Old 02-11-2010, 10:54 PM   #1  
Woman on mission!

Height: 5'9

Default Blood Sugar Information

I read in my Book Prescription for Nutritional Healing fourth Edition,Authored by the late Phyllis Balch CNC:

Impaired Glucose Tolerance (IGT) is a condition that affects about 11% of American Adults.In People with IGT,Blood Glucose levels are above normal,but are not at Diabetic levels.However,about 7% of People with IGT go on to develop Type II Diabetes.

The following is an approximate guideline for FBS levels for People who have not been Diagnosed with Diabetes.FBS levels should be measured from 6 to 8 hours after eating.The measurement is Milligrams of Glucose per one-tenth Liter (MG/dL) of Blood.

70-100: Normal

100-125: Impaired Glucose Tolerance/Borderline

126 and over for a two-or three-Day period: Possible Diabetes.

If you Test at random without fasting,any reading less than 100 MG/dL is considered normal.If you get a number between 100 and 199 MG/dL,it suggests Prediabetes.A BS level of 200 MG/dL and above is an indicator of Diabetes.
Butter_Butt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:17 AM   #2  

You have approximately 5 litres of blood traveling around in your blood vessels and heart at any given moment. In these 5 litres of blood, you need only about one teaspoon of sugar for all of your regular activities. If you have more than a teaspoon of sugar floating through your blood vessels on a regular basis, the excess sugar will slow down your circulation and cause all of the problems you could expect to have if you had thick maple syrup clogging up your blood vessels. This is essentially what happens when a person becomes diabetic.
fatchic12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 270/257.4/130

Height: 5.0 Tall

My gosh Chic that's great info and easy to understand the dynamics of what's happening in your body.
DiabeticDiva is offline   Reply With Quote