3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Depression and Weight Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues-76/)
-   -   Weekly Cackle - November 13th - 19th (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues/98090-weekly-cackle-november-13th-19th.html)

Leenie 11-13-2006 08:53 AM

Weekly Cackle - November 13th - 19th

Good Morning,

Can't play but you know I'm thinking about each one of you.

How was your weekend?

Stepping Out 11-13-2006 12:56 PM

Hi Leenie (and everyone)

Things are doing o.k. here. My SIL is still hanging on..in fact, she's doing better :) Her kids still can't get a straight answer from the doctors about what her prognosis is, but we're glad she's improving. I'm on my 9th day of abstaining from my favorite 'binge' food, and I've been eating healthy. The scale has moved only slightly so far, but far enough to put me UNDER the big '300' :D :carrot: :carrot: !

Leenie: I'm glad your back is improved. It's hard not being able to sit for long when you have a desk job :p Tell :drill: he needs to take a LONG lunch!

Liz: I'm glad you checked in ;). It sounds like your 'dream job' might not be such a dream :( . I hope you can work things out so you can spend more time with your family..and come and see us more often :)

Marble: Glad you're back! :D Your new guy sounds like a keeper! ;)

Cathy: Is it 'fall' down there yet? ;) It's been kind of cool down here...I like it :D

Tippy: I'm sorry to hear about your kitty :( .

I know I'm missing a whole bunch of people. :welcome3: to the newbies..and :grouphug: to everyone!

Tippy 11-14-2006 08:26 AM

Tippy, my cat, went to the Rainbow Bridge yesterday morning. It was an easy passing as the poor thing was so sick and weak.

It's been very a very painful and sad time for R and I to watch him deteriorate. We tried to save him but we knew on Sunday that it was time. I made a nest for him on our bed with soft blankets on the heated mattress pad and we were awake with him most of the time through the night.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers. We'll be fine. It just takes a little while..........

Leenie 11-14-2006 10:31 AM

Joanne, I pray your SIL continues to get better...that is just horrible not knowing. I really feel for you and her and her family. Boss...yep..long lunch indeed LOL

Tippy awwwwwwwwww :hug: :hug: :hug: I'm so sorry :cry:

BBL

Stepping Out 11-14-2006 10:58 AM

Tippy...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know what it feels like to lose a beloved pet. :hug:

cathyxxx 11-14-2006 02:16 PM

good afternoon gang :wave:

sorry I haven't posted, been really busy and had jury duty yesertday and again tomorrow, so I'm quickly trying to do what I need to do around the office today.

Tippy - I am so very very sorry about your cat. I wish I could reach thru these cyber waves and give you a great big hug! :hug:

Liz - I may not be the best one to ask bec I'm a little biased on the subject ;) but I would always encourage you (and anyone who's asking) to choose time with their family over their "dream job". Dream jobs come and go and will be waiting for you again (probably) but time with your family can never be regained. Whatever you decide I know you will make the best of the situation. I've always wanted to be at home with my boys and now they are 22 and 18. Time has gone way too quickly and it seems I've just blinked and they've gone from little ones to grown men :hug:

Hey Joanne - so good to see ya girlie! yea it's starting to feel like fall. We've had some nice cool days which are heavenly down here! I'm glad your SIL is doing better! will continue to pray for her and your family :hug: ok I just have to ask....what is your favorite binge food that you haven't had in 9 days? enquiring minds want to know ;) congrats on that scale moving below 300 :carrot: :woohoo:

Leenie - what in the world is going on over there that you are so dang busy.....said the kettle to the pot ;)

hope everybody has a BLESSED day!
hugs,
Cathy

Sassy_Chick 11-14-2006 04:41 PM

Hi Ladies.

Liz -- Have u seen the preview for Deck the Halls? It has Matthew Broderick and Danny Devito, I think it will be cute. :)

Tippy -- HUGE :grouphug: Sorry sorry hon. I know it is devestating to lose your pet whom you've loved for so long. :hug:

I hope you all are doing well. Yesterday I was in a bit of a "funk" but I think it was purely hormonal. :dizzy: I feel much better today.

Take care!

:hug:

Stepping Out 11-14-2006 09:31 PM

Hi Chicks!

In answer to your question Cathy, my favorite binge food is FAT..as in butter, margarine, cream cheese or peanut butter..with or without bread :p I can't have peanut butter in the house..it's a 'trigger food' for me. :eating2: A bite can lead to a binge! I've been able to just use margarine in moderation, and not 'snack' on toast with 2 tablespoons of spread on each slice. It's working too..I lost another 3 lbs this week! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Sassy: I know about those 'funks' :( . Glad you're feeling better :)

Hope everyone is having a good week :grouphug:

Leenie 11-15-2006 09:32 AM

Ahhhh good morning :D

Boss is gone today WHOOT!

Joanne, girlie congrats on getting into the TWOsies !!!! I know what you mean about pnut butter, lordy that stuff is so good yet so evil. I used to sit with the container and a spoon and watch TV... yeah I know. I don't do it anymore b/c well... we know why.

Cathy... have fun at jury duty... ICK! Look at it as a break away from the crazyness of work and smile ;) Work is busy, when the boss is here its impossible to get to read up on you guys.

Liz, If I could, I would drop my job in a flash to stay home and be with my DD and take care of my family as well as myself, clean and cook... yeah I'd love to be a suzie homemaker :D I would love to stay home until my DD is grown and then go back to work (if I wanted), I just hate knowing I am missing so much of her growing up... its heart breaking :( Your decision must be so difficult since this is your dream job we are talking about. Hugs and kisses to you and what ever you decide... do it for you and whats going to make you happy... its your life kiddo :hug: :hug:

Sassy how are ya feeling today ? hope your funk isn't to funky today ;)

Cristina....... looking forward to chatting with you :hug:

Nothing happening today SOSDD. DH is planning his route for shopping on black friday OY VEY!!!!! LOLOL, Men are strange LOLOL

Other than that, nodda.

Nicklewise 11-15-2006 01:42 PM

Hi everyone

The weekend went ok, I am still so confused about my ex though. He was in town for the weekend to spend time with my daughter, which is great but he also wanted me to come along and spend time with them. I should have said no but I really do love the dumbass.

Just some background info, in August he asked me if I wanted to have another baby, at this point we had not been together for years.. Occasionally we were intimate but that is about it. I asked him if he wanted to give us another shot and he said yes. I told him this was a very big decision and I needed time to think about it. I called him back after about 4 days of really thinking hard and decided if he was ready to commit so would I. Big mistake… When I called him I asked him if he meant what he said, his response was well I thought DD needed a brother or sister. Well needless to say I told him if that was his only reason for doing it then my answer is a no.

Ok now back to this weekend, like I stated above he asked me along with them to do stuff all weekend, rock climbing, shopping, movies etc.. So I offer to pay and he says no, so I don’t cook clean or do much of anything really he is up in the morning making sure DD is ready and all. So on his last day here I have to ask him. “Why did you ask me to have another baby?’ he has no answer .. I ask him what was wrong with you? Were you high/drunk or otherwise mentally incapacitated? He says no. That is about as much as I could get out of him. We go to lunch we talk normally and then I am taking him back so he can catch his bus, before he leaves I ask him if I made him uncomfortable. Thinking that maybe I really did read him wrong and maybe I should have just stayed out the way this weekend. He says no, where you trying to? I laughed and said no since it was not my intent, anyways before he gets out of the car he says he had a really great time this weekend. And that is it goodbye.

I know this is a depression forum and not a broken hearts forum but I just want to know if I am the only who thinks this guy is a dumbasss? And any advice on learning to let go.

Sorry for the rant ladies but I needed to get this out,

I hope you all are doing well after the long weekend! When is US Thanksgiving was it this last weekend or the one coming up?

Leenie 11-15-2006 02:46 PM

Oh Nickle, you did not deserve that...... sounds like he was thinking with the wrong head again and I'm so sorry he got your hopes up again.... SHAME SHAME ON HIM!!!! I'm so glad you are very smart and took your time to think about it. I know you love him and it hurts that he is like this but I doubt he will ever change. Dumb@$$ is correct.

Learning to let go is hard, especially when you have to see him because of your DD. I believe that when you meet Mr. Right and he treats you like the princess you deserve to be treated like...then your feelings for him will change and change fast. Yes there are nice guys out there... I believe you will meet one in God's time and not ours...so be patient. Keep your chin up and keep smiling... it attracts nice guys :s: ... really it does :hug:

marbleflys 11-15-2006 04:38 PM

oops, I posted to the last week thread yesterday, apologies, I'm blonde.

tippy, I'm very sorry for you, losing the furchild is painful, but I know you loved the cat an he had a very good life.

work is irritating me today, along with the weather and my hair....

I bought this fancy new coffee pot and programed it so I have coffee ready when I wake up....this morning I woke up to the great smell of fresh coffee at 4:15AM----TOO EARLY! i made an error when I set the fancy little clock.

hi to everyone, back later when i'm less grouchy.

Sassy_Chick 11-15-2006 10:34 PM

Hi Ya ladies. Doing better, thanks. Its back to work tomorrow night though. :( I don't wanna go back. :tantrum: Do I have too? lol.

Have a great night all.

:hug:

CIN 11-16-2006 07:46 AM

Goooooooooooooooooooood Morning Everyone!
Long time...no see!

Been busy working lots of extra....trying to pay off some hospital bills!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
I am getting there!

Hope everyone is looking forward to Thanksgiving a week from today. I plan on making my list and shopping Friday to avoid the groceries as much as possible next week. My husband has to work..which is such a change..him working on a Holiday.but hey I can go with the changes..it is part of Life.being able to CHANGE and still be happy:smug: !

It may snow a little here today! Yeah..I love WINTER:dizzy: !

Hope everyone is well and happy!

BBL;) :D

Nicklewise 11-16-2006 10:46 AM

Thanks Leenie!

You know eventually you have to believe your real friends who say he is bad for you, they are telling the truth! If it was my friend going through the same thing I would be telling them he is not worth it, I guess I should take my own advice!