Old 12-01-2011, 12:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/ticker/190

Height: 5'9"

Default Does anyone have experience taking Janumet?

I was just diagnosed with type 2 & my Dr. prescribed Janumet, which is sitigliptin and metformin combined. The insert said not to take until renal functions have been tested (which my dr. did not go over with me.) I took all my lab work yesterday and am holding off on starting the meds until next week when the results come back.

Any advice for someone new on this journey of diabetes?

Beth
bcort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:02 PM   #2  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

read and learn. Lots of good books about it, and try the site "diabetes 101" . There is some controversy about diets, with differences of opinion about how much carb restriction to do, and what types of carbs are ok. Most of us here have found that testing before and after meals, a LOT for a while has taught us how we respond individually to different foods, so we know what to restrict and what works well for us. Certainly you will see that we are a diverse bunch. Good luck to you, and keep visiting and sharing with us!
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 12:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 300/ticker/190

Height: 5'9"

Thanks for the input. I started taking Janumet 50/500 1X daily last week. Overnight my glucose dropped from the 160s to the 120s, and I had no side effects. So far, so good, but my ultimate goal is to be as healthy as possible, lose the weight, & not have to take diabetes meds.
bcort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:04 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 275/222/154

Height: 5'7"

I was taking metformin when I was fist diagnosed with type 2 but I've been taking janumet 500/1000 twice a day for the last year or so. It seems to be much more stabliizing for me.
noranoranora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

I take januvia and metformin - just not the combo pill. I started with metformin and glipizide but I got too many lows. We would love to have you join us in the February chat... Come on over and hang out with us! Good luck!
Rie
Riemontana is offline   Reply With Quote