Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 09-02-2006, 10:12 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I did it!!! I made my first goal which was 10% of my body weight. As of this morning I have lost 27 lbs. Now on to my next 10% goal, 25 lbs. I am really excited this morning. WOOOHOOO!!!!
trishn222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 02:13 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Hey Gang, as usual I have had the busiest week. Our youngest son has strep throat and is taking 21 hours at college and can’t miss a minute, so it was hard getting him into a doc. Thankfully they gave him a penicillin shot and antibiotics to take for a week along with some medicated gargle and he is doing better. He ran fever for over 4 days. Yikes. Our 27th anniversary was yesterday and we went out and ate supper. Other than that it’s just been work work work and family and youth.

Today I didn’t get out of bed til 9:00 which is like staying in bed all day to me. I’ve been picking up and washing clothes and now I’m cooking a pork roast for supper. I’ve got all of dh’s lawn service books laid out on the dining room table as I have not done one thing to his books this year and I have got to get it together....today! I have put it off far too long!

I promised myself I was gonna get a walk in today but I can see it’s not happening. Somehow I will get myself back in gear.

Liz - hope y’all had a good vacation! Sorry about the freezer and the washer. Do you have everything working again? You must be so excited to have someone is coming to clean house each week. When will that start? Whooohoooo

Lynnie - hope you are feeling better now and the pm has passed. How did you do the rest of the week with your eating?

2bpretty - I’m so glad that Ernesto fizzled out and wasn’t a problem for you. I don’t even want to talk about storms. As one appears, everybody around here starts talking about them and making plans and I refuse to talk about them until they get in the gulf ;-) Hope everybody is over the stomach bug!

Judomom - how is your week going?

Trish - the week has flown by for me too! Good for you walking everyday! CONGRATS ON REACHING YOUR FIRST GOAL! you should be excited! I’m excited for you! WOW!!!

Sassy - what ya up to girl?

Buddly - when does school start? Y’all ready?

Leenie - thanks for sharing the pics. Y’all must have had fun at the farm. The Peacock is beautiful and the lions are such a bright color. Wow! I know you have enjoyed your week off from work!!!! And that it is going by way too quickly! Are y’all still swimming or is it getting too cold?

Hope everybody has a great weekend!
hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 07:31 PM   #18  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Trish congrats on the weight loss WHOOT !!!! I have been eating poorly and promise to start eating good and exercising soon.

Cathy hope DS is doing well and the strep goes away speedy. I've had a wacky week.... 2 trips to the hospital 1 for my mom, 1 for DH... both are okay thank God !! Me too Cathy, I'll get myself back in gear soon, its been a rough few weeks. Depression (SAD) is setting in early this year so I need to make an appt to go to the doctor SOON. My pool temp went down to 72 with all this rain we've been having, I think the season is over unless we have a miracle and it warms up in a few days w/the sun (doubt it) the season was cut short thats for sure. I like swimming in 88 degrees, anything below 75 is toooooooooo cooooold.

Okay back to cleaning up (and nothing looks clean when I'm done either lol).

Have a happy night.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 01:44 PM   #19  

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone,

Trish, congrats on meeting your first goal

Cathy I hope your son feels better soon.

leenie thanks for the zoo pics. I love the one of the peacock.

Quiet weekend here. Hubby has to work it, but at least he is home at night. Went to the uni to pay A's tuition and buy books, yuck! School starts on Tuesday. B and C will both be in the same high school this year so that will be easier. C is upset with me as we missed sign up for her judo, but I'm sure there won't be a problem going in on Tuesday with cheques in hand. We are having beautiful fall weather. I am so glad that it is still sunny and warm out. We are hoping to have a hot dog roast outside tomorrow we haven't done that much this year as its been so hot and dry I don't like having an open fire (thank goodness for bbq's!) I also went through the files and have a bunch of old bill statements and bankstatments that I want to burn. I've been lazy about filing and the file cabinet wouldn't close properly so something had to be done. I really don't know what the kids are going to do on Tuesday when they have to catch the bus at 7:45 am especially since its 10:40 am and only one is up and she just got up!!

Anyhow, take care all and have a wonderful Sunday!
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 02:42 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Leenie-Thanks for the zoo pics they looked fun.

Cathy-I hope your son get feeling better.

Buddly-I hear you about the file cabinet. DH thinks that we can keep shoving stuff in without getting a new one.

Thanks for all the kind words about reaching my first goal. You guys are awesome. Not much going on here for me.

Trish
trishn222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 09:25 AM   #21  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning,

Tomorrow is the first day of kindergarten for my DD, she's so excited, as I am for her. Today is tidying up and going to the store for some healthy snacks for her. Tomorrow is the day I have to get myself back on track... I really have to.

Buddly my DD gets up at 6AM to be at school by 7AM. Its an adjustment thats for sure but they get used to it fast. Hope your enjoying the weenie roast My DH is working today too

Well kiddo's off to clean. Have a happy safe labor day !!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 12:29 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

good morning gang

guess what....I slept in til 8 this morning and then I did 3 miles with Leslie whooohooooo

hope everybody has a blessed day!
hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote