Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 04-16-2007, 10:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 187/187/140

Height: 5'4

Default just had rotator cuff surgery

Hi,
I'm new and I just went threw rotator cuff surgery a couple weeks ago , there isn't to much I can do . I feel like i'm just sitting around getting fatter. has any one out there had this surgery ??
marymaybe
marymaybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:15 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I didn't have the surgery, but am recuperating from a broken shoulder. I have the same problem as you . can't do much.I can' t do much cooking, hard to do with one hand.I only use food I can nuke.The only exercise
I get is walking my dog.It is hard typing with one hand, too.Keep in mind it will get batter.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:47 AM   #3  
Meg

Hi Mary! I had rotator cuff surgery last year and send you my sympathies. It's a long, slow recovery. The only exercise that I was allowed to do for the first six weeks was ride an exercise bike. I did 30 minutes twice a day. After that, I slowly moved to the elliptical but had to be careful because that movement was painful at times. I added in leg exercises around the sixth week, such as leg press, extensions, and curls.

I discussed all this with my doctor and physical therapist, of course! I assume you're going to PT - maybe they can help you with exercise ideas?

It's taken a year for my strength and range of motion to get back to where it were - on all but shoulder exercises, I'm still a little weak there. Hang in there, it really will all come back even though it doesn't seem that way now.

Since I couldn't exercise as much as usual, I was super careful with my calories. But it's very hard to avoid the feeling sorry for yourself eating, I know!

Best of luck to you in your recovery!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote