Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-18-2006, 10:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: Size 24/Size 20/Size 8

Height: 5'7"

Unhappy Got the Pre-Weekend Blues

Ever since the BF and I split up a couple of months ago, I have been trying so hard to keep my weekends filled with activities so I don't have time to think about how lonely I am and get depressed.

I was going to go shopping for new clothes Saturday afternoon with an acquaintance, but she cancelled because she has to work.

*Sigh*

Now I've got an endless Saturday afternoon stretching in front of me and nothing to fill it except chores and housework....yuck
fiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 11:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 152/140/125

Turn that frown upside down! Here are some ideas to help fill your Saturday...

1. Treat yourself to a pedicure
2. Go to a book store, get a cup of coffee or tea or whatever you like and browse the books and magazines for a few hours
3. Go see a movie - there's nothing wrong with going to a movie alone, I do it all of the time
4. Spend your afternoon reconnecting with old friends & family you've lost touch with. Call a friend you haven't spoken with in years. Reply to all of those old emails that you keep meaning to get around to. Call a relative you haven't spoken with in a while.
5. Check out some volunteer opportunities in your area. Many places need volunteers on the weekends. Become a big sister to a young girl or volunteer on weekends at an animal shelter.
6. Enroll in a correspondence course and start studying something you're interested in. Always wanted to learn French??? Go for it!

You are your own best friend and you need to treat yourself that way. Enjoy the company of yourself and give yourslef a big hug. You'll get through this...it just takes time.
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 02:09 AM   #3  

Genesis idea number 2 is wonderful.

Fiddler I dont know how big of a reader you are, but thats absolutely one of my favorite things to do. When I have no one around to spend time with me I go to Barnes and Nobles and browse the book section before I check out some magazines.

I also go to the library and check out like 25 books every 2 or 3 weeks or so (im kinda a dork).

Book + Tea (or coffee if you prefer) = HEAVEN!
LiLLy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 06:39 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Your saturdays sound exactly like mine.. put some music on and dance while your doing your housework... it does help.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 05:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: Size 24/Size 20/Size 8

Thanks for all the good suggestions. I think a large dose of hormones is contributing the problem....didn't realize it was that close to TOM. It's been so erratic lately.

I went to the library and got a bunch of books. Gonna see if I can keep from bursting into tears too many times this afternoon. I hate feeling this way. Even my teeth ache
fiddler is offline   Reply With Quote