vile little slithery things! Regular geckos don't bother me...I have them all over my patio and house. They eat the little bugs up! Yum yum! Savage amusement was to sit in the garage and watch them run out in the driveway to snag a tiny beetle.
I used to dread getting ready for taxes! Hated it and was always waiting until the last minute to get things over to the accountant. I've gotten better now that we simplified our life. I'm just waiting for all the "year-end" paperwork to arrive so I can schedule an appointment. My understanding is you are suppose to receive everything (w-2s, bank statements, etc) by Jan 31st but a grace period for 1 week to allow for mailing. If I don't have all my statements by Feb 7th, I'll start making some calls. I like the feeling of having the tax stuff done and over with. Guess I will have to break down and go back to the chiropractor. Things have been very stiff and I have limited mobility now. The doc gave me Celebrex again but a higher dose. My choices are very limited at this point. I need to get back to exercising but the discomfort really sets me back. Maybe getting some adjustments will get me back on track.
Mima, drinks some cranberry juice everyday...that will help with the UTI.
Tammy, is your dachsund a mini or standard? My GF, who will be visiting next week, has two minis. One is that new "Isabella Fawn" color and she is quite the little huntress! I have a big love of dogs...all animals actually but especially dogs. I've had horses, cats, dogs, bunnies. Age and space now limit me to dogs. Hang in there with that awful weather....wish I could offer you a warm spot but it appears "the inn" is going to be full soon! Lord, give me strength!
Victoria, standard poodles are a favorite with me. I'm going to check out the local rescue group here and see what they are up to. Queenie is a Great Pyrenees and all I can handle right now but one never knows! Poodles were originally bred as water dogs for hunting. But I bet you knew that, huh?
Off to get my errands and chores done. Would love to make time for a haircut but not today! Hopefully hubby will have a full two day weekend for a change so we can get things done tomorrow and enjoy the superbowl on Sunday. Enjoy the day ladies! And stay warm in snow country!
Kate
Old 01-30-2009, 11:00 AM   #119  

Candice, if I go to jail will you send me a cake with a file in it?? lol They just lifted the level 3, but to a level 2. It's still nasty, but at least it's daylight now and you can see when you are driving into a snowdrift. Great, huh? Be careful with anymore shoveling!

Mima, I used to do our taxes all the time, but a few years ago we had someone else start doing them. Things were getting confusing.

Kate, according the the vet, Maurice is inbetween sizes. I know I've seen smaller ones than him and larger ones. Our dachsund we had before was the same way. He was 15 pounds full grown, and I think that's what Maurice will be. His mother was 10 pounds, and his dad was 15 pounds. I'd love to see your friend's dogs.

I called my eye doctor to make sure they are open. I am supposed to pick up new frames. I got new ones with new lens a couple weeks ago, and the bridge was crooked so they had to order new ones for me. Tim is going with me so I don't have to drive by myself. I promised him food! lol right now he is still in bed. Lazy kid!!

I need to go to some exercises and jump in the shower. No Y classes since Monday. I really missed going Wed. morning and this morning.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:59 PM   #120  

Default Joanne is sick

Hi My name is Eleni and a few of you know me as Joanne's sister.
I just wanted to let you know that Joanne is in the hospital with pneumonia in the critical care unit. She is being treated and hopefully will go to a regular room tomorrow. They thought she may have had a slight heart attck but now they say no she did not have a heart attack.I will get an update to you as soon as I have more news.She is doing ok but very uncomfortable.
PS.Tammy I have lost your email address.If you still have mine please send me a short note so I have your address.
Closed Thread