3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Diabetes Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diabetes-support-203/)
-   -   July Diabetes/Prediabetes Support Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diabetes-support/297444-july-diabetes-prediabetes-support-chat.html)

Daisynyc 07-13-2014 03:49 PM

Hi there. Newly diagnosed Type 2. Obese, freaked out and no clue where to begin. I knew I was overeating/bingeing on carbs, but I was shocked to learn I was diabetic. AIC is 10.3%.

When I found out, last week, I promptly bought myself a glucose monitor and began testing regularly. I also went on a fairly drastic low carb diet beginning yesterday, and my sugars have begun to creep down nicely. Post-lunch (2 hours) was 163. But wow - I am not sure I can do this forever!

Anyway, sorry to barge in here. :) Some background: 43 years old. Married mom of two. Work part time (attorney). Looking forward to learning more and reading posts.

pattygirl63 07-13-2014 06:18 PM

Daisy:welcome3: You aren't barging in on us. We are glad you have found us and hope you will come back. Your reaction to your diagnosis is normal. I think we all were probably shocked when we heard that news. We are all here for each other.

I did exactly what you did a few years ago when I went to the doctor because I knew my bs was up again. I got right on to Atkins and got my bs back to normal and the went right back to my bad habits. If you don't think you can stick to low carb (I'm not sure how low you are doing), I would suggest finding a low carb plan that you can live with. Some of us who can't do a very low carb plan like Atkins, do a modified version of it.

Saying that, I think I'm going to have to get on Atkins Induction for a few days to get rid of the cravings I'm suddenly having. Didn't do well today and I have a church pot luck supper to go to Wednesday night. I had not originally planned to go and I'm not sure I can go to it or not because I really need to start Atkins Induction tomorrow and do it for a minimum of 7 to 10 days. I'll have to see. But tomorrow is going to be Day 1 of Atkins Induction for me.

Wannabehealthy 07-13-2014 07:15 PM

Welcome Daisy! Glad to see any and all newcomers. We were all newcomers at one time and now we have a nice friendly little group. Doing it forever is pretty much it. In time, you may learn what carbs you can eat in what quantities, but unless you undergo bariatric weight loss surgery, diabetes isn't going anywhere. Some people lose a lot of weight and bring their blood sugars down to normal levels, but they still have to watch their carbs or it will be right back. We have all struggled with it here, so we can give you the support you need to get through the tough times. Maybe in return you can give us some free legal advice. LOL

I really blew it big time today but it was totally worth it. I ate very light at breakfast and lunch because I knew we were going out for dinner. I had a stuffed pork chop with a baked sweet potato, green beans and a salad, and I ate every last bite. It was delicious! I have not tested to see what damage I've done, but I will be back on track tomorrow. At least I didn't eat the rolls. LOL

dgramie 07-13-2014 07:57 PM

I got 3 of my grandkids in Friday and they went home today. We ate out Friday night and I did good carb wise but had fried fish. Grease really hurts my stomach. Then yesterday we had fried chicken sweet corn squash and cornbread. FBS was 104 this morning. Hubby has been wanting white beans and all the fixings so today I made a pot. We has leftover sweet corn and fried green tomatoes and fries potatoes and corn bread and sliced ripe tomatoes. Hubby did a post meal check and it was 204. I did one and it was 93.
No more bad meals for us. Back to grilled meats and 2 veggies one being a carb.
On a postitive note we have gotten lots of exercise walking.

Shannonsnail 07-13-2014 11:57 PM

:welcome3: Daisy!

Your reaction is totally normal and it takes a while to realize the change in eating is pretty much permanent and accepting that. I eat low carb high fat and am having alot of success with weight loss and blood glucose improvement. I am prediabetic. If you want some recipes to try or have questions about cooking with low carb ingredients I am happy to help! This is a great group. I hope you'll check in often!

Shannonsnail 07-14-2014 12:01 AM

My day was so crazy but I did NOT eat anything at the party other than a few nuts and diet soda. So proud of myself. Kid birthday parties have really tripped me up before (I have 3 more in the next 2 weeks!). It helped though that I ate right before leaving and all my family members were asking about my weight loss and how I eat, lol! Afterward we went back to the town we are potentially moving to and ate dinner, visited my brother and rode by the house again. I ate the same meal that worked for me Friday when we were there last.

moonkissed 07-14-2014 07:43 AM

my FBS was 131 this morning. I over did it last night but learned that my appetite is already alot less then it used to be. We had tacos & in the past I would pig out eating 6-8! :o Last night I was stuffed after 2. Sadly I ate a third because my brain didn't get the message sigh. I have to remind myself that it is so much more mental then physical and be prepared for that.

Today I am all in the game and excited to do much better! I had scrambled eggs loaded with zucchini, summer squash & spinach. So yummy. Now going to eat an apple and check my BS later to see how the apple does to me.

I am volunteering down at the animal shelter today! Super nervous as its my first time but it will involve some walking to get there so yay exercise lol

Daisy :welcome: to the party!! I agree with others to make sure whatever plan u r on is one that you can live with because alot of people find that if they do too restrictive they end up burning out and going right back to how they were before.

Shannon good job not letting the party trip you up!! :carrot:

dgramie 07-14-2014 08:14 AM

Fbs was 128 today. I had chicken salad on crackers last night. Guess I had to many.
Not sure what we are eating today. Hubby is already asking for leftovers. I on the other hand am ready to move on.
Lots of rain overnight.

Shannonsnail 07-14-2014 10:11 AM

Woohoo! Party time! I reached a new low! 179.4 today.....new decade!! BS before bed was 100 and FBS was 98.

Hubby is trying to confirm with his boss today that they will not ask him to move (he has been in a trial period of being "virtual") before we decide about making an offer on that house. I think we are ready to move forward if they give the ok. We had alot of heated discussions over the weekend about moving/not moving. I'm kind of tired of such discussions and am reaching a state of no longer caring. Just took his breakfast up and boss gave ok so he is writing up our terms. Fingers crossed everyone!

Wannabehealthy 07-14-2014 10:16 AM

Dgramie, your hubbys blood sugar responded the way mine would if I had eaten that same meal. I am really surprised at your 93, but that's really good! I think you could change your chicken salad with crackers to chicken salad with celery sticks. I used to eat a lot of crackers but now they are in the cupboard getting stale. I think the birds will be getting them soon, or I'll crush them and use them in meatloaf etc.

Shannon, you are doing great! I think your biggest impact is your weight loss. I'm sure your family was impressed and happy for you. When we bought our house it was on my way home from work and I rode past it every day while we were waiting for our loan approval.

My FBG was 175 this morning. I am not going to take my glimiperide because my breakfast was just eggs and veggies and I intend to exercise later and I don't want my BS to take a nose dive. I think it will go down by itself with exercise. I'm going to try to get back to tracking regularly. I need to do something to get the scale moving.

Moonkissed, here is a trick I do with tacos. I eat one taco loaded with lots of veggies, then I put some meat, cheese, tomatoes and sauce over a big bed of lettuce and eat it as a salad without the tortilla. It tastes like a taco. Neither of us like sour cream on ours so that works out. Anyway, I buy plain greek yogurt and always substitute that for sour cream.

dgramie 07-14-2014 01:33 PM

Carol sue-no matter what I eat during the day my readings are 110 or less. My morning readings are always the highest of the day.
So far today I am doing great! Egg and a slice ham for breakfast. Lunch was chicken salad on romaine lettuce. Yum!! So very little carbs so far. Dinner will be squash cooked down real good and pork culet baked. I may allow myself a serving of beans but no cornbread.

pattygirl63 07-14-2014 02:08 PM

My fbs was 161 down a little from yesterday, but it should of, could have been better if I hadn't been feeding my cravings yesterday. But today is a New day and I am back on low carb although NOT Atkins. I think I just need to get on a modified low carb that I can live with. That is what I was doing before the trip. It may take me a week or so to get the fbs back down to normal area, but it will come. Carol Sue I'm starting up my exercise again today too which I know will help a lot.

I'm reading some of Dr. Mercola's stuff too. I am going to work at giving up most bread/wheat eating. I've copied some of his articles and will be reading them more closely than I was able to on line. I have found out somewhere on line the difference in Atkins low carb and Paleo/Primal low carb. Paleo/Primal says eat range free animals, eggs, organic foods, etc. While I'm sure Atkins isn't against that, Atkins does not make it a requirement. I would love to eat the Paleo/Primal way, but on Social Security and having to feed a 20 yr old young man, that isn't even in the realm of possiblity.

I love how we learn from each other. Example, Carol Sue You said you don't usually want toast because you eat your eggs with greens and mushrooms etc. I decided this morning that I only want toast with regular fried eggs. This morning I made an omelet with 2 eggs, salsa, jalapenos, cheese, bacon and frozen baby kale. Didn't miss the toast at all. Dr. Mercola seems to think corn is okay for insulin. I will see if he is right. I'm cooking chicken wings, corn on the cob (both my favorites) and broccoli mixture. I will test later to see how it effects my bs. Dinner will be steak and green beans. I've also gone back to using Stevia instead of Splenda. I won't be eating out enough to use Splenda. I could start drinking lemon water without sweetner when eating out.

BBL for indies.

pattygirl63 07-14-2014 05:38 PM

Intended to do 20 min on the bike and I did 30 minutes instead. So proud of myself for that one. I'm still OP. Calories for today will end up being 1515 calories and carbs are in the 70s.

Shannon :cp: Great job at the party. :crossed: That things go good on your contract.

dgramie Crackers are a weakness of mine too especially with a good salad. When I'm in control, I can handle less than a regular serving every once in a while, but when I'm in an over carbed state like I've been the past few weeks, they are a real problem for me. I can't really make anything a total restriction or it becomes a bigger problem so I just have to make them off limits for the moment. I hope that someday they will become stale in the cabinet as Carol Sue does.

moonkissed I love tacos and I've learned to just make mine a taco salad. I start with what could become a chef salad and then put taco meat on it. It is really good. I have taken 1 taco shell and broken it around the bowl for decor so I will not over eat the taco shells.

Daisy and Rennie Hope things are going good with y'all.

Have a good day everyone.

Shannonsnail 07-14-2014 11:04 PM

Ya'll are not going to believe this! I just did an interview with HEALTH magazine about using lifestyle interventions to "beat prediabetes"! Crazy!! If I find out I'm included in the print version I will let you know!

dgramie 07-15-2014 08:10 AM

Fbs was 115. I need to go back to a bedtime snack and get that number lower.
Today I plan to be outside and enjoy the cooler weather. Hubby and I will be walking after dinner.

moonkissed 07-15-2014 09:34 AM

Carol Sue & Trish thanks! That is a great idea to add the taco meat to a salad. I will remember that for next time for sure!

Shannon Congrats :carrot: on the weightloss new low! Also how cool that you got to do an interview for a magazine! That is so neat.

Wannabehealthy 07-15-2014 11:03 AM

Shannon, I subscribe to Health, so I'm hoping to see your interview in a coming issue! How did that interview come about?

All this talk about tacos and taco salads makes me want to make tacos for dinner today. I bought a set of those pans to make taco bowls but I have yet to buy the low carb tortillas. I'm finding that not all stores carry them. It doesn't seem that there's a big demand for them. DH and I both got a high blood pressure spike that we believe was from the packaged taco seasoning so I am planning to try a substitute next time. I think someone gave me a recipe to mix your own spices where you can control the amount of salt. I will have to look in my online recipe file and see if it's there. Last time I tried just mixing salsa with the meat and that didn't do it for me. If nothing else, I might try just adding a small amount of the seasoning, just for the flavor.

Wannabehealthy 07-15-2014 11:09 AM

Saw this in the paper this morning.

http://livinlavidalowcarb.com/blog/d...a-claims/22545

https://dreamfieldssettlement.com/?g...dwgaAgDn8P8HAQ

I think I bought it once but was not impressed. I don't eat much pasta of any kind. It doesn't spike my blood sugar as badly as bread, especially if I have meatballs or other protein with it.

dgramie 07-15-2014 01:16 PM

Carol sue - I buy low sodium taco seasoning from time to time. I prefer to use cumin and some garlic and a sprinkle of chili powder and throw in a can of diced green chilis
I am finding I don't miss the shells much.
I picked my first ripe tomato today. They are about 2 wks later than normal. Squash is doing great this yr. I have picked 57 off of 5 heels so far this yr. I am excited because my garden didn't produce well last yr. I will have bell peppers till frost.

pattygirl63 07-15-2014 01:24 PM

Carol Sue I just read an article by Dr. Mercola that said not to trust labels.

Today is day 2 OP. I'm in the process of going to Dr. Mercola's website and read some of his articles. Although I can't do the range free and organic foods, I still can learn a lot that I may be able to help with my plan.

Not much else to report today. So I'll just make this a flyby.

Y'all have a really great day.

Shannonsnail 07-15-2014 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wannabehealthy (Post 5041041)
Shannon, I subscribe to Health, so I'm hoping to see your interview in a coming issue! How did that interview come about?

All this talk about tacos and taco salads makes me want to make tacos for dinner today. I bought a set of those pans to make taco bowls but I have yet to buy the low carb tortillas. I'm finding that not all stores carry them. It doesn't seem that there's a big demand for them. DH and I both got a high blood pressure spike that we believe was from the packaged taco seasoning so I am planning to try a substitute next time. I think someone gave me a recipe to mix your own spices where you can control the amount of salt. I will have to look in my online recipe file and see if it's there. Last time I tried just mixing salsa with the meat and that didn't do it for me. If nothing else, I might try just adding a small amount of the seasoning, just for the flavor.

I just saw a posting from one of my favorite low carb food bloggers about needing female prediabetics to talk to the magazine and sent my contact info, totally wasn't expecting to actually hear from anyone, lol! I just sent over my before and after pics so we'll see!

On the subject of tacos, if you have a Trader Joes, their prepackaged seasoning is all spices. You can also make your own. I just made taco pie last night, shredded mexican beef tacos the night before (I either make it as a salad or make my own tortilla from scratch, wheat free, low carb) and today we ate lunch at Moe's! I love Mexican! Giving up chips has been hard.

FBS was 114 today....I was fasting from like 7 pm til 10 am when I tested, I think my liver dumped bc I had a great day yesterday and was 100 at bedtime.

Wannabehealthy 07-15-2014 02:52 PM

I don't understand that liver dumping. Before I was diabetic, I sometimes went for long periods of time without eating, for various reasons. I would get very hungry to the point of getting shaky, but eventually that would go away. Was that a liver dump?

lotsakids 07-15-2014 06:31 PM

Patti - Skinny girl has a liquid stevia that is small enough to fit in your purse. I carry one with me so that I can use it instead of other sweeteners.

I need to check my bs more regularly - I've been off since returning from our trip to biblequiz nationals.

I did get back on my exercise but not my bs checking :P

Wannabehealthy 07-15-2014 06:58 PM

Hi Donna! Good to see you here. I think I am paranoid about checking my blood sugar and trying trust myself. If I KNOW I've stayed on low carb, I try not to check as often.

Today was such an off plan day! I was good with my eggs this morning and a salad for lunch, but we went out for dinner and I had a Pittsburgh Turkey Sandwich (french fries and cole slaw ON the sandwich) then came home and ate a bowl of ice cream with chocolate syrup. My husband is having a lot of pain again which he thinks is from the shingles. I keep telling him to go to the doctor because I have a feeling that something else is going on but he says no. I am blaming my poor eating on the stress I'm feeling over him, especially since we just left the funeral home for a family friend who died from cancer. If he would get this checked out it would make me feel a whole lot better.

Liliann 07-15-2014 08:30 PM

Hello Ladies...Hoping I can chime in here..I have been told twice by my medical doctor that am pre-diabetic..Done lab test last month and according to the results, it was at 108.. and that put me at risk for getting it.

Then I check FBS at home kit, have Breeze 2 and its at 132 before dinner tonight.

I had seen my medical doctor Tues morning and now am going to weigh in on thier scale. I gained 4 Lbs...But still holding steady on my 33 Lbs lost so far and do have a long way to go. My doctor pushing me on avoiding all breads/rolls,white and wheat, pasta, rice, all potatoes..and that leaves me on my new foods staples on fruits,veggies and proteins...

I had been eating wheat bagels, fiber one that I think hinders my gain and spike on my sugar level at home. Tuesday I did good, ate fruits and dinner sauages w green peppers!!

I am here to gain knowlege and offer moral support to beat the diabetes ,,which I am strongly changing my food items more healthier now. I am not tracking/dieting per say..am not a journling type..so am eating when am hungry..of fruits,veggies and proteins.

Well, I will check in later..Been reading all of your posts and you all sounds nice. I am home daily, but will do my best on posting more on this thread..

Thank you for listening and looking forward to beat this ...Have a nice Wednesday..

Shannonsnail 07-15-2014 10:03 PM

:welcome: Liliann! I, too, am prediabetic. I have improved my glucose results through frequent home testing. I have found that cutting out bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, corn and sugared items works for me. At first I did not think I could give those up but discovered once I did my cravings lessened and those foods no longer called to me like they once did. I'm almost 4 months into changing my diet and I still slip up and get distracted by carbs but mostly I do pretty good. I do not count anything and have lost 31 lbs so far. We look forward to hearing more from you!

Shannonsnail 07-15-2014 10:08 PM

I gotta tell ya'll I'm dying over here! We are still waiting to hear back from the sellers on our offer. My agent emailed me today around 4:30 and said their agent said we would hear tonight. It's 10 pm and nothing. Grrr, hate waiting!!

Liliann 07-16-2014 06:53 AM

Shannon...Thanks for the welcome! Good luck with your home buying..hoping the deal goes well.

My morning fbs is 123..

Have a great day all..Will check in later..

moonkissed 07-16-2014 07:49 AM

My FBS was 131 this morning which honestly is way better then I was imagining. I almost didn't check because I was so worried it would be high. I had a pizza binge last night :( Luckily I was smart enough to get thin crust with lots of veggies so that helped somewhat I guess. If I didn't stuff myself until I was sick...

I am so upset at myself. I am never going to lose this weight if I keep having slip up binges. It is like if food is involved my head shuts off and all I can think about is stuffing my face.

But today will be better! I am not giving up. I can only learn from my mistakes and try harder.

Wannabehealthy 07-16-2014 08:42 AM

Welcome, Liliann! Good to see you here. This can be a tough road, but you can do it!

Moonkissed, we have all made the same mistakes. Pizza is one of my worst foods and we used to have pizza often. DH still has it, but the closest I get is to pull the cheese and toppings off one slice and eat that, even though, being a bread lover, the crust is the best part. That's my problem with carbs, too, once I start eating them I stuff myself. As you start eating more low carb foods the call of the carbs will become more distant. I have had issues the past couple days but I think once I get back to eating my veggies things will improve. I too went through a period when I didn't test because I didn't want to see the high number, but guess what...even if you don't see it, it's still there, and it's still doing irreversible damage to your body. So make sure to test when you think you aren't doing well. It will show you the importance of healthy eating. Just forget the pizza binge and move on!

Liliann 07-16-2014 09:39 AM

Carol Sue...Thanks for the welcome!

Moon...:hug: Hang in there...and you said it, never give up..Its a on going battle and keep plugging along. We all sometimes slip up..So No Guilt,and move on..Have a better day..YOU can do it!! :)

had 2 peaches and 1 sausage link for my morning meal..and drinking water..

Everyone have a great day..

pattygirl63 07-16-2014 11:06 AM

Lillian WELCOME!!! This is truly a learning experience. You can do this.

Shannon Hope you hear on the house today. I know the waiting is no fun. Been there done that. :hug: They buyer is ready for an answer and it seems like the realtor or seller doesn't get in as big of a hurry as we do.

Moonkissed I know those stupid binges really get to us sometime. I thought I got passed binges until the past few weeks. I think this is where we just have to learn what lessons we can take from it and move on. Don't get hung up on guilt.:hug: Keeping your attitude of "not giving up" is the key to success or at least I hope it is. I always believe that as long as I keep trying that someday it is all going to fall in place for me.

According to Dr. Mercola, the foods that we crave are probably the foods that we have an allergy to. :?: IDK if that is true, but it is interesting. After all, he eats Paleo and doesn't think you should eat any grains except for only a limited few which I didn't see all that he did allow except for corn because that is one of my favorites.

Speaking of learning from our mistakes. I've decided that I am a night eater and I need to make that work for me. About a year ago or so I did Intermittent Fasting with Intuitive Eating and it was doing great for me. I did a 16 hour fast with an 8 hr eating window and even able to make my eating window only 5 hrs. My weight and my fbs was coming down. And then I made the mistake of telling my doctor what I was doing and he said that he didn't want me fasting. Well, I've done nothing but struggle since then. So maybe I should go back to what was working. And this is why...

I told y'all that I've been reading Dr. Mercola articles and that lead me to looking up info on Intermittent Fasting (IF). Actually research shows that IF works very well for some diabetics. Some even use IF to do paleo/low carb diets and I read where even David Mendosa now does IF. He said he had really struggled to lose weight and get his weight off and then he started gaining again. He decided to try IF and he said it has been the easiest weight loss and maintenance he has ever done.

When I was a teenager and ate more Intuitive way of eating, I didn't eat breakfast except on rare occasions like on trips or vacation. Since I was in school I didn't eat until lunchtime which was any where from 12 to 2 depending on what grade I was in. Then we had supper/dinner around 5:30 pm when Daddy got home from work. I suddenly realized yesterday that not only was I doing IE; I was doing IF and I didn't even know it. I've always said that I had no weight problems until I started eating 3 meals and snacks which now I realize had me eating outside of what IF would call my normal eating window which most of my life was never more than a five hour window. And I was very healthy until I started adding too many junk foods. So my theory is that I just need to go back to eating according to my original "normal" eating pattern and things will correct itself. It is sure worth giving it the "old college try".

Like I said above, I know that I am night eater now at least until I get this going again. So I'm going for the 16 hr fast with an 8 hr eating window. Then as that begins to become normal again, I may even be able to go back to the old 5 hr eating window. I understand that this is easier to do eating low carb so I probably will make most although not all my foods low carb. I don't want to have any restrictions on food right now. I didn't have them when I did it naturally and I don't want it now because I don't want to set myself up for failure. I read that it takes 3 days to get past cravings and then it becomes easier. I also read Moonkissed tat when we change our way of eating to lower fbs that it takes a while. So don't be too hard on yourself. You are doing good as long as it is coming down and you are learning what does and doesn't work for you. If what Dr. Mercola says is true, I would suspect you are allergic to the flour in the pizza. I know I have a tendency to like that too. However, given time when you get your bs under control, you may be able to handle the pizza. I can now eat only 2 pieces of pizza rather than 3 or more. However, I don't buy it with the toppings I like. DH and DGS only like pizza with extra cheese and sauce and mushrooms. So I don't get tempted for more as long as I don't add other toppings to it.

I think I've learned a lot about myself through my experimenting. Today my fasting will be until 2 or 3. And I want to make my cut off of eating no later than 8 pm any night. This work out so that I have a at least 4 hrs fasting before I go to bed at midnight and give me a 5 hr eating window for today. It will work out this way today because DH has found a tool place here in town... God help us. We used to have to go to NC to shop at the tool place there. What is it about these men that they have to have tools they never use? Any way I will get some walking done while he looks around and then we will walk at Sam's club today as well.

Sorry, too talkative today so I will close off.

Y'all have a great day.

Shannonsnail 07-16-2014 11:59 AM

Eeeeeeeek! They countered and we responded.....more waiting......

pattygirl63 07-16-2014 12:36 PM

Fasted only 13 1/2 hrs since last night. FBS today is 125. Good news. :carrot: Decided to make eating window today 12:30 to 8:30. A good start.

Sorry didn't intend to hit button. Breaking fast with low carb, eggs, Canadian bacon and cheddar cheese. Drinking coffee with Stevia only. According to Dr. Mercola Stevia is a good alternative to sugar and we lose health benefits of coffee when using cream/creamers. Also he says 2 or 3 cups is good especially before exercising.

Shannon Good luck. :)

dgramie 07-16-2014 02:01 PM

My fbs was 114 today. Know I was a bit high in carbs at dinner.
Today I had my new addiction for lunch. I love chicken salad on hearts of romaine. I truly can't get enough of it!!!
Dinner tonight will be meatloaf and corn in the cob. I will add some Cukes and sliced tomatoes to my plate.
I put up 5 bags of corn this morning. I hope to get enough put up to feed us this winter. We only eat it every few weeks.
Anyone have luck baking with Splenda ? Hubby wants a fresh peach pie.

lotsakids 07-16-2014 02:31 PM

well, I checked my fbs this morning and it was 66! I drank good girl moonshine before bed last night (water, apple cider vinegar, stevia, and ginger) I'd heard that ACV lowers blood sugar and so far its working!

pattygirl, I got interested in IE when I read that it is actually good for diabetics. I've been doing it now for about a month. I find that doing this I have no trouble getting my exercise done (one day I waited to do my walk until after my first meal and that was hard!) I was stuck at 188- 190 for more than 3 months and I was 179.4 today. I do the 16/8 so sometimes if we eat late I adjust the next day's start meal accordingly.

Wannabehealthy 07-16-2014 03:03 PM

Donna, congrats on the low blood sugar and the weight loss! It is all good. The 66 would have scared me, but that's not because it's too low, but more because I ran so high for so long that high seems normal to me.

There for a while I was putting ACV and lemon juice in my water bottle but I didn't notice any improvement so I got away from it.

Trish, I agree that if the 5 hour window was working for you, you should not have let the doctor sway your decision. I realize that it's his job to keep you from doing something harmful, but IMO IF is not the same as an all day fast, even though some do it. It you can limit your eating to 5 hours and not overeat, go for it. It's what works for YOU. I am the opposite of you, that I do most of my eating in the day when I am more active and very little in the evening when I'm more sedentary.

Shannon, I am getting nervous for you over the house, but since you are negotiating, I feel that you are going to get it, unless they push you to go higher than you think the house is worth. I'm so anxious to hear what happens!

I am totally screwed up right now. I think I made too drastic of a change cutting out the veggies. When I first started eating them I said that I felt as though all the nutrients was cutting my carb cravings. Well, cutting the veggies has brought my carb cravings to a head. I am replacing the veggies with starchy carbs that are not in my best interest. This morning at the grocery store I was looking for a high fiber bread and although I couldn't find the double fiber bread in my store, I found a very good Pepperidge Farms whole wheat. It was so good, I have had 6 slices already today. I KNOW I cannot eat bread. It is my trigger food. I don't know what made me think I would be reasonable about it. Just tested and I am at 232 and had to take a glimiperide, which I was trying to avoid. Tomorrow, it's back to the veggies. I will not be eating the huge servings of kale, but I will add some kale in with other veggies to get myself away from all these carbs. I learned a big less in the past couple days.

Since we ate out yesterday I will be making the tacos today. I saw some high fiber tortillas but they were larger than what we usually use so I bought the 0 fiber ones. I will put some black beans on my taco and in my taco salad. It will work for me.

Wannabehealthy 07-16-2014 03:26 PM

I have a question for those of you who use Polaner SF Blackberry Preserves and similar products. If blackberries are already sweet, why do they need to add artificial sweetener. I don't care for the taste of excessively sweet products,. I think I would prefer a spread made just from the blackberries but can't find it other than making my own.

Liliann 07-16-2014 03:36 PM

Donna...Great job om FBS !! That is my goal to be low in sugar level..

Carol Sue...Its tough on resisting breads...Stay strong.

Shannon...Sending good vibes on your new future home...Best wishes..

I made sauteed mushrooms with olive oil for lunch and 2 peaches for a snack..Before I ate the peaches...After lunch checked my Sugar and its 111..Golly!! The grains,bagels and carbs does hinder..and never knew about this..This will be an interesting journey. My medical doctor is really giving me the truth..and now am listening.

Enjoy your afternoon... :)

Shannonsnail 07-16-2014 05:24 PM

Still waiting to hear back on the house, supposed to hear by 5 pm and it is about 20 min past....going nuts! LOL! I was so distracted by checking my email all day I never figured anything out for dinner. We are hoping to have a celebratory dinner out but goodness, we may not know anything before we head out at this rate.

Carol Sue I really need some SF blueberry jam for a recipe I want to make and cannot find it anywhere so I've been considering making my own.