3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Diabetes Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diabetes-support-203/)
-   -   Diabetes Chat for April (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diabetes-support/256053-diabetes-chat-april.html)

pattygirl63 04-25-2012 10:56 AM

A quick flyby to say hello and I'm still here. Busy day today. Hope everyone is doing okay and having a great day.

geoblewis 04-25-2012 01:33 PM

Hey girls, I'm here for a flyby too. :p

I ate too late last night. Then didn't get enough sleep. FBS was 118 this morning.

It's too rainy to walk the dog this morning...maybe I'll try rowing while watching The Good Wife. Trying to get my mind off eating at the moment. Still dealing with constant hunger.

Rie, stress always raises my bs as well as my bp. And I want to eat more. And I can't sleep. And I'm crabby. Then I just want to do some online shopping...hope things get better for you soon!

Ruthxxx 04-25-2012 02:28 PM

Stress definitely raises my BS and it has been up the past few days. So is the weight but I know why! :( However, had a good workout at the gym today and then went to town. I did NOT go to the Chinese buffet although I was in sniffing range at 1 PM. I came home and had Greek yogurt and fresh blueberries instead. I may do a shrimp stir-fry tonight.

Jane 04-25-2012 10:05 PM

Busy day for me, and I'm just too tired to say much, but wanted to say hi and let you know that I enjoy learning from this great group!

geoblewis 04-26-2012 12:50 AM

I still struggle with eating too much. I really need to hack this issue. Today, I ate about 500 calories at breakfast and lunch. Then I was still hungry after lunch, so I kept finding protein/fat combos to induce satiety. I had planned to just do the 500 calories at dinner too, but then started feeling hungry again around 4. But no time to eat because we had the dog to walk during a lull in the storm, my son needed to go to the orthodontist, I had to get some meds for my mother and my other son had to deliver said meds and put her trash to the curb. It was 7 before I got to eat again. I had avocado, a NY strip steak, then a little chicken. And then two hard boiled eggs.

And I'm still hungry! I've had all my water (12 glasses). My carbs came in at 17 gm net today and my 2-hour pp was 106. I don't want to eat anything else. I just want to go to bed. Just someone, please tell my appetite to shut up!

It wasn't this bad before I started medication two months ago. It was there, but not this bad.

I didn't sleep well enough last night. Maybe that's it. I'm going to bed early and we'll see what tomorrow brings.

Ruthxxx 04-26-2012 08:17 AM

Weight is back down to 180 this morning and BGL is the usual 4.2. I've considered stopping testing it every morning but won't because I may have those awful lows again despite the change in my meds.

I really need to eat more vegetables! I seem to stick up on greens a lot but they end up in the compost. i did get some arugula yesterday in town and am leaning towards a salad with some HB egg protein for lunch today. When the weather is cold and rainy, salads just don't appeal, I'm afraid. I need a cook - or a mother!

fatmad 04-26-2012 08:51 AM

Georgia, I think a big green salad with full fat dressing might have helped your hungries. You were still under 20 g carbs, so it would have kept you in that range, and I think the chewing on the greens would have helped the appetite.

FOr my part, I really blew it on Tuesday, having pizza for lunch, and wings and nachos in the evening at a staff event. The latter was actually not too bad, as there were 8 of us, and I had smallish servings of each, but weight is up, not sure if retaining water or what, but definitely at 170 for now.

Had another all nighter and am still catching up on sleep. Less stress, as I don't have other responsibilities like doing lots of visits, but still getting enough sleep overall is hard. DD is home for a week before her new apartment is ready in town. She was really helpful last night, and we seem to get on fine these days. See how the week goes.

Riemontana 04-26-2012 10:37 AM

Hello friends!

fbs at 80 this morning. I overslept and didn't get in a workout so I will try to lift weights tonight or take a walk. My eating has been good.

Mad, I am glad that things are going well with your dd. Hopefully, you will get some sleep. Isn't it amazing how we used to do those all nighters and be fine by the next day. No more.... these days it takes me out for a long time:(

Ruth, when I am eating well, I have a salad with both lunch and supper. Maybe try to make it a "habit" rather than planning it into the menu. It sure helps me eat less when I do this.

Georgia, 17 carbs for the day is impressive. I hope it gets easier for you!

Hi to Trish, Jane, Chipper, and Carol. Off to work!

Rie

Bigbeautifulmama2012 04-26-2012 11:12 AM

Thank you all for all the well wishes. I was in the ER last night they said it might be a tendon or ligament tear. They want me to follow with an orthopedic doc so he can make sure. I start the nursing program on Monday, and need my foot!!! Yeah a tad stressed on that one. my bp was way high I am sure due to stress and pain. I hope the day brings peace, love, and happiness to all of you! :hug:

Wannabehealthy 04-26-2012 02:00 PM

Trish - I have always heard that if you eat some protein with your carbs you don't get the spike. I was in the hospital for my heart when they diagnosed my type 2. For breakfast, I always had a choice of cereals, plus a scrambled eggbeater and slice of toast. I usually chose oatmeal or cream of wheat and I think having the egg with it kept my bs from spiking. If oatmeal is a favorite of yours, you should try having a little protein with it.

Rie - I have tried having a snack at bedtime to regulate my fbs and it didn't seem to help. A nurse at cardiac rehab told me don't have the snack unless I'm hungry. I may try it again because my snack may have been too big.

Ruth - I also need a lot of fiber, but I eat a few All Bran Crackers every day and that really helps. I think I will try having them at bedtime with a little cheese for my snack. 18 crackers has 20 gm carbs and 5 gm fiber, but I never eat more than 10 a day.

geoblewis 04-26-2012 05:59 PM

Hey girlfriends! Nice to see you all here. It's a beautiful day in Central CA, intermittent rain and sunshine. I was just in the backyard collecting doggie poo (why do I always get that job?) before the gardener arrives to cut the lawn and I was thinking just how nice it is to have a nice yard (except for the brown patches on the lawn).

I am feeling pretty good today. Fbg was 113 this morning. I am trying to ignor my hunger, still, but I'm succeeding at keeping the carbs really low again today. I just noticed that at lunch yesterday and today, I ate almost the same amount of calories, but today I had a few grams less carbs and more protein. My 2-hr pp was 24 pt lower than yesterday. I'm sure today's morning activity helped.

I really want to take a nap right now...but no! I have a kid to chauffer! I could make him walk. It's only 12 minutes on foot to the math tutor. Maybe I'll make him walk the dog there...

red65 04-26-2012 06:04 PM

Hi everyone,

I haven't checked in at all this month and the month is almost over. Sort of ashamed to post this late but if not now then when?

I am almost 3 months into my diagnosis and still having spikes and still have yet to see a "normal" fasting glucose reading.

When I last saw my doctor at the very end of last month he said to continue the 1000 metformin morning and night and upped the glyburide from 2.5 to 5. He refused to increase my Reglan for the gastroparesis and refused to refill my nausea meds as he said that once my blood sugar is under control I won't be nauseated and vomiting anymore.

Well, none of those things have happened. I still struggle with the nausea and vomiting and thank God my neurologist will prescribe anti-nausea meds because he understands how dangerous throwing up can be for me and doesn't want to deal with me having anymore strokes/mini-strokes.

My doctor also said to stop testing my blood sugar so many times a day. Said it was too expensive. He told me to test in the morning one day and 2hr after lunch the next and alternate with just those two tests (meaning once a day).

I did that up until this past week and didn't really feel like I had anything to report in here (how stupid is THAT rationalization LOL!) This week I have been more vigilant about my testing (I buy the strips so I can decide how quickly I want to buy new ones lol).

Mornings have been running anywhere from 150 - 170 (which is better than chronic 200s but not where it needs to be yet.) This morning though was 210. Afternoons have been all over the place but today was 320. I can't just ignore this stuff, I NEED TO SEE AND KNOW!!

On a good note my weight is moving down. I was pushing 260 when all this started. For the past week I have been flirting with the 240's and today I feel I can safely claim it as I weighed in at 246.2 in the afternoon fully clothed having eaten and drank normally. At least there is SOMETHING positive to report LOL!!

I found out one thing this past month. My tongue, body AND blood sugar like veggie soup!! I am typically a veggie hater in case I haven't said that before but I found a recipe for Olive Garden style Pasta e Fagioli soup which I dearly love. I ate it for days and my blood sugar was very low during that time. I think I even hit the 120s in the morning and a 75 evening during that time lol.

Hubby pretty much hates soup but DD is dieting also and loved it so I am going to make more of it. So wonderful, so close to the Olive Garden one and so easy to make. Winner all the way!

Ok, I have rambled on enough so I will stop for now but commit to checking in more even if it is just to say HI!!!

Hugs,
Kellye

P.S. OMG I want to scream. Told DH my weight today and instead of saying something positive he starts lecturing me about eating right, excercising, etc. Finally I just told him "I just wanted you to say GOOD JOB". So he said good job and left the room. I wanted to throw a shoe at him. So, I will only discuss my weight here and with my daughter and mom.

P.P.S. After fuming for over an hour hubby and I had a discussion about the conversation above. After hearing his side of it I feel better. He did not say what he did out of criticism which is how I took it but out of concern because with all my health problems he worries about me and wants me to be around for a long time. He wants to grow old with me (his words) without having me sick, bedridden or worse. His mom had many of my same problems including diabetes and he watched her lose weight from just eating basically garbage foods. He worries that I will follow her course over time because crappy food sometimes is easier to eat. Overall it was a good discussion and I understand his fears/concerns even though I don't particularly care for his method of delivery LOL.

Ruthxxx 04-27-2012 07:16 AM

I seem to be constantly on the fly without time to do "indies". i do apologize but MODing in here takes time and I do post an "everyday doings" over on the South Beach Diet Daily Chat thread.

BGL was 5.6 this morning after dinner at Jack's party last night. They had pizza (no salad) and then birthday cake! I came home and wanted some healthier food but realized it was not true hunger, but a desire for greens. Today will definitely be a better day. This morning's smoothie includes spinach as well as the usual fruit, whey powder and ground flax. I'm off to town for a haircut and have a tuna/chick pea salad ready to serve for lunch on GREENS!

geoblewis 04-27-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Olive Garden style Pasta e Fagioli soup
Kellye, that is my favorite soup there! Can't have any because 1) I can't stop myself when I eat it and 2) can't stop the breadsticks either! Would love to see your recipe, if you don't mind. I'd have to do it without beans and pasta...I guess that's called turkey & vegetable soup!

My fbg was 115 this morning. I've had almost the exact same breakfast three days in a row, but this morning, 2-hr pp was 12 point higher than the two days before. I find that odd. The only difference was that I ate slightly less fat this morning.

I am off to a full day of activity...hope you're all doing well.

pattygirl63 04-27-2012 01:54 PM

I haven't been around very much. Just been busy so just take time to read.
Still hanging in there. Hope to be back for Indiviuals soon.

Kellye - thanks for the suggestion, I'll have to remember that.

Y'all have a great weekend.