Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 06-09-2006, 08:53 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking TGIFriday Chat - June 9th

Good Morning,

Sorry I can't play but I will read and catch up with you all tomorrow morning.

Got any good plans for the weekend???
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 10:03 AM   #2  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

No plans here! Actually I do plan to get all my dishes washed and my kitchen in order! It's been so hot lately that I've really not had any desire to stick my hands into hot water for a few hours to do dishes! Today it's raining, and it's supposed to rain all weekend, which is good because we need it to cool off a bit. Maybe it will help my allergies as well.
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 03:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 215/191/150

Basically cleaning the house, I moved last month and still have a few things that need to be put away or set-up. They are mostly out of eyesight but I know they are there. It has been bugging me. If the sun comes out maybe a trip to the water park? And sat is the Oilers game, so that about ties up my weekend!

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!
Nicklewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 04:56 PM   #4  

Amanda......you do dishes for a few hours! Wow.....you are a hard worker. Still hot in Ontario?......... it is raining out west.

Nickle.........is it nice enough where you are to go to the waterpark?

......it is pouring here.

Leens stop working so hard.......come and have some fun.

I am on days off.......this weekend is a big anniversary party in the family, my daughters grade 9 farewell and shopping for a big family wedding coming up.........I am having chest pain........I am going to start walking in the morning with my daughter starting tomorrow.

I will try to post to keep me accountable..........so far I am off the whole weekend.......I doubt it will last.......I got a phone call at 0150 last night asking me to come into work immediately......I couldn't.......too much happening today.

Hugs everyone!

L
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 05:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I am also out west and it is raining again today. I get SAD worse when it is good weather and then turns bad (like a rainy day in the middle of sunny weather). I think my DH is starting to get really worried about it. I feel a little off but not too bad. He just worries even when I get a little off. He knows that sometimes it can spiral and then when I am here all day long with the kids, etc. No big plans for weekend.

Trish
trishn222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 07:04 PM   #6  

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone

So glad we are in sunshine here and its nice and warm. Today DD16 had a half day so we went to town and she got her learners lisence. Fun and games. Haven't gotten anything else done today tho. DH is suppose to have tomorrow off so hopefully he can get the grass cut. Its suppose to be nice all weekend.

Anyway hope everyone feels better soon,
Take care,
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 10:12 PM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hey Girls,

I'm up passed my bedtime so I thought I would check in and do some personals.

Buddly you did enuf today just with bringing DD for her permit...thats enuf for any parent LOL. Enjoy your sunshine.

Trish, have you ever heard of a light box? Some people who suffer with SAD use it in place of the sun (just a few minutes a day). I'd like to get one because I hear it really helps.

Liz you are the busy one. Hey girl, sorry to hear about the chest pains...is it stress?

Nickle you enjoy your weekend at the water park and the game

Amanda lookie at your avitar... LOVE IT!! Don't do those nasty dishes, you'll ruin your hands LOL (cheat and use paper lol). Enjoy cleaning, thats what I'll be doing too.

Okay folks, gotta go. TTYT
Old 06-09-2006, 10:15 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 232 just getting started on it

Hot and sticky here in Florida! We need rain desperately. We have had a burn ban for months now and my grass is drying up. Anyone know any indian rain dances LOL! But I do here that they are already tracking something in the ocean for hurricane season UHHHH! Not looking forward to that again. Hope you all enjoy your weekend!!
not2fat2bpretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 10:34 PM   #9  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Well I got alot accomplished today! All the dishes got done, and then we ate dinner, so now there are more! Geesh... I'm liking the idea of paper plates!

I did find out some horrible news about a friend of mine.... he has a rare malignant tumor. They don't know what causes it. It's a tumour that grows rapidly, and comes from no where out of the blue. They will only be able to take part of the tumor out, due to its location. So that wasn't good news at all. He will then have radiation and chemo as well this week. It's the deadliest form of brain tumor that one could ever have. The surgery will be at Sunnybrook Hospital this Tues. at 11:00 a.m. He has six months to two years to live! He has a wife and a 7 yr old daughter, who they told the news minus the worst part. She knows that her dad is getting his head operated on, so he will be bald. All this after he just got laid off from his job of 14 yrs.... please keep them in prayer!
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 09:10 AM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

2BePretty.... we've had so much rain in the past week we are all soggy... we have mushrooms growing instead of grass out in the yard. I wish I could have blown them storm clouds down by you. Where in FL are you? do you get hit by the hurricanes often?

Amanda I will keep all of those you mentioned in my prayers...geese, makes you realize how lucky we really are. Good for you for getting your dishes done lol.

HUGS