Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 03:20 PM   #181  
~Shannon

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabehealthy View Post
The echo went fine. Sometimes the tech will make comments, but this one didn't. I always have to wait until the doctor reviews it, anyway. Actually, we spend the whole time discussing her upcoming wedding. LOL She was excited and I think she just wanted to talk about it.

I would continue to eat that sauce and pasta combo but continue to test up to 3 hours afterwards. If you continue to be able to eat it without getting a spike, go for it! I notice I don't get as high a spike with pasta as I do bread. For me, bread is like eating a cup of sugar with a spoon!

I wouldn't be concerned about the stall on the scale. You have been losing good and your body is adjusting to that loss. I wouldn't change anything. You are sticking to plan very well and you will continue to lose.
Keep us posted on your results. I will check the 3 hr next time. My BS was lower than usual yesterday, around 85 shortly before dinner, so that could be why it didn't seem to spike. I'm definitely going to keep testing but excited that I might be able to do one normal thing like I've always done. Lately I feel weary of all the cooking and time in the kitchen. I enjoy cooking but other things are being neglected, like my crafty side and even some day to day cleaning, organizing....I just spend so much time in the kitchen. And I agree, just need to be patient and wait for the scale to start moving again. I have a goal to lose 8 lbs in June, I am just shy of my goal.
Old 06-26-2014, 07:15 PM   #182  

Height: 5'7"

Colonospcy was fine. Scope showed I have Barrett esphegus. So major diet changes. I started yesterday. I will eat mainly soft foods until things calm down a bit.
My lumpectomy has been changed to Monday. The dr is going to be out of town when it was scheduled.
My fbs was 94 today.
I cooked up the first mess of squash from my garden tonight. It was sooo good!!
Old 06-26-2014, 08:40 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

I'm home and thrilled that after eating IE style that I am down 2.8 lbs. FBS has remained in 120s to 130s. Highest reading was 152 one day, but I had loads of carbs (no options) and not sure all the 130s + were bad because I was up later at night and up early in mornings doing fbs too early. When I was able to check after good nights sleep, it was lower in 120s.

We took turns driving about 13 hrs yesterday deciding that we wanted to get home. I've been busy getting house back in order. Interesting thing is that I ate quite a bit of carbs on trip although, I did eat only 2 meals a day and only a few snacks although I did not eat much when I did eat snacks.

I think I have learned a few things about myself from this trip. One is that weighing everyday which IE recommends you don't do, just me be one of the things that has been working against me. Also, I don't think carbs are my enemy within reason. So I'm going to continue eating pretty much like I did on the trip and only weigh maybe 1 time a week. No calorie or carb counting, but just eat Intuitively. I did find that I do instinctively eat healthy foods when left to eat what I want to eat. I think maybe I just need to relax and stop being so caught up thinking about food all the time and worrying about what I'm eating.

dgramie Glad you found out part of your problem and can change diet to accommodate it. I hope all goes well with the lumpectomy. Praying for you.

Carol Sue and Shannon I'll catch up with y'all later. I am tired after long drive and house cleaning. I'll write more tomorrow.
Old 06-26-2014, 09:22 PM   #184  
~Shannon

Glad you are back home safe and sound Trish!
Old 06-27-2014, 11:45 AM   #185  

I saw a new book at Sam's Club in IN when DDIL and I were walking after dinner one evening. Talked myself out of buying another book, but couldn't get the book out of my mind. When DH and my DS and her hubby and I went to Sam's in Waco, I looked for and found the book and bought it. Wish I had bought one for my Daddy and will get one and send it to him if I can find it at our Sam's today. It is called SuperFoods 50 Best Foods to Change Your Life. It is full of info on foods and how they affect such things as lowers bp, bs etc.

Since I've come to realize that I really love eating healthier foods, this book will become my new guide to eating healthier foods to help heal or prevent health conditions etc that I need to be concerned about for me and my family. I will be eating lower carbs, however, it won't be Atkins low. Will still be more of a "personal plan" that I will create to fit the health needs of me and my family. We take loads of vitamins, however, I've always believed that if you knew how to eat that you wouldn't have to take so many of them because you would get them in your foods. I actually think DH is willing to start eating healthier foods now because he is tired of taking so many vitamins. We also walked and active as much as we could on the trip which I am sure helped a lot. I've decided to use the WW guide for eating plenty of fruits and veggies etc, but not count points. I think their 8 essential health guidelines are excellent guidelines to use with Intuitive Eating, but keep the starchy carbs at a minimum like 1 serving with a meal, but not eliminate them all together and use only the healthier fats like EVOO and CO.

Never was sure what fbs really was because of the timing of readings although I did keep up with it and wrote them down on my chart. FBS was 122 this morning. Weight was 219.6, but fluctuating daily weights are normal for me. So it is great to know that my trip didn't hurt the progress that I had made before we left. When we could, DH and I chose to eat at Cracker Barrel. We ended up eating the deep fried fish with veggies every time we ate there. I think we had fish everyday on our way home. DH has decided that he likes their fried fish better than Long John Silvers. I am so glad for that because I can have a salad and greens with the fish. I know the baked fish is better, but I don't think the fried once in a while balanced with the veggies will hurt me.

Shannon I wouldn't worry about the slight gain. If you have eaten off and having your monthly, you will probably see a loss in a few days. I remember years ago hearing someone at WW say that it sometimes takes 2 weeks back OP to see the drop in weight. Also sounds like you have been under a lot of pressure with the car in the shop, not enough sleep etc.

Carol Sue Praying for good news from tests. Let us know how it all goes.

Sorry this has been so long. Don't know if I've caught up or not so will just go from today. Shopping to do today to get healthy foods in the house. Y'all have a great weekend.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:12 PM   #186  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just popping in to see how the Sugar Babies are doing! Meowee used to call us that back in the day. Or maybe it was Ellen.

Anyhow, I'm really, really bogged down with work - mainly the Mill stuff - but am holding my own for weight and have pretty stable FBGL readings. Still have not gone for HA1C.

Keep up the good work! And don't forget we have a recipe section where we can collect those recipes.
Old 06-27-2014, 02:43 PM   #187  

Fbs was 99 today. I didn't snack before bed. I am pleased with my numbers and can't wait to see my next A1C.
Had leftover green beans and squash for lunch. How can I forget how much I love veggies.
Old 06-27-2014, 05:40 PM   #188  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgramie View Post
Fbs was 99 today. I didn't snack before bed. I am pleased with my numbers and can't wait to see my next A1C.
Had leftover green beans and squash for lunch. How can I forget how much I love veggies.
I wonder that too Dgramie. I was in the store today hitting the veggies. I am ready for a beautiful salad bought cabbage, brussel sprouts etc. I just love eating healthy.
Old 06-27-2014, 08:08 PM   #189  
~Shannon

Big bummer! Olivia came home from half day camp today and was really whiny (not unusual) and kept complaining about her mouth and tummy. Ended up taking her to the ped at the end of the day and she has strep. I had to cancel her birthday party that was going to be tomorrow afternoon :-( And, both hubby and I are not feeling so great so we may have it too. Gah!
Old 06-27-2014, 08:41 PM   #190  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannonsnail View Post
Big bummer! Olivia came home from half day camp today and was really whiny (not unusual) and kept complaining about her mouth and tummy. Ended up taking her to the ped at the end of the day and she has strep. I had to cancel her birthday party that was going to be tomorrow afternoon :-( And, both hubby and I are not feeling so great so we may have it too. Gah!
So sorry. Hope y'all are feeling better soon.
Old 06-27-2014, 08:42 PM   #191  

Ruthie Good to hear from you.

Bonnie, Rennie and others Check in.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:00 AM   #192  

Fbs was 95. My scales seem kinda stuck but I will keep at it and they will go down.
Old 06-28-2014, 10:49 AM   #193  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Hi Everybody

Trish, glad you're back

Shannon I hope the Shannon household feels better soon, sending God's healing power your way

... for that matter sending God's healing power everyone's way
Old 06-28-2014, 01:20 PM   #194  
Love Thyself

S/C/G: 231/199/165

Hello Ladies I hope i can jump in here having a tough day. I was diagnosed with diabetes in 2009 & did really good that year but then just (long story short...) things fell apart. I stopped taking meds, stopped going to the doctor, stopped testing, regained my weight.

But this week I decided to get my act back together. I went to the doctor and i love my new doctor. The next day I tested my FBS...it was 270! Now that I am on metformin it is going down alittle bit everyday. Today my FBS was 214. Still so high right? omg. How am I not dead

Metformin is making me sick as **** too. Plus I was also diagnosed with anxiety disorder & bipolar and am on meds for that which one of them says it can cause high BS and weight gain...fun!

How often do you guys test your BS?
Old 06-28-2014, 01:53 PM   #195  
~Shannon

Welcome Moonkissed! I am prediabetic and test my FBS most every day and test postprandial if I eat off plan or eat something unusual that I'm not sure about. My A1c was tipping over into a Type 2 diagnosis at end of year. In late March I started eating low carb and now my FBS (at home) is "normal". I have also lost 28 lbs.
Closed Thread