Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-09-2006, 11:17 PM   #1  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Red face Hi Everybody!

Hi Everybody!

I am taking Ellis advice and posting an intro. I like all the forums, but this one is probably the one I "hang out" in the most!

So here goes. My name is Sassy,I'm 31, married, I have PCOS and Type II Diabetes, I am on medication (Fortamet & Avandia) and diet and exercise for my Diabetes. Although I will admit I am struggling a lot with it because my husband is NOT a diabetic and has a sweet tooth. I know that isn't a very good excuse. But I'm being honest.

Also we work 3rd shift so it makes it difficult at times to eat healthy and exercise. We are currently looking into joining a 24 hr. fitness club that is across the st. from our work. We recently purchased a Food Saver (system that vaccuum seals your food) so we can portion out our food and keep it fresher longer. (sound like a commerical now don't I?) lol.

I have struggled all my life with my weight and this is the heaviest I have been. I am probably around 300 lbs or maybe even 310 by now. I wasn't weighed last time at the drs since I was VERY sick then. I will ask to be weighed at my next appt. (working with my dr to lose weight)

My weakest point is with our shift and all we don't cook a whole lot. So I'm looking for quick, easy, healthy meals that don't taste like cardboard to eat and take to work to eat. Also healthy snacks for work. I'm not much of a veggie or fruit eater either. My hubby loves fruit however. I am a fast food junkie.

I have found a new love. Fish. So I'm looking for healthy fish recipes. I had Salmon lastnight and it was great! I wanna try more fish cuz I know it's good for you (IF cooked right) and very lean!

What else? Ummmm. Also I was in a car accident like 10 yrs or so ago which caused a spinal injury and my back goes out once in a while from that and I also have arthritis from it. My dr. recommended me starting out walking back and forth in a pool so it's easier on my joints.

PM me if you'd like my email addy! Just please let me know your from here.

I think that is about it. Feel free to ask me any questions you want. I'm completely open.

I just recently changed my User ID from Fatt_Lady to Sassy_Chick and "came out of hiding". I feel much better about myself!

Thanks so much!

Sassy_Chick

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 06-14-2006 at 10:58 PM.
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 09:10 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

TFL

Oh boy do I hear yah on the DH who has a sweet tooth. My biggest struggles are on the weekend when all my skinny hubby wants to do is have goodies in the house. During the week he's good but he feels he deserves it after being good all week... well duh.. that doesn't help ME LOL.

You do not have to be embarassed here about what you eat or say, no way!! we are in the same boat one way or another.

Fish is awesome. I love tilipia, flounder, orange roughy, sword fish, halibit and tuna steaks. All of these fish don't taste 'fishy' to me. What I don't like is shell fish, ick. I either grill my fish with a sea food seasoning or I bake it.

What are you talking about leaving? you just got here... don't worry, we are not offended by your name or anything else.

Come join us on the daily chat thread (not chat room), its the thread with today's date on it so the girls can get to know you better

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 09:47 AM   #3  
Dream Big

S/C/G: 233.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2

We have a great group here. Very supportive and understanding people. I hope you'll join us in our daily chats so we can get to know you better. Oh and we won't ask you to leave just because you like your privacy! We're here for eachother, real names or usernames it doesn't matter. What matters is getting and giving the support that we all need to make it through this battle.
timmyshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 11:06 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Hey Lady - it is very nice to meet you and I'm glad you are here!
why not join us on the daily thread. We would love to chat with you there!

btw - I love fish also - I pretty much just season it up and then either pan grill it or bake it in the oven - creative I know but it works for me.

hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 12:45 PM   #5  
CIN

Welcome Flady ( friendly lady)
I think you will like everyone here!
Glad you joined in.
I am here on & off!

Cin
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 01:45 PM   #6  
Hot Mama

Welcome Flday. This group has been so helpful to me. A great bunch of people. Look forward to getting to know you! And my yahoo messenger name is tiradowoman.
Marciet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 06:47 PM   #7  
~Believe~

Thanks EVERYBODY for all the kind words and WELCOMES!
Old 05-12-2006, 12:36 AM   #8  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hey Flady... I've "met" you in a few other threads but wanted to take a moment to say hi and officially you!!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 11:07 PM   #9  
~Believe~

Wink Thanks Misti!

Thanks Misti! I know I'm WAY late on this, just looking back at some older threads, but just wanted to say thanks and I've enjoyed getting to know you!
Old 06-03-2006, 11:16 PM   #10  

Hi Flady - I like fish too. I make my kids eat it. They hate it. It's fun.
CJ :) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 03:06 AM   #11  
~Believe~

Default Fish

Yeah I wasn't much of a fish eater until I ate the Salmon at a nice restaurant and thought it was great!