Old 09-06-2015, 05:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 243/235/175

Height: 5'7

Default Amazing Chocolate Cake!!!

Hello All
I can't believe the cake I made today. Not only was it made of bean flour but it tasted sooo good and was moist. I just had to share the recipe with you. It can be an any phase cake because of the modifications that are done. This cake is super easy too. Caution: if you have a sweet tooth you'll need to watch your portions. The original recipe actually says it makes 30 cupcakes but I made a cake with it to save time and space, and had less than 1/8th of a slice with coffee. YUMMY!!!
Ok, here goes!!!

Original Recipe:
Dry Ingredients
2 3/4 cup garbanzo (chick pea) flour (I used 1 1/4 cup white bean flour + 1 1/2 cup chick pea flour)
1 3/4 cup sugar (I used 1:1 Splenda to replace sugar)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Dutch process to make sure it's unsweetened)
1/2 tsp salt

Wet Ingredients
2 large eggs
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup oil (I used olive oil)
1 cup of whole milk (I use 1% lactose free)
1 cup of boiling hot water

Sift bean flour 2 times. (I used my sieve for this)
Add other dry ingredients and mix together.
In another bowl, whisk eggs and then add other wet ingredients EXCEPT boiling water.
Pour wet into dry and mix until combined. Then add hot water and stir. Fill cupcake/muffin pan 3/4 of the way. Or I used by 9" round pan - spray with cooking spray first then line with parchment paper (Martha Stewart trick )
Bake at 350 degrees or until toothpick comes out clean.
BTW: Do not taste the uncooked batter because it does not taste like the cake it's going to be. Trust me on this one

I didn't make an icing because I don't like my sweets too sweet but you could do a low fat cream cheese or cottage cheese frosting using Splenda and vanilla; a little milk would make airy when you whip it. You could add cocoa powder to hummus, or just have low fat yogurt on the side. There's lots of choices out there.

Hope y'all enjoy this one
Cheers, P.
foxyroxy7226 is offline   Reply With Quote