Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 02:40 PM   #106  

Where is everyone?
Old 10-30-2009, 03:25 PM   #107  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Rosetta, this is a very inactive thread in a rather slow Forum. People seem to come in, ask their question and then go back to their particular diet area. I post daily on the South Beach thread.

Are you following a particular plan? AND how did the endo- and colono-scopes turn out? Any results yet?

I'm still plugging along with 90 minutes at the gym three days a week and must say it is making a huge difference in how I feel and move although my weight's staying about the same. BGL is stable unless I do something dumb like forget to eat dinner or have and evening carb fest!
Old 11-01-2009, 04:45 PM   #108  

Sorry i have been a lurker, dont mean to ignore uall..(((hugs))) rosey
Old 11-02-2009, 01:27 PM   #109  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Hi Ladies ~ I come into this forum and post now and then; I didn't realize that it was a slower forum as there are so many of us that have either pre-Diabetes or FB Diabetes on this site, and the numbers are growing each day from what I hear.

I know this thread/forum was a bit more active when our dear friend MEOWEE (Linda) was here; sure miss that nice lady. This forum was her turf and she did a great job keeping everything going; she was all over the place. I have a fancy in my mind that she is still watching over us somehow.

I have restarted her Canadian thread at the request of a few other Canadians and I hope that I can keep it up as well as she did. Anyways, I am still working on my plan to keep my sugar levels where they are supposed to be. Just got back from the dentist as I had to have a tooth extracted this AM. It all went well (for me); but my meds did help my tummy a lot.

I think this forum is important for all of us who have health issues that we are dealing with along with our weight issues, so I am very grateful that it is here and I do spend a lot of time over here reading and offering encouragement when I can. Hope you all have a lovely day!

ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-04-2009 at 05:03 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:04 PM   #110  

Cool

Hi, All. Thanks for coming out of the woodwork. This thread has never been super busy, but I don't think it's ever been this quiet either. I lurk on a couple of other threads but don't post there because there are too many people to keep track of and since I only have computer access at work, I don't have too much time to post.
Anyway, the colonoscopy was very unpleasant (the one I had 6 years ago went smoothly). They removed a polyp for biopsy. The endoscopy, which I was dreading went easily, but provoked a horrid gastritis attack (which was the diagnosis) which lasted 3 days and I had to stay home from work on Thursday. They took tissue for biopsy to see what kind of gastritis I have. Will find out later this week.
On the diabetes front, my bgls are normalizing and coming down after last week when I couldn't take any medication for several days. My problem now is that I've gotten out of the habit of taking my morning bgls and I forgot to do it this morning.
Ruth - I don't follow any plan, just try to eat better. However, I'm going to discuss with the doctor what to eat to avoid gastritis and work with that.
Rosebud, yes, we all miss Meowee (Linda) very much.
Rosey -
Have a good week.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:04 PM   #111  
Come on Spring!

So....how did we all do over Halloween? My BGL was OK but the scale sure shows a gain today. My ticker is lying for a wee bit. I avoided all Halloween treats but it was a wild weekend with friends for lunch Saturday, friends in to see The Rocky Horror Picture Show Saturday night and then an impromptu wine and cheese event yesterday afternoon when we finally buried my darling dogs' ashes! Of course, champagne was involved for toasts and I served way too much, wine, cheese and fruit.

Anyhow back on track today and I'm hoping the gain is all water weight. I did my 90 minutes at the gym and did another three hours of outside work this afternoon. Raking and lugging snow tires is exercise, right?

Rosetta, I hope the test results help to resolve the gastritis problem.

Rosebud, nice to see you around. Where do you live by the way? I've forgotten. Yes, I miss Meowee - I keep checking out the special air fares to Halifax and then remember she's gone!

Rosey, nice to see you checking in. Any word on your operation date?

Time to cook a healthy supper - fresh chard from the garden as it's survived the latest frost. Tonight I have to power-read the rest of my book for Book Club tomorrow night as tomorrow will be too busy for reading.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:35 AM   #112  
MONI

S/C/G: 257/257/160

Height: 5'4''

I fell off the face of 3fatchicks! I haven't been able to go through all the old postings but I hope all is well for all! Rosetta--I hope the test results come back with postive news! I'll send good vibes! What happened to good old Meowee?

I have been a very bad diabetic. My morning sugars have been runing anywhere from 130-155. I recently moved back home with the parents and have been job seraching. I'm trying to save for grad school but with out a job thats hard. I'll know by Friday if I have one job. Not having an income has really made it a challege to eat right because I dont have money for my kind of groceries. I'm also working on helping my mom understand she doesn't have to cook for me all the time! My biggest down fall has been exercising, I haven't been active at all.
Ladies, I look forward to getting back on track and checking in more often! I hope the rest of your week goes well and I'll talk to you all soon.

Moni
Old 11-04-2009, 04:48 AM   #113  
MONI

Oh my goodness, let me first say how sorry I am to hear that Linda (meowee) is gone. I just read the post that she passed. She will be missed! My heart goes out to her family and friends.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:08 AM   #114  
Come on Spring!

Good luck with the job, Moni. Maybe you can take over some of the cooking from your Mom to get a bit more control. Exercise is sooo important. I find my gym sessions three times a week have made a huge difference in my BGL.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:54 PM   #115  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI LADIES ~ have had a harried few days -- had a tooth extracted early on Monday morning; he had problems so had to finish by drilling it out. Some pain, but nothing a tylenol couldn't handle; TOM came to visit and brought all his nasty relatives with him and didn't want to leave ... Sure didn't need that the same day. Been very tired, so taking it easier today. Did laundry yesterday and today, am hemming some new pants I picked up on Monday as well. DH has been very helpful though, and I am so grateful for that ...

RUTH ~ I was originally born in Orangeville, Ontario; went to school in and around Guelph; then came way up north to go to college in Timmins, Ontario (twice); liked it here, and decided to stay in the north. Now I live in a small neighbouring village near Timmins.

Welcome Back, MONI ~ hope we can be an encouragement to you to help you get back on track again ...

Time to start dinner, so take good care, and hope you all have a great evening!

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-04-2009 at 04:58 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:06 AM   #116  
MONI

Ruth--thanks! I'm glad to say I've been hired and start orientation on Wed. I'm looking forward to having a routine and being active. This job is far more physical than my last...I'm hoping that will help kick start my exercise slump! Also, I'm trying to cook at least 3 times a week for the family and encourage more "every person for their own" night!

Justwant2b--oh no dental work is never fun! I hope you feel better soon. TOM is a disaster for me sometimes. Do you find it hard to fight off your cravings? Sometimes I become the bottomless pit, crave for all things fried and sweet. ugh

thanks ladies for the support, I really appriciate it!

Last edited by Moni28; 11-05-2009 at 04:06 AM.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:14 AM   #117  
Come on Spring!

Moni on getting the job. Cooking double and freezing may be helpful for the first while.

Well, I was a dummy yesterday and woke to a crash this morning! I ate very low carb yesterday and managed to forget to eat supper as my drive to my meeting arrived early. I was very noble and resisted the sammies and other stuff after the meeting, came home, took my meds and went to bed. Woke to a 2.6 reading this morning - 46 something outside of Canada. ! OJ and toast seem to have fixed me up. I need to be more careful. Duh!
Old 11-05-2009, 03:10 PM   #118  

Cool

Hi, All. Our sunny fall weather has disappeared and we're expecting rain today. I'm still on daylight savings time in my sleep cycle so I'm waking up too early. As a consequence, I'm dragging more than usual. Heard from the doctor yesterday. The polyp was benigh so I don't have to have another colonoscopy for 5 years. He recommended some OTC meds for my gastritis, so I guess I'll have to live with that.
Moni - congratulations on getting your job.
justwant2be - I hope you've recovered from your dental work. Having a tooth out is not a great way to start the week.
Ruth - I don't think I've ever forgotten to eat supper. lol. If I don't eat the night before, my bgl tends to go up, not down. Lows are really scary though.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:44 PM   #119  
Come on Spring!

The great thing about lows is that you can have OJ and toast with cheese to bring them backup! Glad to hear the polyp was benign.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:25 AM   #120  
MONI

Good Morning! Ladies, I"m happy to report that yesterday and this morning my sugars in 127 and 123. These are still a bit high BUT they are much prettier than the 155 I was pulling. This makes me very happy! My goal tonight is to go for a walk and keep these numbers looking better and better!
Ruth--lows are very scary and i've only had two lows....never forgot to eat though. I'm glad you got your sugar back up!

Have a great day ladies!
Closed Thread