Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 09:23 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Good Monday Morning Chickies. Hope everyone is doing well. My day is a little better today. Been having headaches and neckaches which probably added to my frustration yesterday. Had a good nights sleep but still woke up with a headache. Headaches at my age kind of bothers me a little since my Mother had lots of headaches most of her life, but they got worse when she was a few years younger than I am. She had lung cancer that broke off and went to the brain and she died within a year. Since I've never had headaches much until the past few years, it kind of gets to me. I have what the chiropractor said was degenerative bones in my neck, I'm sure my headaches are derived from that but once in a while I think about Mama. I don't believe I have cancer but sometimes the thought crosses your mind. My health seems to come more from my Daddy's side of the family so I suspect I'll live a long fairly healthy life like he and his family. Any way after taking meds and having my first cup of joe and breakfast, it seems to have gone. So not sure about yesterday, but a lot of yesterday probably was the way I felt.

Ruthie - So glad you are going to the doc about the swelling. I have a little bit of swelling by evening, but is usually gone by morning depending on the salt intake the day before. Doc and I talked about it and I told him I prefered to not take the diuretics as long as I don't have to and he agreed. He told me there is a diuretic for diabetics that isn't hard on kidneys so hopefully you will get some answers and help from your doc.

Rie - Didn't bother me for you to share about your friend. Sorry for the loss. As much as I get disgusted with the diabetics, the knowledge of such cases is what keeps me working to take care of myself. Although those kinds of stories aren't pleasant, we probably need a reminder once in a while. DH first wife went through all that and if she had lived would have lost both of her legs. I take care of the 2 grands she didn't live to see and think how much she had to offer them and she is gone. I am blessed that she did a wonderful job with the oldest boy. Tony's Mother told me she though Carol knew that she wouldn't live long and put a lot of good things in him of which I've used to build on and I have to say that he is a very exceptional young man. Just a shame she didn't live to see it and to do the same with the other 3. Not that I don't do the same thing with them that she did, but it seems that it was such a waste for her to have to die so soon. She was in her early 50's, but 64 is still too young to go because we don't take care of ourselves like we should. Thanks for sharing. I think I needed the reminder myself.

Fatmad - So sorry you are still dealing with those crazy hives. Did your doc seem to think the fasting would get the toxin or whatever out of your system and the situation would correct itself? Just wondering. I was actually detoxing my body the first time I was diagnosed with diabetes T2. I was told by healthcare giver that if I would ride it out that my body hives would go away. I couldn't stand it and went to the doctor and was diagnosed. It might would have gone away on its own with detox and maybe not, I've never had the nerve to try it again. But that was my experience. Everyone is different. Just hope whatever is causing yours goes away soon as I know you must be absolutely miserable with it.

Slmn - I too have clothes I can wear as I lose weight. The clothes I wear now are as big as I am going to purchase. I've decided that I will never weight what I did to wear bigger clothes. I got up to a weight a couple of weeks ago that was scary but I'm back down about 5 lbs from there now. I was about 10 lbs from what I weighed 10 years ago when I started dieting again and I made myself a promise that I would never weigh that much again. I actually hit 235 a few weeks ago but am back down to 225 this morning. Thank goodness. Now to get back down under 220.

Bonnie and others reading

Have a great Monday chickies.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:43 AM   #32  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Rie that would be great hope to get it today or tomorrow.

I AM Going BACK TO THE DENTIST..... I have a hurting tooth and I spoke to her today when I took my daughter in and she said I should come in and get it fixed so I wont be in pain It was so bad last night I took a vicodin 5-500mg last night and it didnt even touch the pain I had to get up in the middle of the night to do it again. I cant live with this pain it is too painfull to wait it out till I get the money to come in so she is gonna let me pay a little on it and then either pay a little more or all of it. I have to do something I want to be pain free...
Old 11-07-2011, 09:50 AM   #33  

Bonnie - So sorry about the tooth, but glad that you have a dentist who is willing to work with you. Not too many who do that these days.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:50 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Happy Monday!

fbs was up a little at 91 this morning. I have no idea why. Did my hour of walkitout and I had a good breakfast of apple, peanut butter and a little cream cheese. Yum. I am still tracking food and activity and I hope it is helping me. As I head into the holidays, I would like to get some more weight off.

Bonnie I am so sorry about another tooth but I am really glad that the dentist is being compassionate and helping you. I will send you a PM later today.

Ruthie, I am so glad that you are going to the dr. I do not believe that you have been eating your way to that kind of weight gain. Please let us know what you find out!

Trish, I am glad that you feel a little better today. So sorry about the headaches. Head/neck aches are certainly not helped by stress. I hope things ease up for you.

Carol, Yes, we are lucky to have the chance to be there for the young ones in our lives. You are certainly blessed to have those boys. I hope that you have the opportunity to be there for grandbabies too!

Fatmad, still thinking of you and hoping that the darn hives go away!

I will check back in later!

Rie
Old 11-07-2011, 10:56 AM   #35  
Bonnie

Thanks Ladies I will be glad to be pain free too.

Rie I will be looking forward to it.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:43 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 209/157.5/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy Monday morning to everyone. Had a great, busy weekend. Got lots of walking in! Hopefully the nice weather holds out a little longer. Should have gotten up early this morning to get my walk in, but will have to squeeze it in later.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Connie S
Old 11-07-2011, 03:02 PM   #37  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi folks. Did get an appointment with my dear doctor today and he was appalled at the swellign and weight gain. The edema is definitely not from calories and he has given me a diuretic that should fix things fast. My BP was sky-high too - the nurse was really shocked as I'm usually 115/60 - but that's from the fluid retention.

Anyhow, I'm to "Take it easy" says Dr. Jack with a grin and keep the legs elevated as much as possible. Kind of hard to do when driving a car but I really have only one appointment requiring driving this week so I may be OK. (It's to get my snows put on.)

He has also ordered a huge sheet of fasting bloodwork to be done in a week by which time the swelling should be gone.

I'm not as scared anymore.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:20 PM   #38  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Ruth< I am glad the doc got you in today. I was sure the weight was from fluid retention, (by the time we see ankle swelling, thats an extra 10 pounds!) and I am sure the diuretic will help. The question of course is what is causing this problem, and Dr Jack will get to the bottom of that.
Bonnie: get back to the dentist, no one should have to put up with pain like that!
Rie: I am sorry about your friend. My admin's husband is a diabetic who didn't take charge of his disease and is suffering now. The thought of foot ulcers etc is just awful and I don't want that.
Still coping with the hives, nothing new there. Its really crummy though.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:26 PM   #39  
Bonnie

Hey Ladies Jest to let you know that I went to the Dentist and they had to do a root canal on my tooth He also said I got a bad infection in the roots gums and gave me antibotics. Will check back in with everyone later I feel like I have been run over.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:01 PM   #40  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

evening,
hope you don't mind if i jump in here. i have been with another site for support. but seems life is too busy for everyone in my group. i am in the need for some support right now. seems when i need it they are gone. oh, well, that's life i suppose.
a short bio on me. DX in 6/06. lost just over 80#s. than dr. said to stop smoking. did that and found 30#s. lost that than through the years of 07 to 2010 i found 50 of those 80#s. DH losing his job twice, losing our home and moving 3 times. i just recently saw the dietitian at the base again and given my plan of carb count and calorie count. hoping it will get me back at it again. i have exercise and water intake down pat. just need the eating to join forces.
thanks for letting me pop in.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:59 PM   #41  
Bonnie

chipper15173 Welcome the group. I know you will find alot of useful information from these ladies. I was recently diagnoised with Diabetes almost 4 months ago and I have lost almost 40 pounds. Been having alot of problems with my teeth so I have not been working out lately But the good news is I have not Lost or Gained. I was scared as the devil when I came to the group and these ladies made me feel very welcome. I hope to see you around more often..

Hey ladies so far so good It is time for me to take more meds and I am heading to bed here soon Dr has me on Pain Pills every 4 hrs and Antibotics every 6 so I will catch up with everyone in the am tomorrow..
Old 11-08-2011, 08:51 AM   #42  

Good Morning Chickies

Chipper - Jump in and let us get to know you. This is a great bunch of ladies and are very supportive of each other. Hope we can be of help to you.

Ruthie - So glad you got in to see the doc and he is able to help you. Good idea to have a good battery of blood work as well. Hope you are doing better soon.

Fatmad - Darn those hives crazy how they hang on. Wish I had an answer for you. Prayers coming your way.

Bonnie So glad you got the tooth fixed and hope the pain is gone and things are back to normal again.

Rie - Thanks for the encouragement. I actually think the neck/headaches may have been because of my pillow. I think my pillow I got from the chiropractor a few years ago has stopped working. Changed to a small bean bag pillow I have and the problem seems to have lifted.

We are getting into a regular routine around here. DD in a new semester and goes to school everyday at the same time which will be helpful. Bless her heart, they are craming 3 years of schooling into 14 months which they do in 5 week semesters at a time. The girl came home with a load of books for the next five weeks that are almost ridiculous. I'm the one who has to change my attitude, because she is working hard to better herself and I really want her to be able to do this. It is something I wanted to do and never had the chance so I really want to help her make it. If I can get my woe straightened and start feeling better and get on a good routine, I'll be fine with all this. I want to make some "happy" memories. DH and I talked and hopefully things will be better. I know everyone has ups and downs in situations... just have to stay focused in the process. I can do this.

Have a great day Everybody.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:21 AM   #43  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Trish, I hope the headaches get better. I had some neck problems a few years ago that were pillow related. Turns out I can't use those special neck support pillows the chiropractors love! But if that is better for you, get a new one that will make you feel better.
I did my nursing school in a straight set as well, and liked it that way. The studying is intense, but really sticks in when you are using the information on a daily bases.
Other than the hives, I am doing better. Had a bad day yesterday, but started today on the treadmill for 15 minutes and feel better. I am going to try lowish carb (60-80 g/day), no wheat, and lower calorie (1600/day) for a bit and see where that lands me. The first phase of south beach is so close to atkins I didn't see much difference and I want a few grains in the diet. I really like the oatmeal every second am. The problem for me is that I am used to higher fat diet on atkins, so have to cut way back on the fat to balance the extra carbs, so I stay on calorie counts.
Welcome to chipper, we are here for you. You have been through some tough times and I hope we can all learn how to manage difficulties without going off track.
Happy Tuesday friends.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:47 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning!

fbs at 92 this morning. I am a little upset with myself because I came home from pool last night and got into some popcorn that ds had made while I was gone. "Just a taste" turned into several handfulls I logged it dutifully and I was still under calories/carbs for the day but I was unhappy with myself. I learned that I don't do well on less than 1200 calories per day.

Fatmad, yes, it takes a little to find the balance. I really hope that SB works for you.

Trish, you sound better today! More refreshed. I am glad that we can be here for you.

Bonnie, hopefully that tooth is settling down!

Ruth, I am so glad that you went to the dr and anxiously awaiting test results.

Chipper, Hi there! Welcome to the chat. It sounds like you have been through a lot of trouble. Hopefully, we can be support for you.

Well, I have my big board meeting today and lots going on so I need to fly!

BBL

Rie
Old 11-08-2011, 11:07 AM   #45  
Bonnie

So far my pain is gone I hope it stays that way now So I can get back to working out .Their was no way I could do it with all the pain I was in..
Closed Thread