Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-07-2006, 11:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 145/145/107

Height: 5'1

Unhappy *Sigh, Oh Boy.. harder than I thought

Hey Ladies. Im feeling a little down, I havent been on this thread in weeks, sometimes I feel like I cannot lose weight and I will be overweight for the rest of my life.
The other day I went out with my sister and her friend, and when my sister and I got home she told me that he said I have a huge belly and every time he sees me I look fatter. That made me feel reallly bad about myself which lead to more eating and less excersise. My father is always hitting my bellying and telling me to lose weight, he calls me fatty all the time and thinks its so funny, I'm not amused at all. I just wanna lose the weight and go back to the old me.
I wasnt always fat I was 110lbs before moving to the United States. I think the US food got to me and now im really overweight and I dont wanna die young. All im asking for is someone to support me and give me motivation

Thank YoU
BabyPhat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 11:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

One thing I want you to do for yourself is this: Give yourself a pat on the back (call it an NSV non scale victory) for EVERY time you make a good choice. If you normally buy supersize stuff and you got medium fries, THAT'S an NSV because you are thinking about what you are doing. Hopefully you will have progressively better and better NSV the more you think about what you do. Skip being hard on yourself and be proud of making good choices.

Journal (record those choices, good or bad..they will make you mindful and helps you to confront your weaknesses so you can slowly make changes).
Drink more water.
And whatever you decide to do to get yourself back on track, we at 3FC will be here to help.

3 ways of thinking that help me:

1. Aim for PROGRESS, not perfection.
2. Change One Theory: Change one habit, master it, then add another habit. Don't let the whole thing overwhelm you by making tons of changes at once. (I do 2-3 changes at the same time but I don't try to change my whole life and lifestyle overnight).
3. It took time to get you to this state, it will take time to get out of it. Don't consider it an all or nothing process. Consider it a forever continuing learning process.
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 11:56 PM   #3  
Beam me up Scotty!

S/C/G: 310/218/140

Height: 5'6"

Oh wow, I'm sorry you have had to go through that, especially with family who you would think would try to be as supportive and motivating as possible. You deserve to have them in your corner and I think you should let them know how you feel.

I don't think it was appropriate for your sister to tell you what her friend said. Not only was it down right mean but if she is concerned for your health then she should address you as her sister in a loving, helpful manner. That goes for your father too. There are many here that will tell you that an unsupportive family just made them even more rebellious and wanting to eat. Some feel it is the only control they have in their lives whether they eat or not.

Yes, unfortunately, we are known as the land of the disposable and fast food. Many of us struggle with it. Coming on here is a good step, try to find others around you that will support you if you can't get it from your family. You need to have positive messages going in your mind to offset the negative. Try to think why YOU want to do this. What is your motivation? All the nagging in the world isn't going to keep you going in the right direction if you're not ready.

When you are, you don't need to starve yourself, just look for healthier alternatives to those foods you love, keep active and plan, plan, plan. The traps of fast food are that it's cheap, fast and easy. You're going to have to plan and prepare for those times you need something quick.

Keep looking for that support and speak up for yourself, you deserve it! All the best to you.
cantforgetthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 12:44 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Oh that makes me so mad that your family is treating you like that.

You need to learn to ignore them, I know it is hard and some days it is easier than other days. My family has also always been this way, I am just learning to deal with them and ignore what they say. You can do it. You can look great and don't let them send you into a self destructive cycle. I know that is what happened to me a lot. We are here to support you and help you and you are alway welcome to vent. I certainly do it enough.
trishn222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 03:38 AM   #5  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

I guess I'm more the aggressive type, I used to call it assertive but people don't avoid confrontation with assertive...lol (sorta) That type of treatment would absolutely modivate me to rub my accomplishments in their faces but I like to make people "eat crow" when they deserve it. Channel your energy to benefit you, I know its hard to pick yourself up after someone has knocked you down but don't let yourself ignore the consiquences for your actions. Take complete control and maybe you will eventually project a more confident and in charge person that maybe, just maybe these people will think twice before saying whatever insult pops into there brain. I'm sorry they are so thoughtless and you are not fat.
Stevi-rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 04:14 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 145/145/107

Height: 5'1

I Just wanna Thank Everyone for what they have said, now I feel like I can do it and prove to my family I can lose weight. I LOVE this forum so much, everyone is supportive and they dont call you FATTY.
Thank You Sooo MUch!!

I CAN DO THIS
BabyPhat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 12:54 PM   #7  
CURVY VIXEN

S/C/G: 205/194/128

Height: 5'2''

((((((hugz)))))) to shanae
purplepansy912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 03:49 PM   #8  

You know the saying, "With friends like these, who needs enemys"? Well, sadly, family falls into that category all too often.

((((((((())))))))s to you.

Try to spend time with those who support you, even if it's just this board right now.

It is a wonderful place.

You CAN and WILL lose weight when you are ready. Until then, it doesn't define you unless you let it.
beginme is offline   Reply With Quote