Old 03-25-2008, 12:24 AM   #1  
low carbin' it

S/C/G: ~256/153.5/154

Height: 5'6

Default Off the Meds!

I am celebrating today because tonight, I am off meds and it comes almost 2 years after I got diagnosed with diabetes. I remember when my doctor first told me about it and I asked her if I could get off the meds. She looked at me as if to say very unlikely but she said, if you could lose a lot of weight. At the time, I just didn't think it was possible and I just resigned myself to the meds. I didn't really mind but I have lost 102 pounds now and last month she cut my meds in half. After seeing the results of that she's decided to cut them all together! I am so happy and excited! I went from an A1c of 10.2 to the last few at 5.1, 5.2, and 5.3. Today's after dinner measurement was 72! It's totally possible to do all the things I thought impossible. For me it involved a low carb diet and walking.

I am not cured, and I must be more vigilant than ever because I can't think that I can eat and do anything. I have to watch my diet more than ever because I want this meds free time to lost as long as it can, cause I'll probably go on them again at some point. Anyway, fellow people with diabetes, losing weight can go a long way in helping with this.
bluex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 12:27 AM   #2  
back for the 1st time

S/C/G: 263//263//150

That is wonderful! Two times for you !!
femme fatale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:33 AM   #3  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

BLUEX

That is the most fantastic news, Chickie. I know that a loss of 60 pounds made it possible for me to get off insulin and to drop my other meds by 1/3 to 1/2. You give me hope for the other half and the extra little to get myself back into gear so I can lose another 60 pounds in the hopes of making that kind of news possible for me, too.

Once again a great big CONGRATULATIONS . . . you are an inspiration . . .
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:35 AM   #4  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 05:30 PM   #5  
Lori

wow congratulations...........I'm proud of you!!!

Lori
Wannabeskinnymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 07:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 280/278.4/140

Height: 5'2''

Thumbs up

That's great news. this let's me know there is help for me. Please share with me how you did it. I'm ready to get rid of this weight and the meds to.
MrsMBunnieXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 09:14 AM   #7  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there BUNNIE . . . . . . I think you just answered your own question -- losing the weight is just about the best thing you can possibly do for controlling Type II Diabetes.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:31 PM   #8  
low carbin' it

S/C/G: ~256/153.5/154

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMBunnieXI View Post
That's great news. this let's me know there is help for me. Please share with me how you did it. I'm ready to get rid of this weight and the meds to.
It's the same things that yeah will get us to be healthier but yeah if you want specifics. It was a low carb diet for me (not low like Atkins) but low carb, 10 for breakfast, 20 for lunch and dinner, and less than 10 for snacks. I also basically just walked, at first on a treadmill but mostly just walking for the last year. anywhere from 3-6 days a week but it was 6 days a week during the last 25 pounds, it was hard to lose that.
bluex is offline   Reply With Quote