Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 11:49 AM   #16  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi gang . . .

Oh ROSEBUD . . . so sorry to hear about the house . . . there's bound to be a better one just around the next corner, Chickie.

Speaking of Winter . . . . . . our gorgeous streak of weather is having a bit of a holiday today -- it's raining and the high is not going to get above 5 or 6 (that's the low 40's for those of you who don't 'speak' metric'). I'm definitely not ready for this yet.

Slept in again this morning and think it's got a lot to do with the fact that it stays so dark so much longer right now. Guess I'd better set my alarm for a few mornings to get my internal clock rewound. I have to take little Sandy to the Vet's by 8 am on Thursday morning and at this rate I'll never get there on time.

Have a great day . . . see you later . . .
Old 10-07-2008, 09:48 PM   #17  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

Rosebud is right. I'm on my toes! Been working several 13 hour days. So when I get an evening off I am full on unwind mode. Lots of walking and pilates. If I'm going to work this hard I need to be especially dilligent about exercise if I want to keep my stress levels in check.

I got a blackberry for work so I'm able to check my work email 24/7. And I tried to use this phone as an excuse to quit my casual job at Reitmans. Alas the manager there wouldnt let me give my notice.. and now I can carry the phone on the sales floor.

I love my job so far. I'm responsible for all internal and external communication at city hall. I'm far from perfect and there arent enough hours in the day to get everything done that I should. But it's a great change.

I'm road tripping to southern manitoba for thanksgiving with my brother - we will spend the weekend with our parents.

Valdine

Rosebud - it sounds like your housing situation is up in the air? So you checked up on the house but do you have somewhere else to go now? Im sure it will work out no matter. Good for you for doing due dilligence on that place before you took it.\

Purple I saw your progress pictures! WAY TO GO!!!! You are such an inspiration!

HI to Meowee and Caffeineiv

I dont know when I'll be back next. But you all are in my thoughts!

Last edited by valpal23; 10-07-2008 at 09:48 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:45 AM   #18  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Good morning

Nice sunny day here at the minute but it is deceiving after opening the back door it is really cold out there so I need to wrap up warm.

Going to do my weekly shopping today and just prepared the list to do it. DH on Friday is helping his nephew move home apparently it is not very far away. His other Uncle is helping as well so more hands make light work of the job. The nephew has been good to us over the years as he is a pc wizard so has helped us learn when we were complete green horns and we just about knew how to switch a PC on

We were due to go and play cards last night in a village about 28 miles away. We left at the normal time and very shortly after leaving home the traffic seemed heavy and eventually it was virtually at a standstill. We put the radio on to listen to the traffic report and it said that there had been an accident involving a lorry and 2 cars. The motorway (freeway) was closed in both directions for 2 junctions (junctions here are slip roads that leave the freeway and they have numbers to them my home town is served by 3 junctions depending on whether you live North, South or Central part of the city) going Southbound and Northbound. The motorway is called the M1 and it was the first to be built here in the late 1950's or early 1960. The Southbound goes to London and the Northbound goes up to Newcastle. So it runs a fair stretch of the country. I would imagine with the road being closed that their must have been a fatality. I really I that there was not a fatality and I can only pray that was not the case. Unfortunately you do see idiotic driving behaviour on the road and the motorway brings the worst out in people. Mainly as it is straight road so people speed at foolish speeds. The maximum speed for this road is 70mph. Police do put speed traps up but they can not catch all speedier. If you are caught speeding it is 3 points on your driving licence and a fixed penalty of $80. You are only allowed 12 points on your licence and then you are banned for driving.

MEOWEE I kind of though that is cold 4 or 6 but then just found out that we were not much better than you at only 2 degrees higher today. So my grass is not much greener over here so they say. Though we are suppose to go to 14 later in the day gosh that will seem like a heat wave

I hope nothing to seriously wrong with Sandy and that it is routine vaccinations.

VALDINE Good to hear from you and how you are going at work. Gosh you are busy at the minute but you are doing the right things to protect your health as much as anyone can. Ooh nice a blackberry I hear they are nice but never seen one in action. I have only seen them on sale in the mobile (cell phone) shop. I know my DH will be envious of you I know he would love a blackberry phone.

Thanks for the nice comments regarding my progress pictures. I eventually plucked up the courage and though that this site has given me so much and especially the success stories which are good to read or see the photographs which keep you motivate. So I decided to post my before and now pictures. Not that I am at my goal weight which I do not know if I will achieve I am now struggling to lose the weight, It is so true about what they say the last 10 to 20lbs is the hardest to shift.

I noticed under your avatar you have something about the swank diet for MSers. I wonder if you were eating this diet. I would love to be able to eat it but I do not think I am so disciplined to do the restrictive diet. I think if I was I would end up many times cooking 2 meals one for me and one for DH. I hear that people who are on it lose weight as it is so "clean and healthy" plus a reduction in meat and fats.

Right time for me to wash up and get going so bye bye and take care purpleorc

Last edited by purpleorc; 10-08-2008 at 05:00 AM.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:20 AM   #19  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . . wow, it really is morning, too. Yes, I did set the alarm last night and then got up half an hour before it went off.

Looks like (now that it is actually daylight) we will be getting a better day today -- it is not raining and the forecast is calling for mostly sunny and a high of 12/13 (mid-50s). We'll see -- it is definitely cold right now.

Anyway, got to run -- must scoop the kitty litter and then get the garbage out to the road for our once every two weeks pick-up -- even with just myself and the cats, it does seem to mount up.

See you later . . .
Old 10-08-2008, 09:00 PM   #20  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI LADIES ~ Went into town shopping today, was running out of essentials, esp things like fruit and DH's bread (he was down to one slice). WE had a good trip but it started to rain on us and we went out for a light lunch and rested our feet, as we did a bit of walking today, but I love to get the exercise even if I pay later with aching feet.

HI VALDINE ~ glad your job is going well for you; and keeping busy isn't necessarily a bad thing. That can keep you from getting bored, as long as you know how to pace yourself and don't wear yourself out. Hope you have a lovely holiday weekend with your family.

MEOWEE ~ would you believe that we have had snow at least two times in the last week??? YES, SNOW!!! We had two days of sun this week, and rain today. We went down to -5C the other night; we couldn't believe it, as it's still early October. Two cold falls in a row, so much for EL NINIO (sp) or whatever they call it ~ LOL!

HEY PURPLE ~ you are an inspiration; actually, you all are. You guys keep me going even though right now I'm not losing anything. I am still trying to eat healthy and living with a lot of stress right now with no place to live and some other issues, which hopefully will be on the back burner for awhile. Our THANKSGIVING is coming up on the 13th and we are looking forward to turkey and yams; maybe I'll even make DH a pumpkin pie and me just a pumpkin custard for fun.

You guys cheer me up; with your great attitudes! I have heard that others have had the same problem as me and they just try to maintain for a while, then go on a bit stricter plan for 3-4 months and then maintain again; and so on. It seems to work for them, so maybe I'll try something like that. As soon as we find out where we'll be living, maybe things will be better for me too.

RE: HOUSE ISSUE ~ what happened was that we went to see this cute little house and asked lots of questions and heard lots of promises by the landlord. Although I did express concern whether our furniture could fit, we thought we could be flexible. I told him we would take it if the $$$ details worked out; which I would call him about. So I made up a list of questions as I was doing the figuring, and called them back, but I couldn't get satisfactory answers and some even surprised me a bit. So I decided that I'd better do some more investigation before taking it. The landlord was pressing us to take it in two weeks, but I said no, let's wait a bit. Anyways, I knew someone who new the previous tenants and went to see them. I was shocked to find out that the costs for the place were more than DOUBLE than we were told!

So we didn't take it after all; and a lesson was learned here. We now know what questions to ask. We haven't looked for a place in over 16 years; and so we had forgotten what it was like: a nightmare really. We have looked at a lot of places and many times we call, and they are already taken. It can be a bit frustrating when you only have 8 weeks to look and now we only have 3 left; with little success. I'm surprised just how many people are looking for places right now, just before winter.

The sad thing is, that there are places sitting here empty, but the prices are way out of our league: you'd think this was Toronto, by what they are asking. My sister says that they are asking as much as a major city from the south. So we just have to keep going and trust that one will show up eventually; we put our name in a for a small apartment again today, and we are going to look at a small house this weekend.

ANYWAYS, have a great evening and take good care of yourselves ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-08-2008 at 09:01 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:08 AM   #21  
MSer living healthy

Hi Ladies

Well I am here sitting with a towel on my head smelling like a herbal store I thought I would do a wee experiment after doing a bit of reading about natural dying. I have been toying for a while about dying my hair but do not want to go down the route of using chemicals dyes on my head for fear they will damage my hair which is as you know is long. I have kept my hair in good condition as I do not use harsh chemicals on my hair, I do not perm it (oh but I have been down this route in the past ) I do not blow dry it only air dry it and when I wash my hair I use the condition, wash and then condition method ( time consuming but worth it for soft silky hair) Well I am not brave enough to dye it at present so I though maybe a less permanent solution of a rinse maybe the way forward. So seeing as I have natural red highlights to my hair I have had a go at enhancing them. I cooked up this concoction to put on my hair last night and then steeped it over night. Strained it this morning and just pour over the strained brew. So that is the point I am at now sitting for about 30 minutes to take effect. You bet after all this trouble I won't see a blind bit of difference but a girl can dream of having lovely auburn locks

I have everything prepared for lunch today we are having turkey thigh joint I know it is not a lean as breast joint but it is cheaper in this time when we are all having to tighten our belts due to the price rises. I felt this was a comprimise but not straying to far from our meal plan. Serving it with vegetables which are already done( just need steaming) and sitting in fridge. I did all the preparation last night as I knew mornings are not my great time.

My goodness where does time go , one minute I was typing this and next I have now finished lunch, cooked some muffins and showered not necessarily in that order . Now I am munching on a yoghurt and just about to relax with coffee It is one of those morning well afternoons now that I hop from job to job not really finishing any of them but being shattered at the end of the day as I have taken on board too much.

MEOWEE I know you have your hand full this morning catching elusive Sandy who has vanished as he has seen the cat box coming out and no way is he going in there to see the vet. So with my past experience you end up with a few scratching for your troubles as the cat turns into this evil monster when trying to get them into the cat box.

Don't have that trouble now as we have a dog as you know but he has his own unique way at the vets which makes you want to crawl into the nearest hole and deny all knowledge that he's our dog. He howls at the top of his voice and is like this demented demon . He is not nasty or anything just plain over the top excited due to all the smells of the different animals. Plus he wants to meet and greet everything and everyone in site. So that my little darling pooch when he goes to the vet . On a more serious not I hope that Sandy is OK and that is nothing too serious.

ROSEBUD I have been very lax on the exercise front as I have been busy lately but also my back has been very painful. Not that I have done anything to aggrevate it or injury it. I think it is the chicken or the egg quandry is it wear and tear from my nursing days or is it my MS.

With stress that you are going through at the minute the best to hope for is that you eat as well as you can and deal with what you need to at present.

Never thought of doing the method of healthy eating then maintaining for a few month before embarking on a stricter eating regime. It just might work and give you time to adjust and it will ease finacial situation as when you lose weight in the time scale that I have I am not in clothes very long so I only bought a few at that size very loathed to spend anymore than I needed too. Also like yourself we are on a limited budget so it makes things a wee bit harder. It will give you time during the maintaining period to save a few dollars ready for your new collection of clothes. I also found that I have bought a few execellent buys from charity shops. Not sure if you have them but they are shops who sell second hand goods mainly clothes and the profit goes to the organisation like help the aged, OXFAM to name a few. Admittedly the smaller I have got the more choice I have had and bargains I have found. Plus I feel I am helping a charity in return.

Wow thanks giving is creeping up us again : when I say us I mean for the people of Canada and the States. We do not have such a celebration in the UK. I have never had pumkin pie or pumkin custard. We can not buy it tinned as you are able to only fresh. I have used pumpkin but as a vegetable by roasting it and treating it more like a marrow (squash). I will not buy pumpkin until after Halloween as they are very expensive as people here tend to use them only for making lanterns out of . what a waste I love the vegetable but do not get to eat much as it is only sold for limited time. I like to make a soup out of it as well and that is very tasty for the winter months.

Well enough of my gossiping and also I am getting tired bye and see you later purpleorc

Last edited by purpleorc; 10-10-2008 at 05:08 AM.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:55 PM   #22  
Rosebud

HI EVERYONE ~ well we had sun and rain, on and off all day. I spent the day doing laundry and cleaning house like a madcap ~ LOL! I can't believe I did so much, but my arms, legs, shoulders, and feet are very glad to remind me. So I am taking a break now to rest them up; only my fingies are doing the walking for now; lol!

DH took another load to the dump today: insulation from his shed which he tore down; he's almost done now. He's doing great, esp since all the help I tried to hire never showed up. I thought people wanted money today; oh, they want it, but they just don't wanna work for it ... I guess!

Tomorrow, we look at more places; hope we find something soon; I hate leaving things to the last minute. I was always the one who arrived early becuz I hate being late for anything; always Miss Punctual ~ lol! So all this waiting is very hard for me. I hoped for at least one week to move, at a reasonable pace, and one to tidy and clean up behind us. Our neigbours have been moving for more than three weeks now; apparently, they knew something before we did, but no-one cared to share that with us.

HEY PURPLE ~ I think you are very brave to try and dye your hair with a homemade potion; I know that you used to be able to buy a natural "HENNA" rinse for your hair. It does work, if you get the right one; but you have to be careful not to put on too much or you'll end up with 'fire engine' red hair ~ lol!

I didn't realize that you don't have Thanksgiving in the UK. Maybe you could start your own new tradition; you can make pumpkin custard from a real pumpkin; I do that all the time. You can bake it too, but just sprinkle it with a bit of brown sugar and cinnamon; and you will get the taste of what pumpkin pie is. I just know that you would love it; it is my DH's favorite pie, so here's a recipe for it ...

PUMPKIN PIE ~ is a custard baked in a flakey crust: made with 2 cups of mashed, cooked pumpkin with 2-3 eggs, 1 cup canned evaporated milk, 3/4 cup brown sugar, and spices like 1 tsp EACH cinnamon & nutmeg; 1/2 tsp mace or vanilla, and a pinch of cloves. I like to put a tablespoon of molasses in as well, to give it a richer flavor and color. Here's a tip: 1 cup of something is about the same amount as an average coffee mug (not the huge ones; just a regular one). Bake at 350 F for 50 minutes (or in a medium-hot oven until the custard is set to the touch).

HI VAL ~ TGIF ... hope you have a great weekend!

HI TO MEOWEE ~ hope the trip to the Vet turned out alright; and that your weather is warming up for you. We actually had in the 50's today; yeah!!!

WE saw a big, beautiful rainbow today; I always love to see them, as they lift my spirits to no end (they represent GOD keeping His promises to us; maybe this was a sign of hope for us). Hope you all have a lovely evening, your friend ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-09-2008 at 10:23 PM.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:06 AM   #23  
MSer living healthy

hello ladies

Well my experience yesterday to do a colour rinse on my hair was unsuccessful So I spent all that time for nothing smelling like a herbal shop and not to say all the effort. I have heard of henna but like you I am wary to use it as I know I will get some awful colour rather than some beautiful colour which I want. Mixing the henna leaves and the rest of the concoction together takes some time as well. Maybe the health store does a temporary colour of a henna rinse rather than actual dye.

DH is helping nephew move house today so I thought I would take the time to do some window shopping. Though I will have to rake out my walking stick as I need it when DH is not around to prop me up I do not particularly like having my walking stick but needs must as they say. I think I feel self conscious of it more than anything. I am sure no one is looking at me but I just feel that they are.

ROSEBUD Weird how the hired help never turned up to help DH as you say in this day and age you would think people would be grateful for the money. I could not do that to someone either not just turn up I would feel so bad that my conscious would never let me do it. Though other people do not have any qualms about letting folk down. It really baffles me that one

The pumpkin pie sounds delicious and I am sure I would like it. There is not much I do not like when it is sweet I think DH would love it too as he has a sweeter tooth than myself.

I love the theory about rainbows that it represents God keeping his promises. I have never heard that one before but I like that thought. No we have the more traditional ones that there is a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow but I like Gods promises being kept much nicer.

Right I have to go as I am going into town and I haven't don't my hair as yet it is still sitting in the plait that I have for bedtime so it does not tangle up. purpleorc

Last edited by purpleorc; 10-10-2008 at 05:09 AM.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:54 AM   #24  
Onward and Downward

Oh wowee . . . yesterday was not a good day . . . except in the eating department, strangly enough.

Hopefully today will be better all around -- without screwing up on the eating side.

Have a good Friday . . . see you later . . .
Old 10-10-2008, 11:58 PM   #25  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ we had a beautiful, sunny day today (all day); then tonight we decided to have a bonfire by the stars and 3/4 moon. It was lovely sitting on the deck watching it light up the yard; one of my most favorite pastimes ...

WE spent almost the entire day looking a places. Two were not suitable for us; BUT one of them has great potential, only we still have to do some more investigation on it. We are waiting for a callback on it; which we should get pretty soon.

HI PURPLE ~ hope your next venture of hair tinting works out better for you. Yah, we had tried to hire two different young fellows, but I guess they were too busy. If we get really ... desperate, we'll contact our local employment office for a couple of strong, young men.

HI MEOWEE ~ hope you have a better day tomorrow and a nice Thanksgiving weekend too.

We will be having a turkey with yams, and white turnips from our garden; and pumpkin pie and custard for dessert. I wanted to mention that for the custard, I just sprinkle a lightly greased glass dish with wheat germ or whole wheat flour very lightly, and pour the custard mixture into the dish and bake the same as for DH's Pumpkin Pie. I make enuff pumpkin custard filling for one large pie for him and a custard for me.

HIYA VAL !

I'm off to bed now, so take good care, your friend ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-11-2008 at 12:02 AM.
Old 10-11-2008, 06:03 AM   #26  
MSer living healthy

Hi ladies

Firstly to all Canadian for this weekend hope you have a lovely time. It sure does come round quickly it does not seem a year since the last Thanksgiving.

Today we are going to friends for a meal and then on to play cards with them so looking forward to that. Though my tummy is slightly on the sore side after having a bout earlier in the week with my tummy ulcer. It was my fault I ate something way too fatty I should know better on the healthy eating front and the ulcer one. So I paid for my negligence big time only blessing is now that the severe pain only lasted 12 hours which before my treatment commenced it was 72. The only trouble is after that my tummy is tender after that and becomes swollen. I could not believe it that I put 3" on around my waist from the swelling but it is slowly going down. So I am going to be careful how much I eat tonight and then I should be OK. I know her food is healthy as they are eating healthy. The trouble with them they eat healthy all week only to go away with a motorhome at the weekend where they drink a fair amount of alcohol and all the wrong foods. So they are in a revolving door syndrome as I call it they never get anywhere as they undo all their excellent work during the weekend. She asks me how have I done my weight loss and I explain but then does not follow it but blames it on medication. I know it is nice to have treats I am first in line for those but they can not be so frequent otherwise you are not going to get anywhere. Until the penny drops where they are going wrong then they will never get anywhere. It is a shame as they are a nice couple whom I love dearly but as you say you can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink it.

MEOWEE I hope you have a better day today after the bad one yesterday. At least it is Thanksgiving this weekend so a nice celebration for you and your family.

ROSEBUD
Shame about the hired hands not turning up it is all you need when you are in the process of moving.

You are making my mouth water with the fayre you are having for Thanksgiving it sounds so nice and even a couple of vegetables which are home grown so even better. They always taste so much better than the shop bought ones as I remember from my Dad's garden when he gave us vegetables. He had to give the garden up due to his failing health the last couple years or so. I know he misses it as he has always had a garden from growing up to getting married.

Lets hope the house that you have looked at it the right one and the rainbow that you saw was the sign that God had kept his promises.

HELLO to VAL and CAFFIENEIV hope you are both well. Val for the lovely comments you wrote in the success thread boards that was very much appreciated and made me blush . Caffieneiv I hope your holiday here in the UK hav been enjoyable we have had a few nice days with weather here but a lot of overcast days. Not sure how much time you have left of your holiday as I can not remember how long you said you where going for as I have a brain like a sieve at times

bye ladies must go and see to my mail which I have seemed to avoided like the plague so take care and look after yourself

purpleorc
Old 10-11-2008, 09:17 AM   #27  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Weather for our long weekend is shaping up nicely . . . lot's of sunshine and temperatures about 18C (low to mid 60s F). Only beat the alarm by a couple of minutes this morning so I hope that means my internal clock is just about set to where I want it again, although think I'll keep setting the alarm for a few more days before trying to 'wing it'.

Nothing too big on the agenda for me today -- have to pick up some last minute ingredients for the pumpkin cheesecake I've promised to make for dessert for tomorrow. It will be made with lighter ingredients wherever possible but still not exactly a health-food.

Much as I try to resist, I imagine I will overeat tomorrow -- I'm not a big turkey fan but I definitely the stuffing and the gravy. Stuffing is my downfall.

Anyway . . . better get myself moving and shaking . . . have a great Saturday and I'll see you all later . . .
Old 10-11-2008, 10:54 PM   #28  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ we just stayed home today and I did laundry and stuff around the house while DH loaded some wood for storage. Not much else to report really; tonight, we had another bonfire to use up more of the extra wood we had here. So we sat outside for about an hour or so until it started to get too chilly.

HI MEOWEE ~ glad you are back on a good schedule and hope your Pumpkin Cheesecake turns out for you. I love turkey, dressing, and gravy; actually, I love it all ~ LOL! Oh well, it's a lovely celebration and only once a year.

HEY PURPLE ~ I always try to make lots of veggies at both Thanksgiving and Christmas, so that I fill up on them instead of the other stuff. With a bit of the others too, you really don't miss that much. I had a good day today as far as my meals were, but fell in the snack department: gobbled down some popcorn this afternoon, but I suppose that it could have been a lot worse than that. Hope your stomach is feeling better real soon.

HIYA VALDINE !!!

Well, I'm off to do a puzzle before bed; take good care ladies, your friend ROSEBUD
Old 10-12-2008, 10:43 AM   #29  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Busy day today and I'm already behind on my self-imposed schedule. It is a very good thing that these 'special days' only come around once a year.

BTW, just had to post this little article . . . http://www.everydayhealth.com/green-...iving_20081012 . . . we may all be doing more for the environmental concerns than we think. I know I got a few surprises. Not to say that we can't all do more, of course.

See you later . . .
Old 10-12-2008, 11:30 AM   #30  
MSer living healthy

Hi Ladies Happy thanksgiving for today

It is a glorious sunny day today so decided to wash the covers from my three piece suite and that I get them dry.

Been busy in the house today with chores doing a good Hoover throughout the house, scrubbed the kitchen floor and then got way to hot so energy just went out of the window at brake neck speed. Feeling better now I have sat down for a while and let my temperature go down. I have been left feeling tired but I hope that will go the more cooler I become.

I have still got to do my daily exercise but will go as soon as I am fit. Though I suspect it will be a small walk which is better than nothing. Yesterdays walk I run out of steam and had to stop at a café to recharge my batteries. Had a good 20+ plus stop which was enough to let me get going again. The homeward bound journey though is all downhill so much easier going that way than going.

Last night practised the fandango in the bathroom and failed miserably Well the truth of the matter I lost my footing in the bathroom and the next thing I knew I had fallen sidewards on the toilet banging my hip on there and my shoulder against the wall. It hurt and shook me up a bit but It could have been worse if the fall had not been broken some what.

Had a lovely night with friends yesterday, she cooked home made leek and potato soup, roast lamb (New Zealand) with steamed vegetables, then a low fat cheese cake. It was all very nice but the host was worried about how much I had ( or how little I had on) on my plate for the main course. I explained that with the meal as a whole I had eaten way more than I do normally even my DH agreed. I have to eat little and often. To me my dinner was a good sized meal and since starting on my health eating plan I did reduce the size of my portions and had much larger potions of things like fruit and vegetable to fill up on.

We then went on to play a game called RUMMIKUB which is a game with tiles with number values in 4 different colours and 2 jokes. You play it very much like a variation of rummy very enjoyable even though I came last but I love to take part in games I do not care whether I win or lose I just like the taking part. Played a card game and did equally as bad and came last again well at least I was consitant

MEOWEE The pumpkin cheesecake sound divine I think it is really nice to have these little blow outs on special meals like this as it helps us keep on plan the rest of the time. I often tweak my calories leading up to something like that by saving something like 100 to 150 per day it does not sound much but if you do it for a week it give you some 700 to 1050 extra to have on this day so over the week it all pans out to having no more than normal but it allows all these extra calories for the treats. Plus even if you go over the extra calorie limit it is not going to be too damaging. Some people exercise more to get rid of the extra calorie but for us with challenges to overcome doing more on the exercise front is not always a possibility.

ROSEBUD We are rapidly coming up to a night in the calendar that we celebrate and that is bonfire night which is on the 5th of November. This represents the foiled plan of Guy Fawkes blowing up the houses of Parliament hundreds of years ago. Since then a celebration has been done on this day. A effigy of Guy Fawkes is often made and burnt on the bonfire. This is a of thanksgiving to the fact the King on the throne at that time King Charles had been saved.

Also some of the British Commonwealth countries also celebrate this day but it maybe known as pope day. This is because there was great divide in this country about protestants and catholics. Guy Fawkes was catholic and wanted catholic rule as the rest of Europe was. Though still to this day we are a protestant country as our religion. Though unlike years ago other religions are allowed to be freely practised rather than being done secretly.

I will be going out bonfire night to friends to their party they have invited us. So quite looking forward to it. No particular special meal though bonfire toffee is usually eaten. Which has about 1000 calories per small piece. OK so I exaggerate a little about that but there is copious amounts of sugar, treacle and butter. All in all it rots your teeth and puts 14lbs on you just looking at it but it is absolutely yummy. We will celebrate it at the weekend as it bonfire night falls in the middle of the week. As you can imagine as soon as it gets dark you get lots of fireworks and the air smells of them as there is so many going of. It is certainly a nice tradition for visitors to the country to see with everywhere the eye goes there is fireworks galore.

Right gossipping and blabbering on I must start tracks with the tea as I have not made in roads in that department today. We are eating a cooked meal today at this time due to being rather full from yesterday so thought it would be best to leave it till later when we would be more hungry.

bye and take care ladies

purpleorc

Last edited by purpleorc; 10-12-2008 at 11:33 AM.
Closed Thread