Old 03-21-2009, 11:18 PM   #1  
Woman on mission!

Height: 5'9

Default Ramblings about Type II and IR

Hello everyone
A happy,fun and safe Weekend wished for all.Early August 2008,I discovered (after receiving a free One Touch Ultra Mini Blood Glucose Meter) my Blood Sugar to be slightly elevated,so I immediately changed my Diet.My Blood Sugar is slowly stabilizing.

In October 2008,my FBS was 129 and A1C was 8.2,which means my average Blood Sugar was around 187 for 3 Month's.

I asked my Doctor to order an Insulin Test and he didn't.For some unknown reason,he obviously doesn't think I need one.

I'm confused about IR (Insulin Resistance).My Doctor told me ALL Type II's are IR,but I read some say IR and Diabetes are different.

I read on a wonderful Website by an ND that depending on the severity of IR and Obesity,it may take 2-3 Month's or longer to return to IS (Insulin Sensitivity).
Butter_Butt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 07:04 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quote:
My Doctor told me ALL Type II's are IR,but I read some say IR and Diabetes are different.
That is true. All Type II's are IR but being IR does not mean you are diabetic....yet.

You have already taken charge of the situation by changing your diet. Are you scheduled for a re-test of your HA1C? That will tell you and your doctor what's happening without the need for a complete glucose tolerance test or Insulin test.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:38 PM   #3  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Ruth already said it all very well.

You become full-fledged Diabetic when your Insulin Resistance gets to the point that it becomes non-reversible. You are still at the wonderful stage where you can actually beat the disease and totally reverse the symptoms.

You are heading in the right direction, Chickie -- lose excess weight, get more exercise, and balance your eating as well as possible throughout the day (especially low GI starches) and you can win the battle.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:06 AM   #4  
Woman on mission!

Height: 5'9

Ruthxxx,
My very first A1C was in 2000.It was 6.1..I've had 4 (every 3 Month's) since dippy Doctor has been my Doctor.I just felt I needed an Insulin Test to see how well my Pancreas is working.I'm the type who wants to stay on top of things.
Butter_Butt is offline   Reply With Quote