Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 11-20-2006, 10:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Weekly Chat ~ Nov 20 - Nov 26

good morning chickadees

what's everybody up to today?

I'm wishing I was off from work but I'll be off on Thursday and Friday.

hope everybody has a blessed day!
hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 12:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 156/151/135

Height: 5'4"

Good morning.

My day is starting out very busy at work - we lost power last week for a couple days and are now just trying to catch up. Maybe being this busy will keep my mind off eating.......

I, too, am looking forward to have Thursday and Friday off from work. There's a lot to do at home too that needs to be fixed since the storm last week.

Hope you all have a great day!
Tamarelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 12:50 PM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

G'Afternoon Gang

Cathy, this week (well mon & tues) can't go fast enuf for me. I'm looking forward to a few days of being home. Can't say R&R because its never that especially around the holidays LOL. Nonetheless looking forward to being with my family.

Tammy, I'm glad you get a few days off to pick up as well. That stinks not having power and not having it for a few days ... lordy !!! Good luck getting everything together.

Well, its definitly fall weather, it feels bitter cold to me..bone cold today. I remember as a kid going to football games on Thanksgiving and FREEEEZING then going home to a warm house filled with wonderful holiday smells. Ahhh, nice memories.

Other than that....nodda going on

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 01:25 PM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning Everyone
I haven't been getting much computer time lately and last week when I tried to post, something wouldn't let me

Hope everyone is doing alright.

We've been getting a lot of gusty winds, lost three trees yesterday. Thankfully nothing got hit and our power lines from the pole are under ground. We also lucked out that our power only flickered. The radio said that some people won't be getting their power back until tomorrow night, yuck. But other than that nothing new going on here.

Just wanted to pop in and say Hello! Enjoy the long weekend coming up!!

Take care all,
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 04:39 PM   #5  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Red face

Hi Ladies.

Guess what we got lastnight/early this morning? Yup snow. Not a lot, but at home at least there was enough to cover some things, we didn't get hardly anything @ work though.

My mil IMed me telling me that my husband wanted me to call him, I can't because my phone is dead and its charging, but won't let me call out. Anyways, she also said he was having pain in his kidneys, he has a kidney stone and was having problems today. She wanted him to call the dr but he said he wanted to wait. I'll see whenever he gets home. (he went over his parents to do some work for them) He has seen the dr. already for it and he did give him some meds, but then it cleared up so our dr just said to drink as much water as he could.

Well I guess that is about all for me.

TTYL

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 09:39 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

G'Morning,

Sassy, geeee hope DH feels better. They say that stones are very painful...eeeeek. You did NOT say snow..nope, I didn't read that ut uh...nanananananana I can't hear you !!! nenenenenenenener.

Buddly now you know what to ask for, for Christmas... a new PC Its been windy here too, I mean really windy, so much so that its scary driving in it.

Nothing much is new today, sosdd... No work for me tomorrow YIPPEE

Whats everyone doing for TGing?

Old 11-21-2006, 11:39 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 215/191/150

Hi all

I just to stop by and say hi, have alot on my plate at work right now so I will pop by when I can.

I hope all our American friends have a great thanksgiving!

Sassy I hope your DH feel better soon, I hate cell phones sometimes.. They seem to crap out on you when you would really like to use them, well I guess it is partly my fault really should be charging it more often..lol

Oh and on an upnote, I had a date with a really awesome guy this weekend.. Cross your fingers it continues to go well. I am seeing him again tonight to watch the hockey game.

Love ya all!
Nicklewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 07:05 PM   #8  
~Believe~

Wink

Hi Ladies!

Leenie -- Thanks. Hub feels better today, he even passed a stone last night! Yes I said SNOW! SNOW! SNOW! LOL! Although it got up to 50 today! Weird weather!!!!! lol

Nicklewise -- Yeah I'm like you, I always forget to charge my cell phone, so it was my own fault! lol...........

I wish you all who are celebrating, a very Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-22-2006, 07:53 AM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning

Nickle good luck with the new GUY~

Sassy glad DH is feeling better phewwww huh.

I'm home today, and I think I'm getting sick uhhhhhhhhhh DD had a fever the other day and now she's got a cold. The left side of my neck is hurting and I feel icky too... SHOOT!!!! joy joy lolol.

Anyway, today is cooking cooking and cooking..... because I will bring the prepared meal and heat it up at my inlaws tomorrow. THey are very elderly and can't get out so we'll bring the holidays to them...unless I'm that sick.

Whats everyone cooking ???
We're having the usual, turkey, stuffing, potatoes, sweet tato's, cauliflower, mushroom gravy, cranberries, pumpkin pie, pumpkin trifle and either blueberry or apple pie, not sure yet.

Gee maybe I should go back to bed haaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!!! I feel full just thinking about all that food lol.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE !!

Old 11-22-2006, 03:20 PM   #10  
prepare for the BEST time

Hi everyone.....happy pre-turkey day....Leenie i give you my *official* pardon for the day....(just ask Fryer and Flyer). I agree with you, it's COLD! I've been doing the 2 mile outside jog/walk and I slather cream on my face with a spatula, wear gloves and 3 tops to keep out the wind. I was off from work Mon. & Tues, for vacation...BUT I GOT SICK!!! stomach-lower GI, barfy...I couldn't LOOK at food for 2 days..., dragged myself around like 1/2 dead animal, keeping the bathroom in sight.....today I'm back to work and feel fine of course!

kidney stones are excruciating, but better to pass it at home than lithotripsy. I hope your hubby feels better.

I'm not cooking this year (yippee)! just bringing a few bottles of chardonnay to the BFs family gathering (down the shore)...but the drawback is NO leftovers! so I'll do a small turkey breast and stuff it on Saturday with some baked sweet potatoes, biscuits and greenbeans. and make some walnut brownies. yeah I know, sounds boring, but I'm truthfully just not that excited about food these days....I like a good meal, but it's not as important as it used to be.....(thankfully)!

Hi to everyone, and enjoy your holidays!
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 05:33 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 215/191/150

Hey all

Sounds like some of you are getting a bit run down.. I remember when I first started my job I could not wait for Easter break, I had not been working for a year yet and did not have vacation days I thought I would have 5 glorious days to relax.. NOT I was so sick with the flu I hardly got out of bed.. And by the time tuesday rolled around I was well enough to go to work..lol

I hope you all remember to take care of yourselves, and enjoy your thanksgiving.

Update on the guy, he is fabulous I hope I don't get hurt! But I am taking the chance anyways
Nicklewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 01:25 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Happy Thanksgiving Gang

I'm fixing to head to bed but wanted to wish everyone a very Happy & Blessed Thanksgiving!

hugs,
Cathy

cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 07:09 AM   #13  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

Happy Thanksgiving to all of the American chicks here!!!
JudoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 06:20 PM   #14  
~Believe~

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope you all are having or have had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Old 11-24-2006, 04:19 AM   #15  

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone

I hope everyone had a happy thanksgiving!

Just popping in to say Hi, not to much new here. Same old same old. Our winds have died down, but now we have lots of snow! It just keeps coming and of course I can't get the snowblower running. Thankfully its the light fluffy snow thats easy to shovel and the roads aren't icy. I'm dreading this coming week tho as they are forecasting temps down to -24C (I think its around -4F?) Tonight we have a frostbite warning, fun! I think winter may have arrived We've been so spoiled the last few years we aren't use to it anymore!!
I didn't make it onto the treadmill tonight, but at least the eating hasn't been to bad. I really do have to get exercising on a regular basis if I want to see real changes.
This weekend I'm hoping that we can do some rearranging in the house. That will mean a lot of dunging out and moving of furniture around. I'll feel so much better when its done. Then hopfully I can get started on the christmas baking. My cards are almost done, just a few letters to write and I'm waiting for the girls portraits to get back. Its a start.
Anyway I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and take care of yourselves!
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote