Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-29-2006, 07:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/175/120

Default Not losing

I'm so pissed that I'm not seeing the results I want to see
I've been on my "diet" for around 5 weeks now but I still don't see results..
last week I weighted myself and was 169 pounds which I was quite happy about but a few days later we got a new scale and I tried it out and it said I was 175 pounds..
why isn't this working.. I would think in 5 weeks I would see some results but to me it seems like I haven't made any progress at all.. I've been exercising almost every day for an half hour to 1 hour and I eat around 1500 calories a day.. this totally sucks.. well I guess I'm too impatient but it's really discouraging if you don't see any results :/
Arcane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 08:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 262/244/160

Height: 5'4"

I'm in the same boat! I've been seeing a personal trainer and cutting back on food for around 5 weeks and I haven't lost a pound! I don't even think I look any different. Anyway, I know what I'm doing is good and I am healthier today than I was yesterday...even if the scale is being stubborn. Just stick with it and you should start seeing results soon (I hope I do!) Good luck!
ayla84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 08:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

measure yourself you may be losing inches which means building muscle and muscle weighs more than fat. So u may be loosing
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 10:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 175/175/120

Thanks guys! I know I'm on the right track and I have to be patient, but it's very hard :/
and yeah Ayla I'm going to stick with it and hopefully see results soon.. good luck to you too!
Thanks canadian mom I was thinking about that too.. you're probably right about the building muscle thing thanks again ^^
Arcane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 07:29 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/240/120

Height: 5'3"

I saw a doctor because I did Tae-Bo for one month straight, only stoping on Sundays, and I didn't lose an ounce. The doctor said that it can take up to 6 months to see results on a scale. I agree with you that it IS difficult, especially if you are like me, I figure I worked out for a couple of days, why am I still fat? LOL Oh! another thing you might want to consider is your scale. Whatever scale you use in the beginning you should continue to use. Even if that scale is a dirty rotten liar! LOL because for SOME strange reason no scale weighs the same way or something. You're doing fantastic! 5 weeks down! You could have spent that 5 weeks talking about how you need to exercise and eat right and complaining about your fat, but you didn't, you laced up your boot straps and DID something. Believe it or not that is half the battle! Great JOB!!
JJPhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 09:12 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 170/166/150

Height: 5'8"

Hey,

I'm sorry to hear so much frustration. But it's wonderful that you're not throwing in the towel. So many people give up because they don't see the results they want. Congrats on being so dedicated!

I agree with the post that recommending measuring inches, using bodyfat calipers and other methods of determining success. Scales can be extremely tricky.

If you find yourself in a rut, it might be a good time to evaluate your current routine. What does your workout consist of? Do you incorporate weightlifting? What kinds of food are you eating and how often?
Hale_Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 02:31 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 185/179/125

Height: 5'0"

Arcane,

Oh, how I know how you feel. I started working out two months ago and in the first month I gained 6 pounds. Now 8 weeks later I have finally lost 5 pounds. Hang in there, probably muscle gain like me. Get that tape measure out and measure, you are losing inches. You are doing great. Hang in there!
n2luvnlife is offline   Reply With Quote