Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 03:10 PM   #76  

Cool

Hi, all. We've been having hot weather here. Fortunately, it's cooled down a bit today. Saw my PCP yesterday. He switched me from glucotrol to glyberide, saying that it's better for people over 60. Never heard that before. Otherwise my blood pressure and cholesterol are fine. Ruth and Rosey - how are you ladies doing with your quilting projects? I'm hopeless at crafts. My weaving and pottery classes were disasters.
I get out early today for the long weekend. Yippee!
Have a good one, everybody.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:18 PM   #77  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I saw mine yesterday too, Rosetta. He has ordered HA1C and some cholesterol tests and hopes I can reduce my meds. He's also all pleased that I am going to the gym. He says that will certainly improve both knees. He also took me off Celebrex and gave me an anti-inflammatory similar to Aleve plus dire warnings about stomach problems. Luckily my stomach is made of stainless steel.

I'm doing fine at quilting - just need to start to FINISH stuff! By the way, speaking of crafts, I started calligraphy classes once and was so messy with ink that nobody would sit near me. The teacher suggested I quit after three lessons and I agreed!
Old 09-08-2009, 02:32 PM   #78  

Morning everyone..cloudy and rainy here today..my dh came back from his cabin with a moose..hunting season just beginning and now we will have a full freezer this winter.moose, salmon and halibut..yum..but lots of work for us as we process our own meat..hope you are not offended..huntings a way of life for us but know others its not..hope your long weekend was fun rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 09-08-2009 at 05:26 PM.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:50 PM   #79  
Come on Spring!

Hi Rosey. I'm sure not offended. We have lots of folks in this area who rely on hunting to stock the freezer for winter. I often get offered deer, moose or bear from my hunting neighbours.

You know, it really feels like fall. Maybe we should start a new Fall Chat thread and see if we get more folks joining in.

The gym was closed yesterday but I did make myself go to work-out this morning. I also finished a major and fiddly quilting project and got it mailed off. I took pics but can't seem to load them into the computer. I just may have to finally read my manual.

Food has been good lately and my morning readings are fine. I also took my BP this morning at the gym and was amazed to see 114/66. Something is working!
Old 09-11-2009, 02:56 PM   #80  

Cool

Hi, all. We're having warm fall weather here. My bgl has been strange. Last Monday it was 200! The day before I had low bgl episode and had to take a glucose tablet. The last couple of days it's been in the 140s, which is not as low as I'd hoped after the dose uppage, but I can live with it.
Ruth, I love your new avatar. The only caligraphy I was good at was Japanese caligraphy. Haven't done it in 20 years because it gets really messy. I hope you get your quilt photos downloaded. Would love to see them. Good work getting to the gym regularly.
Rosey - I'm a city girl, so am not too into hunting. But I sure would appreciate fresh salmon and halibut. I hope you get some better weather before winter closes in.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:20 PM   #81  

howdy rosey
Old 09-17-2009, 03:21 PM   #82  
Come on Spring!

Hey! Just spent the morning getting a pedicure and manicure with leg and arm massage. It feels soooo good! Also got a nice order from Clearwater Creek and found out that my investments have now recovered to where they were before the economic downturn. Life is good. I even have a gorgeous maple floor in my new room.

Any good stuff happening to you?
Old 09-18-2009, 03:15 PM   #83  

Cool

Hi, all. Warm Weather here. Been having gastrointestinal pain the last few days. Can't eat or sleep. May call the doctor this afternoon. Sigh. Just when I'm taking a week off from work. BGl's have been high because I'm not taking all my meds.
Ruth - at least someone is having a good week. You must be relieved about your investments. I like Coldwater Creek but am too fat for their clothes. I get coupons once in awhile and give them to a friend. Hope someday I can use them myself.
Rosey -
Well, have a good week. I'll be off the computer until the 28th.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:05 AM   #84  
Hanging in the Heartland

S/C/G: 470/220/170

Height: 5"8"

Hi Folks I haven't been here for a few months. I started on Nutrisystem D and have been posting on their boards moist of the time. It has jump started my weight loss again. I actually thought I would drop by and check on meowee. I am really sorry to hear the news. She was a big part of the heart and soul of this board. RIP meeowee.

Best to all . I hope not to be such a starnger anymore
Old 09-22-2009, 06:44 AM   #85  
Come on Spring!

Well, Meowee would want us to continue so.......

Nice to "see" you Arctic. I knew you were on Nutrisystem. How is it working for you?

My BGL has actually improved. HA1C was 6.8 in May and is now down to 6.5 so I'm doing something right. My ticker isn't lying anymore.

How is everyone else doing?

I am off to Asheville NC tomorrow but will be back late Sunday night. Yes, I will eat properly! See y'all then.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:44 PM   #86  

rosey
Old 09-28-2009, 03:15 PM   #87  

Cool

Hi, all. Still stunned by the sad news.
I had a rough week last week. My gastrointestinal problems continued way into mid-week. I couldn't eat much of anything so I did lose a few pounds. Will see a gastroenterologist next week. My bgl is doing better now that I'm back taking my meds regularly.
Ruth - Glad to hear your A1c is lower. Hope you had a nice trip.
Rosey -
Old 09-29-2009, 07:48 AM   #88  
Come on Spring!

Rosey, how cold are you way up there? We are in for a cold and wet week and I can feel winter lurking. It must be creeping up on you.

Rosetta, sure hope the doc can help your problem but I'm glad your BGL is stabilizing.

Had a wonderful trip and lovely visit with the MODs although we were sad about Meowee's not being there. Maybe she was there in spirit. We ate mainly vegetarian the whole time and I came back two pounds lighter. Of course, not drinking my usual amount of wine helped! BGL ran a bit high but that was because vegetarian is higher carb than I'm used to. Back on track today.

Have a serene Tuesday.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:25 PM   #89  

Hi everyone..its cool and rainy here about 42*..and yesterday morning we had ice on the deck and cars..i had my well womens check up yesterday..everythings ok (glad thats over with) ive been referred to a dr in anchorage for the wt loss surgury its a process that i have now started im excited about it..mainly for mobility and health as nothing else has worked for me..the dr was pleased with my diabetes control so at least im doing something right.. I too miss meowee; theres an empty spot here but figure she would want us to carry on as usual..i wonder if her family knows how many of us where her friend and how she had helped us..hope u all have agreat day rosey
Old 09-30-2009, 06:10 AM   #90  
Hanging in the Heartland

S/C/G: 470/220/170

Height: 5"8"

Rosey Hope your gastrointerology visit goes well. I hate not knowing what is going on!

Ruth The Nutrisystem D is going really well. It has definitely increased my rate of weight loss and I really like the food. I intersperse it with family foods and make a month last for 2 or more. I post on a board there for those over 50 with 100+ pounds to lose that I really relate to. Come visit some time. Anyone can visit and post. Also if you want to check any of the foods out I started by buying a few at Big Lots. It has really given me hope. I have lost twice as much weight the last 2 months with Nutresystem D than I lost in the previous year dieting! Any one feel free to PM me if you have any questions and/or if you decide to try it and want a coupon for $30 off. I go see my doctor tomorrow and am interested to see if my A1C or cholesterol has dropped since starting.

Rosey Congrats for taking steps to chage your situation. I admire all of us for continuing to make efforts to improve opur health. Let us know how it all goes.

Till next time

Denise
Closed Thread