Looking for an Apple Crisp Recipe!

• Does anyone have a great recipe for Apple Crisp???
  • I only have a very "modified" one, that I am tweaking all the time. Apple slices, zapped with a little water, cinnamon, I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! spray (very optional), and some type of sweetener (artificial or a smidge of something "real," depending on how sweet the apple is) in the microwave; then, oatmeal, just enough, that's been toasted in the oven; the bigger and thicker the oat, the better. Maybe a dollop of fat-free, plain yogurt on top. Either Greek yogurt, or, if not Greek, then you strain the yogurt so it becomes very dense and delicious.
  • Thanks a bunch! Sounds great!

I just need to get a little more ambitious in the kitchen! LOL
  • I had a craving for apple crisp tonight, but no time or motivation to bake it. I came up with a pretty good substitute for the microwave.

1 apple - i like granny smith
    cinnamon and splenda to taste
    10 almonds, chopped
    1/2 tsp. smart balance
    teeeeeeny pinch of salt

chop your apple and toss it in a bowl with the splenda and cinnamon (I used probably a tablespoon of splenda and a small shake of cinnamon). chop up your almonds and put it in a small bowl with the smart balance. microwave the nuts 10-15 seconds or until smart balance is melted. stir in salt. pour over apple mixture and microwave for 3 minutes or until apples are soft.

it's autumn-y enough to trick you into thinking it is crisp
  • Here's how I make my apple crisp -

I put 3-4 cups of sliced apples (I always use Golden Delicious for baking) in a 3qt. casserole with about 1/4 cup of water and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Then I make a topping with 1/4 cup Smart Balance, 1/4 cup Splenda, and about a cup of Fiber One cereal. Whirl it all together in the blender, and you may have to add a bit more Fiber One to make it crumbly. Then top the apples with the mixture and bake it at 350* for about 45 minutes.
  • cottage, that sounds great. i'll give it a shot this weekend.