Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2003, 05:55 PM   #1  

Smile High protein, low carb crepes

If some of you guys like to stay low carb/high protein, but miss pancakes and waffles, then i have discovered the best recipe!! it's a crepe recipe, and the recipe is for ONE serving... it makes 6 crepes for only 182 cals and around 12g carbs/1 g fiber!! It also has 29 g of protein!! I have made them the past two days and have topped them with fat free strawberry yogurt and with ff cool whip mixed with vanilla yogurt and 'vanilla butter nut' extract. delicious!! i also added banana extract to the batter and it was just like banana nut. top with a little sugar free syrup and you have an awesome breakfast. okay anyways, here's the recipe:

Fresh and Lean Crepes

1/4 cup nonfat cottage cheese
2 Tbls. plain oatmeal
6 egg whites
vanilla to taste
packet of splenda
cinnamon if you want

-Blend in a blender for 30 secs. This makes two cups of batter. spray small skillet or pan with pam. To make six crepes, put 1/3 c. in pan at a time. when you add the crepe swirl it around in the pan to coat evenly. very carefully, flip and cook on other side. since it takes a while to cook them all, keep a plate in a 250 degree oven and keep the cooked crepes in there with a pot lid covering them. If you want to make a yummy topping to make it a around a 250 cal breakfast, make this:

2 Tbls. cottage cheese
3 Tbls. ff cool whip
any flavor ff yogurt you want(i used vanilla)
any extract you want ( i used vanilla butter nut)

Blend in blender and refrigerate while making crepes. spoon into cooked crepes and roll up.

182 cals for all 6 crepes
50/60 cals for topping
Old 08-07-2003, 02:38 PM   #2  
WW Moderator

As a note to those on Atkin's, you'll have to substitute some things on the filling. FF vanilla yogurt is a no-no on low carb, but whole milk plain yogurt can be used by some people, induction dieters can use sour cream, and vanilla can be added. Also Cool Whip can't be used. You can whip your own with some whipping cream and artificial sweetner. These crepes sound good, I'll have to try them soon!
Closed Thread